Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Very happy for Jenny's fun crochet, too. How is the kitten - now a cat, I'm sure.
Thank you...Kitty is very mischievous! He's about 7 months old & kind of small, still meows like a little adorable baby...when do cats stop growing?

He will *NOT* be petted...he attacks our hands if we try to pet him, and swipes at or jumps on us almost every time we walk by. But it's not in a nasty or unfriendly way...he's just SO playful. But I've never had a cat who doesn't like to cuddle, so it's a bit weird.

Does anybody know if there's a chance he might grow out of this?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Noticed something's strange - with every new avatar photo, Cindy gets younger?
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Happy anniversary Nancy! 40 years is wonderful. Two cruises? Where will you be cruising?

Whitlin! So good to see you and have missed your wisdom here.

I agree with you on Carly's avatar. Great to see her looking so happy!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Just finished watching Downton Abbey. I love that series! Is anyone else watching it? Unfortunately I got up to peel a cucumber for a snack and missed the most important part! I will have to watch that tomorrow when it is posted at PBS.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We can watch stuff on PBS.org?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

I had no idea! We don't have TV reception and I thought I was going to have to wait for months til it came out on hulu!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I am already done with season 3 of DA since I found a free site online. I watched the first season on Netflix. I will have to check out the PBS site since people have said there are other good shows to watch.

piratejenny-I had a cat like that when I was a kid. He was just miserable and never wanted to be bothered by anyone. He looked sweet and cuddlly but sometimes he would come out of nowhere and scratch people's legs if they were wearing pantyhose LOL I don't know how many women left our house with ripped pantyhose!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes!! I watched the first season on PBS, because I didn't know about it when it aired.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
He looked sweet and cuddlly but sometimes he would come out of nowhere and scratch people's legs if they were wearing pantyhose LOL I don't know how many women left our house with ripped pantyhose!
Haha, I wonder what he had against pantyhose?

Last night Hobbes was sitting on my bed and swiped my leg as I was changing into pjs...he barely nicked me but for hours it felt like I had a thorn stuck in my leg!!! Little monster!!!

I don't think he's miserable...I'm even pretty sure he likes us...lol...he follows me around the house, stands guard (against what, I don't know! ) while I wash dishes or take a shower, sits *near* my feet (but never on my lap) when I knit or watch TV. He prefers to groom us than to let us pet him; if I put one hand in front of him & let him lick it, I can sometimes sneakily pet him with my other hand for a few seconds before he starts to gnaw on the first hand!!! He's just gotta play with everything...my hair, shoes, small rugs, vitamin bottles...he likes to sit on the table and knock every vitamin bottle off, one by one, then fiercely pounce on them & chase them around the house!!!

One sort of cute thing is, he pounces on our legs *all* the time when we walk around the house, but he doesn't use his claws (at first!). So it feels like he's patting us, but he looks all fearsome, twisting his head from side to side like he's going to bite, then runs away!!!

Can you tell I him, even though he's a complete pain in the butt?!

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-14-2013 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: add quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
In late May we sale the Baltic from Copenhagen to St Petersburg on a big ship (traveling with my delightful DB and SIL - they are both piscatarian LC, DH is a carb addict, and I am trending towards Primal...ordering meals should be interesting). In late October we take a river cruise (small ship) from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland.

DH retires at the end of the month. A Spring driving trip up to DC via the Blue Ridge Parkway, then back down the Shenandoah Valley is in the works.

PJ, cat's skeletal growth is usually done, or almost done, at about six - eight months. Muscle growth fills in for six months after that.

Also, he is playful yes. And, he was such an itty-bitty when you rescued him, he missed some of Mama's socialization. I encourage you to put some treats on a table by a chair. Use a tool (like string, I know you have yarn ) to play with him for ten minutes or so. Then grab him, sit down in the chair with him on your lap. Hold him still by wrapping an arm around him. If necessary, use the hand of the restraining arm to hold his front legs still. Cup the other hand over his nose (you will probably have to avoid bites at first) and stroke back from the nose - up the muzzle (this is important, you are overlaying his scent glands with your smell - and mingling them), over the eyes, pull the ears down, push gently but firmly on the neck, and end at the shoulders or the back (depending on how much of a contortionist you are). Do that a few times (no more than five) - talking in a gentle soft voice all the while (blah-blah-blah spoken softly is fine). Give him a treat. Repeat once or twice...even doing this one time at first is good enough.

In fact, at first just holding him still on your lap for a few seconds is a good start. You may have to build up to stroking him.

Eventually, he should start understanding the difference between play time and calm time.

Decades ago I ended up with an unsocialized, two week old kitten. Eighteen years later, when the end was coming, the only place she felt good was cuddling (golly, I still miss her and celebrate her memory).
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Nancy, for the suggestions.
It's very difficult to play with him because he is such a good jumper/hunter, he *always* ends up slashing us to ribbons, even if we tie the yarn to a 2-foot long stick!!! Eventually he gets smart and attacks our hands...even a laser pointer doesn't work...he notices your hand moving & clicking the on button!
But...I will see what I can do.

I've thought about this a lot...when I first got him, he liked to cuddle, but he had fleas really badly and I had to bathe him every 3 or 4 days, which he hated. And he was severely constipated...would go 7-10 days between poops...and I was instructed to rub his belly, which he *really* hated. So maybe I accidentally trained him to dislike being touched. One thing I *finally* realized, recently, is that he's a little calmer & can't scratch me quite as easily if I hold him belly-down rather than belly-up...my girl-cat likes to lie in my arms belly-up, so I kept picking up Hobbes the same way.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Guess who has their greenhouse frame together-almost!
We've been putting the gh together in our big barn, yes a little chilly doing so.
The foundation guys had the concrete foundation done enough that we started putting gh on its slab foundation! With help Friday. Glad before the ice rain stArted Friday night.
It looks awesome. Yesterday hubby was chipping off ice to places roof frames in place>nuts I tell ya! Me I was inside a drank hot coca and thawed myself and took pics. Wish I knew how to post pic on here someday.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Our cat's whole litter was discovered/rescued/reared by us with advice from The Friends of Feral Felines, and he was the only one we couldn't get adopted, so he's our cat. A regular regimen by my young teen daughter of clipping his claws when he is in an accepting mood has helped us. I don't know how you're going to do that, Jenny, until Hobbes will accept your touch - ours is a RASCAL but willing to allow my dd many indignities when his tummy is full and she puts him on his favorite fleece fabric.

I do know what you are talking about with scratches - ours thinks my husband is always playing, for some reason, and my husband ends up with swipes while just turning newspaper pages, picking up the remote, etc. I guess my husband always played a little rougher and so he was chosen as the favored target... ... um, I mean playmate.

Also, what about neutering? I went along with the advice on a website that said 9 months, and now am told from various directions that 7 months would have been much better, to let him adapt to household life better as an adult. You may have already had this done. If you're planning it, be sure to let people know he was a rescue and often you can get a better price, or at least be directed to a clinic that cuts their prices as much as they can. And while he's there, they will usually clip claws by request.

Last edited by Whitlin'; 01-14-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

I found pterostilbene at Walgreens! I am armed for tomorrow! The product I bought has 50 mg of it, and was on sale for 7.99 (for 30).
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Guess who has their greenhouse frame together-almost!
We've been putting the gh together in our big barn, yes a little chilly doing so.
The foundation guys had the concrete foundation done enough that we started putting gh on its slab foundation! With help Friday. Glad before the ice rain stArted Friday night.
It looks awesome. Yesterday hubby was chipping off ice to places roof frames in place>nuts I tell ya! Me I was inside a drank hot coca and thawed myself and took pics. Wish I knew how to post pic on here someday.
That sounds awesome, Ei! You'll be planting and enjoying your own produce year around before you know it. Unfortunately we're never home long enough to tend to a garden. I need a live in cook/gardner to take care of things when we are gone! LOL
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I really wish you good luck with your kitty cat...I never had good luck with them...once my boss forced me to take home a stray that was hanging out at the hospital...so..I figured..better get her spayed..took her to a tottering old vetrinarian in town..he kept her two days..and I paid him 150 bucks ...only to find out when I gave HER away...she was a boy..hahaha...I really had no idea.
..but on to something else that has been bugging me..I keep seeing all these weight watcher commercials..and I think...OMG...when I did that, it was like being on a DD, everyday of the week..guess that's why I never stayed on it.. I had friends over the years who lost tons of weight doing that program..but I don't think any of them ever kept it off..because the minute you stop doing that program you gain back all you lost plus a bunch more...that's what I think anyway....I'm not knocking it, if it worked..I have just never seen it work long term..but I feel in my heart that the Juddd woe is something I can do the rest of my life..thank goodness for Juddd and the JudddBuds.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Jaymar, I agree with you! There is something special about the calorie rotations, we're so lucky to have discovred it. I will never abandon this woe, it has a special place in my heart; JUDDD has brought me to places I never dreamed of.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #256
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Just a quick non-JUDDD-related mommy brag:

Keira brought home straight A's last night. She's in an advanced curriculum IB school, so I'm even more proud of her. She's also presenting to the School Board this evening. She's presenting the findings of a science experiment she did involving bone calcification. Tomorrow morning she has a Student Council meeting. She's her class representative. Have I mentioned she's only in 2nd grade??

I don't know where this kid came from, but I'm sure happy she's mine.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled JUDDDing, now that I got that off my chest.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

Keira brought home straight A's last night. She's in an advanced curriculum IB school, so I'm even more proud of her. She's also presenting to the School Board this evening. She's presenting the findings of a science experiment she did involving bone calcification. Tomorrow morning she has a Student Council meeting. She's her class representative. Have I mentioned she's only in 2nd grade??

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled JUDDDing, now that I got that off my chest.
Oh that's awesome! Give her a hug from a proud JB. Also I think you are a great mom- must be for Keira to be doing so well. In my line of work I see a lot of pathetic examples of parenting. It's nice to know there are some great parents still out there.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

WOW!!! Really amazing, Dawn. I know you must be so proud, and deservedly so!!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #259

Thanks Cindy and Carly. I couldn't be more proud.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats to Keira!
And yay for supportive parents!!!

I'm so curious about her actual project, though...what's bone calcification?
Like, calcium deposits & heel spurs?

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-15-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

Today at lunch I needed to go to the other side of town to pay a bill and my co-worker suggested taking the interstate as she explained it would be much quicker (than driving through town). So, off I went and happily passed a McDonald's where I flew through the drive through for a diet iced coffee...pulled out and turned onto the interstate IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! No, not into oncoming traffic, but North instead of South, which is where I needed to be headed. After about 10 miles and no exit I started to panic, and saw a sign for South of the Border, 21 miles. OMG, I was like am I REALLY going to South of the Border on my lunch hour!? HA, ha, I did find an exit before that, although I had gone about 16 miles (one way) out of the way. Managed to turn around, pay the bill, and get back to work 12 minutes late. "What a trip" takes on a new meaning!

The bad news is, I can no longer laugh at bf for his terrible sense of direction.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-15-2013 at 06:13 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
In late May we sale the Baltic from Copenhagen to St Petersburg on a big ship (traveling with my delightful DB and SIL - they are both piscatarian LC, DH is a carb addict, and I am trending towards Primal...ordering meals should be interesting). In late October we take a river cruise (small ship) from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland.

DH retires at the end of the month. A Spring driving trip up to DC via the Blue Ridge Parkway, then back down the Shenandoah Valley is in the works.

PJ, cat's skeletal growth is usually done, or almost done, at about six - eight months. Muscle growth fills in for six months after that.

Also, he is playful yes. And, he was such an itty-bitty when you rescued him, he missed some of Mama's socialization. I encourage you to put some treats on a table by a chair. Use a tool (like string, I know you have yarn ) to play with him for ten minutes or so. Then grab him, sit down in the chair with him on your lap. Hold him still by wrapping an arm around him. If necessary, use the hand of the restraining arm to hold his front legs still. Cup the other hand over his nose (you will probably have to avoid bites at first) and stroke back from the nose - up the muzzle (this is important, you are overlaying his scent glands with your smell - and mingling them), over the eyes, pull the ears down, push gently but firmly on the neck, and end at the shoulders or the back (depending on how much of a contortionist you are). Do that a few times (no more than five) - talking in a gentle soft voice all the while (blah-blah-blah spoken softly is fine). Give him a treat. Repeat once or twice...even doing this one time at first is good enough.

In fact, at first just holding him still on your lap for a few seconds is a good start. You may have to build up to stroking him.

Eventually, he should start understanding the difference between play time and calm time.

Decades ago I ended up with an unsocialized, two week old kitten. Eighteen years later, when the end was coming, the only place she felt good was cuddling (golly, I still miss her and celebrate her memory).
You get to go all those places? I am very very jealous!! You are a very lucky lady!!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Dawn, congratulations to the happy, happy child! I know how demanding IB curriculum is because my oldest was in IB during high school years - our closest high school offered it. Appreciate it while you can because our community learned from bitter experience it can be pulled out and given to other schools when you least expect it. During our oldest's first year of college, parents at the high school were shocked to lose the program and have no recourse unless they were willing to move.

Eieio, that's great about your greenhouse!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
You get to go all those places? I am very very jealous!! You are a very lucky lady!!
Nancy, Oh wow! I have only been on 2 cruises besides one that never occurred due to being cancelled. I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I went to Alaska/Canada on the inland passage. LOVED it! 7 days and it was not long enough. Then went to Cayman's, Jamaica, & Cozumel on another 7 day and it was amazing.

Dawn, Keira is only in 2nd grade? I think you have a Ms. Genius on your hands.

Eieio, Very excited to hear about your greenhouse! We are having a greenhouse built next month. My DH who recently retired from a lifetime of O&G Accounting thinks he is now a gardener/horticulturist. Something tells me that he is not.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Dawn, what a wonderful little girl Keira is. I know how proud you must be. I don't think anything tops getting to be proud of our kids! (and grands too, in my case) Congratulations to you, Keira!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:

Ahh congratulations Dawn that is so special about your little sweetie!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #267

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Dawn, how exciting about Keira's accomplishments. You and DH must be doing a great job to have such a bright and composed little girl. Proud you should be!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Congrats to Keira!
And yay for supportive parents!!!

I'm so curious about her actual project, though...what's bone calcification?
Like, calcium deposits & heel spurs?
In her experiment, she put chicken bones in two separate containers filled with vinegar. In one container, she added calcium tablets, and none in the other. She left the bones for 5 days, then took them out and compared them. The bone without the calcium tablet became soft and maleable, while the bone with the calcium tablet actually became harder despite the vinegar. Maybe it was more about bone decalcification.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Dawn, you have to keep us informed about what interests Keira! I want to know if I am in the presence of a future American President or Nobel Prize winner ... or both!

Sunday, DH and I had long, successful, interesting careers...but we did not find our true calling until we discovered cruising. Exploring all day, dancing all night....yep, that is the real me. I have done the the English Channel, the Mediterranean, Hawaii, the Caribbean several times, and the Alaskan Inside Passage twice. If I could I would cruise it and Hawaii every year.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
It's official, if my family ever decided to go on a cruise, I'm paging you, Nancy! How FUN!!!

Dawn, congrats to Keira! Awww, that must make you feel so good! I love it when kids are excited to go to school & do well. I have 2 like that...we won't talk about my oldest. (lalalalalaaaaaaa!) (good thing I love him!)
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote