Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Wednesday - what's the plan? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/794036-ud-wednesday-whats-plan.html)

zipp2play 01-09-2013 05:44 AM

UD Wednesday - what's the plan?

B - 2 eggs, cheese, toast
S - protein granola bar
L - homemade sweet/sour pork (the kids hated it so DH and I will finish it up)
D - grilled chicken with salad and baked potato

Some sort of chocolate sometime during the day! Goal 1900c

sorenkkg 01-09-2013 07:31 AM

Hate to say it, still sick :( BUT-- slightly better than yesterday, so that's something. I gave in, went back on the cold meds, and set up the humidifier last night. Also slept "up" with lots of pillows, which I think helps with "drainage" rather than sleeping on my back/side/stomach.

Today:

B: not sure, maybe toast? lots of vitamins, water, tea to come

L: not a clue

D: probably the steaks I didn't have the other day, some veggies with butter, chocolate

I'm shooting for 2000 cal.

:) S.

Eieio 01-09-2013 07:50 AM

Soren
I think u've suffered enough.
Wish you would see a doctor.
U may need an ant-b. miracle med. smile.

sorenkkg 01-09-2013 09:36 AM

:) Thanks EI, but I swear, I even took my temperature last night, and I was just below normal (which is normal for me).

I do actually feel a bit (smidge, teeny tiny) bit better today. I'm giving it through this weekend, and if I don't see improvement, I promise to call on Monday.

Coughing is much less, dripping is less (could be the antihistamines I took though), nose blowing is less.

I promise, I will call next week if I have to!

:hugs:
S.

Demonica 01-09-2013 10:13 AM

Today was supposed to be UD but I started doing the potato fast yesterday. Scale was down this morning:jumpjoy: so I decided why stop? Also my third day not drinking soda.:jumpjoy:

sorenkkg 01-09-2013 10:28 AM

I think not drinking soda is key. I hardly ever do anymore-- just water, and either hot or cold tea. I do still use splenda to sweeten-- either packets or liquid. Wonder if the benefit of not drinking soda still counts?

LoCarbGal 01-09-2013 10:36 AM

Good job on going off the soda! I did it about 3 years ago (totally inadvertently) and really don't miss it. I do have a diet Dr Pepper or root beer every now and then when I want it, but mostly enjoy iced tea/sweetzfree instead. Sure saves a lot of money!

zipp2play 01-09-2013 11:14 AM

Sorry, but I love my Coke Zero! Not sure I would/could ever give it up! Especially on a DD! :)

sorenkkg 01-09-2013 11:27 AM

Monica-- have you seen the sodastream stuff at Target and other places? I got one for DH-- you make your own soda, and they have pre-made syrups that replace all the popular sodas (including coke zero, and diet coke, and caffeine free diet coke). You can also use your davinci or torani syrups for other flavors. You can also fizz other stuff, like juices or even alcoholic beverages (just not milk/creamy stuff).

Even though DH hasn't given up soda, we are saving $, and environment (you use re-useable bottles with the system).

LoCarbGal 01-09-2013 11:36 AM

Soren, I have been so curious about those machines! My main concern is that it won't taste as good as the real, canned stuff! What is your, and DH's take on the taste? I mean, does it taste "almost" like it, or is it really just like (or better)?

sorenkkg 01-09-2013 11:45 AM

I think it's pretty right on. You can add as much/little syrup as you want, so that's a factor, and the water is good and fizzy-- I originally got it for DH b/c he was drinking bottled fizzy lemon water, and I'm like, why are we paying for glass bottle from italy??? :confused:

I think the best flavor is the dr. pepper-like one, and DH drinks that all the time, and the coke-zero-like one. I go for decaf, and the gingerale is good, as is the pink grapefruit (all sf of course). I've not tried the sugared ones.

they came out with some new ones, that taste like alcoholic beverages without the booze :) like a gin and tonic, but no actual gin in it. Those are good too, though they are a mix of sugar and sf ingredients-- so lower-calorie, but not totally sf. Weird, but I don't have them each day.

I'd say you'd have to try it-- they have sampler packs with a bunch of flavors, so that's probably a good way to go :)
s.

LoCarbGal 01-09-2013 12:01 PM

Thanks Soren! I may think about it for a birthday present for my brother. He's a soda fiend!

sorenkkg 01-09-2013 07:02 PM

End of day! I'm on track, at/around 2000... ate some weird stuff, and a LOT of chocolate... and that's why I :heart: JUDDD!

looking forward to DD tomorrow :)
S.

zipp2play 01-10-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16183805)
Monica-- have you seen the sodastream stuff at Target and other places? I got one for DH-- you make your own soda, and they have pre-made syrups that replace all the popular sodas (including coke zero, and diet coke, and caffeine free diet coke). You can also use your davinci or torani syrups for other flavors. You can also fizz other stuff, like juices or even alcoholic beverages (just not milk/creamy stuff).

Even though DH hasn't given up soda, we are saving $, and environment (you use re-useable bottles with the system).

Good to know, thank you girl!!!!!!!!!!

melisa82 01-10-2013 05:50 PM

Today I had a carb overload!!!! Haven't had this many carbs in almost a year...

B: Toasted Cheese Sandwich w/Roast Beef. SFV Americano
L: Nothing
D: Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls w/Cheese Sauce, Cocktail Dogs Wrapped in Crescent Roll Dough and Red Velvet Cake w/Cream Cheese Frosting

DesertGurl 01-10-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16183495)
:) Thanks EI, but I swear, I even took my temperature last night, and I was just below normal (which is normal for me).

I do actually feel a bit (smidge, teeny tiny) bit better today. I'm giving it through this weekend, and if I don't see improvement, I promise to call on Monday.

Coughing is much less, dripping is less (could be the antihistamines I took though), nose blowing is less.

I promise, I will call next week if I have to!

:hugs:
S.

I hope today found you feeling much better! I got "the plague" around the 7th of December and I am STILL coughing and sometimes congested..I feel your pain! :hugs: Was just starting to feel better the last couple days and I started getting the sniffles again today. :faint:

sorenkkg 01-11-2013 07:46 AM

Thanks Danielle! I'd say I'm glad I'm not alone, but I don't wish this on anyone, kwim? ;)