Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VioletsGrandMom
Stats: 253/232/180
WOE: Atkins Jan2012/JUDDD since October 2012
Start Date: January12Restart5/14
When will SIRTIs kick in again after falling off the wagon?

Hello everyone - thank you for all your encouragement and information. I just restarted JUDDD after falling off the wagon for about 15 days. I was successful since October 25 - both diet wise, but more importantly, joint wise. I have RA and have felt great for a long time. Last week, my joints started to hurt again - they are not really bad but I can feel the difference. I have had two successful DDs now and they feel a little better. Do you think it won't take as long for the good effects to kick in again since I really didnt stay off for too long? I told my husband today that this is the first time I restarted a diet because I feel better on it!
Thanks again for all your help!
VioletsGrandMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I would guess with in 2 weeks- especially if you can keep DDs below 500

I'm sure other will chime in.

Just jumping back in is the most important step!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It may be a little quicker if you are lucky....
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
It depends on how many SIRTs you had floating around in your system before the fall. On average, it takes about two weeks to burn them away. So you are right on the cusp.

How long did it take you to feel the effects when you first started JUDDDing? My guess is it will take a little less time now. But, as they build up again, one of the first things they will do is begin cleaning up internally - this will address the RA. So you should see pain reduction before you see weight loss stabilize.

I use the OA in my right hand to judge how well I am maintaining my SIRTs. 2012 was the first time in almost 30 years I was almost pain free.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

I will hope for two weeks then! It's hard to tell when they first did kick in because I started JUDDD the day after I had a huge shot of Medrol (a type of cortisone) into the muscle of my arm - it was the type of shot that helps my whole body, not just a joint. When it didn't wear off after four weeks, I knew it was the diet. I was supposed to have an infusion of Actemra in December but I canceled my appointment because I felt so good. I still feel better than what I did before starting the diet and having the shot but not as good as before. I made an appointment with my rhuematologist for this week. He will probably look at me like I have two heads when I tell him.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OOOOH! Let us know what he says.

If you continued to feel good after the point you know the shot had worn off, hoping for two weeks seems reasonable.

PS Over the months, I kept seeing improvements...am still seeing them. I hope you see the same results.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
VGM thank you for asking this question!! I did the same thing (fell off the wagon around December 20th)! I wanted to share my experience--I'm still floored by just how forgiving JUDDD is, and I sure hope you find the same!

I had some incontinence (maybe pre-meno, I don't know for sure) and it disappeared with JUDDD, then came back a few days after I went "sugar-cookie and all Christmas food" crazy, and I also had been experiencing some arthritis in both knees that had gone while doing JUDDD and re-appeared with my food-fest.

After 3 DDs (a week's worth for me, because I add a MD in my weekly rotation to allow for lunch with the kids on Saturday), I was experiencing NO incontinence and NO hurting knees So the SIRTs started doing their thing rather quickly for me (much quicker than when I first began JUDDD) and I hope you find the same! I had also gained during the holidays but lost it, plus one additional pound that first week! Good luck!

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] the good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.~Rom 12:2
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW Deb!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawn007
Stats: 163/164/148
WOE: Low Carb/ JUDDD
Start Date: January 2007
Awesome question! I forgot they needed to restart darn it! I am doing the potato hack to get some weight off, and I thought I could just start the Juddd rotation. Now I am rethinking my plan. Less of the hack, and get back on Juddd sooner I think. I could end up way below my goal.

Now staying in Maintenance for about 9 months, and away from here made me forget all about the health benefits. So falling off the wagon and the knees hurting again, definitely is the arthritis that JUDDD fixed. I also thought it was the 10 pounds I put back on. I bet it wasn't the weight gain after all.

Dawn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

I am glad to see that it was not just my imagination about me not feeling as good as before. I went to see my internist in November and he looked at me like I had two heads but was impressed that I had lost 14 pounds since the last time I was there - even with the huge Medrol shot. He was concerned about electrolytes when I explained the diet to him but I told him I feel fine. I have been seeing my rheumy for a very long time - he usually believes me and has treated my RA very good over the years. I still do not want to get an infusion until I need it. I already take injections of another medicine weekly (Methotrexate). I would not stop that however.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

TVioletsGrandMom
That's why I said this is a good post. We are learning, and I am learning what I forgot. It goes to show us that it is not our imaginations!

A little funny story on Christmas day I had to carry my 15 pound dog up some steep steps. It killed my knees and all I could think about was "Is this how much 15 pounds of fat feels?" I only gained 10 pounds of fat and I thought it was the weight. I did not realize until your post today, that it was because I was on a break from JUDDD. Now I know it is important not to let the break go like that again, because the health benefits are just too good.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

I keep looking on the net to see research about RA and SIRT1s. I did find some but I wasn't able to really understand it. Maybe in the future, there will be more research about arthritis and JUDDD. I have the book but I wish he would update it.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Violets,
Take a look in the book at page 65, and page 67 for now. That is as far as I have gotten in it. I think you will find it interesting.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think there many interesting discussions and lots of good links buried in this sticky (Thank you, Sunday!)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much Dawn and Nancy! I printed out one of the articles to take to my doctor on Thursday. I am very happy to report that after my 3rd DD, I feel pretty good again! I noticed that my hot flashes and night sweats have been lessened this week too - god I hope I can keep doing this!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Violets, you did Juddd since October. You can do this, especially if you got into maintenance. I did and I am going off the Potato Hack after tonight. I am going back into UD, DD tomorrow. I want the SIRT1 back worse than I need to lose 5 pounds or less. It will come off. You already know how great it feels, and I know I forget, but the way my knees hurt this week, I doubt I'll forget again. JUDDD all the way! Good luck with your doctor!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
VGM, I'm thinking it won't take 2 weeks even for your Sirt1 to kick in! I'm no expert; but, I've had a few breaks in my rotations since the holidays started. I never felt the calm leave me. Plus, I take diclofenac for arthritis in one of my feet. I hadn't even thought about stopping it! I want to get my rotations going regular again, then, I may stop it to see how I feel. I take so many darned meds, it would be a joy to lose a few. A while back I had issues with my blood pressure going too low. My doctor reduced my BP medication dramatically; but, it's had to be increased back to what it was originally. I guess it wasn't the weight loss that caused my pressure to drop; but, the virus I'd had for 3 days! My doc says my high blood pressure is in my genes. Both my parents & both of my sisters have it.

I'm curious to see what your doc says! Keep us posted?

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:55 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Violet, I am really glad you are getting SIRTed up, and experiencing health improvements, again!

The internal clean up JUDDD does keeps happening, I think. At a much slower pace than when it first begins, yes. But disposing of dead cells and cleaning out defunct cellular material is one of the things SIRTs are designed to do.

After JUDDDing for a year, I am a much healthier person. I am so looking forward to seeing what else improves in - say - three years, or five. I am 60, so I will celebrate if I just break even. All of you youngsters may stay young (and, ultimately, slender) a long, long time!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I just want to offer my support and from what I am reading in the Perfect Health Diet book by Dr. Jaminet is that limiting protein during the fast is also quite beneficial w/ an 8 hour eating window. In other words 16 hours daily of fasting. So last meal at 6 pm, then next day 1st meal at 10.

E.W. posted this link in the Benefits thread that explains more on limiting protein during DD and how it works well.

Benefits of Alternate Day Fasting/CRON
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

I started back on JUDDD rotation yesterday. I need to get the sirt1 working again. Today I feel better and I know it can't be working yet. I was totally eating freely for almost 4 weeks. It must be the warm weather we are having right now.
I am expecting it to take two weeks, and will be surprised if it takes less. But I will report in when I really think it is working.

Dawn
Old 01-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for all your replies - this is a great forum. I went to my rheumatologist (I have been seeing one for 24 years - you would think I would know how to spell it). I told him how good I felt and that I did not want to schedule an infusion at this time - he said we could talk about it again in two months. Gave him a copy of the abstract from a study from Dr. Johnson. He said he had heard of very low calorie restriction and longevity but there were not many good controlled studies about this. He took the abstract and said he would look at it more closely.
I can't believe how good my arthritis feels after 6 DDs now. Even my shoulder is better and that had been still very sore in the morning when I got up.
Sunday - I will look at that link that you posted. Even though I need to lose weight, I have stuck to my down days now solely for my joints. I have actually been able to clean my tub without using a garden kneeler that I bought myself and I haven't had to come down the stairs sideways since the beginning of November.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't believe you have a doctor who is that aware and is willing to look into current research!

Do you know how fortunate you are?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

I really like this rheumy because he is very research intuned. He never suggests any new medicines unless he has looked into the research about them first. I think if I go back in two months with the same outcome, I will give him the book to look at. I am not sure if he will look into this diet unless I am the same for a longer amount of time. I am fortunate to live near some great teaching hospitals. All of the doctors that I see now are affiliated with these hospitals.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

VGM! I am so happy to hear about you feeling better after 6 down days! This is just awesome. I have only had 2 DD so far, and I thought I was feeling better, but kept telling myself "It is your imagination". I don't know. Today is my third UP and I feel great.

It can't be working that fast, I just can't wrap my brain around it. I believe I was off and freely eating for 3-4 weeks. I do know the health benefits quit.

Dawn
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletsGrandMom View Post
Thank you for all your replies - this is a great forum. I went to my rheumatologist (I have been seeing one for 24 years - you would think I would know how to spell it). I told him how good I felt and that I did not want to schedule an infusion at this time - he said we could talk about it again in two months. Gave him a copy of the abstract from a study from Dr. Johnson. He said he had heard of very low calorie restriction and longevity but there were not many good controlled studies about this. He took the abstract and said he would look at it more closely.
I can't believe how good my arthritis feels after 6 DDs now. Even my shoulder is better and that had been still very sore in the morning when I got up.
Sunday - I will look at that link that you posted. Even though I need to lose weight, I have stuck to my down days now solely for my joints. I have actually been able to clean my tub without using a garden kneeler that I bought myself and I haven't had to come down the stairs sideways since the beginning of November.
I love that this is so effective for you.

This really rings a bell with me. A year ago this was me too. Now I don't even think twice about running downstairs unless vanity has me in heels, (which is quite often, lol).

I have put it down to introducing megadoses of Glucosamine, but I am sure that the anti inflammatory effects of JUDDD are working for me too. I no longer move like an old woman.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I love that this is so effective for you.

This really rings a bell with me. A year ago this was me too. Now I don't even think twice about running downstairs unless vanity has me in heels, (which is quite often, lol).

I have put it down to introducing megadoses of Glucosamine, but I am sure that the anti inflammatory effects of JUDDD are working for me too. I no longer move like an old woman.
It is amazing since I know you Zumba and do other workouts! I should really try Glucosamine since juddd hasn't helped my arthritis too much.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I just love hearing these things, ladies! I'm so glad you're feeling the good effects and have regained youth and vitality. I'm also interested because my Mom is reading Dr J's book right now and is seriously considering giving it a go. She's 79, and a quite vital 79 too, but she does have her aches and pains and gets tired. I am not putting on any pressure, but I secretly hope she tries it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletsGrandMom View Post
What a great report!! Here's to your continued success!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote