Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Round Three (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794045-round-three.html)

NewSize4Me 01-09-2013 09:35 AM

Round Three

Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind if I join you again. I've done JUDDD twice, both times with success, but didn't stick with it. Even though I changed plans last time, I was still losing great until I had an injury and couldn't do any kind of workout at all, not even walking on the treadmill for five minutes. Doctors orders. :cry: Many, many months later I am up almost 16 pounds. I need some way to manage my calories until I can start working out again, and this plan works for me. So, here I am again. :hiya: I started Monday with a DD, and today I'm already down 2.8 pounds. I just wanted to reintroduce myself before I started jumping in on other threads. Thanks.

KeirasMom 01-09-2013 10:03 AM

:welcome: back!

vanilla_latte 01-09-2013 10:05 AM

Welcome back and I hear you. I gained quite a few after my surgery last summer and I had finally begun losing just before that. Good job on the loss! :up:

NewSize4Me 01-09-2013 11:02 AM

Thanks KeirasMom and vanilla_latte. It's good to be back and have a plan.

LoCarbGal 01-09-2013 11:45 AM

:welcome: back and congrats on the great start! Sorry you've had to struggle with an injury. I've had a couple myself over the years and it can really change your life, especially in the short term. Glad to have you with us, and I'll look forward to seeing your posts!

NewSize4Me 01-09-2013 11:53 AM

Thanks LoCarbGal. It's good to be back. I'm hoping this injury will be "short" term. I was super active before the accident and it's making me crazy to be so inactive. I never thought I would learn to love exercise and now that I have, I miss it. Thanks again for the welcome.

Luna Loca 01-09-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewSize4Me (Post 16183729)
Thanks LoCarbGal. It's good to be back. I'm hoping this injury will be "short" term. I was super active before the accident and it's making me crazy to be so inactive. I never thought I would learn to love exercise and now that I have, I miss it. Thanks again for the welcome.

I know what you mean. Since we've moved and we now live like nomads, one of the things I miss most is my gym membership. Especially since it's cold out and I can't just go for a walk and expect not to freeze my face off. I'd never have thought I'd be jonesing for an elliptical.

Welcome back, and I hope the injury heals quickly and without any long-lasting effects, so that you're good as new in no time!

NewSize4Me 01-09-2013 01:10 PM

Thank you Luna. And I hope you can find a substitute for the gym that you like, without freezing. :)

Flutter 01-09-2013 01:15 PM

Welcome back! I know what its like to get injured, have to stop working out and then end up regaining weight. Yep, btdt, NO fun! Hugs to you and hope you have a super easy time losing the weight you want. It helps when you know the plan works already, huh? :)

NewSize4Me 01-09-2013 01:25 PM

Thanks, Flutter. It does help knowing the plan works. I've heard the saying that weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise and it's a good thing for me, because I can't even do 1% exercise yet. :lol: (:sad:) I so hope that by time I get closer to my goal weight I'll be able to work out again and get some tone back.

I'm so glad I came back here. You are all such a nice, supportive group. Thank you.

Kissa 01-10-2013 11:05 AM

Lovely to have you back with us, and you have the confidence of knowing that this works for you. Hope you are healing well.

NewSize4Me 01-10-2013 11:17 AM

Thank you Cindy. :)

Eieio 01-10-2013 11:24 AM

Newsize ur in good company.
A wise lady said on this board not long ago concerning exercise.
She respects her body. Aka KISSA
I'm doing that myself. Not beating myself up caz I can't do want I use to do.
Relax, heal, and respect where u are with ur health. Hasn't been easy for me to do until lately. I m getting better, not pushing it. I will never push it again.
But I'm older now wiser than normal. Smile
Glad your here with us.
Ei

mom23kids 01-10-2013 12:45 PM

:welcome: back!

gotsomeold 01-10-2013 01:42 PM

Welcome back! So sorry your life was turned upside down!

NewSize4Me 01-10-2013 05:19 PM

Gotsomeold, mom23kids, and eieio, thank you for the welcome, the advice, and the kind thoughts. I appreciate it.

Carly 01-10-2013 05:25 PM

:welcome: back. I'm in the same- limited to no exercise boat. I miss it and wish there was more I could do physically, but JUDDD has worked really well even with minimal exercise.

Librarygirl 01-10-2013 05:32 PM

Welcome back. :) I'm not exercising either, but not because of an injury. I just haven't gotten into the habit. I was a big exerciser in my 20s and early 30s, but have gone many years as a sedentary couch potato. :D I do want to get back into it too. Hope you recover quickly and are able to do all you want to do.

NewSize4Me 01-10-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16186935)
:welcome: back. I'm in the same- limited to no exercise boat. I miss it and wish there was more I could do physically, but JUDDD has worked really well even with minimal exercise.

Carly, I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat. But, wow, 55 pounds lost on JUDDD with little to no exercise is amazing and very encouraging! :clap: Thanks for the welcome.

NewSize4Me 01-10-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16186950)
Welcome back. :) I'm not exercising either, but not because of an injury. I just haven't gotten into the habit. I was a big exerciser in my 20s and early 30s, but have gone many years as a sedentary couch potato. :D I do want to get back into it too. Hope you recover quickly and are able to do all you want to do.

Thank you, Librarygirl. :)

gotitnow 01-10-2013 09:02 PM

:hiya:So glad you are here!!! To me, there is no better place to be! Hope you are soon a JUDDD BUD for LIFE too!:heart:

Phyl:heart:

tobelowcarber 01-11-2013 05:32 AM

:welcome: Back! This is also a third round for me. This time I am planning to stick around.

NewSize4Me 01-11-2013 06:21 AM

Thanks Phyl and Marika. This is a great place to be. :) I hope to be able to stick with this plan to goal this time.