Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
I'm So Messed Up

I feel so much better eating low carb, but I only seem to lose consistantly with calorie restriction.

December brought out all my excuses. I have had an abundance of everything and feel like crap. Now I am dithering about LC or JUDDD and to tell the truth it needs to be both.

I am just not sure I have the stamina to do it. I have to get this weight off and making excuses isn't making me feel any better.

Todays DD will come in around 600 calories, not great, but I can lose with that amount if I stick to it.

Help me believe in myself again... my self confidence is gone.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
((((Sally)))) I know how you feel. So far I am doing ok NOT doing LC with JUDDD, but I noticed that I had several wooshes in the past few days by eating LC along with JUDDD. The truth is, I'm so LC'd out, I don't WANT to do both! I may lose slower, but I think I'll be happier in the long run. What about you? Can you do a moderate LC or a few LC days thrown in your week and a few higher carby days so you don't feel so resentful? Maybe there's a good balance that will help you keep your momentum & still not feel icky? I am rooting you on! I KNOW there's an answer that will work for you! You can TOTALLY do this!!!!!!!!!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BTW, you are NOT "messed up"!!! You are just trying to figure out what works for you! Embrace it and work with yourself, don't talk crap to yourself! Figuring it out and losing slower now really does work out much better in the end. Again, you CAN do this!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Melinda-

Thanks, moderate carb is doable... at 40ish carbs I can still have winter squash and occasional sweet pot. I just have to get my mind back in the right place.

I hate feeling so whiney and needy. I wish I could put food in the fuel catagory, but for me it is still comfort and pleasure . I will beat this...yes I will.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I get it, Sally, I really do. I am a rebel after awhile and just tired of the game...so I stop! I don't even know what gets me going again, but suddenly I just am. I always have hope, though. You WILL do it! Don't think you're whiney & needy! We've all been there. You're in good company my dear! Woo woo, it'll work, one step at a time!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sally!

I'm going to join you in going lowerish carbs after New Years too. I'm all carbed up from about Thanksgiving on, and I miss my meat and cheese! I think your plan is perfect. No reason to go all the way to Induction levels. Including a few starchy veggies and some fruit is a healthy low carb, and won't feel as restrictive.

I'll be right there with you! We can do this!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Sally, dear juddd bud, is it possible it's not confidence but loving yourself that's the real challenge? I was never ever able to take weight off and keep it off for good until I tamed the self-hating monster within. As soon as I decided to love and care for myself no matter what, it became possible to forgive and support myself through all the inevitable setbacks that occur anytime you take on a difficult task. Changing habits is HARD, fighting factors beyond our control like metabolic challenges and genetic tendencies is even harder. For me, compassion and acceptance paved the way for change. Maybe for you too?
wishing you peace on your path,
--patty
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dear Sally please don't feel bad that you had an indulgent December, look around you and you will see that you simply did what almost all the world has done. O e of the hardest things for us to learn is that 'normal' people do this too. But they don't beat themselves up and assume that they will never lose the holiday weight, they simply revert to 'normal' eating about now, and slowly they lose the extra pounds, probably without even looking at the scales.

Easy to hate them, yeah? But wiser to learn from them.

If you really enjoy eating LC then as you have already heard, it is entirely compatible with JUDDD. Loads of JBs do this and get the benefits of both. What is good is that you don't really need to do induction to get started. Simply drop the carbs to your chosen level, and 40/50 sounds bearable, and the rotations will do the rest for you.

You are already committed I can tell. This is the place to come and tell us how you feel, we will always be here and never judge you. Not one of us here hasn't felt this way, once or many times. Some of us have the monster in check, and as patty so wisely says, step one is to accept yourself for the wonderful unique being you are.

You are worthy of your own love and respect. A 600 cal DD sounds amazing to kick off you winning journey. Never think you are whining, we all need to share the scary thought.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #9

I just saw on the daily weight thread that you are only up ONE little pound which will probably be gone by the 1st.

You are doing great, most of the world has added 10 lbs in December!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Sally!

I think it is called eating exhaustion - many of us over-indulged - many of us ate things that make us feel tired or sick - most of us are past ready to return to the eating format that feels best. But our bodies are screaming for treats. You have probably had insulin surges which have triggered other hormonal compensations. I am 100% with you - it feels awful and it is depressing. But it is not the end of the world.

Since you feel better eating LC, drop the carbs that are highest on the glycemic index - stick to carbs from veggies (winter squash is my idea of heaven). Stop the insulin surges by watching carbs both DDs and UDs and everything else that is currently out of whack will normalize. As this happens, you will feel happier and more in control. (It sounds like I am talking to you, but I am actually reminding myself - this has been a season for wild eating.)

Don't try to begin at the end. 600 calorie DDs are great...even a bit more if you need it. Just stay somewhere in your 'lose weight' range.

You body will quickly start producing our beloved SIRTs again. With SIRTs bubbling around inside you, and normalized hormones, in a few DDs you will find it easy to begin reducing DD calories again. And you will feel better/happier.

Only gained one pound? Awesome. Body out of whack even so? It happens. It will be alright. Hugs.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I've also come to realize that high amounts of carbs are my enemy-I literally can see what they do to my body because I bloat up like the Marshmallow Man on Ghostbusters I think some of us are just more sensitive to carbs and we have to learn how to work around that (I'm still trying to figure it out myself).

You're not messed up-you're just learning how your body works, which takes time
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
I've also come to realize that high amounts of carbs are my enemy-I literally can see what they do to my body because I bloat up like the Marshmallow Man on Ghostbusters :
That would be me today. Hard to type due to puffy fingers. Will I ever learn???
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm starting to feel yucky myself, but instead of panicking I'm just really looKing forward to the New Year and getting back on tract with my WLM rotations. You are not alone and we are all here cheering you on!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Sally, I can completely identify with the frustration you are feeling,..I wasn't able to rotate well when I had all the company...then a couple of days ago I was even secretly afraid that I could not get back on track..I worried a lot about that..then I said..however I have to get back on track, I want to do it...so I picked a time period, even using my sleep, inorder to do a fasting day..I'm feeling better now about my chances..I think we all have times that we think..oh this is not going to work...But, if you look around..it IS working for so many people and it will work for us...I think it's ok to express your concerns, talk about how you feel...this is the most supportive group of people I have ever found.,.they are succeeding, and they want us to succeed also....hang in there, do what you need to do for yourself, we are going to do this.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Hang in there Sally!

I have gained 10 pounds this month from all the carb-filled indulgences. Yes they were delicious while I was eating them, but you are right that all that is left is the feeling of "crap".

Although I have gained weight, this month has motivated me to get back on rotations and stick to lower carb UD in order to feel the great benefits this WOE gives you.

Get that motivation back into gear because you can do this!!! and all the JBUDs are on your side!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/225/130
WOE: It changes every week :(
Sally I feel the same!!!! I feel amazing eating low carb, but I am not losing any weight. And calorie restriction is one of the best ways that I personally lose weight. I have lost 60 lbs in the past with calorie restriction and exercise. I could have written your exact post....

I can't decided with route to go. I did low carb in the beginning of december, and switched to LC/JUDDD, then tried doing higher carb JUDDD, and now I'm back to LC and not losing anything. I am just all over the place...I am a mess right now!

I think after New Years I will do moderate carb JUDDD and just stick with it no matter what! Because all in all, I just absolutely love JUDDD and the flexibility it provides and I can see myself maintaining with JUDDD much more easily than LC.

I also plan to start a rigorous exercise program after the new year. 2013 is my year to get to goal!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I can't decide which***
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I just saw on the daily weight thread that you are only up ONE little pound which will probably be gone by the 1st.
Where is this "daily weight thread"? Can anyone join?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yes Chantal! Join us over there, it's very enlightening!

December Daily Weigh In

There'll be a new one for January in a couple of days.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I have so much trouble losing weight that I seem to need as many "tools" as possible: low carb plus restricting protein plus counting calories plus doing JUDDD plus eating very clean (primal), so I'm doing all of them at once. That approach means that I have to be very vigilent in weighing, measuring, and tracking everything, and plan ahead, but I feel wonderful and am losing weight at an unprecedently good pace for me (averaging 6 pounds/month instead of zero or one pound/month).

Something I like about JUDDD (among many things) is that I'm very conscious of the quality of the food I eat. I chose lowcarb/highfat/moderate protein items that have lots of nutritional value (bone broth, liver, grassfed butter, organic cream, salmon roe) and that I really love, for my up day meals. I guess it helps that I don't especially miss sweets or starches, but the longer that I don't eat them, the less I want them.

Anyway, that's just to say that it's very possible to combine JUDDD with low carb or nutritional ketosis, if that's what makes you feel best. That's just what works for me--I hope everyone finds the combination that works best for her.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #22

Chantal we look forward to seeing you over there. it is so good to realise that we are not alone in our struggles. We lose, we stall, we gain, But we watch for the trend, and JUDDDers generally see a downward trend. Over the holidays this may not be obvious, but ...

This is not a race. We keep on keeping on. And we have to remember we only diet half the time.

THe New Year is almost with us and we will overcome!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
I have so much trouble losing weight that I seem to need as many "tools" as possible: low carb plus restricting protein plus counting calories plus doing JUDDD plus eating very clean (primal), so I'm doing all of them at once. That approach means that I have to be very vigilent in weighing, measuring, and tracking everything, and plan ahead, but I feel wonderful and am losing weight at an unprecedently good pace for me (averaging 6 pounds/month instead of zero or one pound/month).

Something I like about JUDDD (among many things) is that I'm very conscious of the quality of the food I eat. I chose lowcarb/highfat/moderate protein items that have lots of nutritional value (bone broth, liver, grassfed butter, organic cream, salmon roe) and that I really love, for my up day meals. I guess it helps that I don't especially miss sweets or starches, but the longer that I don't eat them, the less I want them.

Anyway, that's just to say that it's very possible to combine JUDDD with low carb or nutritional ketosis, if that's what makes you feel best. That's just what works for me--I hope everyone finds the combination that works best for her.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
Sally, dear juddd bud, is it possible it's not confidence but loving yourself that's the real challenge? I was never ever able to take weight off and keep it off for good until I tamed the self-hating monster within. As soon as I decided to love and care for myself no matter what, it became possible to forgive and support myself through all the inevitable setbacks that occur anytime you take on a difficult task. Changing habits is HARD, fighting factors beyond our control like metabolic challenges and genetic tendencies is even harder. For me, compassion and acceptance paved the way for change. Maybe for you too?
wishing you peace on your path,
--patty
I LOVE this. I think this has been my path for the better part of 2012 and while I did not break any landspeed records for weight loss, the things I learned about myself have been invaluable! I believe this is what is allowing myself to keep on keeping on.

Sally~ be kind to yourself You are not messed up! The season of eating brings out the "excuses" in all of us and it's perfectly ok. You are continually looking forward, planning, and figuring out how to go about seeing yourself to goal...know that this component is huge, it is the way you will get to the end. So, you've had a few stumbles along the way, it's perfectly ok! Did you learn something from it? Even better! I say you do whatever makes you feel better..lc with Juddd, lc without Juddd, just Juddd w/ moderate carbs..whatever makes your insides feel better. You are in the driver's seat, the one in control. Keeping your eye on the prize doesn't equate to having to run the race the entire way. Stop and enjoy the journey alittle bit, I guarantee you'll love it and learn a lil something along the way. The key is to keep moving *forward*, and constantly striving, you are WAY ahead of the game vs. someone who runs at breakneck speed to get to the finish line and didn't learn a dang thing. I know it's hard to accept slower losing and having to practice patience you never thought you'd have, but I think you will love the outcome. You will discover that you are wonderful and well-deserving of all the awesome things that are yet to come! Slow & steady wins the race! And just think, we're all here with you enjoying the journey and losing weight too!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Great post, Danielle!! All of you have valuable advice, and I appreciate you starting this thread, Sally. I also have had many fears about dieting and failure. I have felt that I would not be able to get back to my DD's after the holidays, but I now feel very strong about it, although I am allowing myself to wait until the 2nd for the next strict DD. Carbs or no carbs seems to be the prevailing question for JUDDDers. I think it matters not a whit, as Cindy (Kissa) would say. Whatever works best for you, JUDDD will take care of the rest.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
Thank you all. This is a very good thread. We all feel the same and I think it's because we have dieted and failed. This program is a way of eating that is meant to be lived. Every time we fall we get back up and we have help to stay there. I learned tonight that it won't happen over nite and that I am now finally getting excited to find out how this way of life will help me become healthier and more forgiving when things (of my own making) happen. Now on to the New Year and all the good things that go along. May we all become healthier and happier and hopefully we can weigh less in the process...Happy New Year!!
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Thanks all of you. I have some seasonal depression this time of year and it makes everything seem overwhelming.

I won't quit ...but it sure is hard to get the mental stuff under control.

Today I am marinating some bite size pieces of beef, pork, and chicken in different spices. Tomorrow I will cook these and freeze them in zipper bags. Then I will have a variety for salads, stir frys, and DD protein bites. Just shake out the amount you want. That will take away some of the dithering.

It has not been a very high UD. I did buy the ingredients for cream cheese clouds. so will make those tomorrow too.

Once I get an ON PLAN week or two behind me my emotions will level out (till the next time). LOL

I need to start walking, that always helps beat the winter blues.

I will do this...yes I will.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:43 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Have you had your D levels checked? I found out a few years ago that, even if I spend hours in the sun without sunscreen, I don't make much D. About a week after I started supplementing, some of my seasonal 'opportunities' vanished.

I always keep protein (in bite sized pieces) cooked and ready to grab. Sometimes one or two small bites are enough to calm a raging hunger storm.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Have you had your D levels checked? I found out a few years ago that, even if I spend hours in the sun without sunscreen, I don't make much D. About a week after I started supplementing, some of my seasonal 'opportunities' vanished.
I second this motion! Women especially seem sensitive to low Vitamin D levels, and these days they're referring to D as more of a hormone than a vitamin. I used to go to those tanning booths in my 20's, which were terrible for the skin but great for my winter blues. These days I just supplement my D with cod liver oil and the improvements have been great.

Quote:
Once I get an ON PLAN week or two behind me my emotions will level out (till the next time). LOL
You can do it halos! That feeling of being in control is the best thing in the world. I've been failing miserably at combining low carb and JUDDD, partially I think because for me to enjoy eating low carb, I generally have to have it be high calorie, which makes it hard to stick to JUDDD UD calories. But moderate carb seems infinitely doable. Sometimes it feels like a really long journey to figure all of this out, but it'll be worth it in the end!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Sally, you've lost 4 lbs in December. Do you realise how awesome that is?!?

If you can lose 4 lbs in the middle of the prolonged mad foodfest that is Thanksgiving-into-Christmas, I reckon you can do absolutely anything!

Thanks for sharing. You've had some great advice from the LC JUDDERS. I hope you're soon feeling more positive. All will become much easier once the holiday food is dealt with and routines recommence.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote