Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Sunday~ I love the Beverly Hillbillies! That and I Love Lucy..I could watch those all day long!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
This board is such a wonderful place...I've learned so much, and also a lot about my body too...I'm getting over this awful cold/flu or whatever it is...but the one thing I've noticed is that after I do one of the potato days, my appetite is so different than before...the cravings...having food on my mind all the time, just seems to be different....I am so thankful for that, and for all the things I'm learning here at the juddd forum.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8
Happy & Healthy New Year!

Glad all the holiday feasts are finally over. I'm so looking forward to my first DD of 2013 tomorrow.

Best Wishes all on your continued progress towards your goals!
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Danielle, I can watch, "I Love Lucy" any time too. When I am laid up in bed with illness or have insomnia, the ILL and Little House on the Prairie re-runs are the perfect medicine.

Jaymar, So glad that taters are helping you. I notice the same thing. No wonder, the tater hack has been a calming solution.

SlimNana,
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Well, after a TOO LONG hiatus from JUDDD (my waistline will attest, I'm afraid) I'm back at it. Nice to see old friends still here, along with many new JUDDD BUDDDs! Happy New Year!!

I'm starting off 2013 with a potato hack. Wish me luck! =)

ETA: Don't go checking my stats, I've not got the courage to update at the moment...like I said, my waistline will attest. Lol!!
Alright, I just had to come back and post before bed. This is craziness!!

For any of you that remember me, you may know that I sometimes weigh before bed, just to get a feel for how things are. Anyhoo...I weighed in this morning at around 10:00, I just weighed in again (at the end of my first day of the potato hack), and I'm down 3.8 pounds since this morning. Ridiculous!!

Now, I am certainly coming off of a well-enjoyed holiday eating season AND I'm at the end of TOM...so as you can imagine, I've been in the loo all day, it seems. But still, 3.8 pounds over the course of about 13 hours is a shock!

For those interested, I had 105 calories of coffee and cream this morning, and the rest of my day consisted of 400 calories of red potatoes, for a grand total of 555 calories.

Go JUDDD!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 202.8/182.8/
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Reboot June 2014
Happy New Year everyone & good health also. Hope everyone's on the mend.

I'm on my first 2013 DD and hoping for good things. Gonna try potatoes I think. Have been enjoying myself s bit too much over last couple of days.

Hubby's starting a new job today. It's a great opportunity but lots of travel so I'll be home with the kids alot. There may be days when the JBs are my only source of adult conversation... I'll be leaning on you

So good health, good conversations & good losses to all.
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:01 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Good morning all- Today will be my first real DD in about a week and a half. I'm looking forward to it, but that being said- I only slept for 90 minutes last night so I'm expecting some serious fatigue later in the day. I try to avoid coffee on DDs, but that may not be realistic today. We will see.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I was delighted to see 127 on my scales today. What a great start to my first DD of 2013. Just one pound over goal.

I have had 2 UUADs and have a bit of a cold, though I have it pretty well under control with vit C and Echinacea. Didn't sleep well early in the night then went into a deep, deep sleep and could barely drag myself out of bed this morning. Also my fingers and eyes are puffy, so no doubt that is fluid.

May do a potato day, not sure as I am not a bit hungry yet.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Morning all -- gonna say good but changed my mind!!

Getting into bed last night, I sat on the bed, turned and picked up my legs to get in and under the covers and hurt my left knee. Guess I pulled something Anyway, it hurt like the devil all night and still is.

Had BIG plans to start back at the Y after a holiday off, but that won't happen this morning. Getting the advil and the bengay out.

Oh well, at least I can do an upper body workout to get my challenge in - even if it's from a chair!!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
So sorry to hear that wf!! It's strange how things like that can happen. I hope you recover quickly!

First day back at work since Dec. 21. Shock to the system, lol. I didn't want to get out of bed. However, maybe my DD will be easier. There's got to be some kind of upside.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
My 2013 is off to a doozy - NYE on my way to my friend's house, my car started making a really bad noise. It drove fine, but the noise concerned me. Of course everyone's closed NYD so I called out of work today to take the car to the dealer to get fixed. Good thing I did because my rear brakes are almost gone and I needed a new battery. Had I waited until the weekend, I may have needed to have the car towed there instead. Anyway, woke up with a headache, which is never good because it will turn into a migraine if I don't 1) eat something and 2) take advil ASAP. Ugh. So it may just be a MD here. Hopefully on Friday I can successfully do a DD and not go bazerk.

Add me as a friend! Facebook
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #42

Bad luck Arlene and Katie, not the best way to start the year.

Hope you have an easy DD Cindy. Mine is going okay but the weather is vile and I am not feeling my usual upbeat self. Go away cold and go away rain.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Hey all,

Well, today marks my first day beginning JUDDD - again (I've lost count of how many times, but let's not speak of this). I went into SP and reset all my stats (even beginning weight), reset my iPhone weight tracker app (the one I'd post in the bouncing ball thread) and fired up my little calorie counter app to keep track as well throughout the day.

I'm a whopping 17.5 lbs. up from my lowest pre-op weight of 208. Being 6+ months post-op, this body better be ready to begin letting go of the poundage!

Drinking water right now and am planning to get some exercise in this evening. I think my Baby Step plan just went into Paul Bunyan mode.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Katie, it's a good thing you had your car checked! Enjoy the rest of the day off.

Cindy, the weather's dreary here too: cold and rainy. Doesn't make for a good DD, but I am still doing ok with it. You are entitled to a non-upbeat day. Lord knows you have been sunny most days since I've known you. How was the NY party?

VL, don't even think about prior attempts. Start today as a new start and don't push yourself beyond expectations, because it could lead to burnout. JMHO. Enjoy your first day.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-02-2013 at 09:11 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #45

Great job Nilla, you are up and running, this is going to be your year, I just feel it.

Thanks Cindy, it is very rare for me to feel anything but great. I think it a combination of lots of little things, partly the the weather, partly my cold (which is really not bad), partly unfinished building work, (when do builders think the holidays finish), our underfloor heating has failed and I am dreading having bathroom remodelled any day.

This is no cause to complain and I do know how fortunate I am, but so much of this is out of my control. Okay moan over! Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Grrrr... I have been tripped up by my confidence I think. Had a blip preparing Christmas treats in mid-December... I'm only human; got myself sorted out by Christmas... Sure I'm rockin this JUDDD; didn't follow rotations well when visiting family but only gained 1lb... No wonder, I just ate regularly, didn't overeat like crazy...

Patted myself on the back on at least one thread, announced I'd slip back into rotations no bother... Well slip I did! Ate everything in the whole world yesterday to get me ready for my DD today and by 10 a.m. today was knee-deep in chocolate. Pride pride & more pride followed by a big fall!

Hoping to dust myself down for a healthy UD tomorrow to ready myself healthily for a successful DD... Here's hoping!

Does this happen to anyone else or is it just my life lesson to learn? I seem to be meeting it again & again & again ( just when I think I'm on top of something, it shows me in no uncertain terms I'm not!)
Old 01-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Lou~ the best of us fall. And fall hard. It's all part of the process if you're willing to listen to what the journey is trying to tell you. Can you see where you may have tripped yourself up, see what could've been avoided to keep you going? Getting up and moving forward is the best gift you could ever give yourself. One day this will all be but a distant memory. Be good to you and love yourself up like crazy.
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Luckylou
I don't keep candy in the house. I can't!
Unless holidays.
The candy that is in our house is my husbands= skinny guy.
Several years ago I designated him his own junk drawer.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Lou~ the best of us fall. And fall hard. It's all part of the process if you're willing to listen to what the journey is trying to tell you. Can you see where you may have tripped yourself up, see what could've been avoided to keep you going? Getting up and moving forward is the best gift you could ever give yourself. One day this will all be but a distant memory. Be good to you and love yourself up like crazy.

Beautiful words, Danielle, thanks so much. Inspiring!

And the tripping came in the cavalier approach "Ah sure, it's Christmas, why not?"

Eieio, chocolate and wine will be making a quick exit from my house for at least a month. In the past, my OH has kept it in his car. We might revisit that policy
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I stay out of his junk food area.
Had to limit my seeing it every day.
Even when I'm so called "strong"
I didn't want to have that consent remember calling me.
For years it's helped me boo coos.
It's his drawer, not mine, his stuff. Works for me.
And if someone gives us bad food as gifts, my hubby takes it to work to share.
I can't have it in the house! I say I'm not JOB, bible guy.
Give lots of things to our chickens.
Once a huge cheesecake was brought to our house.
Most of it want uneaten at that meal.
I told that person that brought it to that it with them, that we won't eat it.
They didn't take it! I gave it to our chickens 25 in all.
A girls Gota do what girls Gota do.
Ok dust urself off! Carry on! Smile
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ah, yea, normally any candy in the house is scavenged by ME, so I totally understand Lou! So far, I have been able to sneak in some and count them in my allocated calories. So far, it's ok, but I know my chocoholic addict self that I could fail any time! I so wish I didn't love sugar like so many of my skinny friends. (they love salt more than sugar...I just find salted dark chocolate caramels, UGH!!!)

I was coming to post that I think I may actually have found a bit of this energy you all talk about. I have started going through dresser drawers and purging things. My husband can't figure out what's wrong with me. BAHAHA! I sure hope this continues, I have a million things that have been patiently waiting for my attention!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Just checking in. Happy to be on the otherside of the holiday excuses. Had a good solid DD with almost 200 cal left for this evening if I want. Felt pretty natural. Also am back to NK. House is clean, refrigerater without temptation, clean eating shopping done. Holiday deco put away. Even rearranged some furniture.

Took out some books from the library to help me as I start a new business. Have some fliers printed and ready to distribute tomorrow. Believing for a new beginning.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #53

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Cici, what kind of business will it be (if you don't mind sharing)? I was hoping you'd get to do something fun that you WANT to do for an income.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Cici, sounds like you are really hoppin! Good luck with the new business/research, etc! Sounds exciting!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm interested too Cici. That sounds exciting. Yay for JUDDD energy, Flutter!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #56

Great news Cici, you can do it.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
VL, don't even think about prior attempts. Start today as a new start and don't push yourself beyond expectations, because it could lead to burnout. JMHO. Enjoy your first day.
Agreed and I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Great job Nilla, you are up and running, this is going to be your year, I just feel it.
Oh, Kissa, I certainly hope it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Took out some books from the library to help me as I start a new business. Have some fliers printed and ready to distribute tomorrow. Believing for a new beginning.
Curious here, too, as to what the new business is.

~~~~~

Had a great first day back yesterday. Reward was a little dip today. In weight, not onion. Now to prepare for the inevitable bounce tomorrow! I've decided to add whatever loss I have to my stats instead of waiting for a weekly weight. I need all the self-encouragement I can get!

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 01-03-2013 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Add something!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Organizing/cleaning. I enjoy both, it would be good exercise and I would get to meet a lot of people. Thanks for the support.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
We're having a sunny but very cold December day. CiCi, that business would do good around here -

Love all the new avi's. You guys are beautiful!

Later!
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #60

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Organizing/cleaning. I enjoy both, it would be good exercise and I would get to meet a lot of people. Thanks for the support.
Very exciting, Cici! Good luck! I also LOVE organizing and have thought about doing it for people. I just don't know if I'd have the patience with people. I have a lot of pack-rats in my family, and they want to hang onto literally everything!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote