Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Two months on JUDDD-What I've learned about myself

Yesterday was my two month JUDDD anniversary and I've spent some time looking over my stats. What I've realized is that I have the attention span of a fruit fly when it comes to sticking to one plan I've done so many hacks in the past two months, including an egg fast that I decided to start today on a whim, that I've actually haven't had a long period of time just doing JUDDD. So this probably means I haven't let the SIRT gene kick in and do its magic But in spite of this I'm down 16lbs since November 7, when I started JUDDD. That's amazing to me, since I went totally off any kind of plan for about a week during Christmas time, plus I've had several (ok numerous ) UUADs. My weird combination of JUDDD/hack fasts seems to be working lol. I do kind of feel like a JUDDD failure, because I do go off plan so much/don't follow it very well, but mixing things up keeps me from getting bored and it's producing steady weight loss so for me it's the best way.

I'm now 12ish pounds away from my goal weight and I'm starting to think ahead to maintenance and what that will look like for me. I've been doing some research on intermittent fasting as a whole and really like all the health benefits associated with it (longevity of life, decreased risk for disease etc). I know my maintenance plan will follow IF in some form, but I don't know if it will be JUDDD or not. I have some time yet though to figure it out

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-08-2013 at 07:57 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I say it is working well for you! Congrats!

I think that IF in any form is great. I am still JUDDDing, but have a plan for maintenance that will be fasting with an eating window, no more cal counting, although eating PHD. I notice that when I eat from the PHD foods, that I naturally do not overeat. So, that tells me to stay at maintenance goal, I will only need to tweak my vices which is a great feeling! In fact, for the first time since I began looking at my health, I really feel good.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I say it is working well for you! Congrats!

I think that IF in any form is great. I am still JUDDDing, but have a plan for maintenance that will be fasting with an eating window, no more cal counting, although eating PHD. I notice that when I eat from the PHD foods, that I naturally do not overeat. So, that tells me to stay at maintenance goal, I will only need to tweak my vices which is a great feeling! In fact, for the first time since I began looking at my health, I really feel good.
That's what I'm leaning towards-a fasting/eating window plan, like Fast 5. I don't know what kinds of food I'll be focusing on yet, but like you I don't want to have to count calories anymore once I hit my goal weight. I've been meaning to read up on the PHD woe-adding it to my to-research list
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Congratulations Sara! You certainly are doing fantastic, and to be so close to goal! Whatever you're doing is working for you.

I'm also constantly thinking about what I could do differently. Up until the end of December I was losing so well, great egg or bacon DDs, sticking with UD calories while still eating sweets. This week I'm still up 2 pounds, and knowing in my head it's TOM, but somehow not believing it in my heart. I've committed to being lowish carb for now, but really really thinking about a potato hack too. At any rate, I do believe changing it up does help the body not get used to any one thing and start strategizing against our losses. It's obviously working well for you!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Well done, Sara and thank you for sharing!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Wow, Sara, I sure wouldn't consider you a JUDDD failure, but rather a great success story. Well done!

I seem to be the opposite of you; I fall right into a rut and do the same thing over and over (eating from the same limited menu every down day). My losses have slowed down, even on JUDDD plus NK, so I think I ought to shake things up more, like you. Maybe I'd better try to some egg days, bacon days, or potato days on some DDs, so my body doesn't get too comfortable and settle in.

Last edited by svenskamae; 01-08-2013 at 11:36 AM..
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Wow, Sara, I sure wouldn't consider you a JUDDD failure, but rather a great success story. Well done!

I seem to be the opposite of you; I fall right into a rut and do the same thing over and over (eating from the same limited menu every down day). My losses have slowed down, even on JUDDD plus NK, so I think I ought to shake things up more, like you. Maybe I'd better try to some egg days, bacon days, or potato days on some DDs, so my body doesn't get too comfortable and settle in.
You could always join me in an egg fast, which I just started today I started a thread in the Challenge section and I'm hoping others will join in-you could do it for just one day or several days-totally up to you

This is my first egg-only fast, but I've also done the potato hack twice and an egg/meat fast and they both were fun and knocked out some weight! I know there's also something called a fat fast, but I haven't looked into that (yet lol).
Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You're rocking right along Miss Sara! Good for you!!! I admire you trying all the different fasts & changing things so often. I am similar to svenskamae in staying the course with a plan once I'm on and often think of trying something different. (but never do!) LOL! I'm afraid I'll drop some weight and it'll go right back up next UD anyways. (just like my flu bug did to me!) At any rate, you have obviously found something that's working great for you, so WOOHOOO!!!! So happy for you!
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
You could always join me in an egg fast, which I just started today I started a thread in the Challenge section and I'm hoping others will join in-you could do it for just one day or several days-totally up to you

This is my first egg-only fast, but I've also done the potato hack twice and an egg/meat fast and they both were fun and knocked out some weight! I know there's also something called a fat fast, but I haven't looked into that (yet lol).
Thanks, Sara! I've joined you over in the challenge thread. I'm going to be doing an egg and fat fast, sticking to my JUDDD rotations and staying on NK. It can definitely be done, according to my tracker, so long as I'm disciplined in staying on plan. It's great to have your support in getting out of my comfortable rut for a change.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
What is NK?
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #11

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Nutritional Ketosis. I don't know much about it, other than it's higher fat percentage.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #12

It's usually a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet. It's supposed to take Atkins to the next level. The thought is that normal low carb dieters wind up eating too much protein, which either stalls their loss or even makes them start gaining after a certain amount of time. The high fat helps the body to release more fat. I love how eating more fat makes you lose fat! Love it! I haven't done NK as a WOE, but I do try and keep most of my down days to that philosophy.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Nutritional Ketosis. I don't know much about it, other than it's higher fat percentage.
LoCarbGal gave a good explanation before me, so I'll just note how I do NK. The basic idea is that I limit both net carbs and protein grams every day. I try to keep my net carbs (subtracting out fiber from veggies) under 30 per day and my grams of protein under 60 per day (based on my size, in terms of estimated ideal lean body mass). Then the rest of my calories come from fat, which is obviously more on my up days. My low calorie down days bring my carbs and protein grams and fat grams down to low levels across the board.

Doing NK, between 70 and 85 percent of my calories come from fat on my up days, but the absolute grams consumed are more important than the ratios. It's more complicated to plan and cook for NK than just lowcarb, but I was losing very, very slowly (1 pound per month) before I started limiting my protein, as well as my carbs. The excess (more than needed to maintain muscle mass) protein seemed to be setting off higher blood glucose and insulin levels than were consistent with losing weight, in my case.

It's mostly people who have stalled out or lost extremely slowly doing lowcarb who add the additional limitation of counting and limiting protein grams (NK); most people don't need to do that.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Thank you all for the good info on NK...I had also been wondering what it was and how it worked...I'm a little dense, so it may take a while to soak in for me..I was also thinking..hey..maybe that's why the potato days work so well for me..I will try to keep a check on the carbs and proteins , maybe that will help me understand better. I have been so amazed at the success of so many people here, and really, I have followed a few things that others are doing, and that has helped me lose..I need to learn . so I keep reading..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #15

Jaymar, reading this board has been a lifesaver for me. I've learned so much and know tricks to use to shake myself out of what feels like a stall when it happens. Glad your on that road too. Somehow knowing more about how our bodies work, and what strategies work, is all part of the package that helps us stay the course. Or for me anyway!