Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   December Maintenance Results (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/792442-december-maintenance-results.html)

Zib 12-31-2012 10:43 AM

December Maintenance Results

I did the best I could with rotations during December and from the 19th on pretty much ate as I pleased with a few moderate days mixed in.

Result? I'm .2 of a pound LIGHTER than on the 1st. I can't think of a December where I didn't gain back everything I lost during the year plus a few more. There was one year where I made it through Christmas without a gain and then went nuts for a few days between Christmas and New Year's and gained several pounds. This is just amazing to me. I enjoyed chocolate and carbs and champers, but did try to maintain an 8-hour eating window with 16 hours of fasting. Perhaps that helped? Today I don't eat until noon and have lots of crockpot Buffalo-style pulled chicken breast in the fridge.

Back to serious rotations now and hoping to lose another 2 or 3 pounds in January. We shall see, but in the meantime as my cholesterol is so improved, I'm very happy. I love ADF/JUDDD!

mom23kids 12-31-2012 10:47 AM

:high5:

Eieio 12-31-2012 10:54 AM

Nov 26th restarted JUDDD. Wt 150#
Dec 30th===141.2#
9 ish lbs.
I m very pleased.
starting the new year with less of me!

Eieio 12-31-2012 10:55 AM

Sorry wrong topic!

Zib 12-31-2012 10:59 AM

No way is it wrong, Eieio - your December of holiday parties and family eating resulted in a major loss. Fantastic!

KeirasMom 12-31-2012 05:41 PM

WTG! I lost, gained, lost. ;) If you can maintain in December, you're doing great!

Carly 12-31-2012 06:23 PM

I maintained too! I'm actually pretty blown away! I said I wanted my December bounce to be 135-138lb. Today I was 137.7.

I saw 134 twice this month- purely accidental, but I'll take those kind of accidents!

Lyric's Mom 12-31-2012 07:05 PM

Everyone's doing really well! I decided to experiment since I made goal earlier this month. I am such a foodie and love it all...fats, carbs, sugars, meats, you name it. (Oh and a few veggies thrown in to balance things out!) lol Anyways for the past three weeks I've been maintaining at 110 by doing a 5/2 plan. Basically JUDDDing only on Tuesdays & Thursdays and stuffing myself crazy on the other 5. I can't believe it's working! Even after my four dat fests, the scale is always at 110 the next morning! I'm sooo happy. Hoping its not a fluke and that I can continue to maintain this way - it's so doable!

Lyric's Mom 12-31-2012 07:07 PM

Four DAY fests (not dat) Stupid phone

Carly 12-31-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyric's Mom (Post 16162947)
Everyone's doing really well! I decided to experiment since I made goal earlier this month. I am such a foodie and love it all...fats, carbs, sugars, meats, you name it. (Oh and a few veggies thrown in to balance things out!) lol Anyways for the past three weeks I've been maintaining at 110 by doing a 5/2 plan. Basically JUDDDing only on Tuesdays & Thursdays and stuffing myself crazy on the other 5. I can't believe it's working! Even after my four dat fests, the scale is always at 110 the next morning! I'm sooo happy. Hoping its not a fluke and that I can continue to maintain this way - it's so doable!

:notwrthy::notwrthy::notwrthy:
Seriously, that's amazing. I want to be you when I reach goal!

Lyric's Mom 12-31-2012 09:42 PM

Thanks Carly! I've been following your posts for a while (I lurked a bit). You caught my attention because I think you're a doll and we're both in the shorties club! lol Before I found JUDDD I was battling my 20 lbs of extra baby weight for a year and a half. Then in 4 months of JUDDD it was gone & now I'm a happy maintainer--so happy to start the year off this way. And congrats to you!! You must be SO proud of your accomplishments--you've done so great & your so close to goal! You've been an inspiration for sure!

Eieio 01-01-2013 08:12 AM

Not to toot our horns, but.
TOOT-TOOT!
JUDDD is amazing! Smile

Carly 01-01-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyric's Mom (Post 16163153)
Thanks Carly! I've been following your posts for a while (I lurked a bit). You caught my attention because I think you're a doll and we're both in the shorties club! lol Before I found JUDDD I was battling my 20 lbs of extra baby weight for a year and a half. Then in 4 months of JUDDD it was gone & now I'm a happy maintainer--so happy to start the year off this way. And congrats to you!! You must be SO proud of your accomplishments--you've done so great & your so close to goal! You've been an inspiration for sure!

Thank you! That was very sweet. We don't have as many short buds as tall ones, that's for sure!

Kissa 01-02-2013 05:43 AM

I am delighted with my December maintenance. In fact for the whole year!

I weigh a a couple of pounds more today than a year ago, but I have had days under that weight this past month too.

JUDDD is the best way of eating I have ever found. I don't knock other methods, but the freedom of JUDDD is a miracle for me.

Lyric's Mom 01-02-2013 07:57 AM

That's great Kissa! I lovd JUDDD and its flexibility too. Was wondering, do you include exercise as part of your maintenance or strictly JUDDD rotations?

Kissa 01-02-2013 08:24 AM

In theory I do aerobic and Zumba classes 3 times a week but have been so remiss lately. I never count my exercise calories because I don't work that hard to be honest. At my age I respect my body.

As soon as I get rid of this cold I'll be back to my workouts.

Lyric's Mom 01-02-2013 10:13 AM

Thanks for your reply. Was just wondering how essential it is for maintenance. I'm now doing deep breathing & isometric exercises in the morning before work/school/droppings daughter to daycare. I used to power walk (which I loved) but with the weather & schedule changes I've had to change to the breathing. I've only just started but am feeling some positive benefits. I don't count the calories either because Im not certain how much I'm burning but as long as I keep JUDDDing, I don't think it matters too much.

Kissa 01-02-2013 10:20 AM

Sounds like a good plan. At least you are doing what you can.

LoCarbGal 01-02-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyric's Mom (Post 16165901)
Thanks for your reply. Was just wondering how essential it is for maintenance. I'm now doing deep breathing & isometric exercises in the morning before work/school/droppings daughter to daycare. I used to power walk (which I loved) but with the weather & schedule changes I've had to change to the breathing. I've only just started but am feeling some positive benefits. I don't count the calories either because Im not certain how much I'm burning but as long as I keep JUDDDing, I don't think it matters too much.

I'm curious about what kind of deep breathing exercises you do. In the past I've done Oxycise and BodyFlex. I've also just done breathing exercises from Pam Grout's book Jumpstart Your Metabolism. Even Tony Robbins recommended breathing exercises at one point.

Lyric's Mom 01-02-2013 12:30 PM

I'm doing Greer Childer's Body Flex from her old book "Be A Loser". I actually did it like 15 years ago and I had amazing benefits. I didn't really use it for weight loss back then because I was barely 100lbs back then, but I used it to firm & tone up. After a few weeks, my friends & fam thought I was working out with weights because I got so cut and my arms & legs had beautiful tone & muscles. Plus I remember my energy level & strength being drastically increased. I don't know why I quit or how come I forgot about it, but my mom just started doing it again & asked if I wanted to be her BF buddy. I've heard Oxycise is good too but since Im already familiar with BF Im sticking to that for now. Hasn't been a week yet but I swear I can feel the difference. I also think its a great compliment to JUDDD, especially modified 5/2 version. How do you like your program?

LoCarbGal 01-02-2013 12:40 PM

Yes, I really liked BF too. The only thing I wondered about was the holding of the breath. I don't know if that could be not so good for blood pressure. I never felt bad doing it though. I like Oxycise. It's gentler, but somehow, I like doing the BF better.

I have to admit, I'm not doing any of it right now. I do stop and take several deep in and out breaths from time to time, but no real routine. I need to get back to it.

Great news that you're already seeing the results! WTG!