Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Good-bye, JUDDD

I feel weird doing this, when so many of you have such wonderful JUDDD success. For now, it isn't for me. 6 weeks in, and I'm up 1 or 2 lb from when I started. Obviously, I need to count calories on up days, but I find myself rebelling. I'll do low-carb, OR eat every other day OR count calories, but all three - no thanks.

I feel I can't get much done on DD's, because I'm unfocused. and I don't have good workout energy, and I don't sleep well. And up days seem to reinforce my binge habits. My hypoglycemia, which was "cured" with low-carb, is coming back, so I have to eat more often. I have an almost constant low-grade "hunger headache." I didn't have any wonderful benefits that so many of you have seen.

I did learn a lot about myself, and I'm grateful for that. Now I know I don't have to eat. And i like the rotations - I may include a modified version, where I have days where I eat more and less, but every day eat enough.

I'm only posting this in case anyone else finds, like me, that it just isn't right for them. With so many of you loving this, I feel like, "What's wrong with me?" I so wanted it to be the answer, but at this time it isn't.

Much love and gratitude to you all! You're a lovely bunch, inside and out! I'll keep making the cabbage with chicken and remember you fondly!
Yvonne
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
we all have to find the woe that works for each of us. I was a hot mess on low carb, but for some it is the answer. We are all different and that's ok. As long as you know what works for you and makes you feel good, we, I, am happy!

Stop in and say hi!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
If my experience had been the same as your, Yvonne, I'd be going to a different plan, too. You have certainly given it a good chance, with 6 weeks on JUDDD.

All of our bodies are different, and it sounds like this just isn't a good fit for you. I'm sure that nothing is wrong with you--JUDDD just isn't a good fit for you. And it's kind of you to share your experience so that others who have similar outcomes don't feel alone, or like there is something wrong with them.

I hope you find a plan that does work very well for you and makes you feel great. People who stay with JUDDD are those who have a better experience than you did, so there's "selection bias" in terms of who hangs around and posts to this board over the extended periods of time. I know some people in some challenge groups that I participate in have tried JUDDD and found it wasn't a good fit for them, so you are far from alone. I'm just happy that it does fit me, and I wish you a healthy and happy 2013 following a different path.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Yvonne, I understand. I have had a very slow time losing too. I tend to gain and lose the same lbs over and over, but it's true that there is a downward trend. I thought about going back to LC, but I know it was not easy for me and more restrictive than I like. Seems like there is some drawback to nearly every WOE when we're trying to lose. I hope you find what works for you!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Oh, you're not the only one at all.

It's not the ideal plan for everyone, no one plan is. People leave, they need to do something else, it's not uncommon.

Sounds like you gave it a really good try, and if you learned things about yourself and your body and your needs, then it wasn't really a failure.

I know we all wish you the best of luck finding the plan that does work for you, whatever that is. Pop in every now and again, and let us know how you are.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yvonne you know your own body and we are all so different. There is no need for the
Quote:
"What's wrong with me?"
thinking.

There is nothing wrong with you! It simply didn't suit you. Which is fine.

I do love that you have learnt one of most useful JUDDD facts. Hunger is not an emergency. That alone will take you far on any weight loss plan.

Please pop by and tell us how you are getting on. We miss our erstwhile JBs. And happy losing!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Sorry to see you go

I agree, we need to find what works.I could not do low carb, I gained after 4 months of trying and hated life. Also think it would be difficult to rotate on strict low carb too (but some people do it fine)..

Maybe if you enter into carb eating, you can try this again down the track... until the I wish you luck in your travels
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Yvonne- sometimes the time is not right for a certain diet. Don't feel bad, you need to do what your heart tells you.
If it makes you feel any better I left JUDD twice, each time promising to never come back . I started again 5 weeks ago and I am really enjoing it this time. I guess 3rd time the charm
Good luck with whatever you do!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:25 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
The reason we are such a bunch of cheerleaders is we are a bunch of talkative people for whom JUDDD's format works. We know and respect the reality that there is no one-size-fits-all in weight loss land. Quite a few people try JUDDD and recognize it is not for them. So they say good-bye. Sometimes, when they find their WOE, they come back to share. Then we do the Happy Dance for them.

You take care. Your WOE is out there, and you will find it!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #10
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
You have to find the plan that works for you-it took me several tries on other plans before I found JUDDD, and now that I've lost most of my weight I'm feeling pulled to try something different for maintenance. I hope you find what works for you and you have success on your weight loss journey
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Best wishes in your new journey!

I agree that JUDDD budds are the best.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Dear Yvonne
Thank you for sharing this.
Sorry JUDDD didn't suit you but very glad you've learned some useful things about yourself.
There definitely isn't a universally appropriate way of eating for optimal health.
I hope you soon find what works best for you.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sorry to see you go, Yvonne, but you must find that perfect WOE for yourself. You sure did give it a good try. Low carb is a great plan, and if that is more effective and comfortable for your body, you have to recognize and respect that. Exactly like you are doing.

Do pop in and let us know how you're doing. And good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
We all wish you the best! I agree with everyone here.. its NOT for all..But those who it has worked for are thrilled.I pray that you find that one plan that works for YOUR body! and when you do.. Please come share with us.. Many of us here feel and my self included.. ONCE a JUDD BUDDD .. ALWAYS a BUDDD! Much love and support to you on your continued journey ~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #15

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I agree with everyone else. You've given it a fair shake and if it's not for you, there's no need to keep trying. Do stop by and keep us updated with how you're doing. I wish you all the best.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #16
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
I am a BIG JUDDD fan but I too am finding JUDDD not what I can do right now. There is no "right or wrong" way but the way it works for us, as individuals.

Thanks for coming forward and hope to see you on the forum anyway, come say hi once in a while!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote