Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Textemale
Stats: 183.4/168/160
WOE: JUDDD & Fast 5, previously LC
Start Date: LC 10/20/12 JUDDD 12/26/12 Restarted Juddd 1/29/14
Former low carber, now JUDDDing...

I just had an epiphany! My go-to "diet" has always been LC. I always stuck with LC because my body always felt so much better eating that way. I would initially lose the water weight but then the scales refused to move. Since I was feeling good, I just kept going doing what I was doing without losing any additional weight.

In December, I started reading about JUDDD. I jumped on the JUDDD train the day after Christmas and have been very pleased to notice that not only is the scale beginning to move again, but that I continue to feel just as good as I did while eating LC, maybe even better!

At 64 years old, my joints are stiffer than they were in my younger years, and I have to say, that I'm moving about just as easy while eating on the JUDDD plan as I was while eating LC, plus the scales are moving!!

Has anyone else noticed this??
Textemale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I began eating LC September 15, 2011. Lost five pounds. I stalled October 1, 2011. I tried changing LC (<100 carbs/day, <20, zero...), I changed calories. I felt really good, loved the food, but 10/1 - 12/31/2011 I lost another two pounds.

Flipped over to JUDDD January 1, 2012 and have not looked back. I eat LC some of the time, eat sweets sometimes, cook a lot because I like to cook, and now I am eating potatoes a lot.

Total lost 7 on LC, 41 on JUDDD. Arthritis gone (both LC and/or JUDDD can help this for some people). Inflammation signs like Santa-red nose and cheeks gone. I would not stop living & loving JUDDD if you offered me money to do so.

to a wonderful new WOE!!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-07-2013 at 06:18 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I began eating LC September 15, 2011. Lost five pounds. I stalled October 1, 2011. I tried changing LC (<100 carbs/day, <20, zero...), I changed calories. I felt really good, loved the food, but 10/1 - 12/31/2011 I lost another two pounds.

Flipped over to JUDDD January 1, 2012 and have not looked back. I eat LC some of the time, eat sweets sometimes, cook a lot because I like to cook, and now I am eating potatoes a lot.

Total lost 7 on LC, 41 on JUDDD. Arthritis gone (both LC and/or JUDDD can help this for some people). Inflammation signs like Santa-red nose and cheeks gone. I would not stop living & loving JUDDD if you offered me money to do so.

to a wonderful new WOE!!!
Thanks for your feedback Nancy! So it's not just me then! How exciting is it to be able to eat almost anything we want every other day and to feel so good! Truly amazing!! You're so right, this IS a wonderful, wonderful WOE!!

Just for grins, I'm doing a potato DD today. It will be my first venture into taterland. My daughter is joining me too so that makes it fun! I've got all my taters boiled and ready whenever the hunger monster pays me a visit, but so far, I'm not the least bit hungry.

JUDDD =

~Pat
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Hi, Nancy, I started doing lowcarb in January 2012, but eventually my weight loss got glacially slow (like 1 pound per month). I added nutritional ketosis (moderate rather than high protein, as well as low carbs) and JUDDD, and my weight loss picked up again. Plus I feel really great--energetic, clear-headed, and in a good mood. Some of that was true for me, just eating low carb, but it's much more true with JUDDD added in.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I have had almost the same results since starting Juddd....I did LC to lose weight, but..the last several times I tried it, I could not get thru induction..so I had all but given up on losing weight or feeling better...thank God I came to the LC forum...I saw the threads on Juddd and wondered...what is this?...I could not ask for a better way to eat, and the scale is finally going the right way for me...some people do different variations, and they all seem to be working..I say..do what works for you, the plan is so flexible and forgiving is why so many are having success, I believe...good luck to you.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I experienced the same exact results. Altho, the first 2x I did Atkins I lost weight easily and quickly...and yep, the 3rd go-round I was not so fortunate. It took me about 5 months to lose about 12pounds.. I continued to eat that way, cause like you, I *did* feel good.. but wow, I was so incredibly disappointed that the weight wasn't coming off. I really did contemplate just staying heavy and tried to rationalize if I could be happy that way. Nope! I found JUDDD and could not be happier. I do tend to gravitate to lower carb foods some times but for the most part, I eat whatever I want and I feel just as good as I did when I was strict with lc eating. Total win!

I am so thrilled that you are finding this plan to work well for you and that it is making you feel good. That is the most important part isn't it, especially when there is joint pain and other issues that plague us daily. So excited to see how you do!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
JUDDD is amazing and like Nancy said- you couldn't pay me to stop living and loving JUDDD. It has really changed my life. I see it more every day. I am more outgoing, more confident, more energetic- more everything I had lost when I got heavy! The freedom JUDDD has given me to lose weight and enjoy food while living the best life possible is worth it's weight in gold!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for your replies and feedback. I guess what we all are experiencing is the magic of JUDDD! Scales that start to move after being stalled on LC or other weight loss plans, fewer body aches and pains, better mood, etc. etc.! I've never believed in magic per se, but I have to admit that JUDDD is as close to REAL MAGIC that I've ever experienced!

I finished my first PDD yesterday. I easily stayed below my DD calorie allotment (I never would have thought pre JUDDD, that I could go a full day on 350 calories!!) and I'm down 1.2 lbs from the day before. Just some more evidence of the magic in JUDDD land! All this makes me just want to...

~Pat
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Pat, So thrilled for your JUDDD success!

I am still amazed about the potato day and really think it could be used well for beginner JUDDD budds to learn the DD rhythm without hunger. It brings the body back to a balance from eating all day that comes when eating UD calories. I am having a bowl of Potato Soup for DD lunch & one baked tater for dinner. 300 cals and no hunger.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Pat, So thrilled for your JUDDD success!

I am still amazed about the potato day and really think it could be used well for beginner JUDDD budds to learn the DD rhythm without hunger. It brings the body back to a balance from eating all day that comes when eating UD calories. I am having a bowl of Potato Soup for DD lunch & one baked tater for dinner. 300 cals and no hunger.
Thanks Sunday, I'm thrilled too! I can't tell you WHEN I've been able to lose 5 pounds in 8 days prior to JUDDD! Not even on Atkins induction my first time many years ago!!

I'm going to keep the potato hack for the occasional DDs only for now. That's my current plan, but for some reason my mind seems to change with the weather! LOL Why fuss with something that is working so well plus gives us the benefit of eating whatever the heck we want every other day!