Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
ahh Cindy, your kitties ar so cute
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #422
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cindy-cute kitty cats! My cat thinks she's a dog We do have 3 dogs now (one is still a puppy ). It's a crazy house!

Kismet-I also find if I can make it until (or just past) lunchtime on my DDs I do better. I try to have coffee in the morning then wait until 1 or so to eat something. Keep up the good work on that exercise!

Today is the end of my first week of JUDDD. I stuck to my cal ranges (500cal DDs and 1700-1800cal UDs) and have been working out 3X a week-mostly weights. I'm down 0.6lbs this first week to 156.6 today, which is still compared to the 140's where I was a few months ago. Not much of a loss, but considering I usually gain a few lbs when I start back to the gym, I'll take it .

I'm giving it a full 2 weeks of strict rotations and we'll see where I end up. I don't think I'll be able to keep this 500 cal DD as a "normal" part of my life unless they get a LOT easier. We'll see.

Question: I'm scheduled for a DD on Sunday. It's Superbowl and we're heading to our friends for a party. I could *try* for a DD, but that's gonna' be a really tough thing to accomplish. Would you suggest just doing a MD that day, or can you switch it up? I could try for 2 DDs in a row, but not sure what that does? Thoughts, input, suggestions? TIA!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

Question: I'm scheduled for a DD on Sunday. It's Superbowl and we're heading to our friends for a party. I could *try* for a DD, but that's gonna' be a really tough thing to accomplish. Would you suggest just doing a MD that day, or can you switch it up? I could try for 2 DDs in a row, but not sure what that does? Thoughts, input, suggestions? TIA!!
You could either just do two UDs in a row and have a DD on Monday, or you could insert a MD on Saturday to make Sunday an UD.

Friday = DD, Saturday = MD (60% calculation from the website), Sunday = UD, Monday = DD.

Two DDs in a row doesn't seem to help weight loss any and can actually stall you if it's too much stress on your body.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #424
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am not deserting the ship but I am going to my son's graduation from Officer school and will be gone until the weekend or later. I might not even stick to strick rotations while I am traveling but probably will since it is such a habit for me now. Anyway, GA here we come.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Adi, congratulations to your son!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Here is a picture of my sweetie, Jaxen. He was watching me eat my 90 calorie lunch. I don't know how to insert the photo from my tablet
http://i.imgur.com/w2W321c.jpg
Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/25/2012
Julie, do you know about how many calories you were eating previously (on a daily basis)? Also, doesn't muscle weigh more? Since your exercise is lifting weights, I would imagine you are putting on muscle mass, which I think makes your weight loss pretty impressive! I know it probably doesn't seem like that much to you, but I think that most of the JUDDD BUDDDs tend to maintain/have slower scale progress when they are lifting weights, though the clothes tend to tell a different story!
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

So adorable, Tex! Is he part Papillon by any chance?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

No, lol, he was arching his ears like that because I was taking his picture :-) he is a mini Aussie.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Aw, haha, so cute, sounds like he loves the cam! One of my pups HATES having his picture taken - he will literally look the other direction when you get it out.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #431
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
They (my cats) were lying on the rug in front of the door last night with their heads together, and I had to get a pic. Both of them looked up at the same time when I turned on the light. That's mom and son.

Tex, I giggled out loud at your pic of your pup. So sweet!!!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-29-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #432
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That is at least the second time I've posted a picture that looked fine and was later gone (deleted?). Here it is again....The Babies.
Cute Cute CUTE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Today is the end of my first week of JUDDD. I stuck to my cal ranges (500cal DDs and 1700-1800cal UDs) and have been working out 3X a week-mostly weights. I'm down 0.6lbs this first week to 156.6 today, which is still compared to the 140's where I was a few months ago. Not much of a loss, but considering I usually gain a few lbs when I start back to the gym, I'll take it .

I'm giving it a full 2 weeks of strict rotations and we'll see where I end up. I don't think I'll be able to keep this 500 cal DD as a "normal" part of my life unless they get a LOT easier. We'll see.

I think you're definitely building muscle, retaining water (from the muscle building) and really losing fat, although the scae won't tell the tale. WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I am not deserting the ship but I am going to my son's graduation from Officer school and will be gone until the weekend or later. I might not even stick to strick rotations while I am traveling but probably will since it is such a habit for me now. Anyway, GA here we come.
Adi might not do rotations??? OMG! Just kidding ya Adi. You're so dedicated, this will be a nice break for you. And congratulations to you, DH and DS on his graduation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Here is a picture of my sweetie, Jaxen. He was watching me eat my 90 calorie lunch. I don't know how to insert the photo from my tablet
http://i.imgur.com/w2W321c.jpg
Jaxen is too cute! That little face! The herding breeds are so smart and tune to us, aren't they? I had a sheltie and I swear she could read my mind!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I bet you still do the rotations, Adi. Congrats to your son, though!!! (and have FUN!)

Tex, I have a mini aussie as well. I don't think mine is really so mini, though. LOL
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hairy Mom
Stats: 178/164/135 5'3" 35yo
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: January 2nd, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That is at least the second time I've posted a picture that looked fine and was later gone (deleted?). Here it is again....The Babies.
OMG! Are they twins? Too cute.
Hairy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I bet you still do the rotations, Adi. Congrats to your son, though!!! (and have FUN!)

Tex, I have a mini aussie as well. I don't think mine is really so mini, though. LOL
you do??? Aren't they the best?? We used to have a black and white and copper, Dusty, but we lost him when he was only 3. It was very sad. Jaxen is so funny. That's so cool you have one too!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Cute Cute CUTE!

I think you're definitely building muscle, retaining water (from the muscle building) and really losing fat, although the scae won't tell the tale. WTG!

Adi might not do rotations??? OMG! Just kidding ya Adi. You're so dedicated, this will be a nice break for you. And congratulations to you, DH and DS on his graduation!

Jaxen is too cute! That little face! The herding breeds are so smart and tune to us, aren't they? I had a sheltie and I swear she could read my mind!
He. Is. A. Person. I swear! lol
he just really wants to please us, but at the same time he is such a baby
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #437
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Such lovely animals.

Cindy I see you have one semi longhaired, so gorgeous.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
You could either just do two UDs in a row and have a DD on Monday, or you could insert a MD on Saturday to make Sunday an UD.

Friday = DD, Saturday = MD (60% calculation from the website), Sunday = UD, Monday = DD.

Two DDs in a row doesn't seem to help weight loss any and can actually stall you if it's too much stress on your body.
Thank you!! I really appreciate it. We're celebrating dh's bday on Saturday, going for a trail ride then out to dinner. I think a MD that day would be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepink View Post
Julie, do you know about how many calories you were eating previously (on a daily basis)? Also, doesn't muscle weigh more? Since your exercise is lifting weights, I would imagine you are putting on muscle mass, which I think makes your weight loss pretty impressive! I know it probably doesn't seem like that much to you, but I think that most of the JUDDD BUDDDs tend to maintain/have slower scale progress when they are lifting weights, though the clothes tend to tell a different story!
I was getting in about 1700LC cals before JUDDD. I've upped my carbs a bit since doing JUDDD. I am pretty sure it's the exercise slowing down the scale. I hope my jeans reward me . Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Cute Cute CUTE!

I wish I'd taken measurements. I am pretty sure you're right. I prefer lifting weights to cardio, and think it does "more" for me. After a few weeks the water retention should subside and hopefully net me whoosh. We'll see.

Jaxen-cute pup!!

I have to say that I feel great on JUDDD. I'm taking resvers. and ptero too, and think the combination is giving me plenty of energy and clear thinking! I am hoping to get down into the 140's in a few weeks and then up my DDs for maintenance. I like that 5:2 idea too. I've got that in the back of my mind for down the road. Love it!!

We have a cute Chorkie puppy that we got my dd's for Christmas. Half Yorkie half teacup chihuhua. So cute! Here he is: El Capitan (Cappy for short) . My older 2 dogs are part beagle, all mutt . I'll post their pic too, if I can get it to upload. This was last weekend up in the snow. We enjoy sunshine and warm temps and have to go visit the snow .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1110271.jpg (18.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg boys compressed.jpg (43.7 KB, 5 views)
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hairy Mom
Stats: 178/164/135 5'3" 35yo
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: January 2nd, 2013
Just have say if no one has tried the individual serving of the wild caught fish, they are amazing! I bought them at Shaws around here and they were only $1 each! I had the salmon today (130) calories. Some of the other types of white fish were between 80-100 calories. It made me a little nervous at first, but cooked it in the oven for 15 mins and yummy!
A great up or down day treat! Perfect portion sizes too!
Hairy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #440
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Julie, your Chorkie is so cute! So are the bigger guys!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't heard of chorkie, he is so cute!!