Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
January Newbies - stop by and start chatting!

to any and all new JUDDD BUDDDs!

This is the place to ask questions so that you can all benefit from the answers that all the great JUDDD BUDDDs will offer.

This is the place to celebrate all the successes you will enjoy and this is the place to share those dark difficult times that we all have now and again.

I really look forward to getting to know you all, happy JUDDDing.

(I copied Kissa's December thread, as I figure there will be plenty of new BUDDDs in January!)
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
to any and all new JUDDD BUDDDs!

This is the place to ask questions so that you can all benefit from the answers that all the great JUDDD BUDDDs will offer.

This is the place to celebrate all the successes you will enjoy and this is the place to share those dark difficult times that we all have now and again.

I really look forward to getting to know you all, happy JUDDDing.

(I copied Kissa's December thread, as I figure there will be plenty of new BUDDDs in January!)
I'm sure there will and there is no better time than now.
So to all the new JBs who will join us in 2013!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #3

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks for starting this Dawn, I am only just surfacing for this year, lol.

Looking forward to meeting lots of lucky new JUDDDers.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
in advance, new JUDDD BUDDDs. Can't wait to see who joins us, revel in your successes, gain new insight from your observations and questions, and hopefully provide some good info and friendship along the way!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I want to say welcome to all new Juddders...I've been here about a month now, and I find this to be the greatest group of people you will ever find online or anywhere...I want to mention something because I am seeing all the new diet ads that generally do come out this time of year,,ww..nutrisystems..etc...And, after having done them all...I get this kind of creepy feeling when I watch them...they offer so much hope, and for some people they may be exactly what they need...but in my experience...they aren't permanent answers and
most people gain the weight back..,.you see how great Jennifer Hudson looks now..I mean
what a transformation she's made..so I read about what WW allows you to eat and I always say...man I would die from hunger on that kind of stuff...I always wondered..what's wrong with me that the WW choices would not satisfy me for daily meals?...does anyone else feel that way...like..I would be starving on most of those plans..but..here I am doing Juddd and after a couple of dd's I don't feel starved...
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamadodge
Stats: 217.8/200.7/168
WOE: JUDDD baby!
Start Date: 1/3/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
what a transformation she's made..so I read about what WW allows you to eat and I always say...man I would die from hunger on that kind of stuff...I always wondered..what's wrong with me that the WW choices would not satisfy me for daily meals?...does anyone else feel that way...like..I would be starving on most of those plans..but..here I am doing Juddd and after a couple of dd's I don't feel starved...
I DID WW, and I WAS starving! I LOVE what you said about not feeling starved on DD's! I think my biggest fear is failing on JUDDD (not feeling satisfied on DD's), but I know in my heart I will be ok. I am waiting on my order from Netrition, then I am starting. Until then, I have been reading, reading, reading, and taking all your experiences in. Thank you all for sharing your stories!

Jenn
mamadodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadodge View Post
I DID WW, and I WAS starving! I LOVE what you said about not feeling starved on DD's! I think my biggest fear is failing on JUDDD (not feeling satisfied on DD's), but I know in my heart I will be ok. I am waiting on my order from Netrition, then I am starting. Until then, I have been reading, reading, reading, and taking all your experiences in. Thank you all for sharing your stories!

Jenn
DDs are scary in the beginning, but you'll do great! It gets easier and you'll figure out what works best for you. I'm only 7 weeks in and the rotations are just becoming like normal life now. Each day has it's own advantages and the best thing is the weight really DOES come off! Good luck to you and keep posting!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: beccagrace
Stats: 216/176/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2012
Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome thread I am a JUDDD and LCF newbie. I've been low carb since September and have lost 40 pounds since July...this is the lowest my weight has been in nearly 10 years and I am about halfway to goal. I love how I feel LC but did backtrack a bit over the holidays...so I started fresh today. When I started lurking on here I found out about JUDDD and got Dr. Johnson's book. I tried a DD last week (poor timing though with the holiday, lots of trigger foods around and family visiting)...I didn't plan well enough and binged when I got home. In a better frame of mind this week and (hopefully) better prepared...now trying to decide if I should do a DD tomorrow or Friday. I am feeling really motivated to try but would prefer to have an UD on Saturday. Anyway, sorry for babbling...very excited to be here!
beccagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I want to say welcome to all new Juddders...I've been here about a month now, and I find this to be the greatest group of people you will ever find online or anywhere...I want to mention something because I am seeing all the new diet ads that generally do come out this time of year,,ww..nutrisystems..etc...And, after having done them all...I get this kind of creepy feeling when I watch them...they offer so much hope, and for some people they may be exactly what they need...but in my experience...they aren't permanent answers and
most people gain the weight back..,.you see how great Jennifer Hudson looks now..I mean
Yes, I know just what you mean! I did WW years ago, and had a bad experience. I think it was just a very questionable leader with no skills and was particularly judgemental. But you're right, it's basically just calorie restriction every day. We've all tried that under many different names. You can only do it so long and then...you just can't anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccagrace View Post
Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome thread I am a JUDDD and LCF newbie. I've been low carb since September and have lost 40 pounds since July...this is the lowest my weight has been in nearly 10 years and I am about halfway to goal. I love how I feel LC but did backtrack a bit over the holidays...so I started fresh today. When I started lurking on here I found out about JUDDD and got Dr. Johnson's book. I tried a DD last week (poor timing though with the holiday, lots of trigger foods around and family visiting)...I didn't plan well enough and binged when I got home. In a better frame of mind this week and (hopefully) better prepared...now trying to decide if I should do a DD tomorrow or Friday. I am feeling really motivated to try but would prefer to have an UD on Saturday. Anyway, sorry for babbling...very excited to be here!
Beccagrace! Glad to have you with us! You'll do great!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Hi All, am an old hand at JUDDD but stopped my great success back in July . Anyway, it's a new year and I'm ready to start my DD tomorrow. Looking forward to getting to know all the New Year newbies!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

back Vicki!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi, Vicky, nice to "meet" ya!

Welcome, beccagrace!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:01 AM   #13

Beccagrace! Be gentle with yourself on you first DDs, lots of people start at 6/700 cals and work down. Never feel you have failed for the sake a a couple of hundred calories.

This Mint/Vicky you see here was made by me! Welcome back my lovely daughter, you have made my day.

Last edited by Kissa; 01-03-2013 at 04:21 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Beccagrace! Be gentle with yourself on you first DDs, lots of people start at 6/700 cals and work down. Never feel you have failed for the sake a a couple of hundred calories.

This Mint/Vicky you see here was made by me! Welcome back my lovely daughter, you have made my day.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
WELCOME new JUDDD BUDDDS!
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #16
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadodge View Post

Jenn
When I first started JUDDD the DDs terrified me-I could not wrap my mind around the low calorie allotment. However, now that I've been doing JUDDD for a couple months, I actually look forward to my DDs more than my UDs! The first few DDs may be tough, as you figure out what works best for you (one larger meal, small meals spread throughout etc etc), but it will click and you'll start to see the magic happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccagrace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Hi All, am an old hand at JUDDD but stopped my great success back in July . Anyway, it's a new year and I'm ready to start my DD tomorrow. Looking forward to getting to know all the New Year newbies!
back!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Textemale
Stats: 183.4/168/160
WOE: JUDDD & Fast 5, previously LC
Start Date: LC 10/20/12 JUDDD 12/26/12 Restarted Juddd 1/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Yay! Another mother/daughter team! My daughter "mamadodge"/Jenn is starting JUDDD too after being bombarded with JUDDD emails and info from me for the past week! This is going to be fun!

Yesterday was an UD for me. As strange as this may seem, after just one week of JUDDD, I actually prefer my DDs to my UDs. I was very uncomfortable yesterday after trying to get all my calories in. I did pretty good, only 85 calories short and the scale was down .6 this morning. Today being a DD doesn't require nearly as much thought. Just fresh spinach/lettuce with turkey pepperoni and WF dressing. Supper will be a couple of ounces of roasted chicken breasts and steamed broccoli or cauliflower. I'm truly amazed at my lack of hunger on these DDs. Is this normal so early on?
Textemale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Yeah Mint! Glad ur back
Welcome all, come play, and loose!
it's a sure thing!
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hairy Mom
Stats: 178/164/135 5'3" 35yo
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: January 2nd, 2013
Coffee / Tea

2nd day of Juddding. I am on my 1st DD. is there a limit to how much coffee or tea you should drink?
Also I use Stevia to sweeten my drinks. Will the carbs affect my weight loss results?
Hairy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

back Vicky! Glad to have you back with us!

Hairy Mom! I've never seen any info about limiting coffee or tea, and I personally drink at least one large (probably 12-14 oz mug) each morning. I also drink hot tea in cold weather and lots of iced tea all year round. Sweetened with sweetzfree, which is 0 cal/0 carb. I don't know about stevia, but as long as you count the calories, the carbs shouldn't matter, unless you are particularly sensitive to them.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #21

Hi there Hairy Mom. No limit, enjoy. In theory you should count the calories in your coffee and tea, but most of the cals come from adding milk/cream and those you should count.. I am not sure how many calories there are in Stevia, but it is the calories you count on JUDDD not the cabs.

Unless you have decided to also go LC.

Good to have you on board.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
I have a question, thinking about combining JUDDD with LC. Checked the stats, on an UD my calories would be 1661, which I can handle. But on a DD, the count is only 332. Are any of you having a problem keeping the calories this low? I used my goal weight for these numbers. TIA
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Dr. J says you can do 500 for first two weeks. A lot of people do that all the time. I am one of those.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 AM   #24

We use our current weight, not our goal weight pugluv. It seems impossible to think that we could eat so little on our DDs, but time and time and time. Again you find that people really enjoy their DDs.

The ain is 500 for the first 2 weeks, but quite a number start a a bit higher and work down.

Hope you decide to try this, it is a great plan and everyone here is so helpful..
Old 01-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
Thanks for the responses. I'm planning on getting the book by the end of the month. 500 seems a bit more doable. lol
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I wrote about why using goal weight to get proposed calories may not be the best idea here.

Don't let DD calories scare you too much. Most bodies adjust, figuring out how to eat low cal is a wonderful learning experience, and many of us ultimately find we prefer the simplicity of DD over the complexity of UD (except for special occasions).

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-05-2013 at 04:42 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Gotta pop in here and say hello to our new juddd buddds... and as so many have said, don't get too anxious about the DD calories...it does get a lot easier as you get into the rhythm. AND JUDDD and low carbing are compatible; you just have to select your DD calories...you'll also find, like most of us, that you'll slip into a few menus that are satisfying and filling.

I'm one that is not comfortable using the liquid drinks for my calories. I need something for my tummy to work on and usually have the same thing most DD's. Egg whites with some sort of veggies for breakfast and the chicken breast (or turkey breast which is lower in calories), cabbage and laughing cow thingie that so many of us use in the beginning. The big thing is that you have to plan your menus which was new for me...but it does become second nature. There are a lot of low calorie, nutrition foods out there, you just have to find them.

again to the best woe in the world, IMHO...and don't forget to ask any question that comes up...someone here on this forum has been through it and may not have an answer, but we have lots of suggestions to help you.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
I really had reservations in the beginning..I am into JUDD 2 weeks so am a beginner but I already look forward to my DD s. I have a hard time controlling my eating..I am not always hungry Just think my mouth needs to eat.This has really helped me with this already.
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyw/kitties View Post
I really had reservations in the beginning..I am into JUDD 2 weeks so am a beginner but I already look forward to my DD s. I have a hard time controlling my eating..I am not always hungry Just think my mouth needs to eat.This has really helped me with this already.

That's great! It just keeps getting better from here!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you, grammykitties!