Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Tuesday - what's the plan (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/793969-dd-tuesday-whats-plan.html)

zipp2play 01-08-2013 05:22 AM

DD Tuesday - what's the plan

Cottage cheese
salad with egg
steamed broccoli with some protein

If needed a can of soup.

Goal 600c or less

sorenkkg 01-08-2013 08:22 AM

So, last night, I woke up at 2am, totally couldn't breathe through my nose. I was like, WTH, I thought I got over that part of this stupid cold and was just dealing with coughing.
ARGH!!!!
I don't want to go to the Dr with a cold, ya know? b/c it's silly. There's nothing they can do. So I'm just praying it's not an infection of any kind-- I don't feel feverish, but I am sort of tired and out of it. I'm assuming that's just the meds though.

Ok, I had to get that off my chest.

re: DD.

B: water and tea
vitamins
L: not sure, maybe soup
D: low fat sausage and cabbage stirfry.

:) S.

LoCarbGal 01-08-2013 08:27 AM

Soren, I'm so sorry this thing is hanging on! A friend of mine did go to the Dr and it wound up being a sinus and ear infection, so be careful, and go see them if you feel you need it.

I'm just knocking on wood I don't catch the bug. Between my "real life" contacts and you JBs, I'm surrounded by it!

Feel better Soren, and all you poor JBs fighting this thing!

penguinpower 01-08-2013 09:17 AM

So far, only coffee, but I did make a Ouizoid Super Low-Cal muffin that I'll nibble on throughout the day.

I also made a big pot of WW Favorite Vegetable Soup and will eat several bowls of that throughout the day.

I think I'll make a gluc pudding too.

Depending on how much of the soup I eat, I should be between 400 and 500 for the day.

sorenkkg 01-08-2013 09:46 AM

Penguin :) what's the favorite vegetable soup? do you just put a bunch of stuff together with broth?

my grocery store sells a "kit" which is basically peeled carrots and butternut squash, and chopped leeks-- then you boil that in your own chicken broth, and puree-- almost-instant soup!

:) S.

penguinpower 01-08-2013 10:17 AM

Soren - I'm sure I posted the recipe on my earlier JUDDD adventure in one of our recipe threads but it would probably be hard to find. Let's see if I can copy it here. I usually use more water and spices and make heaping bowls with shiritake noodles or rice (I am a mass quantity eater lol). After it is all cooked I use an immersion blender to kinda puree it - I don't like it all the way smooth but sort of chunky.

WW 0 Point Favorite Vegetable Soup

Ingredients

1 cup diced onion
6 chicken bouillon cubes, seasoning mix or 3-4 teaspoons broth, seasoning mix
6 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups thinly sliced zucchini
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon basil leaves
1 teaspoon italian spices
salt & pepper (to taste)

Saute onions and garlic in a little broth until softened, then dump in everything else and cook until the veggies are soft. You can process a bit at a time until smooth but keep some of the veggies whole for texture.

Prep Time
15 min
Total Time
50 min
Servings

Preparation
Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 520mg 22%
Potassium 580mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 7g
Protein 3g
Vitamin A 100%
Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 6%
Iron 2%

zagnut 01-08-2013 10:29 AM

Coffee and almond milk
Oatmeal with blueberries and almond milk
4oz sirloin tip roast and greenbeans
about 380 cals

zipp2play 01-08-2013 11:11 AM

Soren - when I have a sinus infection and ear infection, I do NOT run a fever. The rule of thumb is, if it lasts more than 7 days, visit the DR !!!! HOPE you feel better soon!

sorenkkg 01-08-2013 11:47 AM

:(
ok, if I'm still sick at the end of this week, I'll call my Dr.

Not to get TMI ;), but when I do blow my nose, it's clear, not green or goopy or whatever. And my ears don't hurt, and they do pop a bit when I blow my nose (as opposed to being totally blocked). I think I'm ok for now...

But I hear you, and I will keep it in mind... my friends are all saying this is taking a good 10 days to clear, and I'm only at a week...
blah.

:hugs: S.