Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Re-committing to weightloss in 2013

December was a maintenance break for me and I was able to do that effortlessly, but come 2013 I have to recommit to weightloss so I can get to goal and again enjoy maintenance.

I'm going to try to get back into some good habits like:
Drinking plenty of water and home brewed green iced tea

I will try to drink coffee only on UDs and try to limit diet soda to 1 glass no more than 2x per week.

I would like to get into an exercise or toning routine.

What are you going to start or get back to in 2013?
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Love the new avi Carly, you look gorgeous!

December turned out to be an exercise in maintaining for me too, though as a test of JUDDD's effectiveness it was pretty impressive.

I'm intending to keep my UDs down nearer to the 1500 they're supposed to be until I've lost the last few pounds. I've already discovered than maintaining should be quite easy - just want to do it half a stone lighter!
Flossyliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
December was a maintenance break for me and I was able to do that effortlessly, but come 2013 I have to recommit to weightloss so I can get to goal and again enjoy maintenance.

I will try to drink coffee only on UDs and try to limit diet soda to 1 glass no more than 2x per week.

Right now I'm working on getting back into weight loss mode, after a free for all eating holiday While I gave myself permission to go off plan for a few days, I thought I'd be able to jump right back into weight loss mode afterward. What I wasn't expecting was the cravings that have been hitting me, especially now that I'm sick and I want to load up on comfort carbs and sugars So, starting today I'm on the potato hack, to try and reset my brain I hope a few days of bland/mono-eating will give me a clean slate, to start the new year off on the right foot

And I also want to start a toning regiment in 2013 too-as soon as I'm over this bug I'm going to start working on my stomach!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Good idea Sara! I am also having a hard time getting back into DDs. I think I am going to do a few super low carb days (meat/egg fasts) until those carb cravings are gone. Then back to losing for January!! Can't wait!

I am so happy to have found this forum
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post

And I also want to start a toning regiment in 2013 too-as soon as I'm over this bug I'm going to start working on my stomach!
Do you have any tricks other than standard chrunches? Those are hard for me with my spine issues.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Do you have any tricks other than standard chrunches? Those are hard for me with my spine issues.
I don't know what I'm going to do yet-I have lower back problems that tend to flare up if I do any kind of on the ground exercises, so I may have to get creative with what I do
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A trainer told me a long time ago that when walking you should suck in your stomach (like tighten it) for 20-60 seconds at a time to strengthen and tone the stomach muscles!

Its kept with me, and I try to do it as often as I can!! You really feel it after a nice long walk!

Last edited by angie1; 12-29-2012 at 02:12 PM..
Old 12-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

oh and the plank pose!! This strengthens both abs and back!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Angie! I can surely do the sucking it in while walking- I don't know the plank pose, but will look into it.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
After multiple failures, I've come to realize that I don't do well eating a lot of carbs. They trigger cravings, and I end up eating a lot of junk and falling off the JUDDD wagon. For 2013, I'm making a commitment to stick with low carb using my allotted calories for UD & DD and hope that I see better results.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: October 1st 2012
I want to start doing some form of exercise. I have been doing JUDDD about 12 weeks and am yet to do any exercise, I'm so lazy.

I also want to start sticking to my UD allowance set my the calculator on the website. Since losing weight my UD cals (and also DD's) have lowered when entering my new stats on the website... I am still going OVER my UD cals that were set 17+ lbs heavier.

I would love to be at or close to goal by June/July just in time for summer if we get one.

Start weight 219.25 lb - UK size 22/24
Current weight 174 lb - UK size 16/18
Goal weight 147 lb - UK size 14
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
The goal for 2013 is to stick to my rotations and continue to lose weight. The biggest piece that terrifies me to no end..... exercise. I KNOW I need to do it but have procrastinated, put off, ignored..well, there are no more excuses. I have taken time off from school and all that is left is to work on ME. I just need to get it through my fat head that this comittment is worth it...*I'M* worth it. The idea of actually possibly being AT goal by this time next year is mind-blowing to me..through diligence with clean eating and exercise I can get there.. WOW!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carlye
Stats: 120kg/108kg/TBA
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2013
I'm looking forward to kicking off my JUDDD journey on New Year's Day!
I have some very lofty goals for 2013.
1. This will be my 40th year of existence, and I have always sworn I will never be fat at forty! So goal weight in 201 days here I come!!!
2. I will be training for the Tough Mudder to compete with some people in August. A 20km obstacle course is going to require some pretty high level fitness, so training starts on NYD.
3. Hopefully this will be the year I make a baby, before my hormones, eggs and uterus give up on me. Fingers crossed

Carlye
Carlye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Yes you can, Danielle,..I believe you are determined , and that's a big part of the battle, I think..I can't do much exercise besides walking...I may get out my little trampoline and give that a try.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlye View Post
3. Hopefully this will be the year I make a baby, before my hormones, eggs and uterus give up on me. Fingers crossed

Carlye
Don't give up. I had my only child when I was forty after being told I would never have children. I had a lot of respiratory problems and my doctor sent for allergy testing. I was allergic to 6 foods including wheat. Got off those foods and took allergy shots for two years. One year later only son appeared on the scene. School nurse told me my body chemistry probably changed after getting off the allergy foods. I had to agree that it had something to do with it.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:

Me, too!! I restarted JUDDD with a DD on 12/26, and then the next DD, yesterday, caved while making a cheesecake for my family's gathering today. So I have decided to just wait and restart 1/1/13.

I have also given up coffee on DD's (much prefer it with lots of HC), and now I only drink Coke Zero if I'm out--I don't buy it for home anymore. And I've decided I have to restart exercise--going to start using my Yoga tapes, and get back into it slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Right now I'm working on getting back into weight loss mode, after a free for all eating holiday While I gave myself permission to go off plan for a few days, I thought I'd be able to jump right back into weight loss mode afterward. What I wasn't expecting was the cravings that have been hitting me, especially now that I'm sick and I want to load up on comfort carbs and sugars So, starting today I'm on the potato hack, to try and reset my brain I hope a few days of bland/mono-eating will give me a clean slate, to start the new year off on the right foot

Oh, this is me, too!!!! I thought I was going to handle this better (I did handle it well last year, I don't know why I caved this year). I'm so happy other people have posted this, I was starting to feel down, thinking I'm the only one, I really appreciate hearing from everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1 View Post
Good idea Sara! I am also having a hard time getting back into DDs. I think I am going to do a few super low carb days (meat/egg fasts) until those carb cravings are gone. Then back to losing for January!! Can't wait!

I am so happy to have found this forum
I also think that adding in bread/pasta on my Up days are creating a problem for me. Thanks for posting--nice to know I'm not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
After multiple failures, I've come to realize that I don't do well eating a lot of carbs. They trigger cravings, and I end up eating a lot of junk and falling off the JUDDD wagon. For 2013, I'm making a commitment to stick with low carb using my allotted calories for UD & DD and hope that I see better results.
Couldn't have said it better. That's me as well.

Thanks, everybody. I maintained a weight of 130 for almost a year, planning on losing the last 10 to get to 120, then lost it at the end of the summer, gained 10 pounds, so now I have 20 to lose, and I just can't seem to get on this JUDDD bandwagon. I think when I finally get back to a no or limited grain diet, I'll do much better.

Nice to know you guys are here!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
wtg carly on making your commitment! I have faith that you will reach your final goal in no time this new year. I too am 're committing, gonna get back to where I was and closer to goal!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I am going to do my best to do LC both on DD and UD. I just feel better when I stay off the sugar and other white stuff. I've been having more than usual these last couple weeks, but now I'm back on rotations and will focus on the food that is good for me. I want most of my food to be fresh and organic.

I also have to do some exercise. I will start with 20 minutes every day and work myself up to at least an hour three days a week.

For all of us who hate exercising, let's stick together and do it! I know my body was meant to move and stay active. No more couch potato mode for me!

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Good for you, Jaylynn!!! I am, uh, not going to do that yet. LOLOL!!!! It's the tundra here. I'm cold and I know myself. I won't exercise until spring comes. (my preferred exercise is walking. Outside. ha!) I will cheer you all on, though!!!

I am committed to sticking with JUDDD and losing the weight I need to lose, though. I've said it before and probably will a million more times, but my biggest goal is just to MAINTAIN a loss. I've never been able to do it, and I've lost all this dang weight 3+ times already. I just want to stay that way this time! THAT is my goal. Learning how to maintain! Once and for all!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yes! This is a great, motivating thread. I am absolutely certain that with each others' help and support, and our own dedication to JUDDD, we can all get where we want to be next year.

I've really been indecisive about how I was going to go forward after the holidays. I thought about doing a week long potato hack, and while I don't rule that up at some point to "shake things up", I've been having a lot of luck with high fat/mod protein DDs. So I'm going to stick to those for awhile. I'll use the calories from the calculator for my current weight (well, actually it is for my weight a few pounds ago, but it seems to be working). On UDs I'm going to switch back to lowish carb, but allow myself a couple of starchy vegetables and maybe a fruit or two per week. And the occasional slice of pizza won't be out of the question. I've been alternating between my UD calories from my starting weight (2272) and from my weight just a few pounds ago (2152), and since that's working, I'm going to keep at those levels until it ain't working no more.

I want to finally start doing my Callanetics 10 in 10 DVD. I bought it in September and after a death in the family and a horrible back spasm, I never even tried it once. I'm ready now.

I dedicate myself to getting to, or very close to goal by the end of 2013.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 AM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
I'm looking forward to kicking off my JUDDD journey on New Year's Day!
I have some very lofty goals for 2013.
1. This will be my 40th year of existence, and I have always sworn I will never be fat at forty! So goal weight in 201 days here I come!!!
2. I will be training for the Tough Mudder to compete with some people in August. A 20km obstacle course is going to require some pretty high level fitness, so training starts on NYD.

Carlye
I think that's a great motivator. I also started soon after I turned 39, hoping against hope to not be fat by my 40th birthday. And you know what? I was in Onederland well before my 40th birthday in September. I hit "normal" weight earlier this month, then have bounced back up a few pounds with a trip to Disneyland, but my goal for 2013 is to lose the last 10 pounds or so and MAINTAIN! I also joined a gym yesterday and will start going. In the challenge thread, I've decided to commit to 3 days per week at the gym. That might be just a class here and there, or do some lifting or whatever, but I'm really hoping to make it a habit.

I'm struggling right now, which is totally not like me. I'm having a hard time sticking to my UD calories. I think the problem is that I feel pretty good at this weight, so I've lost some of my motivation. Here's to 2013 and renewed vigor!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacci48
Stats: 242/235/140
WOE: Judd
Start Date: August 23rd 2012
Well I am going to recommit to getting back onto my rotations and losing more weight!! I will try to start exercising as well as I know I should even though I am a lazy wotsit!!
I am having my bp and cholesterol checked in March and really hope those figures are lower than previously.
I also want to buy lots of new clothes!!
jacci48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I joined the challenge thread to try and stay accountable and kick off the new year with some good losses before V Day. I really want to lose to goal in 2013 and learn how to maintain. I am such a sloooooow loser though I will have to be very diligent to do that. I plan to be diligent, try some tweaking and be consistent in my exercise. Even if I don't lose all the weight I will be healthier. I am certainly healthier now then I was in March of 2012 when I started to Juddd. On to better health for all of us!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #24

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Great goals everyone!

I'm struggling with this. Thanks to JUDDD, I have no exercise/fitness goals except to keep doing what I'm already doing...which is hardly a goal. I don't know what to resolve to do this year.

Maybe I should resolve to quit beating myself up. That'd be a challenge.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Love this!

2013 will be the year I figure out what foods work for me and what foods don't. Not just for weight loss (because JUDDD has shown me I can lose weight eating anything if I stick to my DD's) but for health.

And I'm going to start pilates up again. I want to feel strong and healthy.

I'd love to get to my goal weight, and beyond. I'm still not sure if I'm someone who is capable of being "thin" but I'd like to find out.

Quote:
I hope this happens for you! I know you've mentioned PCOS before, and they say weight loss is the biggest impediment for women with PCOS to conceive, so you've already done everything you need to do to make it easier!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Thank you SO much for starting this thread!! Since I'm recommitting to JUDDD, I've got several things I plan to do. But, I'm also trying not to jump head first into everything at once. I confess I'm also still trying to decide about some things, such as weighing daily or not. These are the things I want to accomplish on my new journey.

1. Stick to a rotation that works for me.
2. Weigh daily (still trying to decide on this one, but will probably do it).
3. Get back on my vitamins.
4. Drink more water.
5. Track my calories better on UDs.
6. Get back to exercising.
7. Get back to eating lower carb again.

Thanks for starting this thread, Carly!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Carlye
Us Carlys must have this in common since this is a big goal for me and DW, too. For us it's obviously a little complicated and more expensive than for most people, but I worry about the PCOS. I haven't been in a position to get pregnant in about 20 yrs so I will not know if I have fertility issues till I go for insemination, but it sure worries me.

I know that being an ideal weight will help and maybe shorten the time I will have to be on bed rest due to my spine. My doctor said i should try not to have twins... I almost fainted and came back. I'm hoping I can deal with 1! He was serious when he said it, like I could control that!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #28

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Carly, between insemination and a possible need for fertility treatments, the probability of multiplies increases dramatically. Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My 2013 weightloss goal is to lose 15lbs. of fat by the first day of Spring on 3/20; to weigh 135.

Have a 20% BF. Measure 36-26-36.

Be comfortable in my own skin.

Comfortably wear my size 6 jeans again, along with short sleeve t-shirts tucked inside the waist without a muffin top.

Comfortably wear sleeveless shirts & sundresses, shorts and a bathing suit this summer.

Best Wishes on reaching all your goals in the New Year too!
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

My weight is up since the endless UUADs since Christmas Eve, and I intend to get back to signature weight then forge ahead!

Most of all, I want to remain positive, full of Jesus and His light!

Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote