Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
What to do?

Um of late ive had folks tell me.. "stop the diet.. your looking kind of sick" And well i know that i look rather.. um tired.. But i feel fine.. What are you thoughts on this? I am at Normal weight with a BMI at 24.6 or something stupid i forget..I at the top of "normal" and there 20 pounds below that , which is still"normal" So what would you do?227606_543907782288762_1012105838_n.jpg
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I think you look beautiful, and fit. I'm in the same boat too, and at the upper end of normal as well. Someone at work today tried to get me to promise to stop losing. It's really kind of hard to decide what to do in this situation because we don't (at least I don't) trust my own self-image to be accurate. But then I don't know if others are being truthful either, or just trying to be kind.

I think, ultimately, we need to do what's going to make us happy. I'm toying with doing another month of maintenance and just see what happens, but I'm not losing right now anyway, so that may influence my decision.

Whatever YOU decide is right for you, we will support you and be honest with you. I loved the picture you posted on FB with the dogs. I thought you look absolutely perfect.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Ur gorgeous, but knew that already!!
Wowza!
I'd go with how I felt.
Hubby's opinion important of course.
Stunning u r!
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Ya know.. Dawn thats why i came here to ask my quesiton.. i know that hear.. i WILL hear the truth.. I love your new avitar and your pups as well.. I wanted to finally put a unflattering photo up for once "by choice" on my facebook wall, so heance the waffle photo shoot lol.. You are where i am,, i too dont trust what i see.. so i am afraid almost to stop.. ?? So confussed~
Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacci48
Stats: 242/235/140
WOE: Judd
Start Date: August 23rd 2012
I think you look lovely!!
jacci48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks sweetheart
But for real.. do i have that qwant look? I really need to know from my JUDDD BUDD.. I do appreciate the wonderful feed back i get from here.. I just dont want to be THAT girl who looks like she took it to far..
Old 01-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
As long as you're in the healthy range for your age/height, then I say keep going and ignore what others say! Your picture looks great
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Ok thats 3 votes that i look normal so i think i have my answer..Thanks girls ! love you all~
Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I wonder if sometimes people are so used to seeing you at one weight that they
just think you don't look " right " after you lose weight. If all else fails you could
tell them my Dr. is very happy with my new weight.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Thanks sweetheart
But for real.. do i have that qwant look? I really need to know from my JUDDD BUDD.. I do appreciate the wonderful feed back i get from here.. I just dont want to be THAT girl who looks like she took it to far..
I think you look perfect! And Dawn does too!

You both are beautiful women.
Just my thoughts, I enjoyed December purely for the fact that I didn't worry about losing. So maintaining is a great feeling.
In brief, what is the rush? Unless you really want to go for it.
So many budds, Beeb, Pat, Redhead, Phyllis, & Nancy, have lost weight even after arriving at maintainance. JUDDD's sirt-1 magic continues, even when we aren't trying.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
You both have accomplished amazing transformations through your weight loss over the past year, so I'm sure your friends and family are having a difficult time adjusting to your new body image as much, if not more than you are. I would suggest through this winter to give yourselves a 3-5 lb. weight range that you would be comfortable maintaining, rather than just one number. That will help ease your minds and make peace with your new bodies in the process of transitioning out of WLM. Because as women our weight will continue to fluctuate a few pounds up & down throughout the month due to our TOM, along with UDs & DDs.

Then come spring/summer when you start wearing less layers of clothes, or maybe find you want to lose a few more lbs. or inches to be more comfortable wearing a bathing suit for instance, you can always drop your cals. below maintenance levels on your DDs to go back in WLM for a month. No one ever said you can't have a winter weight range & then a summer one that's a little lower.

Time will tell what each of your personal comfort zone is. Peace be with you both no matter what you decide to do next. Once again Congrats to you both for a job well done!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
You both have accomplished amazing transformations through your weight loss over the past year, so I'm sure your friends and family are having a difficult time adjusting to your new body image as much, if not more than you are. I would suggest through this winter to give yourselves a 3-5 lb. weight range that you would be comfortable maintaining, rather than just one number. That will help ease your minds and make peace with your new bodies in the process of transitioning out of WLM. Because as women our weight will continue to fluctuate a few pounds up & down throughout the month due to our TOM, along with UDs & DDs.

Then come spring/summer when you start wearing less layers of clothes, or maybe find you want to lose a few more lbs. or inches to be more comfortable wearing a bathing suit for instance, you can always drop your cals. below maintenance levels on your DDs to go back in WLM for a month. No one ever said you can't have a winter weight range & then a summer one that's a little lower.

Time will tell what each of your personal comfort zone is. Peace be with you both no matter what you decide to do next. Once again Congrats to you both for a job well done!

One thing that people may be noticing, besides the fact that we look different than how we did before, is that some of us are going to look a little older, in terms of a few little wrinkles (such as laugh lines) after we lose weight. Someone quoted Catherine Deneuve on the main board about having to make a choice between our face and our bum when we get to a certain age, since some extra fat in the face tends to hide wrinkles.

I think you should go by how you feel--what feels comfortable, where do you feel healthiest--and maybe how important looking a bit younger versus looking a bit slimmer is to you. Those around you will get used to whatever weight you settle at, eventually, and will stop worrying if you stay healthy and more or less stable there.

I look more than 4 years younger than my always slender older sister, whose face wrinkles show up more than mine, but I'd much prefer to look older and have the comfort of moving around in a substantially smaller body, myself.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I think you look great Kimberley, and I saw that FB remark, and poo pooed it.

I do know where you and Dawn are coming from however. Last year I dropped to 120/121 for a while and felt that I was not looking as good as I did at 124/126. So I eased back up.

However, I am currently around 125/6 most of the time and am thinking I might push for some lower numbers again. My body has had a year to get accustomed to a lower weight and I feel my 'skin' has adjusted too. Certainly I am happy with my face and feel I can ask a couple more pounds from it.

These are new waters for you both, so ease your way into them gently, which I think is what you will be wise enough to do without me stating the obvious.

But I will state it anyway.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post

Someone quoted Catherine Deneuve on the main board about having to make a choice between our face and our bum when we get to a certain age, since some extra fat in the face tends to hide wrinkles.

I think you should go by how you feel--what feels comfortable, where do you feel healthiest--and maybe how important looking a bit younger versus looking a bit slimmer is to you.
After the age of 50, both sets of cheeks look better with a few extra pounds on them.
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
And remarks like you have heard are also a way for some people to just rain on your parade. I am jealous of her so I will just make her feel bad which will make me feel better type of mindset.
You look great and from your smile it is apparent that you also feel great so there.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Kimberly I think you look beautiful, but I am totally where you and Dawn are, totally- makes me feel

Some people are practically begging me and making me promise not to lose anymore and I'm like- are they serious! I'm at the top limit of "normal". I think some people are mean spirited and jealous perhaps. I put quite a bit of work or should I say commitment into losing 65 pounds! If I think I'll feel better if I lose another 15 pounds and that is still healthy for my size I say butt out- I didn't ask for your opinion anyway foo-y, people make me mad sometimes!

- rant over!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Roxley
Stats: 178HW JUDD-162/152.8/130s! 5'3"
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 7/10/2012
I truly believe that many Americans have forgotten what "normal" weight looks like. With such a high percentage of overweight people, people tend to think that those at the lower end of "normal" look too thin, when they are really normal. The next time you go to the doctor you could ask what your ideal weight would be. They would not be biased and know what a healthy weight is.
Roxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You look beautiful!!!! I am not sure who is giving you a hard time, but it could just be coming out of concern. I dunno, I *try* to give people the benefit of the doubt and hope they're not coming from a mean place. Maybe they truly are just saying they think you look perfect as you are now! (Because you do!) congrats to you, pretty lady!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ok I just retread your post...clearly I missed the "sick" part of the comment. Whatever! You look lovely!!! Ignore them!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
First of all, I think you look beautiful......perfectly fine. But then I did not "see" you at your heavier weight. How long had you been heavier? Several years...all of your adult life? It could be that family/friends feel like the "former" you is the "normal" you. Plus as was mentioned before, extra weight fills out the wrinkles in our face and neck.

To be honest, the only ones you have to please are you and your hubby/significant other. If you are happy and your man is happy, then politely tell everyone you appreciate their interest/concern/mettling but you and your husband are very happy with the "new" you. Sometimes well-intentioned comments are really masking jealousy of your weight loss success.
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: plarsen
Stats: 165/ 135/125
WOE: hcg-now modified hcg
Start Date: April 2012
People at work have told me that too, and come on, I am 5'5" and 133!

My goal is 125 and my waist is still 29 and 32 around my belly button. I know some of it is gravity, but there is fat, there are handle bars a nd I am working my butt off to get where I want to be. I think I have never been anorexic in my life and at 59 aint gonna happen now It is just dedication, and people who think we are just fine, are not the judge of us. If you eat good, take supplements, feel good, then you are fine
Check out my gunsFacebook
plarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I think you look wonderful!! I do believe sometimes there is jealousy at work when people criticize you, masking as "concern". From what you said, you are no where near underweight, so if you want to lose more to get to your goal, go for it. IMO, you look wonderful already, but only you know how you want to look.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I'll briefly "weigh" in here - I saw some pictures of my face last year at 10 pounds lighter than I am now. I definitely have an almost 'haggard' look to my face, but I sure like my @$$ and tummy better at that weight. I will not be sure what to do soon, too - I hope! I wonder if this is the same for every woman of a certain age who has been heavy for a very long time.

Both of you look wonderful, by the way! And this is a very personal decision, one that only you can make. If you think you want to lose more, then do it and see how you feel. Strangely enough, it's easy enough to gain back if you change your mind!

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 01-08-2013 at 06:59 PM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I'm sure I will look older when my face thins too, but it has been so round and bloated for so many years, I think I can handle "haggard" better than swollen, lol. Not that you look haggard, Kimberly. Not at all!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
I'll briefly "weigh" in here - I saw some pictures of my face last year at 10 pounds lighter than I am now. I definitely have an almost 'haggard' look to my face, but I sure like my @$$ and tummy better at that weight. I will not be sure what to do soon, too - I hope! I wonder if this is the same for every woman of a certain age who has been heavy for a very long time.

Both of you look wonderful, by the way! And this is a very personal decision, one that only you can make. If you think you want to lose more, then do it and see how you feel. Strangely enough, it's easy enough to gain back if you change your mind!

Couldn't have said it better myself...I do look haggard...but it takes a while for fat & cells to re-distribute...I have seen it happen to lots of people...there is hope...and for the @$$ tummy...tight jeans work fabulously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm sure I will look older when my face thins too, but it has been so round and bloated for so many years, I think I can handle "haggard" better than swollen, lol. Not that you look haggard, Kimberly. Not at all!
I used to think I could handle the haggard more than the fat round face...but now that I'm here...I really have issues with it. Seems to slowly be looking better since I've slowed the weight loss & maintaining for a while.
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scutters
Stats: 5'10" 252/160/155
WOE: low carb but with steel cut oats , fruit, fage
Start Date: dec 3, 2002
I think the green eyed monster has reared it's ugly head..most people start to panic when someone has weight loss success. It makes them take a hard look at their own weight issues, thus making them very uncomfrotable....if you feel good, ignore them...I think you look great. PS I am really loving this WOE! transitioned from atkins early Dec 2012 after being faithful to it and losing a significant amount of weight since 2002! have lost 6lbs in a month and am enjoying foods I haven't had in a very long time....menopause put the kebash on atkins! So glad I took the plunge!
scutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Kimberly....your story brings back a memory of my mom.

Years ago she lost a lot of weight (from about size 20 to size 8). She was a verrrrry beautiful woman, even overweight. Several "friends" told her she was looking "bad", "sickly", "sunken faced".....all of which I thought were so insulting, and it bothered her greatly. She was only in her 30's! at the time. (Even church friends!!)

People's words can be so damaging. (My family all believed there was a lot of jealousy involved.) Hopefully you will not let those people's words sabotage your success. You look just wonderful!!!

Also...concerning when enough is enough.....A while back, Nancy said in a post that a good time to "call goal" was when one was about 10lbs. below when everyone was saying you don't need to lose any more! It really hit home to me because I struggled over when to "stop" losing, listened to family members that I knew were sincere (DH & DGD), and went into maintenance.

Now, I will say I was quite happy for a good amount of time, because I welcomed the break, BUT, deep in my heart I was still not at my "ultimate" goal. With this in mind, plus staying at the higher end of my maintenance range, I put myself back in WLM!

This is just my own personal feelings I am sharing, not saying you should do this! I just know that in the past, I would self sabotage myself right back where I didn't want to be, and this time, I love this lifestyle sooo much, I want to see my ultimate goal and live there forevermore!!!

I agree with the others that it really is a personal decision, and each of us knows what makes us HAPPY!!!

Love ya sweet JUDDD BUD!!! (Can't believe this is so long! Been sick lately. Haven't posted much.)

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:33 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Kim, I think just about all the Juddbudds are right

I started juddd at your BMI, so I know you are in no way 'sick' or 'gaunt', that is crazy! Have you heard the saying 'fat is the new collagen?' It's true, when you lose weight, you lose fat in the face and if you are 40 up, you have less collagen being produced and thinner skin. So yes, a few wrinkles you kept hidden (under unwanted fat) may become a little more obvious. Who cares! You are beautiful for starters, and much much healthier for losing the weight. I smell jealousy too btw, and people get this fear of you 'going too far'.......

I had this from my mum today. She commented on how good I looked (which was great of course), but then said "you look perfect, don't lose anymore, you'll look too skinny". Now I know it's not jealousy from my mum, but she has a habit of becoming fearful whenever I lose weight, even though I always have managed to stack it back on (not this time though! lol).

It could be just that. Just worry. Don't stress about it. I think you look fantastic and good for you! Your body loves you for it, think of how happy your heart and organs are now. Just smile and eat heaps of food around people. They will soon shut up
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I think you look gorgeous!

however, you need to do what makes you happy! if YOU are happy where you are then call it goal and maintain. if YOU want to lose 5 more then do that!

you have done a great job and I am proud of you no matter what you decide!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
You are beautiful for starters, and much much healthier for losing the weight. I smell jealousy too btw, and people get this fear of you 'going Your body loves you for it, think of how happy your heart and organs are now. Just smile and eat heaps of food around people. They will soon shut up

Beautiful inside and out! I love the new photos of healthy and fit "you".
Much love and happiness to you Kimberly!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote