Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Good morning! Feeling a little this morning as after a really good DD yesterday, I woke up to a 1.2 lb gain on the scale this morning. I didn't go over on my UD either . blah
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I've had that happen, too, Texas. I'm sorry. One time I had the scale go down after an UD, though. (that was nice!) Hang in there! I had a 60 cal DD yesterday and just my normal after DD drop this morning. I know how maddening it can be! (the scale lies, though! Good things are happening in that bod!!)
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I've had that happen, too, Texas. I'm sorry. One time I had the scale go down after an UD, though. (that was nice!) Hang in there! I had a 60 cal DD yesterday and just my normal after DD drop this morning. I know how maddening it can be! (the scale lies, though! Good things are happening in that bod!!)
Thank you flutter. If you don't mind me asking, what is your normal DD drop? And does it stay that way until after your UD.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
KEIRA To be in 2nd grade and loves learning. NOW COOL!
IM curious. Her name, it's the first time hearing that name...where did ya get it?
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tex, it varies, really. After an UD, I can stay the same, or go up 1-2#. Sometimes it's even 3#! Then after DDs, I can stay the same or go down 1-2#. I have my Nov, Dec & Jan weights all in the various daily weight threads if you want to check them out. This month is weird for me since I had the stomach flu thrown in, so I've been going between 3# all month. You'll see a pattern emerge soon for you and it'll make it easier!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry for all the sickness.
I was wanting to say how my pool orientation went yesterday.
IT WAS WONDERFUL. So glad I went.
In the water we weigh nothing!
Was nice to be there, although I told ME not to stay over 30 mins in the pool.
but I didn't listen. In there an hour, just dog padding, jumping jacks! All good fun.
NO laps, I'm not there yeT, hope to be though.
When I tried to swim my knees BARKED. Today only tad sore in my arm joints, the day is young though. I'm looking forward to be a water rat.
I wore my winter running leggings, running top. all polyester or spandex. SO I'm set with clothing for the pool. No bathing suite for me, LOVE THAT. I have bs but they are not comfy, just me.
It was all so freeing.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Tex, it varies, really. After an UD, I can stay the same, or go up 1-2#. Sometimes it's even 3#! Then after DDs, I can stay the same or go down 1-2#. I have my Nov, Dec & Jan weights all in the various daily weight threads if you want to check them out. This month is weird for me since I had the stomach flu thrown in, so I've been going between 3# all month. You'll see a pattern emerge soon for you and it'll make it easier!
Thank you! I just saw the weigh in thread and added an entry, will be a good way to keep track
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #278
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Good morning! Feeling a little this morning as after a really good DD yesterday, I woke up to a 1.2 lb gain on the scale this morning. I didn't go over on my UD either . blah
Sorry you're not feeling well Tex. Yes, the bounce is unpredictable sometimes, although Flutter is right, you'll begin to see your own patterns soon. But......just when you think you know your pattern, it'll go upside down on you for a day or two.

I think it's Adi who says that while she was losing, she would bounce up after a DD and down after an UD. Like she had a 2 day lag rather than 1 day. Just remember all the good healing and repair that's going on, and remember to try new sizes of clothing. Carly just reminded me to check smaller clothing often when the scale isn't moving, because she missed some sizes thinking she wasn't shrinking!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #279
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I keep forgetting to check in here more often Need to catch up!

I had another fun trip to GW this morning I bought the cutest (size 8!!!) black dress-it's very simple with an empire waist and flutter sleeves. I then found a pair of bright redish orange shoes with a flower emblem at the toe and I'm going to pair the two up with a pair of black leggings I have Dress was $5 and the shoes were $4 and looked brand new yay!

I've also been looking online at different fitness centers in my area because I'd love to start getting serious about toning/do some strength training, but ouch-those places are expensive! I'm just going to have to get serious about doing stuff at home I guess. I did have a friend just ask me to walk in our big local race this spring. Most everyone I know runs the 5K (or the longer marathons that take place that day), but I didn't know they had a 5K walk-very cool I told her I'd definitely be up for that and I'm also thinking about asking her if she'd like to start walking a couple times a week. We both signed up for the walking/running club at our church on Wednesday nights, but then we found out that we were the only walkers. Running is HUGE in our area, so we're definitely the odd ones out We did it a few times but it felt awkward because the runners in the group would keep lapping us Maybe if we did it on our own though, it wouldn't be so bad?

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-16-2013 at 08:06 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
I keep forgetting to check in here more often Need to catch up!

I had another fun trip to GW this morning I bought the cutest (size 8!!!) black dress-it's very simple with an empire waist and flutter sleeves. I then found a pair of bright redish orange shoes with a flower emblem at the toe and I'm going to pair the two up with a pair of black leggings I have Dress was $5 and the shoes were $4 and looked brand new yay!

I've also been looking online at different fitness centers in my area because I'd love to start getting serious about toning/do some strength training, but ouch-those places are expensive! I'm just going to have to get serious about doing stuff at home I guess. I did have a friend just ask me to walk in our big local race this spring. Most everyone I know runs the 5K (or the longer marathons that take place that day), but I didn't know they had a 5K walk-very cool I told her I'd definitely be up for that and I'm also thinking about asking her if she'd like to start walking a couple times a week. We both signed up for the walking/running club at our church on Wednesday nights, but then we found out that we were the only walkers. Running is HUGE in our area, so we're definitely the odd ones out We did it a few times but it felt awkward because the runners in the group would keep lapping us Maybe if we did it on our own though, it wouldn't be so bad?
size 8 black dress, how wonderful! congrats!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Sorry you're not feeling well Tex. Yes, the bounce is unpredictable sometimes, although Flutter is right, you'll begin to see your own patterns soon. But......just when you think you know your pattern, it'll go upside down on you for a day or two.

I think it's Adi who says that while she was losing, she would bounce up after a DD and down after an UD. Like she had a 2 day lag rather than 1 day. Just remember all the good healing and repair that's going on, and remember to try new sizes of clothing. Carly just reminded me to check smaller clothing often when the scale isn't moving, because she missed some sizes thinking she wasn't shrinking!
well, that's good to know! I am not throwing in the towel, but I don't like my scale very much
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

MOM23kids
Please pleas don't miss out of the chance to walk in a group, large, small docent matter.
U will get to much energy doing so!
My s n law felt like u, 5 ish years ago.
It lasted about 1 min in the game!
Runners are all at different levels, I beat ua they didn't start out at where they are now in the speed.
When I stopped running I wasn't fast, by no means. When I started walk/jogging I was very please to be OUT THERE with them.
My group of runners/joggers, we root each other on.ANY Rns I've been in, strangers will cheer u on. Even when ur walking!
It's very exciting. TO have a experience runner to cheer u on and say (Good job) to this day still brings strength and happiness in my heart.
Being in a group of people with the same interested is just tooooo awesome to pass?
Think about please.
Its very contagious.
Terri
Old 01-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
HotinTexas, you are not alone today...for the first time since I started I showed a gain of one pound...ooh...to say I was disappointed is accurate...not sure what happened..but I know it does happen..I do remember having a bun on my UD, that had gluten ..so I don't know if that caused it or not...I am back at it today...going to try to do another potato dd...Im not going to complain because I don't know what happened, can't wait to see that scale going the right direction again...patience is the word for me today.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #284
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
But......just when you think you know your pattern, it'll go upside down on you for a day or two.

I think it's Adi who says that while she was losing, she would bounce up after a DD and down after an UD. Like she had a 2 day lag rather .
So true about the pattern. And yes, I have a two , three or even four day lag on bouncing up. I get punished on the weekend for a bad Monday or Tuesday.
And I am currently back to losing after UD's again. So strange but JUDDD is like that. My bounce is usually a steady 2 pounds or more. Right now it is 1 pound or less so that is new for me. But then I just went back to WLM mode from maintenance and I am losing a little more.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tex, I'm complaining with you today! Stomach flu started me out this month, followed by rough to get through down days this past week, and now 3# bounce after UD to get me back to my Dec end weight. Oh yeeeehaw and yippeee skippy!

(that's me venting)

Back to your regularly scheduled chat now.... Good morning everyone!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello I am jumping in. Just started JUDDD three days ago.

A litte intro. My name is Melanie. I'm 34 years old. Married with two girls. I have had great success with Atkins and have lost 70 lbs since last January. Only to gain about 30 back in a 6 month hiatus. As of the first of the year I recommitted. I did good on induction for a week and half and then Sunday had ham at a get together. Without even thinking about it and that it was honey glazed. The sugar threw me right out of ketosis. Monday A.M I went to the refridgerator and nothing sounded good. I decided to make it an UD and go from there. I figured if I can't get the hang of it and counting calories after two weeks I will go back to atkins but really wanted to try this. So here I am.. My UD # is 2078 and my DD is 416 at 20%. I am going to stick to 500 for the first two weeks though like suggested.

Here are my menus so far.
1-15 Ok so by my calculations I am at 579 for my first DD.
Atkins shake (160)
3 onion rings from kids lunch ( 90)
sugar free jello (10)
2 tbsp of redi whip (15)
1/2 cup of beef stew (203)
3 green pepper slices
1 tbsp of ranch dip

1-16 UD
Atkins shake (160)
Plain bagel with butter (372)
iced caramel latte lite (80)
no bake cookie (102)
1 and 1/2 pizza hut breadstick with cheese with sauce (315)

D:garden salad with french dressing (190)
and a 3 oz piece of pizza bake. (409 according fitnesspal recipe builder)
1 breadstick with cheese (125)
1 piece of personal pan pizza (158)
1911 for first UD

1-17
B: Coffee with 2 tbsp of half and half (35)

Fellow JUDDERS.... how does this look?

Is there a cutoff that you should eat on your UD's. Do to visitors and then having to put kids to bed I didn't eat until about 9:30 last night. Is that too late?

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy2Be - I am a believer in protein for DD's. I start my day with one egg and coffee with HWC. Sometimes HB eggs for L and D. OTher times broth and nothing else.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #288
Established

Just an FYI: we're cutting out our home internet in a couple days, so I will not be online near as much anymore. I will still be able to check in here a couple times a week, while using the library internet though
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Will miss you Sara! Check in as often as you can, hun.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #290
Big Yapper!!!!

I AM FREEZING. I have been freezing all week. UD/DD it doesn't matter. I sit at the computer with a stocking cap on. My house is not cold. The thermostat says 76 degrees. I brought an electric heater in to help me keep warm. I am cold at work too. I keep turning the thermostat up. Thank goodness it only operates the heat in my office and I still haven't gotten warm.
Sure hope this means I am losing weight. If I was getting sick it would happened by now. My turtle neck and sweatshirt and lined pants aren't helping. I went through the freezing on DD's a long time ago so this surprises me. I am drinking hot tea and I don't even like hot tea but it is helping. BRRRR!!
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hmmm, what part of TX are you Adi? Just curious. My family lives in Ft. Worth & Pflugerville. As far as freezing, I think it has a lot to do with my own energy and heat. Some days I work strictly at the pc and I freeze. Then the next day, I am up and working on my feet all day and I am fine. I drink hot drinks on DD no matter whether I am up and running or sitting.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #292
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It must mean you are losing, Adi! I haven't gotten over the DD shivers yet, myself. Just came out of a smoking hot shower and finally feel warm.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Mon23kids
Thankful for wifi!
Yes thinking mcd. Starbucks, etc. wifi everywhere!
See u around!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #294
Big Yapper!!!!

I am in Central Texas East of Austin and it has been colder here. BUT I can't get warm no matter what I do. Would be nice if it was a sign of fat leaving. Thank goodness for the dog since she tries her best to keep my feet warm when we go to bed. I think she is cold too.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I AM FREEZING. I have been freezing all week. UD/DD it doesn't matter. I sit at the computer with a stocking cap on. My house is not cold. The thermostat says 76 degrees. I brought an electric heater in to help me keep warm. I am cold at work too. I keep turning the thermostat up. Thank goodness it only operates the heat in my office and I still haven't gotten warm.
Sure hope this means I am losing weight. If I was getting sick it would happened by now. My turtle neck and sweatshirt and lined pants aren't helping. I went through the freezing on DD's a long time ago so this surprises me. I am drinking hot tea and I don't even like hot tea but it is helping. BRRRR!!
Me too!! Its really cold and snowy today, I have my electric blanket on HIGH. I expected it though, especially on a DD.
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
omg omg omg what a day I had...........I dont know whether to cry or punch something....uggghhh

Was at work reading my kindle and I have a news app that went off. Opened it to read about a gunman in a nursing home shooting. Turns out its where my mom, aunt and a bunch of my friends work (I used to work there ages ago too!). Luckily after all the facts were in they stopped this guy before anyone got hurt but he had guns and knives in his car. I guess he walked up to one of my friends and said today is the day I shoot and kill people. OMG how scary!

Well you know I am in a panic cause I was worried about my mom I went running for my phone to call her just to hear her voice, and my client started his crap.....he grabbed me and tried to pull me into him saying some day we will.........I started screaming at him and physically had to remove his hand from me. Then he started into he has bad thoughts about me he cant help it.........well I had enough. I told his wife! She was so upset at him that she said tomorrow when she can get herself together we will all sit down and talk. Oh thank god.........finally she is listening to me about this! I will start my conversation tomorrow with....I am here to care for him health wise and nothing more!!! I am sorry but its so gross to me, I am younger than his youngest child.....its kinda creepy! I told his wife I felt bad that I screamed and literally smacked his hand off me, but he wasnt hearing NO! I hope we can get this resolved or I have no choice but to quit. I dont feel comfortable there these days and today was sooooo far over the line with him! Its been way to long with this behavior anyways......I came home and told my hubby and his face went completely red and he was just speechless for a while. He told me he will stand behind me no matter my decision if I quit or try to work it out. Then you know he had a few choice words about my client that I cant really repeat here. Gosh I love him!

I wish I can just sit and read some more of my book, but my mind is so wired today that I just cant sit long...I hope I can fall asleep....I just had to tell someone all this to get it all off my mind for the night.....needless to say my DD became an UUAAD!!!!!! I keep shoveling stuff in my mouth without thinking today.........oh well.....

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Is there a cutoff that you should eat on your UD's. Do to visitors and then having to put kids to bed I didn't eat until about 9:30 last night. Is that too late?
Welcome, Melanie!

There may be some of us that follow cut-off times, or eating windows, but I generally try to hold off as long as possible for my afternoon snack, then eat my dinner meal about 4 or 5 hrs later. Once in a while, I get the hungries close to bed time, so I make sure to keep very low cal snacks (like mini dill pickles or SF jello) around just in case I need a 'nightcap'. On a good DD I manage to keep under my allotment by 20 or 30 cals in case I do wind up needing that later snack.

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
--Lily Tomlin

The Quest: Toward Spark-Free Thighs!!

The Blog
Rayne_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #298
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Mon23kids
Thankful for wifi!
Yes thinking mcd. Starbucks, etc. wifi everywhere!
See u around!
Unfortunately I don't have a device that uses wi-fi
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
omg omg omg what a day I had...........I dont know whether to cry or punch something....uggghhh

Was at work reading my kindle and I have a news app that went off. Opened it to read about a gunman in a nursing home shooting. Turns out its where my mom, aunt and a bunch of my friends work (I used to work there ages ago too!). Luckily after all the facts were in they stopped this guy before anyone got hurt but he had guns and knives in his car. I guess he walked up to one of my friends and said today is the day I shoot and kill people. OMG how scary!

Well you know I am in a panic cause I was worried about my mom I went running for my phone to call her just to hear her voice, and my client started his crap.....he grabbed me and tried to pull me into him saying some day we will.........I started screaming at him and physically had to remove his hand from me. Then he started into he has bad thoughts about me he cant help it.........well I had enough. I told his wife! She was so upset at him that she said tomorrow when she can get herself together we will all sit down and talk. Oh thank god.........finally she is listening to me about this! I will start my conversation tomorrow with....I am here to care for him health wise and nothing more!!! I am sorry but its so gross to me, I am younger than his youngest child.....its kinda creepy! I told his wife I felt bad that I screamed and literally smacked his hand off me, but he wasnt hearing NO! I hope we can get this resolved or I have no choice but to quit. I dont feel comfortable there these days and today was sooooo far over the line with him! Its been way to long with this behavior anyways......I came home and told my hubby and his face went completely red and he was just speechless for a while. He told me he will stand behind me no matter my decision if I quit or try to work it out. Then you know he had a few choice words about my client that I cant really repeat here. Gosh I love him!

I wish I can just sit and read some more of my book, but my mind is so wired today that I just cant sit long...I hope I can fall asleep....I just had to tell someone all this to get it all off my mind for the night.....needless to say my DD became an UUAAD!!!!!! I keep shoveling stuff in my mouth without thinking today.........oh well.....
Hi Katie, what an awful day!! Is am so glad your mom aunt and friends are OK. How crazy that happened! It sounds like you have a completely draining job! I can only imagine how burned out you must get on a daily basis in that kind of environment. When is your next vacation? Tomorrow will be better, and you can get back into your rotations.
I can never read either when I have stuff or worries on my mind.
It will be okay
Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=mom23kids;16202897]Just an FYI: we're cutting out our home internet in a couple days, so I will not be online near as much anymore. I will still be able to check in here a couple times a week, while using the library internet though [/QU
Sometimes I WISH we didn't have internet, I would get so much more done...