Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
nice job Babs! I'm not totally sure I could do 7 days. Keep us updated on how it goes keeping it off! I may need to do another 3-4 days before I leave.
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawn007
Stats: 163/164/148
WOE: Low Carb/ JUDDD
Start Date: January 2007
JMCM1: Thank you! I thank every single one of you for posting about this! Because you truly do inspire others and help us reach our own decisions on if we want to try it or not.

What happened to me was unusual. I expect my .2 loss yesterday was because last night I used way too much salt on my plate full of potatoes. I was talking on the phone and turned them over and salted the other side, and didn't realize it until I ate one. It was too late by then! I also saw the weight loss tapering off. For some reason I lost it fast. I did not expect anything at all at first. We don't know how we will do unless we try and see for ourselves.

I am so you are all here!
Dawn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
I'm starting another couple of potato days today. Could someone tell me about the potato dish with broth? Is it basically just sliced potatoes with a couple cups of broth poured over it and then baked in the oven? How many potatoes do you use for 2 cups of broth? Is it okay to use potatoes that have already been cooked? Thanks!
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Day one of PD experiment yielded a 3.2 pound loss!! This is after an UD so I would normally expect a 2 pound decrease so a nice 1.2 pound surprise. I ate about 500 calories of yukon golds and baby reds with malt vinegar spices and a small amount of SF ketchup. I have been hovering around the same weight and just finished TOM so I might have been due for a whoosh but will continue on today to see what tomorrow bring. Shooting for 1500 cals today starting with small russets (love the steam in bags - so convenient for work!) sprinkled with FF popcorn seasoning (white cheddar) and lots of pepper. Thinking of french fries tonight - yum. Can we use sweet potatoes?
Congratulations on the 3.2 pound drop! Let us know how it goes today. You have some great ideas for making your potatoes.
I am not sure how the sweet potatoes effect the diet. You could try a couple and let us know how it goes. I just stuck to the basic plan so I don't have any experience with trying different things.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
I've been eating low-carb for almost a year now, what do you think would happen if I did the potato hack for 3-5 days? Do you think I would gain a mass amount of water weight? I've been stalled for almost 5 months!!! Need to try something.
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Judy--here is what I think you could expect doing the potato fast:

The first day or so, wild hunger, fluctuating blood sugar--"detox" symptoms. 2nd or 3rd day, appetite suppression, but also bloating and feeling puffy (fat cells deflating and filling with water instead), followed by a whoosh. after the 2nd or 3rd day, a kind of appetite suppression, calm, elimination of cravings--and a feeling of ketosis--metal mouth, peeing frequently, all the signs. At least, this is my scenario after experiencing it myself and reading all the threads here and on other forums.

I say go for it, be patient, give it 5-7 days, and remember, you can always go back to what you are doing now. The most wonderful thing for me has been the absence of cravings for carby foods, which never really went away on LC. Even if I had appetite suppression, perhaps the awareness that I wasn't eating carbs made me crave. Something very different here for me. Now, even when I am not doing the fast, I still eat potatoes. They really are like prozac for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
I've been eating low-carb for almost a year now, what do you think would happen if I did the potato hack for 3-5 days? Do you think I would gain a mass amount of water weight? I've been stalled for almost 5 months!!! Need to try something.
Of COURSE the person who hasn't done this yet is going to answer you!

See Ouizoid's answer to me above your quote.

I think it's common for people to gain some water weight at first, but sticking with it a little while, seems to be the answer.
I think there's a lot to be said for shaking things up in our bodies. They can get so good at adapting to however we're consistently eating.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #127
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
A tip my great grandmother always used for potatoes and gas: put 1 tablespoon baking soda in 1/2 gallon very warm water and soak the unpeeled potatoes for 30 minutes, rinse, pat dry then cook as usual.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #128
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I had a great PDD, then added one square of 90% dark chocolate...
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
My first potato day today, instead of Sunday. Instead, Sunday I started and did it half the day, then yesterday I really really wanted bacon & eggs. So I had it. 4 times. No kidding. Today doing PD. We will see how I do. I didn't weigh myself. My scale is wonky, I need a new battery, but my clothes were really TIGHT. After yesterday high protein high fat day I feel better. Over the holidays, I had ahold of myself fine, was within a couple pounds of where I like to be, and then had 2 days of completely unrestrained eating Friday/Saturday and could tell OH THE BLOAT! I will get a new battery for my scale and weigh in a couple of days. I will jump back on JUDDD strict when I am done.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 01-08-2013 at 02:00 PM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #130
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
then yesterday I really really wanted bacon & eggs. So I had it. 4 times. No kidding.

It will have no harm and maybe some good.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #131
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I am afraid I had to bail on the potato fast. After day, 1 I stayed the same weight. Day 2 I made it until dinner but we went to town to do some shopping and I ate a big burger. I thought about picking back up again today, but I had surgery this morning and anesthesia always makes me sickly and the thought of potatoes is kind of making me queasy.

I may try it again later. Good luck everyone!
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I am afraid I had to bail on the potato fast. After day, 1 I stayed the same weight. Day 2 I made it until dinner but we went to town to do some shopping and I ate a big burger. I thought about picking back up again today, but I had surgery this morning and anesthesia always makes me sickly and the thought of potatoes is kind of making me queasy.

I may try it again later. Good luck everyone!
Gracious!
I hope you get well soon!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Potato DD for me today but I am modifying with one egg and coffee with HWC for breakfast. Then in 6 hours I will have a potato lunch of broth and 4 oz of boiled tater and repeat for dinner. No thinking involved. Yea. It is rainy and chilly so the soup is a welcome change from plain cold boiled.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
No loss for me from day 2 of my potato hack. Hoping day 3 brings a nice whoosh tomorrow.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #135
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Just posted this on MDA but this is my 8th day of eating only cold white potatoes and I can't hardly zip up my jeans that are very tight that I wore a few days ago. So I have gained on the hack.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS View Post
Just posted this on MDA but this is my 8th day of eating only cold white potatoes and I can't hardly zip up my jeans that are very tight that I wore a few days ago. So I have gained on the hack.
Sorry that it didn't work for you. It sounds like 8 days was a good test. It is so true that what can work for some doesn't work for everyone. Keep us posted on what you find works.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #137
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Thank you Babsbabs. Just replied on the other thread saying not sure at the moment. Just trying to get over wasting eight days of eating cold potatoes and gaining weight!

I think I may go back to Dukan to drop the weight and then back to JUDDD but not sure.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I should NOT have weighed. UGH. I am UP also. I am way higher than I should be for what I have eaten calorie-wise. I am doing eggs/whey protein powder this am and then potatoes 4-5 hours later and then for evening snack. I kinda got dizzy with just potatoes yesterday. I may have to go back to induction LC if this doesn't "hack it" for me. I am puzzled, because last potato days I lost, and lost well. Drinking tons of water today in case it is just salt from my 4x bacon & eggs the other day plus lots of salt yesterday on all potatoes. Rings are tight. Still - it's like a 4-pound difference from what I expected to see! Sheesh!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Wow....so interesting to see how some are gaining and others losing. I dropped .4 today after my 4th day so a total of 3.8 overall. I really expected a bigger drop than .4 this morning. Yesterday was an UD but I only hit 950 calories. Today I've only had broth with 4 oz of potatoes as 'soup'. It was yummy and warmed me up nice. Will probably have oven 'fries' for dinner.....or maybe more soup. Really going to try and stick this out a full week.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

I am down to my goal weight after my modified potato DD yesterday so I will do a modified UD potato Day and see how it goes. Modified for me is a regular breakfast with eggs and coffee with HWC, a lowfat lunch with potatoes and a lower fat dinner with potatoes and something else like lowfat sour cream. We shall see if it works again on this rotation for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Just posted this summary of my PD experience in the daily weigh in thread. Just my experience.

1.7 PD 182.2 ~500 cals, half hour walk
1.8 PD 179.0 ~1000 cals
1.9 PD 179.0 ~1000 cals, half hour walk
1.10 UD 178.8 1850 cals planned

Did 3 days of potatoes by the book and lost about 1.5 pounds above the normal DD dip. Not a terrible experiment but not magic for me and I feel my body requires more nutrients than potatoes. I might do it again sometime but maybe not. Back to rotations today starting with an UD since all three PDs were pretty low in cals. Craving both nutrient dense foods and junk LOL!!!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I felt dizzy yesterday several times and my weight has not budged one iota. Not one ounce. Counting calories and everything, I had 1100 Tuesday and 800 Wednesday. I'm really puzzled because last time it worked like a charm, I dropped good. I could go get the last stats out of the drawer and look but I'm lazy right now. I may be back to post later but I gotta run. I am out. I had bacon and eggs for breakfast this a.m. and will do a regular UD today with high fat if I can hack it and maybe some of this bulk will go away. I am up 5 pounds from this last weekend and I dunno what I'm going to do about it right now. I did order some more hcg and I think I'm doing a short round right after my birthday next week and then go back to JUDDD immediately once my body is in losing mode.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*whoosh* 2.6 down after doing regular LC yesterday after 2 potato days the days before. Must have been inflammation from something I ate on the weekend? Still makes no sense to me. I am still "too high" for comfort and am working my way back down JUDDDing and LC'ing it at this point. Just wanted to update. At least all 5 pounds aren't acting permanent !
Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad to hear it C'Marie. Weird that it worked before and not this time.

I keep thinking I'll do the potato hack sometime maybe in February. But hearing stories like yours and WJS's makes me hesitate. But that whoosh may have been from the potatoes and just took a couple of days to show up. I think Ouiz mentioned that pattern was common.

Good luck getting the rest whooshed off!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I'll be doing the hack again next week. I may post on this thread. Maybe start a new one.
Anyone want to join me? Thursday Friday Saturday again. Leave for vacation January 23 rd and I saw such great results I want to give it another turn.

Sorry that some others aren't having such great results. I know how that feels! So far I have heard results that it seems to work for most. When I did mine the first time I didn't add ANY fat. Some do and still lose. But vacation is too close, I might do a hack after vacation and add a little bit of fat. 5 grams or under per day.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Glad to hear it C'Marie. Weird that it worked before and not this time.

I keep thinking I'll do the potato hack sometime maybe in February. But hearing stories like yours and WJS's makes me hesitate. But that whoosh may have been from the potatoes and just took a couple of days to show up. I think Ouiz mentioned that pattern was common.

Good luck getting the rest whooshed off!
C'Marie I'm glad you posted the whoosh, too.
As a lurker, I'm afraid now of gaining...

I'll continue lurking until I decide I could possibly get to my goal with a potato hack!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
I'll be doing the hack again next week. I may post on this thread. Maybe start a new one.
Anyone want to join me? Thursday Friday Saturday again. Leave for vacation January 23 rd and I saw such great results I want to give it another turn.

Sorry that some others aren't having such great results. I know how that feels! So far I have heard results that it seems to work for most. When I did mine the first time I didn't add ANY fat. Some do and still lose. But vacation is too close, I might do a hack after vacation and add a little bit of fat. 5 grams or under per day.
When/if I do this, I'm going to go with the original - no protein around it, no/low fat. I'll probably eat them cold with malt vinegar. Can't remember the other "rules" but I'll be able to go back and find it.
Good luck!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did one day with some fat, and the other day with some protein well away from the potatoes. I did the protein the last time, too, but not any fat. Maybe that was the difference for me. Last time I did several sweet potatoes, this time I didn't. I don't know. I may try it again sometime. I'm more inclined to do egg days or fat fasts/extreme low carb. But potatoes are filling and cheap!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

I started a modified potato fast on Monday. Modified means I ate eggs and coffee with HWC for breakfast everyday. DD's I then had potato and broth for L and D. On UD's I had potatoes for lunch and dinner but I had lowfat sour cream and salsa at one meal and lowfat sour cream and a small amount of homemade chili on the other. Here are my weights.
148.2 Monday 1-7 DD
145.8 Tuesday 1-8 UD
145.4 Wednesday 1-9 DD
143.8 Thursday 1-10 UD
143.8 Friday 1-11 DD
142.6 Saturday 1-12 UD
So I guess the scale made up my mind as to whether continue the lowfat potato day and count calories or not.. I am out of lowfat sour cream but I will figure out something. Doing the modified potato fast eliminated my usual 2 pound bounce so that was interesting.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 01-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I started a modified potato fast on Monday. Modified means I ate eggs and coffee with HWC for breakfast everyday. DD's I then had potato and broth for L and D. On UD's I had potatoes for lunch and dinner but I had lowfat sour cream and salsa at one meal and lowfat sour cream and a small amount of homemade chili on the other. Here are my weights.
148.2 Monday 1-7 DD
145.8 Tuesday 1-8 UD
145.4 Wednesday 1-9 DD
143.8 Thursday 1-10 UD
143.8 Friday 1-11 DD
142.6 Saturday 1-12 UD
So I guess the scale made up my mind as to whether continue the lowfat potato day and count calories or not.. I am out of lowfat sour cream but I will figure out something. Doing the modified potato fast eliminated my usual 2 pound bounce so that was interesting.
Those are some amazing drops, Adi!
Rayne_W is offline   Reply With Quote