Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Fast fast fast DD recipes

Can we compile a thread with ONLY your favorite, fastest, go-to, DD foods/meals/snacks ideas and recipes?

If you have a quick recipe, please be specific of how you prepare it...ex: roasted veggies > temp and how long? (Yes, I really need those instructions!! ) Bake time not an issue, need fast prep times.

I am starting back to school full time plus still working...I need your very best FAST DD ideas that are portable too.

Thanks all, I know you girls won't let me down!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I don't cook/bake unless I absolutely have to DDs are all about easy convenience over here!

-rice cakes 50-60 calories (I get the fit n light kind at aldi)
-canned soups-Campbells and Progresso both make light soups that range from 60-80 calories. You don't even have to add water to them-just measure out a 1 cup serving and nuke
-Lipton cup o soup mixes-add one packet soup to one cup water and nuke! 45-50 calories
-hard boiled eggs (80 calories for a large) I make up a dozen at the beginning of the week and put them in the fridge-they last for a week as long as you don't take of the shell
-pickles 10ish calories, great snack when you're craving something salty
-chicken broth (10 calories) no water necessary, just measure out 1 cup of it and nuke. Add salt/pepper to add some flavor
-Wendy's small chili 210 calories and sooo good brought home with added hot sauce
-my new favorite thing is egg rolls-I found some on sale in the freezer section at the grocery store for 150 calories which includes a packet of sweet n sour sauce
-Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs. I love these! Each one is 45 calories and I nuke two of them and eat with mustard, when I feel like I need more of a 'meal'.

These things are my DD staples and are all super quick/easy to do
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
I'm all about being easy! I keep my DDs to a pretty standard menu so I don't have to think much about them. My DD go-to's are:

*Coffee w/cream
*Hot tea (when it's cold out)
*Chicken bouillon
*Low carb "blueberry cobbler" I found on this site (cottage cheese, frozen blueberries, little bit of quick oats, sweetener - nuke and eat)
*YoCheese Pudding (strained full fat Dannon plain yogurt, sweetener, Reddi-Whip, dry jello flavor of choice)
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Here are some of my DD staples, most things I eat on DD are pretty quick and easy.
Can of tuna on lettuce with relish and celery and fat free italian dressing or blue cheese dressing if i can spare the calories.
Turkey franks with saurkraut and mustard or relish
1/4 or 1/3 cup oatmeal with almond milk and blueberries or pineapple/banana. I take this to work, just dump everything in a container with the water and nuke it when I want.
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Ham or turkey roll ups are great too. I slice of deli meat (30), 1 Laughing Cow (30), pickle spear...spread LC on meat, put pickle in middle, roll up and eat. I find I don't need nearly all of the LC, so if only 1/2 then 15 cals. About 50 calories if you don't use all the LC.

Celery stick with LC cheese, SF jello cups, fudgesicle if you're at home...
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Ham or turkey roll ups are great too. I slice of deli meat (30), 1 Laughing Cow (30), pickle spear...spread LC on meat, put pickle in middle, roll up and eat. I find I don't need nearly all of the LC, so if only 1/2 then 15 cals. About 50 calories if you don't use all the LC.

Celery stick with LC cheese, SF jello cups, fudgesicle if you're at home...
ooh, I'm going to try this
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the ideas girls!

These sound great, and easy too. Still looking for more ideas so all of them can be in one place as a reference...

By the way, does anyone know of a good low cal Muffin in a Minute recipe? The recipe I have is low carb, and definitely not DD friendly. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Barb-- here's a link to Ouiz's super LC/LC OMM. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...olate-omm.html

as for other suggestions:

1) I'm loving baby carrots-- I weigh them out, and I know 1oz is 10 cal. easy to figure out how many calories I can have = how many carrots I can have.

2) greek yogurt (0%) plain, with some SF jam. I weigh this too, and I find the serving (175g, which is about 2/3c and 100 cal) is HUGELY satisfying. I do about 2T of sf jam (2x 10cal = 20 cal) and maybe some splenda too... so rich and amazing. I'm going through a LOT of yogurt!
measure it out into a covered container and go.

HTH
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)

Last edited by sorenkkg; 01-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: eta: calorie count for yogurt
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Oziod has an OMM recipe on the DD recipe thread that is really good. I think it is fairly close to the beginning, but not sure.

For quick and easy I like celery with walden farms dressing for dip. Celery is 4 calories an ounce so a ziplock baggie full is about 25 calories.

Yoplait has lots of 90 calorie yogurts and Dannon lite and fit are 80 calories.

Plain FF Greek yogurt cups are 80 calories and you can add Mio drops or Davinci SF syrup. You can add volume with walden farms marshmallow dip. A tsp of cocoa powder and ez-sweetz is good too.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, I love the light yogurts but I like the idea of the SF jam with greek yogurt for the protein. I seem to fair better on DD with more protein. Over the winter here I am taking coffee and adding chocolate protein mix and CO. 60 cals and 10 g protein, I don't count the CO. I guess it would still be just 100 total if I did count the CO, and so satisfying.

Thanks for the OMM recipe, I will def check it out!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Textemale
Stats: 183.4/168/160
WOE: JUDDD & Fast 5, previously LC
Start Date: LC 10/20/12 JUDDD 12/26/12 Restarted Juddd 1/29/14
As has been mentioned above, I love the Progresso Light soups. What I do to give these soups some bulk is add steamed broccoli or cauliflower to them. I steam the veggies ahead and can use the veggies on UDs or DDs. The other day I used 1/2 can of the Progresso Light Southwestern style soup, added some steamed broccoli, an ounce or two of roasted chicken breast, a couple of teaspoons of FF Half & Half for creaminess, and my tummy was more than satisfied at suppertime.

Also, let's not forget the Light variety of mozzarella cheese sticks (50 calories) either. These little puppies have saved me many times while grocery shopping. When leaving my house during a DD, I grab one of these cheese sticks and slip it into my purse. If the hunger monster surfaces while shopping, I just reach into my purse and munch away on the cheese. It more than tides me over until my next meal.
Textemale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
You can also add a package of miracle rice or noodles to the progresso light soups- that bulks them up for 0 calories.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
By the way, does anyone know of a good low cal Muffin in a Minute recipe? The recipe I have is low carb, and definitely not DD friendly. Thanks!
I found one (think it was on this site) that calls for 1/3 c. Carbquick, 1/3 c. SF DaVinci (or Torani) syrup, mix it up, nuke it (time varies) and that's it! I usually make mine with blueberry syrup and throw in a couple of frozen blueberries. This is one you could make however depending on which flavored syrup you use. Love Ouiz's muffin, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Barb-- here's a link to Ouiz's super LC/LC OMM. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...olate-omm.html

2) greek yogurt (0%) plain, with some SF jam. I weigh this too, and I find the serving (175g, which is about 2/3c and 100 cal) is HUGELY satisfying. I do about 2T of sf jam (2x 10cal = 20 cal) and maybe some splenda too... so rich and amazing. I'm going through a LOT of yogurt!
measure it out into a covered container and go.
This is how I do mine, too, except as I mentioned, I strain full fat Dannon yogurt first. I stick mine in the freezer for a bit to firm it up and it tastes like thick pudding or ice cream.

I know there's been debates on the calories/carbs being half if it's strained. So on a DD, I use a cup and count half the calories. On an UD I load that container up!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
How do you do that nilla? Strain full fat yogurt, that is? Cheesecloth?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
You can get little packets of Oscar Mayer sliced deli meat in the grocery store near the hot dogs - each packet has six slices of meat for 60 calories. I like the rotisserie chicken, and also the turkey. They have ham too. I split two slices of 35-cal bread and make two sandwiches for 130 calories - use a little mustard or super-thin slices of dill pickle - very filling and quick!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

So many yummy ideas! I knew you all would not disappoint!! Thanks so much.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I eat the same thing over and over on DDs, but it's sure quick to put my day's food together and it travels well (since I bring lunch to work and often stay late and eat dinner at my desk, too):

Bunch of fresh radishes, trimmed of greens and tails and stored in plastic bag
Handful of sugar snap peas, trimmed of strings and stored in plastic bag
4 oz servings of chicken, picked off a roasted rotisserie chicken and store in plastic baggies (and frozen if I have a big supply)
Light mini-babybel cheeses, each 50 calories
Hard-boiled eggs (I use free-range duck eggs and dip them in Gomesio, a mix of salt, garlic and sesame seeds sold in the Asian food section, for seasoning)
4 oz cooked, deveined, and peeled shrimp
Half and half in coffee or black tea
Homemade chicken broth

I just pick some items from the above list and eat as needed. It doesn't really feel like I eat "meals" on DDs; it's more like I "manage" hunger by eating something from the list and then get back to concentrating on other things. That works for me; hope you find things that work for you.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
How do you do that nilla? Strain full fat yogurt, that is? Cheesecloth?
Just plain paper towels. I take a regular strainer (8" or 9" inch at Walmart), layer a few paper towels inside it (might could use coffee filters instead), set it inside a bowl and pour the yogurt in the strainer. Make sure the bowl is deep enough so that the whey will have room to strain.

I always have one straining in the fridge so I never run out. Comes out nice and thick like Greek yogurt but at about half the price.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I love shrimp, and after thawed it takes 5 min to sauté in a pan. My fav meal with just a little salt, and garlic.
Smoked fish
Canned soup, 50-80 cal per serving
Home made veg soup
Cheese sticks
Pretzels
Steamed broccoli with liquid aminos
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote