Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
, Sally.

I've been trying to lose weight for 30+ years. And not just a few pounds I'm talking 60-80 lbs. Three things had me moving downwards:

1. Diet pills.
2. Weight Watchers (half a year to lose 15 lbs.)
3. JUDDD (both non-low carb and low carb)

Being that I'm climbing on the wagon again, I've been flip-flopping between doing a low carb version of JUDDD and not. Doing it because I do feel eating low carb is better for me. Not doing it because I know I AM going to partake of very non-low carb foods from time to time. I've been wondering if just getting the weight off isn't more important - at least initially - than trying to do both.

Sad thing is that I was beginning to lose while combining the two before my surgery last summer. So I know I can low carb - until the holidays hit. I've tried low carb versions of everything but I gravitate and will always gravitate to the regular pecan pie! And frankly, I'm sick of beating myself up because of the "food isn't the main focus of the holidays, barbecues, family get togethers, etc." stick that hangs over my head. In my family, it simply is a part of the various occasions. I'm with you - food is comfort and pleasure no matter how much I wish I could look at is as only fuel.

Anyway, if you managed to lose a few pounds over the last several holiday weeks, then you are should be doing cartwheels!!!! You're doing something right!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Just want to hug Halo and agree with Nilla and others! JUDDD is an amazing plan and very healing to our metabolism. I think the longer that you JUDDD, the easier it is to decide what fits your needs and makes you feel the best.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Location: I am always mobile. iPad/iPhone and fat fingers. I promise I didn't let my 3 yo type my post :)!
Gallery: Haycyn
Stats: 172/147/122
WOE: VLC/LC 172-150, juddd 150-144/122
Start Date: 09/12
I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words in this thread. I didn't hit carb fest/feeling craptastic until the last week. I really needed these pearls.
Haycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
, Sally.

I've been trying to lose weight for 30+ years. And not just a few pounds I'm talking 60-80 lbs. Three things had me moving downwards:

1. Diet pills.
2. Weight Watchers (half a year to lose 15 lbs.)
3. JUDDD (both non-low carb and low carb)

Being that I'm climbing on the wagon again, I've been flip-flopping between doing a low carb version of JUDDD and not. Doing it because I do feel eating low carb is better for me. Not doing it because I know I AM going to partake of very non-low carb foods from time to time. I've been wondering if just getting the weight off isn't more important - at least initially - than trying to do both.

Sad thing is that I was beginning to lose while combining the two before my surgery last summer. So I know I can low carb - until the holidays hit. I've tried low carb versions of everything but I gravitate and will always gravitate to the regular pecan pie! And frankly, I'm sick of beating myself up because of the "food isn't the main focus of the holidays, barbecues, family get togethers, etc." stick that hangs over my head. In my family, it simply is a part of the various occasions. I'm with you - food is comfort and pleasure no matter how much I wish I could look at is as only fuel.

Anyway, if you managed to lose a few pounds over the last several holiday weeks, then you are should be doing cartwheels!!!! You're doing something right!
I'll always remember reading an article about Jada Pinkett where the interviewer asked her about how she stayed so uber slim. She replied, "I only eat for fuel." THAT is dedication, pure and simple. So not me.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'll always remember reading an article about Jada Pinkett where the interviewer asked her about how she stayed so uber slim. She replied, "I only eat for fuel." THAT is dedication, pure and simple. So not me.
Nor me .. And it seems such a simple thing to do!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote