Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   One Year on JUDDD TODAY (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/793994-one-year-juddd-today.html)

adillenal 01-08-2013 09:19 AM

One Year on JUDDD TODAY

Actually 13 months but I started JUDDD on January 8, 2012 and today is January 8, 2013.

I started at 180 and I weighed 145.8 this morning. Up a tad so back to WLM instead of maintenance. I can't believe I sailed through November and December with such a small gain. It is a miracle. No, it is JUDDD.:love:

I have logged my calories into my online calculator and I have had breakfast and not hungry yet but my lunch is in the office frig. AND here is my biggest hurdle yet. There is a bag of chocolate chip cookies and a bag of candy coated pretzels on the breakroom table. I have not even been tempted this morning. If I can stay out of them I will be home free back into weightloss mode. Cookies are my weakness and can also be my downfall. :dunno: There is no such thing as one cookie to me.:sad:

For all of you that are just starting out, I was a SLOW loser and never ever lost more than a pound a week. Somtimes a pound every other week. But where would I be if I had not started JUDDD on January 8, 2012??? I would still be 40 pounds over weight. This is not a quick weight loss system for many but it is steady and it does work and it is enjoyable since nothing is restricted as long as the calorie count works.

And today I feel like I have conquered the urge to eat everything I missed out on the past 10 years. WHY???Because I have EATEN everything I have been deprived of over the past year.:o FINALLY got that out of my system.:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

So I am celebrating with an in control UD that will not go over my calorie limit of 1600 calories. I can do it.:D

penguinpower 01-08-2013 09:27 AM

Congratulations and happy anniversary, Adi - what an inspirational post!

KeirasMom 01-08-2013 09:32 AM

Happy JUDDDiversary! :jumpjoy:

mom23kids 01-08-2013 09:32 AM

:high5:

DeltaBigBoy 01-08-2013 09:41 AM

Congratulations on your success! :up:

sunday 01-08-2013 10:06 AM

:jumpjoy: :congrats: :sing:

svenskamae 01-08-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16181029)
Actually 13 months but I started JUDDD on January 8, 2012 and today is January 8, 2013.

I started at 180 and I weighed 145.8 this morning. Up a tad so back to WLM instead of maintenance. I can't believe I sailed through November and December with such a small gain. It is a miracle. No, it is JUDDD.:love:

For all of you that are just starting out, I was a SLOW loser and never ever lost more than a pound a week. Somtimes a pound every other week. But where would I be if I had not started JUDDD on January 8, 2012??? I would still be 40 pounds over weight. This is not a quick weight loss system for many but it is steady and it does work and it is enjoyable since nothing is restricted as long as the calorie count works.

Congratulations, Adi.:high5: I love your perspective on how we slow losers can get to where we need to be, eventually, so long as we stick with JUDDD. You are my role model on that, since I'm a slow loser, too. But the JUDDD calm makes it easier to be patient when I hit plateaus, even on JUDDD.

Debrat3 01-08-2013 10:07 AM

congrats! Great story thanks for sharing.:)

Luv2Eat 01-08-2013 10:15 AM

It's an honor to share this path with you, Adi - you're one of my role models on this board :heart: Congratulations on your year milestone :high5: may there be many more ahead for us both :up:

sunday 01-08-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svenskamae (Post 16181168)
Congratulations, Adi.:high5: I love your perspective on how we slow losers can get to where we need to be, eventually, so long as we stick with JUDDD. You are my role model on that, since I'm a slow loser, too. But the JUDDD calm makes it easier to be patient when I hit plateaus, even on JUDDD.

sven, I am another slow loser like Adi. The knowledge of how much healthier I am as well as lighter, has helped ease my mind with the slow losses. Also, it sure helps to know older Budds that succeed. I used to always think maybe my age was hindering me a bit, but not with JUDDD! :D

SlimNana 01-08-2013 10:18 AM

HAPPY 1 YR. JUDDD ANNIVERSARY!!!
:congrats:

halos 01-08-2013 10:20 AM

Congratulations !!!!!!

What you said is exactly what I have been thinking about. Slow steady loss does add up. You have done an amazing job.

It is easy to get discouraged with slow losses, but if we stay with the plan we will make it. If I lose 3-4 pounds a month I will be at goal in 2 years. If I go back to old eating patterns I will be 30-40 pounds heavier than I am now. I choose to lose.

TryingJudd 01-08-2013 10:28 AM

Let's face it - losing slowly sucks because it takes just as much energy as the speedy losers, and sometimes more, without the constant reward BUT it really helps to see the great success stories here. The time will pass anyway and if you lose slowly there is no magic potion to speed it up (maybe potatoes??) so you (and me!) might as well enjoy the JUDDD ride and maybe by spring or next year we will have some more celebrating to do.

Congrats on your wonderful success Adi!

LoCarbGal 01-08-2013 10:46 AM

Happy JUDDDiversary Adi! Thanks for sharing this day and your observations with us. I'll second Luv2Eat's comment - you are one of my JUDDD role models.

Your comment about "where would you be if you hadn't started JUDDDing a year ago really hits home. That is exactly the perspective we all need to hold on to when it seems like nothing good is happening. Something good is happening all the time, it just may not show up on the scale all the time.

Thanks for being a great JB and sharing this journey with us all!

calichris 01-08-2013 10:56 AM

Congratulations! Your posts, steady determination, and longevity with JUDDD, have all been inspirational to me Adi!

tekla 01-08-2013 11:06 AM

Awesome! Congrats

zipp2play 01-08-2013 11:09 AM

Adi - you have done so well. Thank you so much for always sharing! And thanks for all the goodies you sent me too!!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!

Flutter 01-08-2013 11:24 AM

Adi, huge kudos & Congrats to you on 1 year and being right about at goal! I am SO SO tickled for you!!! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, too. I have 40ish more to lose myself and it is so inspirational to hear your perspective on losing being losing however fast it goes. :)

I REALLY love this part, too:

And today I feel like I have conquered the urge to eat everything I missed out on the past 10 years. WHY???Because I have EATEN everything I have been deprived of over the past year. FINALLY got that out of my system.

I am going through phases of this, after starting JUDDD eating all kinds of crap I "never should have". I am just now hinting at seeing that I may be able to push through to healthier UDs and crap will be there later if I really want it. It really does take awhile to change that mindset! Thanks for pointing it out...and again, SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! WTG!!!

sterlinggirl 01-08-2013 11:31 AM

Oh :jumpjoy: :congrats: So thrilled to see you here today with your JUDDaniversary~

Luna Loca 01-08-2013 11:40 AM

Good post, Adi. Happy anniversary! I'm proud of you for losing your weight and keeping it off!

I never realized you were just a few weeks ahead of me, ever since I've started JUDDD you've always seemed like one of the wise ones who were always so calm about JUDDD. I've never seen you freak out about not losing weight fast enough. You're always such a calm and steady presence on this board. Congratulations on your first (of many) year on JUDDD--so successful.

Librarygirl 01-08-2013 11:43 AM

Congratulations on one year, Adi. You have been so helpful to me, and such an inspiration. Have a wonderful UD! :)

Lee55 01-08-2013 12:53 PM

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story, you have done so well.

gotsomeold 01-08-2013 01:17 PM

I started a week before you. Ain't JUDDD life good?

LuckyLou 01-08-2013 01:48 PM

Wonderful achievement Adi; kudos! I love how you always seem so happy and content with this WOE- you're inspiring :high5:

cici52 01-08-2013 01:54 PM

Way to go, Adi. Love the thought, where would I be if I had not stuck to it.

sorenkkg 01-08-2013 02:05 PM

:up: Congratulations Adi! :hugs: well done, and very inspiring!

:D S.

C'Marie 01-08-2013 02:07 PM

Thanks, Adi, for your great example and honesty in everything. It's refreshing to see, like so many of the BUDDDs here, the reality of this WOE played out IRL.

Kissa 01-08-2013 03:15 PM

Happy JUDDDiversary Adi, my dear Juddd Buddd.

You are a true example of the Turtle and the Hare. Well done you.

ouizoid 01-08-2013 03:38 PM

whoo hooo Addi!

Carly 01-08-2013 03:50 PM

Congrats Adi! Happy JUDDDiversary!