Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
Well I finally tried a PDD.

I used sweet potatoes. I ate 300 grams at 3 different sittings. Seasoned with Himalayan salt and pepper and one serving I added powdered ginger. I had another 100 grams or so waiting for me if I need them. But I didn't. I was ok.

My past few DD's have not been pleasant, I have been fighting hunger and not doing well mentally with DD's, dreading them in fact, but making it through. Not a nice way to live .

The potato experiment was good. I was able to keep my calories to 420, which is low for me, 600 is a good DD . I felt the mental struggle "ease up". And I was able to make it though the day. I was even able to sleep with no trouble

I will try this again for tomorrow's DD. I have a bowl full of cold whites in the fridge. I will try using malt vinegar and heat them up for sure.

As for the weight I did drop 1.8.

This may be the change that I am looking for.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your experience.

I will report back after tomorrow's DD>

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ogether-4.html
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That is great Hope, so happy for you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
I baked a bunch of potatoes in the oven last night, which did not come out as well as just putting them in the crock pot with no water! My daughter is trying this too, so I gave her the crock pot to take to her dorm with foil to line the crock pot to make it easy to keep clean (poor thing has just put on 30 pounds last quarter).

I put the baked potatoes in the refrigerator; I'm going to slice them and grill them in the george foreman grill tonight to brown them up. I'm not sure if I have any pizza sauce; I will have to look around.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
i think the crock pot is the best for cooking taters!!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you guys for discussing it! I would never have thought of the crock pot, and the microwave at the dorm has broken 2x in the past few weeks, so this has saved my daughter. Of course, now I need a crockpot for home, oh well...
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KSanderson1967
Stats: 213/205/165
Start Date: 3/19/12
Day 2a of pd....hunger not horrible...today was supposed to an up dayday but prob got in 800the calories...bieber im sad to report....no scale movement ...I will try one more day...last of my potatoes...and if the scale doesn't budge...will go back to my normal rotations ...I know its a mental this k..but im hanging at 170-174...and if I could just get below the 17 mark...ya know?
KSanderson1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I took me a few days to lose anything and lose the hunger... now hunger is just about non existent! I still can't believe that with nearly pure carbs.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #218
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Waiting a few minutes to weigh in this morning (I always weight in at 7am lol), but I've already decided to do another potato day today I'm soooo close to goal, and I'm hoping a few hacks will get me there a bit faster (next week I'll do an egg DD or two). I will eat more potatoes today though, to get more calories in. Yesterday I ate four small russets, so maybe 500 calories?
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow...down another pound! Day 10, down 9 pounds!

I had a social event on Saturday and ate a regular meal then. It seems it didn't mess things up.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post

I had a social event on Saturday and ate a regular meal then. It seems it didn't mess things up.
That is fantastic Key Tones! I was finding the same thing when following the potato hack. A few regular meals didn't seem to slow things down too much. Maybe it delayed a bit of weight loss but it didn't stop the pounds from disappearing.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Fantastic. This potato hack is really something else. Maybe I should consider "Potato Days on UD's as well?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Waiting a few minutes to weigh in this morning (I always weight in at 7am lol), but I've already decided to do another potato day today I'm soooo close to goal, and I'm hoping a few hacks will get me there a bit faster (next week I'll do an egg DD or two). I will eat more potatoes today though, to get more calories in. Yesterday I ate four small russets, so maybe 500 calories?
You seem to do very well with your hacks Sara. The weight is falling right off you.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

So far so good with today's PDD.

Meal 1 - 180 grams white potatoes with malt vinegar and Himalayan Salt. I was surprised at how good this was. I used the last of the malt vinegar .

Meal 2 - 150 grams white potatoes with Balsamic vinegar and salt

Later I will have more white potatoes with some shredded dry fried cabbage. Think I can make it through this day under 500 calories.

Hunger has been "ok". Had Meal 2 about 2 hours after meal 1, was hoping to hang in longer but I had someone coming over for coffee and wanted to make sure I was satiated. I did however, snack on dehydrated cucumbers that were seasoned with salt and pepper (made by me) that helped the palette and the munchy feeling. I'm getting hungry right now and looking forward to dinner in about an hour. Really looking forward to an UD tomorrow too! I like eating!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KSanderson1967
Stats: 213/205/165
Start Date: 3/19/12
GRRRR so frustrated... not sure this potato thing is doing anything for me.... Day 3... no wt loss.... out of taters... will prob give up after today as I have some social things to do this week and start again for the weekend... sigggghhh... some one let me borrow the whoossh fairy???

Karen
KSanderson1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Finished out the day with potato and cabbage with soya sauce. Calories for the day were 450. Only a .4 loss, which is not much of a bounce for a DD. I was expecting the scale to be lower. I will continue with the PDD for the next few rotations. I do like the appetite suppression of the potato. Still tired of bouncing up and down these few pounds! Moving onward!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is anyone still doing this?

I'm down another two pounds! So, that's 12 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am still eating potatoes for dinner every day--fasting til 10, having some MCT oil or an egg, lowcarb lunch, and then potatoes for dinner. I think I could eat this way for the rest of my life.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Is anyone still doing this?

I'm down another two pounds! So, that's 12 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks!
That is great Key Tones! I am still having potato DD's but my husband is still on the potato hack. I think it has been 3 or maybe even 4 weeks now. He is down about 20 pounds and wants to lose 20 more. He has been going off the potato hack on the week ends and is adding some protein to his evening potatoes and also having the odd salad for some of his lunches (when he forgets his bag of potatoes on the counter here at home.) Last night he sliced up cooked baby potatoes and topped them with seasoning salt, raw onions and pickled hot peppers. It tasted really good, certainly not bland.
How long do you think you will stay on the hack?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great!!!

Ah, yes, I did have some protein (eggs) in the mix after I was sore from a 20 mile bike ride. I did it out of fear for losing lean body mass. Maybe it was unfounded, but anyway it didn't interfere with the diet. I didn't freak out and want to eat up or anything.

I can't believe how filling potatoes are! I'm really not craving anything.

I am thinking about eating off plan on the weekends for social reasons and to tank up on calories for exercise as well (I hit the wall at mile 15 on a bike ride last weekend - not good). I haven't decided how long I want to do it. I know vegans get a mouthful of cavities after being on their diets for a while (I have read/heard this multiple times), so I don't want to end up with that problem.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
That is great Key Tones! I am still having potato DD's but my husband is still on the potato hack. I think it has been 3 or maybe even 4 weeks now. He is down about 20 pounds and wants to lose 20 more. He has been going off the potato hack on the week ends and is adding some protein to his evening potatoes and also having the odd salad for some of his lunches (when he forgets his bag of potatoes on the counter here at home.) Last night he sliced up cooked baby potatoes and topped them with seasoning salt, raw onions and pickled hot peppers. It tasted really good, certainly not bland.
How long do you think you will stay on the hack?
Wow, men lose weight so quickly!!! That is really great!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #231

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I'm starting the potato hack today. Have some russets and some golden butter potatoes. I did a potato down day a couple of days ago and found it really easy...most of my down days have been. The challenge is going to be with the mono diet over the course of several days. But I'm mentally committed to three and then we'll see how I feel and what the scale is doing, if anything, and my satiation levels, of course.

KT, you're really having great success at this, aren't you? Hoping I have the same! I'd really like to drop down another 15-20 pounds and be at around 140, which is a good weight for my 5'4" large frame. I think. It's been a long time since I was at that weight, like high school, so we'll see.

Anyway, wish me luck. I'll keep checking in as the days go by.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Luna!

Wow, you have done a great job losing weight!!!

The potato fast rocks. I have heard it is hard for the first 3 days, but I didn't experience that. I had something more like...relief. Then, it got even easier.

I am reluctant to stop now. Man, I would love to get to 175! That is what I weighed in high school (I wasn't thin). I have been as low as 155. The thought of that...wow.

I have been slicing them thin and placing in the microwave - that helps. I take them out when the outer slices on the plate are brown. It helps a little to have just a few brown crunchy bits around the edges. I don't brown them all; not sure if that would mess up the potato effect. I have spinkled these with salt, pepper, and even splenda too for variety.

Also, I have been playing with the sweet potato a little. I figured out if you slice a sweet potato on foil (foil, not a pan, erythritol burns), sprinkle with erythritol and salt and red pepper, oh my goodness...This will change it up a little. I've only had one. Not sure how this works with the diet, so I'm going to have only one per week.

I just have chips once per day. I don't want to get too happy....I think the mono diet part is supposed to be a large part of the effect.

Cool....let's do it!

Last edited by Key Tones; 02-06-2013 at 12:53 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

my dinner is so delicious--I pour a little bone broth over my potatoes and then add 2 TBS salsa con queso (2.5 g fat, 2 carbs, 1 protein, 35 calories) and nuke. sooo good. sometimes I add broccoli or cauliflower
Old 02-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
This sounds interesting, may try it after my first 2 weeks. How do you prepare the potatos in the crockpot. Dry or add water, and how long for them to cook in crockpot. Thanks in advance.
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #235

Okay, so I tried the potatoes shredded in the waffle iron--not a thing of beauty. They didn't crisp up but stuck and turned gummy. I may have not waited long enough. I put the rest of what I had shredded (one medium potato) in a pan and dry-fried them. Still gummy and not crisp. I gave up and microwaved one and put malt vinegar on it (standby from my potato down day). It was decent, but also gummy. These potatoes may only want to be boiled.

I have no crockpot, so I'll just do them on the stove. I'm also super-interested in the slice-real-thin-and-bake-with-chicken-broth method. How many potatoes, or ounces, or whatever, do you use for that, Ouiz?
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I put the potatoes in the crockpot on high for 4 hours and they are perfect! Mine switches to warm automatically on a program.

However, I have to say, I actually like the boiled potatoes better now. I think I am tired of the roasted flavor, but may go back to it when I get tired of boiled.

Yes, just how do you make the slices with chicken broth??? I made some with thick slices, and it was a big fail! I may toss them out; not sure how to salvage it (they are sitting in the fridge uneaten).

Anyway, potatoes are cheap, aren't they? I got a 15 pound bag of yukon golds from the mexican grocer for $2.50! They are Washington potatoes, but odd sizes (that is why they are cheap).
Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't have a waffle iron; I do have the George Forman grill. I brushed it with melted butter and put thin slices stacked in there (sliced in cuisinart). It came out OK but took a really long time.

I have since read you can bake them first, slice, and put in the George Forman grill. That was OK too but still took a long time to brown. I think my grill doesn't get that hot.

I read a recipe on allrecipes to cook oven fries tossed with oil (I only use butter-might lightly brush with melted butter) iwth salt, sugar, and pepper. I tried erythritol on the white potatoes but they come out wet and gummy and burn on the pan (learned erythritol is best done on foil). I like my sweet potatoes gummy OK but not the white/yellow ones. I might try this with splenda next.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
I may start this today.
I have completed 2 potato hacks, 1 properly (with nothing else). I have this stubborn plataeu at the moment that is driving me crazy! I am now doing Juddd, with the fast 5 method, with possibly the potato hack
But seriously, the first time I did the hack, I broke a plataeu. The second time I just plain got over them by dinner day 2. But after reading your posts, I am craving a batch of herbed potatoes for dinner
I cant just do DD's. While it is a satisfying dinner, weight loss never came. 3 days in a row, success! Am fasting today till later so I will decide then. Still have about 3 kg of poatoes from about 4 weeks ago in the cupboard. Wonder what they look like now??? think I'll splash out and buy some freshys
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #239

Finally found a way to prepare my potatoes that I really enjoyed! I chopped up a huge potato into cubes and boiled it in one cup of chicken bullion, then sprinkled the cooked potato cubes with roasted garlic seasoning. It made a huge plateful and was very yum.

I'm quite happy with this so far.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sicchi - good luck! It sounds like quite the diet stack you have going. I hope this breaks your plateau...hang in there!