Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Befuddled (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/793699-befuddled.html)

HellInYourEyes 01-06-2013 07:07 AM

Befuddled

:dunno: I'm so confused about what to do. JUDDD seems like a great idea, since I only have to restrict myself 1 day every other day. I liked the idea of being able to eat carbs again..but it seems my body doesn't like that idea. I eat some carbs then pow whammo I want more of them! I've fallen off the wagon, gotten back on it a few more times with JUDDD than I have with LC and VLC.

I am going to do ONE last attempt, but this time try LC WITH JUDDD. I think this might help...

Yeah there's no real point to this topic, just be whining my booty off.

Carly 01-06-2013 07:18 AM

A lot of people find that keeping carbs low is important for them. Some people limit wheat or sugar, dairy or grains. We are all different and different things work for 1 person and something else for others. I know if I ate breakfast on a DD I'd be doomed- others must eat or they would be doomed.

Sometimes you have to experiment with different things till you find what fits you best!

DeltaBigBoy 01-06-2013 07:30 AM

Yeah, what Carly said! Everyone is different.

I tried LC for a couple weeks. It made me crazy for carbs! After the 2 weeks I went completely mad and food crazed. I was scarfing down anything I could find. Went grocey shopping for candy stopped at McDonalds on the way home and everything. I'll bet I consumed over 10k calories in 2 day! I must have carbs, I can't deprive myself of them or I've lost the battle. I did feel great on LC though. :cool:

Keeping the mind occupied is the most important. Occupied on something other than tasty food that is!

sunday 01-06-2013 08:01 AM

Just a suggestion that is working for me. I have switched up with more carbs from being VLC but allow no wheat, grains, or sugar. It is working wonderfully. :)

I couldn't believe that this would work so well, but it does. I have sweet taters and yukon golds, avocado, artichoke, snap peas, brussel sprouts & all berries & citrus fruit. Greek yogurt & kefir. All carbs are in the form of nutritional carbs loaded with fiber and without any issues. :love:

JayLynn 01-06-2013 12:41 PM

I also have to keep an eye on carbs. Since I've bee LCing for a very long time, on and off, I just don't feel good if I eat empty carb calories. Since JUDDDing I do have carbs on UP days, but only ones with some nutritional value...at least mostly. I don't ban anything from my diet. If I do I will binge on it later. Its a deprivation/emotional thing with me I think.

I had oatmeal with coconut milk yesterday for breakfast for the first time in months and it was so good! I also have some fruit maybe every other day. When I want something "bready" I make flax muffins. Mine are like english muffins, I toast them and add butter and jam. Yum.

Truffles 01-06-2013 12:59 PM

I too did low carb for a long time. Got to my goal weight the first time and maintained for 3 years!! When I first started JUDDD I stayed LC as well. Worked very well for me and the weight came off easily. I added a carb item in every once in a while (on an UD) and it worked for me, then something happened...

I decided I could eat ALL the carbs ALL the time. Weight went up! My body can handle the carbs, but I'm not sure if I can mentally. I do get carbs through vegetables and fruit, but still limit bread to LC or special occasions. I try to stick to sugar free desserts, if I have them at all, and once again, only special occasions.

You have to do what is right for you! Good Luck on the journey!

angie1 01-06-2013 01:41 PM

I have done them all! I love how you don't have to count calories when doing LC and you feel great ..but I really don't like how so many foods are off limits and as soon as I go off ..I end up going crazy on carbs and gaining all or most of the weight back.

I find that I am okay with carbs all month expect for the week of TOM (hormones create uncontrollable cravings) .. so i just stick to low carb one week each month and its been working so far :)

LoCarbGal 01-07-2013 07:12 AM

I'm trying to get myself back to lower-ish carbs on UDs again too. DDs I have no problem keeping low carb, mod protein, high fat. UDs lately have been tougher, especially in the evenings when I've allowed myself some sweets. I did fine when my carbs came from veggies, even some starchy veggies like squash, peas, beans. Sugar and wheat seem to be my problem.

We can do this together!

vanilla_latte 01-07-2013 09:00 AM

As much as I WANT to be totally low carb because I truly think it's better, I'm just never going to be 100% with that. You didn't mention which day in particular (if either) is harder, but I find that keeping my DDs low carb/high fat helps me. My UDs have more carbs but those DDs have to kept to a minium on carbs or I'm a goner.

HellInYourEyes 01-07-2013 09:09 AM

Mostly it the DD, but that is because my UD have become a bit of a all out gorge fest. So I'm attempting this week on LC and JUDDD to see if keeping it LC all the time helps.

Kissa 01-07-2013 02:59 PM

Why not post your daily menus on the daily DD and UD threads that pop up? I like to be accountable when I change things a bit. Just a thought.

Hope LC helps, it does for lots of people.

tobelowcarber 01-07-2013 03:18 PM

Melissa- this is my third attempt with JUDD and I am doing it low carb this time. I have been following it for a month and eating carbs only from veggies (anywhere from 10-50 gr gross carbs a day). This seems to be working so far.