Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: j4Christ
Stats: 166/161/110 5'2" w/ shoes
Oh my! You are an awesome bunch!! Such detailed and thoughtful responses! Still so much for me to think about. Let's hope I don't think too long like last year and end up almost at my highest weight again. When I see the results you have had I wonder why I don't just suck it up and get started in the JUDDD lifestyle. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me (and hopefully others that are lurking) you're the best!
j4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I haven't been counting calories on my UD's, but inadvertently ate less on my last UD and lost more. I know if I want to lose faster I should count UD calories too. I might try something where I have one free UD a week and eat anything I want, and count the other 2 or 3 UD's that week.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
A big problem for all of us is getting past our 'bad relationship' with food. If it is binge eating (me), we need to learn when to stop and accept we have had enough. Or deprivation (me again), we need to treat ourselves to those foods on our UD's and move on, try not to let food consume us. And calorie counting (yup, this girl), well, I was drained. After counting calories for what seems a lifetime, I found great comfort in only counting DD's. I found after those initial 3 months, my relationship has improved... BIG TIME!

I don't count DD's, as I know what is in my DD foods, I can add that in my head, I have been eating them every second day for 5 months and I'm not stalling. This takes ALOT of repetition to master and I suggest counting DD's until you know exactly what your DD menu will look like in the long term. I do not count UD's either, I am now in a stage where I can sit back after my dinner and say, 'nah, I'm pretty right" rather than the old "but tomorrows a DD, I have to eat myself stupid so I don't feel like eating!".

This is why I don't count my UD calories - again, for now. I was actually one who was undereating on my UD, thus having to count. But after 30+ years of counting, measuring, etc., it is total freedom to only have to really count every other day and that one MD a week I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4Christ View Post
Oh my! You are an awesome bunch!! Such detailed and thoughtful responses! Still so much for me to think about. Let's hope I don't think too long like last year and end up almost at my highest weight again. When I see the results you have had I wonder why I don't just suck it up and get started in the JUDDD lifestyle. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me (and hopefully others that are lurking) you're the best!
The bolded!!! I think the DD's calories frighten the pants off everyone, but they really do become easy 95% of the time once the SIRT gene kicks in. One thing's for sure - you got nothing to lose - no pun intended - for giving it a go for a few weeks.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #34
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
Ok, I've been JUDDING for nearly 5 months. I found my binge monster erupt (as I had deprived myself of delicious, hearty food for about, well forever!), and lost very, VERY slowly for the first 3 months, but that was ok with me. I did not count most of the time on UD's, but when I did count, it helped (a little).
A big problem for all of us is getting past our 'bad relationship' with food. If it is binge eating (me), we need to learn when to stop and accept we have had enough. Or deprivation (me again), we need to treat ourselves to those foods on our UD's and move on, try not to let food consume us. And calorie counting (yup, this girl), well, I was drained. After counting calories for what seems a lifetime, I found great comfort in only counting DD's. I found after those initial 3 months, my relationship has improved... BIG TIME!

I don't count DD's, as I know what is in my DD foods, I can add that in my head, I have been eating them every second day for 5 months and I'm not stalling. This takes ALOT of repetition to master and I suggest counting DD's until you know exactly what your DD menu will look like in the long term. I do not count UD's either, I am now in a stage where I can sit back after my dinner and say, 'nah, I'm pretty right" rather than the old "but tomorrows a DD, I have to eat myself stupid so I don't feel like eating!".

I never eat breakfast, as it helps me contol my appetite on both days, and I stick to rotations! Throwing in MD's just DID NOT WORK for me. Had a week off at christmas as I could not rotate, and ate to satisfaction - and had my best weight loss to date in December. Yes, during December . I put this down to learning this way of eating, not just doing it. It takes time, patience, and a whole lotta will power! But it works, and I love it. Never in my life (spent dieting pretty much since I was a teen) have I found a way to eat that gives me results and gives me the 'Juddd calm' thats been talked about. And everyone is just so supportive, I love you all!
Wish it was this simple.....
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Wish it was this simple.....
Beeb, this has taken a LONG time for me, many weeks of wondering if I was wasting my time, and complete binge helplessness. I truely believe this works, and like me, it looks like you dont have much to lose (if I read right).. It will be slow. I have only lost 1kg a month. People lose 1-2kg, 5-7pounds a week on here sometimes.... My clothes got looser before the scale moved too. Wishing you luck and we are here to support you
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4Christ View Post
I have asked this question before and got a mixed bag, but I thought since the crowd here is somewhat new (and successful, I will add!!) I thought I would ask again! I would love to get to a point where I just don't need to count cals. assuming I have reasonable UD.

Yes, I am once again thinking of joining this wonderful crowd!
This is my big bugaboo--I just can't count calories. I stick to a plan on my DDs, so they are easy. But the UDs involve too much estimating. I found that if I do not eat grains/sugar, I don't have cravings, and can eat "normally" (meaning I eat until I feel satisfied, carefully tuning in to my stomach); then I allow one day per week on an UD when I can eat whatever I'd like, and only when I'm eating out--bread/pasta, possibly sugar; and I don't binge on them. I carefully choose what I'm going to enjoy that day.

I follow the rotations except on weekends (and I have a rotating day off during the week). Usually it's DD on Mon-Wed-Fri with Tues-Thu-Sat-Sun being regular days. (I stopped calling them Up Days because I was "loading up" on those days when they really should be a normal, maintenance-type eating day for me.

Best of luck to you! I finally got my act together just one week ago and am 1.4 lbs lighter than last week. I only weigh on DDs, so this may not be completely accurate.) Eventually, if I get to a place where I'm not losing anymore, I'll be forced to count on the UDs as well.

Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehede View Post
Sorry - I forgot to add that I keep mainly low carb which may help with not counting cals on UDs

Dee
Absolutely, this has made JUDDD easier for me. I kept faltering when I started to add GF bread back in and pasta on a daily basis. It gave me such cravings to keep eating! I had so many UUADs I thought I couldn't do this program.