Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Hi Katie, what an awful day!! Is am so glad your mom aunt and friends are OK. How crazy that happened! It sounds like you have a completely draining job! I can only imagine how burned out you must get on a daily basis in that kind of environment. When is your next vacation? Tomorrow will be better, and you can get back into your rotations.
I can never read either when I have stuff or worries on my mind.
It will be okay
Thank you texas. I am glad everyone is ok too. My heart hit my toes when I read that alert! My mom said she is more worried about copycats because nursing homes you can walk right in no questions asked. I used to work midnights and I hated when I had to hold the med keys. If someone wanted what we locked up bad enough they could of walked right in and found who had them. We had camera's on all the doors but they were never locked unless we were in a lock down unit. Only the lock down units are locked at all times.

Well I dont have a vacation for a few more months. I was suppose to of had one over new years week. But my clients wife ended up taken by ambulance and in the hospital for 5 days so I spent many many hours taking care of my client. I was switching off 16 hours at a time with there son. Shes been home since, but today she had a doctors appointment that her brother took her too so it was the first time in a while I was alone with her husband and he pulls this crap right away. it kind of makes me ill to think, hes doing this while his wife is sick.....so really wrong on all accounts! She has had enough of trying to figure out whats wrong with her, they cant really figure it out but are starting to get an idea of where to look now, but like I said I had to tell her what he did today......I cant stand it anymore!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #302
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
[quote=hot-in-texas;16203122]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Just an FYI: we're cutting out our home internet in a couple days, so I will not be online near as much anymore. I will still be able to check in here a couple times a week, while using the library internet though [/QU
Sometimes I WISH we didn't have internet, I would get so much more done...
We also cut out netflix tonight so we're officially totally tv free-we may end up all killing each other But, we need to get serious about paying some debt off and we didn't have a whole lot of options to cut. We did chose our sailboat over internet though, so at least during the summertime we'll be fine
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=mom23kids;16203140]
Quote:

We also cut out netflix tonight so we're officially totally tv free-we may end up all killing each other But, we need to get serious about paying some debt off and we didn't have a whole lot of options to cut. We did chose our sailboat over internet though, so at least during the summertime we'll be fine
I wish I could cut it all off too. Well maybe not so much in the winter cause I refuse to do much if its cold, snow and or icy. December through March around here if you see me outside its a rarity!!! But summertime, if I could I would. I dont think my kids remember how to play outside! Tv isnt what it used to be so I dont think I would miss that so much either. I do know what ya mean about cutting bills. Mine are as low as I can get them at the moment. I cant wait til hubby's paycheck start coming in and I can remember what its like to go to the grocery store and buy foods I like, not just whats on sale! I miss having those little thing that make you happy.....like v-8 juice! I love that for breakfast but I have not had it in months cause its a cost that I can apply else where. Hate having to think like that but you do what you have to do!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sara, sorry you won't be around as much, but I totally understand the cost cutting. Good luck getting that all in order!

Tanya, oh my gosh. I am so sorry you had such a rough day. I can only imagine the sheer panic you must have felt for your mom and the others. Thank goodness they're all okay and they caught the guy. As for your client, eww. That is just completely out of line. I admire you for even wanting to try to work it out. Hopefully his wife will have some solutions that will work. She must be absolutely furious at him.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #305
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
[quote=hot-in-texas;16203122]
Quote:
Just an FYI: we're cutting out our home internet in a couple days, so I will not be online near as much anymore. I will still be able to check in here a couple times a week, while using the library internet though [/QU
Sometimes I WISH we didn't have internet, I would get so much more done...
I would probably just watch more t.v.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #306
Big Yapper!!!!

[quote=Katiebubb;16203151]
Quote:

I wish I could cut it all off too. Well maybe not so much in the winter cause I refuse to do much if its cold, snow and or icy. December through March around here if you see me outside its a rarity!!! But summertime, if I could I would. I dont think my kids remember how to play outside! Tv isnt what it used to be so I dont think I would miss that so much either. I do know what ya mean about cutting bills. Mine are as low as I can get them at the moment. I cant wait til hubby's paycheck start coming in and I can remember what its like to go to the grocery store and buy foods I like, not just whats on sale! I miss having those little thing that make you happy.....like v-8 juice! I love that for breakfast but I have not had it in months cause its a cost that I can apply else where. Hate having to think like that but you do what you have to do!
Tanya!You had a hell of a day yesterday, girl!! I am so sorry for all that stress you had to endure. What a nightmare, and I'm so glad everyone is ok at the nursing home. I can't imagine what that must have been like! As for your client, boy oh boy. I know you hate to quit working for him, but I hope if you have to continue that his wife can sort him out. Thinking of you.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #307
Established

[quote=Librarygirl;16203378]
Quote:

I would probably just watch more t.v.
Tv's now gone too I think I better add more books to my tbr list, because I'm going to be doing a LOT of reading this year
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Boy! Maybe I can get you a voluntary position at my job.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:40 AM   #309
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Oh Boy! Maybe I can get you a voluntary position at my job.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
[quote=mom23kids;16203384]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post

Tv's now gone too I think I better add more books to my tbr list, because I'm going to be doing a LOT of reading this year
When my kids were small(6 and 9), I voluntarily turned off our TV for a month. We didn't have internet then. It was the best thing I ever did for our family, should have stuck with it..
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Bummer Katiebubb
I'd me finding me another client.
One that shows ALOT of respect, not constant stress.
Life is short, u deserve better.
Has he had brain surgery? If not maybe he needs it. Smile
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #312
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Katie, I'm thinking of you today. I sure hope there's some resolution to this, as I know you've been dealing with this for far too long. My heart is aching for you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

thank you dawn! as soon as I got to work my boss had coffee made and we sat down to talk. I got to tell him how creepy all this is to me. that the purpose of me here is to help him in daily tasks. that I will not now or ever fullfill his fantasies. his wife apologized and told him she was disguised by this behavior of his. that no woman should have to go to work and deal with this, exspecially in my situation where it's just me over ten hours a day. if he continues with this she will consider a nursing home environment for him. he said well I said I was sorry it should be done. I said no none of this should of happened in the first place and I am sorry doesn't make it right. then he said he doesn't remember doing this stuff and she said bull carp and went off on him. needless to say I am having a much better day. I did tell them if he starts this again I will have to look for another job. she said she understands but it won't come to this again and she went back to yelling at him.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Well, it sure isn't ideal, but at least you have the full support of the wife. That is big. He sounds like a guy with many issues, and all you can do (or should have to do) is deal with his physical basic care. Good for you for being strong and assertive when you needed to be!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Wow, Katiebub, sorry you had that happen to you I'm so glad your mom is okay, scary stuff for sure.

This guy that you take care of, are you like a home health aide? I've done that kind of work before, and had a similar thing happen to me too. I wonder if it's a hazard of the job? It does sound like he's a little out of it since he pulled that stunt while you were obviously distressed.

Try not to take it too personally and just be matter of fact with him. Kinda like one has to do with a child. Here are the boundries, you may not cross them or this is the consequence.

I hope you're feeling better today
Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Has your client had a stroke or something?

A friend of mine's father had a stroke and afterward he said/did a lot of sexually inappropriate things. I think he got better, but for a while it was like he was a child with a grown-up's libido and had to learn manners all over again! Apparently he said some really inappropriate things about me, but it was in Polish so I didn't understand!!!

PS--Not trying to make light of your situation...being alone with somebody who acts like that, whether they are aware of how wrong their actions are or not, would be frightening and disturbing. I just hope he is mentally competent enough to remember this talk, how he upset you, and the consequences if he messes up! Good luck with everything. <-- unless you don't want a hug!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-18-2013 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: PS
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

thank you all! yes I am home health nurse. yes he had a stroke. I have been doing this for 20 years and it is a hazard of the job. this man's stroke was over 4 yrs ago an I have been here with him pretty much since he got home from extended care. he has always been this way.....flirty....even before the stroke so I don't believe the stroke changed this much. I have known this family over 10 yrs. he's pretty good at using his stroke as an excuse when he needs too! he was answering his wife's comments, then he all of a sudden. couldn't remember! he is fully aware of what he does no matter what he pretends! I think he pulled that stunt while I was upset thinking I would fall for it. sure sounds like it when he and his wife were aurging about it!

it just upsets me most that he and his wide are family friends. their grandkids are my kids ages they live next door to us and used to play together. we rent the land we live on off their son who has been a friend of my hubbys since child hood. that's the whole thing of this situation. if I was made to be the bad guy, I had a lot to lose. that's why I just dealt with it for so long. but enough was enough!

lol Jenny....he speaks stuff in polish too......only my grandparents were from Poland and I understand him!!!!! a hug is perfect lol! your post made my day!

Last edited by krow134; 01-18-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #318
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Has your client had a stroke or something?

A friend of mine's father had a stroke and afterward he said/did a lot of sexually inappropriate things. I think he got better, but for a while it was like he was a child with a grown-up's libido and had to learn manners all over again! Apparently he said some really inappropriate things about me, but it was in Polish so I didn't understand!!!

PS--Not trying to make light of your situation...being alone with somebody who acts like that, whether they are aware of how wrong their actions are or not, would be frightening and disturbing. I just hope he is mentally competent enough to remember this talk, how he upset you, and the consequences if he messes up! Good luck with everything. <-- unless you don't want a hug!
The same thing happened with my dh's great uncle-he had a severe head injury after being hit by a car on his bike and afterward, during recovery, he acted like he was 16-saying things that no 80 yr old man should ever, ever be allowed to say His wife was appalled, but the doctor said it was normal after having such an intense brain injury
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
this man's stroke was over 4 yrs ago an I have been here with him pretty much since he got home from extended care. he has always been this way.....flirty....even before the stroke so I don't believe the stroke changed this much. I have known this family over 10 yrs. he's pretty good at using his stroke as an excuse when he needs too!

Oh...well...sounds like he's just being naughty, then!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #320
Established

Well, I ended up getting a cell phone through Verizon yesterday This is the first cell phone I've ever had lol. We joined in on my mil and sil's family plan and are getting a really good deal. We also splurged at got a data package so I will still have internet yay! So I'll still check be able to check in here everyday

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-20-2013 at 04:19 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

When I was in my early 20s and started my first job, my co-worker would tell me stories about her father who had alzheimers. He would frequently say inappropriate sexual things in front of the wrong people, so it must be a fairly common phenomenon. I hope you are able to be comfortable in your working environment from now on!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Katie, that sounds miserable, I'm so sorry! I'm glad to hear you spoke up for yourself & the wife is now on your side & aware of what's going on. What a horrible predicament for you to be in, especially being family friends!

Sara, awesome!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well, I ended up getting a cell phone through Verizon yesterday This is the first cell phone I've ever had lol. We joined in on my mil and sil's family plan and are getting a really good deal. We also splurged at got a data package so I will still have internet yay! So I'll still check be able to check in here everyday
Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

I have done this type of work for years and years and it does happen alot with men and woman when their older. In my schooling they taught you how to deal with it. Its was just a situation of friends, family, and it all mixed wrong. But I am sure it will all end up fine. He was mad at me but I told him when I left friday evening when he said I shouldnt of told, I told him he shouldnt of done it and only had himself to blame and if he does it again, I will tell again. Then I walked out. Give him something to think about!

Oh well life goes on......hopefully better than it has been for awhile now!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
DW has to have a breast biopsy on Feb. 1st. I'm trying not to worry since this will be the 3rd biopsy and the first 2 were nothing, but her mother died at 52 from breast cancer and aunts on both sides of her family have died very young of this as well. Anyone who feels inclined to say a prayer... it would be apprciated.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hairy Mom
Stats: 178/164/135 5'3" 35yo
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: January 2nd, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
DW has to have a breast biopsy on Feb. 1st. I'm trying not to worry since this will be the 3rd biopsy and the first 2 were nothing, but her mother died at 52 from breast cancer and aunts on both sides of her family have died very young of this as well. Anyone who feels inclined to say a prayer... it would be apprciated.
My prayers are with your family. I hope God sends healing energy your way.
Hairy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Sending a ton of positve energy to her I hope and pray it goes well.
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thanks ladies
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Absolutely! Prayers & lots of your way!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!