Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Starting again, for the THIRD time :/

Well, I'm back to the JUDDD drawing board, even heavier than when I restarted it this past Summer. I struggle with binge eating disorder, sometimes I purge, sometimes not, but I'm DETERMINED to make this work this time. I was steadily losing at about a pound a week this past semester, and I was eating way more calories than I thought I could and lose. I stalled for about a week and caved in to the stress of college and just fell of the wagon (lame, I know). But I HAVE to make this work.

I'm in ROTC, and I'm above the weight regulations by about 20 lbs. I love ROTC more than anything I've ever done but I'm so sick of being the chubby girl that can't quite keep up. I'm gonna dive back into this diet, despite the social challenges it creates, but this time it's gonna be combined with a ketogenic level of carbs, because I'm fighting off PCOS and insulin resistance. Have any of you had success with ketosis combined with JUDDD? Do the rotations interfere with being able to stay in ketosis?

Tomorrow I start with a DD, wish me luck, I can't accept failure this time.
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Stichfluffly, good to see you back, loads of folks here do LC and JUDDD, though not necessarily to ketogenic levels. Simple Juddding can drop us into ketosis, depends how long you fast for.

Best Dr Who ever!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
back. I agree with Cindy. JUDDD doesn't care what you eat, so there's no problem if you want to remain at ketogenic carb levels.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Stich - I combine Atkins (20g of carbs or less typically) and JUDDD without any issues. If anything, I believe being in ketosis makes my DDs VERY easy. As the others stated, some people get into ketosis with JUDDD and mod/high carb. The fasting alone can trigger ketosis. So you shouldn't have issues being and staying in ketosis with LC and JUDDD.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Welcome back Stitch!

Sounds like ROTC should be a great - and very concrete - motivator. Good plan!

The rotations do not interfere with ketosis. In fact, some of us who eat carbs also see pink ketostix on DD.

Finally...I have been in love with Dr Who since way before you were born! Nice to see one of his faces around here.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much you guys!

I'm kinda in love with The Doctor myself,

Nancy: Yes, ROTC has kept me going, getting out of bed @ 5:30 3 mornings a week to work out with my platoon might not sound like fun to most, but it pushes me beyond
what I think my own limits are.

It makes sense to me that DD's would be easier to pull off while in ketosis, I'm not sure why I never tried it the other 2 times I started JUDDD.

I'm going to try not to beat myself up and give in to the discouragement this time around, especially when I have such great support!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
and good luck!
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You can do it! As for starting again, btdt but hey, starting again is better than never starting again! Good luck!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I think ketogenic JUDDD is a great plan! I've been high-fatting my DDs for a little while and it has worked spectacularly for me. 9 pounds lost in the most difficult month - December. Once all the carby foods are out of the house (won't be too long now) I plan to do a very controlled carb, higher fat plan for awhile and see what happens.

Yes, I have to agree about "The Doctor". That man is sexy! Great avi! (and so glad I'm not the only Dr Who dork out here!)
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
I stay mainly LC on JUDDD and find it great. It helps me not to have cravings! The key reason JUDDD works for me is that I don't feel deprived, if eating very LC makes you feel deprived that may impact on your success. I have found baking LC gluten free muffins, wraps and brownies for UDs really helpful. Really enjoying UD food is key for me.
Good luck!
Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfluffy View Post
Well, I'm back to the JUDDD drawing board, even heavier than when I restarted it this past Summer. I struggle with binge eating disorder, sometimes I purge, sometimes not, but I'm DETERMINED to make this work this time. I was steadily losing at about a pound a week this past semester, and I was eating way more calories than I thought I could and lose. I stalled for about a week and caved in to the stress of college and just fell of the wagon (lame, I know). But I HAVE to make this work.

I'm in ROTC, and I'm above the weight regulations by about 20 lbs. I love ROTC more than anything I've ever done but I'm so sick of being the chubby girl that can't quite keep up. I'm gonna dive back into this diet, despite the social challenges it creates, but this time it's gonna be combined with a ketogenic level of carbs, because I'm fighting off PCOS and insulin resistance. Have any of you had success with ketosis combined with JUDDD? Do the rotations interfere with being able to stay in ketosis?

Tomorrow I start with a DD, wish me luck, I can't accept failure this time.
Good luck to you! I have re-started JUDDD so many times I cannot keep track. It took me a while to figure out that when I eat bread (was eating GF bread on up and down days), it really brought out cravings for me and then my up days were becoming spectacular, but not in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Stich - I combine Atkins (20g of carbs or less typically) and JUDDD without any issues. If anything, I believe being in ketosis makes my DDs VERY easy. As the others stated, some people get into ketosis with JUDDD and mod/high carb. The fasting alone can trigger ketosis. So you shouldn't have issues being and staying in ketosis with LC and JUDDD.
Yes, I don't know why it took me so long to realize that ketosis helps with hunger. Nice to see others eating this way--encourages me to continue it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I think ketogenic JUDDD is a great plan! I've been high-fatting my DDs for a little while and it has worked spectacularly for me. 9 pounds lost in the most difficult month - December. Once all the carby foods are out of the house (won't be too long now) I plan to do a very controlled carb, higher fat plan for awhile and see what happens.

Yes, I have to agree about "The Doctor". That man is sexy! Great avi! (and so glad I'm not the only Dr Who dork out here!)
I am finding this as well. If I eat high fat on my DD's they are much more tolerable. I had been trying to eat more veggies (they are so low calorie you can eat more), but I actually found myself getting hungry too quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehede View Post
I stay mainly LC on JUDDD and find it great. It helps me not to have cravings! The key reason JUDDD works for me is that I don't feel deprived, if eating very LC makes you feel deprived that may impact on your success. I have found baking LC gluten free muffins, wraps and brownies for UDs really helpful. Really enjoying UD food is key for me.
Good luck!
Dee
Dee, would you mind sharing recipes for your LC gluten free muffins? I don't know if this would work out for me--do you find the low carb muffins and brownies don't cause cravings for you?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
Welcome back! I know you will be successful, I can feel your strength and determination when I read your post! The only thing I have to add from marathon training is that it is really hard (mentally & physically) to exercise intensely while in ketosis. Or at least it is for me. I used to lose a lot of weight this way but it is gruelling. I just wanted to say that I admire your effort and dedication to get up at 5:30am and push yourself to your limits! I found eating carbs the night before I did a long run helped me do long runs and then the exercise would put me back into ketosis. (I wouldn't eat carbs after the exercise). It really slowed performance improvements and my muscle recovery but I lost a lot of weight quickly. Not sure how healthy it is. My experience of finding it difficult might not apply to you as I know everyone is different. JUDDD with carbs worked eventually for me but I can appreciate that it might mot for everyone. One thing I know for sure is that you will find your workout so much easier if you are leaner. After losing body fat I feel like I have a big engine in a smaller car now vs. small engine in a big truck! I hope the binge/purge thing will settle down for you as you take control of things. After about three months of JUDDD my eating really normalized, I hope it does for you too.Keep posting as I think it helps a lot of us stay on track! I am pulling for you!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Stich-- congrats on getting back on the wagon. I do a low-er carb JUDDD, and I was in ketosis early on, but I don't think I get those levels regularly any more. Though as Cindy said above, you might find yourself in ketosis regardless.

I'm also a recovering bulemic, so that aspect of your post was something I wanted to address.
I don't want to sound preachy, so please take this with the that is intended-- please find a counselor or someone via your school who you can talk with about bingeing (and sometimes purgeing). Generally speaking, this is more of a control issue (ie. anger suppression/controlling one's emotions and environment) more so than a weight or diet issue (again, generally speaking, everyone's different).

You can really hurt yourself doing this-- I really trashed my tonsils, and wound up having to have surgery. I have a friend who totally wrecked her teeth and has had a miserable time getting them fixed.

I applaud you taking charge of your life, and 2 of my best friends were ROTC in Virginia and went on to wonderful successful lives

again!
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
back! We have the same start weight and goal weight
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Welcome back! My new years resolution is quitting smoking again... did it last year then wound up by new year back where I started (same thing, stress ect...) so 3 days clear now myself. We try, stumble and get up again

KISSA- I sooooo love this! Remember -
It isn't what you eat between Christmas and New Year but what you eat between New Year and Christmas that matters.

SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been saying that to everyone!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Welcome back! I know you will be successful, I can feel your strength and determination when I read your post! The only thing I have to add from marathon training is that it is really hard (mentally & physically) to exercise intensely while in ketosis. Or at least it is for me. I used to lose a lot of weight this way but it is gruelling. I just wanted to say that I admire your effort and dedication to get up at 5:30am and push yourself to your limits! I found eating carbs the night before I did a long run helped me do long runs and then the exercise would put me back into ketosis. (I wouldn't eat carbs after the exercise). It really slowed performance improvements and my muscle recovery but I lost a lot of weight quickly. Not sure how healthy it is. My experience of finding it difficult might not apply to you as I know everyone is different. JUDDD with carbs worked eventually for me but I can appreciate that it might mot for everyone. One thing I know for sure is that you will find your workout so much easier if you are leaner. After losing body fat I feel like I have a big engine in a smaller car now vs. small engine in a big truck! I hope the binge/purge thing will settle down for you as you take control of things. After about three months of JUDDD my eating really normalized, I hope it does for you too.Keep posting as I think it helps a lot of us stay on track! I am pulling for you!
I'll keep that in mind. I might take in a few extra carbs in the evenings before my tough workouts. I'm hoping keeping the carbs low will keep from going nuts on UD, which happened ALOT last time. I KNOW I'll feel better when I exercise if I'm carrying 35 lbs less!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Stich-- congrats on getting back on the wagon. I do a low-er carb JUDDD, and I was in ketosis early on, but I don't think I get those levels regularly any more. Though as Cindy said above, you might find yourself in ketosis regardless.

I'm also a recovering bulemic, so that aspect of your post was something I wanted to address.
I don't want to sound preachy, so please take this with the that is intended-- please find a counselor or someone via your school who you can talk with about bingeing (and sometimes purgeing). Generally speaking, this is more of a control issue (ie. anger suppression/controlling one's emotions and environment) more so than a weight or diet issue (again, generally speaking, everyone's different).

You can really hurt yourself doing this-- I really trashed my tonsils, and wound up having to have surgery. I have a friend who totally wrecked her teeth and has had a miserable time getting them fixed.

I applaud you taking charge of your life, and 2 of my best friends were ROTC in Virginia and went on to wonderful successful lives

again!
S.
Thanks so much for the encouragement! I know the binge/purge issue MUST be taken care of. I've struggled for a few years with it. It became bad this past semester, it was my first time living away from home, I had my first couple of dating experiences, my roommate moved out, etc...so what did I do? I'd try to find my own way of distracting/comforting myself, because honestly, I was quite lonely, living in an apartment by myself. I've always thought I could just make myself quit, but maybe it's time to not only do something about the weight, but about perhaps the even more dangerous thing.

Thanks to ROTC I want to get thin so I can be a better, faster, stronger, more confident cadet, not just a skinny girl, and I think that's far healthier than just wanting to look like a model
Old 01-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

I've started to wonder about protein levels, I'm sticking to a pretty rigorous workout routine, so do ya think I should focus on protein levels on DD? That would mean I wouldn't get much fat, and I'm trying to do this ketogenically...hmmmmm
Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
Welcome back! My new years resolution is quitting smoking again... did it last year then wound up by new year back where I started (same thing, stress ect...) so 3 days clear now myself. We try, stumble and get up again

KISSA- I sooooo love this! Remember -
It isn't what you eat between Christmas and New Year but what you eat between New Year and Christmas that matters.

I made a year smoke free in September. This was my second new year's eve when I didn't have to resolve to quit smoking! It was truly the best gift I ever gave myself!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well done Carly!

Stich-- I'd say do whatever works best for you, which might require some experimentation. I'm not working out right now, focussing on losing the weight via calorie restriction-- whenever I work out, I gain weight, period. I know all the reasons for it, but I just can't deal with it, so I'm not. One thing at a time for me

make sure you take your vitamins too!
S.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
I failed miserably during my first 2 attempts with JUDD. I also binge (no purging) mostly during PMS and could not control myself when I was eating carbs. Right now my carbs come only from veggies and I allow myself up to 50 gr of gross carbs a day. I don't eat that much everyday (mostly 10-30 gr a day), but If I really needed more carbs I eat them (veggies) and make sure to stay away from binge triggering foods. For me those are: nuts, yogurt, honey and fruits.
JUDD can be done low carb. Good luck

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 01-07-2013 at 03:29 PM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I made a year smoke free in September. This was my second new year's eve when I didn't have to resolve to quit smoking! It was truly the best gift I ever gave myself!
Yay Carly! Oh, it's not going so good but gonna keep at it.I feel SOOO much better after just a few days, then something comes up (an excuse really ). It sure is a bad, bad habit.
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote