Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Befuddled

I'm so confused about what to do. JUDDD seems like a great idea, since I only have to restrict myself 1 day every other day. I liked the idea of being able to eat carbs again..but it seems my body doesn't like that idea. I eat some carbs then pow whammo I want more of them! I've fallen off the wagon, gotten back on it a few more times with JUDDD than I have with LC and VLC.

I am going to do ONE last attempt, but this time try LC WITH JUDDD. I think this might help...

Yeah there's no real point to this topic, just be whining my booty off.

~Melissa
"A House Without Books is Like a Room Without Windows." Thomas Mann
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
A lot of people find that keeping carbs low is important for them. Some people limit wheat or sugar, dairy or grains. We are all different and different things work for 1 person and something else for others. I know if I ate breakfast on a DD I'd be doomed- others must eat or they would be doomed.

Sometimes you have to experiment with different things till you find what fits you best!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeltaBigBoy
Stats: 342/263.4/?160?
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Yeah, what Carly said! Everyone is different.

I tried LC for a couple weeks. It made me crazy for carbs! After the 2 weeks I went completely mad and food crazed. I was scarfing down anything I could find. Went grocey shopping for candy stopped at McDonalds on the way home and everything. I'll bet I consumed over 10k calories in 2 day! I must have carbs, I can't deprive myself of them or I've lost the battle. I did feel great on LC though.

Keeping the mind occupied is the most important. Occupied on something other than tasty food that is!
DeltaBigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Just a suggestion that is working for me. I have switched up with more carbs from being VLC but allow no wheat, grains, or sugar. It is working wonderfully.

I couldn't believe that this would work so well, but it does. I have sweet taters and yukon golds, avocado, artichoke, snap peas, brussel sprouts & all berries & citrus fruit. Greek yogurt & kefir. All carbs are in the form of nutritional carbs loaded with fiber and without any issues.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I also have to keep an eye on carbs. Since I've bee LCing for a very long time, on and off, I just don't feel good if I eat empty carb calories. Since JUDDDing I do have carbs on UP days, but only ones with some nutritional value...at least mostly. I don't ban anything from my diet. If I do I will binge on it later. Its a deprivation/emotional thing with me I think.

I had oatmeal with coconut milk yesterday for breakfast for the first time in months and it was so good! I also have some fruit maybe every other day. When I want something "bready" I make flax muffins. Mine are like english muffins, I toast them and add butter and jam. Yum.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I too did low carb for a long time. Got to my goal weight the first time and maintained for 3 years!! When I first started JUDDD I stayed LC as well. Worked very well for me and the weight came off easily. I added a carb item in every once in a while (on an UD) and it worked for me, then something happened...

I decided I could eat ALL the carbs ALL the time. Weight went up! My body can handle the carbs, but I'm not sure if I can mentally. I do get carbs through vegetables and fruit, but still limit bread to LC or special occasions. I try to stick to sugar free desserts, if I have them at all, and once again, only special occasions.

You have to do what is right for you! Good Luck on the journey!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
I have done them all! I love how you don't have to count calories when doing LC and you feel great ..but I really don't like how so many foods are off limits and as soon as I go off ..I end up going crazy on carbs and gaining all or most of the weight back.

I find that I am okay with carbs all month expect for the week of TOM (hormones create uncontrollable cravings) .. so i just stick to low carb one week each month and its been working so far

Last edited by angie1; 01-06-2013 at 01:42 PM..
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm trying to get myself back to lower-ish carbs on UDs again too. DDs I have no problem keeping low carb, mod protein, high fat. UDs lately have been tougher, especially in the evenings when I've allowed myself some sweets. I did fine when my carbs came from veggies, even some starchy veggies like squash, peas, beans. Sugar and wheat seem to be my problem.

We can do this together!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
As much as I WANT to be totally low carb because I truly think it's better, I'm just never going to be 100% with that. You didn't mention which day in particular (if either) is harder, but I find that keeping my DDs low carb/high fat helps me. My UDs have more carbs but those DDs have to kept to a minium on carbs or I'm a goner.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Mostly it the DD, but that is because my UD have become a bit of a all out gorge fest. So I'm attempting this week on LC and JUDDD to see if keeping it LC all the time helps.
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Why not post your daily menus on the daily DD and UD threads that pop up? I like to be accountable when I change things a bit. Just a thought.

Hope LC helps, it does for lots of people.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Melissa- this is my third attempt with JUDD and I am doing it low carb this time. I have been following it for a month and eating carbs only from veggies (anywhere from 10-50 gr gross carbs a day). This seems to be working so far.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote