Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Do you have any tricks other than standard chrunches? Those are hard for me with my spine issues.
Carly, I have back problems as well. I have spondylolisthesis in my low back. I have major issues even trying to bend over. I have found that the ONLY way I can do crunches is on an exercise ball. Actually, I have one shaped like a capsule. It is easier for me to maintain balance with my back issues. Give it a try!

Laura
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Great thread Carly, love the new pic too!

I think it was Nancy who said she only resolves about the things she can control-- I like that.

I want to drink enough fluid
take my daily vitamins
stick to my hair care regimen (trying to stop the thinning )
track my UD and DD in my tracking program

If I do those things and take care of myself, the rest will fall into place.

Oh-- I also pick a color for the year, so that any clothes I buy aren't all black This year, it's Green. (it may have been green last year too, but whatever, as long as it's not black).

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Soren, Have you tried biotin for your hair? It has done wonders for my hair, nails, & skin.

My resolution is to try and eat healthy this year and I know that JUDDD will take me to my goal weight.

As for clothes, I am not allowing myself new clothes until I get toned. I am resigned to try to be as toned and fit as I possibly can before I spend any more. I figure if Raquel Welch who is 71 Olivia Newton John (65) & Diane Keaton (65) can look fit & fantastic, then I should get my fanny in gear and try to get this accomplished this year.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
I am really ready to get going again on JUDDD and doing it within my calorie limits. No more UUAD's for me at least until 2/28 (my bday).

I keep thinking that this will take forever and I can just do what I have been doing (a lot of UUADs) but it really will take me forever if I keep doing that.

If I exercise and follow JUDDD, I should be at or near goal by my birthday. There is no reason WHY I shouldn't be able to do this. And I already know how to maintain so I should have this.

Why do I keep discouraging myself????? I keep telling myself how hard UD's are going to be! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 202.8/182.8/
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Reboot June 2014
Goals for 2013:

- keep on keeping on w JUDDD and, for the first time, track my calories on UDs too... Should be all kinds of interesting

- get moving! I don't have very high expectations in this dept- 20 mins a day for the first couple of months would feel like success for me. I plan on Pilates x3 per week and walking or Xtraining the other days.

That's it for me, for now.
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Great thread Carly, love the new pic too!

I think it was Nancy who said she only resolves about the things she can control-- I like that.

I want to drink enough fluid
take my daily vitamins
stick to my hair care regimen (trying to stop the thinning ) track my UD and DD in my tracking program

If I do those things and take care of myself, the rest will fall into place.

Oh-- I also pick a color for the year, so that any clothes I buy aren't all black This year, it's Green. (it may have been green last year too, but whatever, as long as it's not black).

S.
Could you share the hair care tips? Mine has gotten very thin, too.

I tend to pick a color also, but this helps so everything kinda goes and I don't need as many pieces. This year I did shades of blue/ green and some gold/ brown.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Good for you, Jaylynn!!! I am, uh, not going to do that yet. LOLOL!!!! It's the tundra here. I'm cold and I know myself. I won't exercise until spring comes. (my preferred exercise is walking. Outside. ha!) I will cheer you all on, though!!!

I am committed to sticking with JUDDD and losing the weight I need to lose, though. I've said it before and probably will a million more times, but my biggest goal is just to MAINTAIN a loss. I've never been able to do it, and I've lost all this dang weight 3+ times already. I just want to stay that way this time! THAT is my goal. Learning how to maintain! Once and for all!
I have maintained for a year so comfortably by simply sticking to the rotations. I have never enjoyed a year of great eating and staying slim like this since my early 20s. You will find JUDDD maintenance a doddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Great goals everyone!

I'm struggling with this. Thanks to JUDDD, I have no exercise/fitness goals except to keep doing what I'm already doing...which is hardly a goal. I don't know what to resolve to do this year.

Maybe I should resolve to quit beating myself up. That'd be a challenge.
You certainly don't need to beat yourself up lady Luna! What you have accomplished with your weight and you life is truly commendable. You are an example us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Us Carlys must have this in common since this is a big goal for me and DW, too. For us it's obviously a little complicated and more expensive than for most people, but I worry about the PCOS. I haven't been in a position to get pregnant in about 20 yrs so I will not know if I have fertility issues till I go for insemination, but it sure worries me.

I know that being an ideal weight will help and maybe shorten the time I will have to be on bed rest due to my spine. My doctor said i should try not to have twins... I almost fainted and came back. I'm hoping I can deal with 1! He was serious when he said it, like I could control that!
Wow 2 Carly/eys with BIG plans. I hope each of you succeed.

Just a word of encouragement to you all, you are all on the right track. Post here often, as has already been said, we sometimes think that our failures are ours alone but not at all, we all fail, the trick is to carry on carrying on, doing our best and believing in ourselves.

Posting on these boards is one of the kindest things you can do for yourselves. JUDDD BUDDDs are simply the best and most encouraging people I have found. You will soon get you confidence back it you come here.

The worst thing you can do is put your head under a blanket and close the world out.

Just my two pennies worth

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 01-02-2013 at 03:50 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love JBs

Sunday-- I do take biotin... I have the 5000mg, and recently upped it from 1x a day to 2x a day, though I don't always take both doses (b/c on DDs, taking morning vitamins is harder for me).

So that's something I need to stick with-- how much do you take?

Carly-- while I fully believe hair health comes from the inside out (so, high protein, lots of water, biotin is the main vitamin that seems universally recommended to help), I'm also trying to be consistent (key word) with over-the-counter rogaine for women (I got mine at Target, in the hair section, it's their no-name brand).

Now I'm also trying a shampoo/conditioner/spray system from Aveda (I think it's called invati? it's in a black bottle/tube) but I don't usually believe in hair products like this... giving it a 1 month go.

I think the rogaine and biotin are the best bets, imo.

S.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #39

Soren, have you considered eating 'dirt' (DE). I know that my hair is growing fast since starting it.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I also want to stop thinning hair. I take 5000 mg biotin per day, use Jasons shampoo and conditioner, have 2 T organic CO every day and don't see any new hair growth.

Hair loss has slowed down, but I still have some. I have been taking biotin for about two months.

Have any of you seen actual new hair growth? or just stopped the hair from falling out.

this is very frustrating!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know it sucks, eh?

My hair actually grows quickly (much to my and my stylist's dismay ) but it's the thickness of the strands, loss of new growth, etc...that's the issue.

I've not tried DE for this purpose. I have some around b/c I've given it to the dogs for intestinal purposes, and I've used the non-edible version outdoors as an insecticide.

I'll admit, it's not appetizing, but I'll start considering it
Old 01-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I know it sucks, eh?

My hair actually grows quickly (much to my and my stylist's dismay ) but it's the thickness of the strands, loss of new growth, etc...that's the issue.

I've not tried DE for this purpose. I have some around b/c I've given it to the dogs for intestinal purposes, and I've used the non-edible version outdoors as an insecticide.

I'll admit, it's not appetizing, but I'll start considering it
Exactly. My hair grows in length fast and the Jasons has made existing hair have more body and thickness.

But I don't see any new little hairs. Replacing the ones that were falling out like crazy.

The biotin and Jasons seems to have slowed loss way down. But nothing new that I can see.

Kissa, has the DE given you new hair growth? If so, I'll try it....(yuck) LOL
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #43

It did for Adi. I have no hair issues so haven't been watching that carefully but I do notice it's growing faster. My nails are much stronger and my skin texture is better all over.

Just my experience.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

I wish I could, but I just don't think I can bring myself to eat "dirt". My hair also grows long quickly, but has become very thin. I'm trying an oil of olay conditioner and shampoo, but I'm not sure it's doing much. I have biotin in the house. I'll take some tonight and try to take some every night with bedtime meds.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #45

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Happy New year indeed!

I too went into maintenance in December. Now, I would like to push to goal. Original goal was 164, but I think I would prefer to get to 154! My 2013 goal is to get there ... 154!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Jumping in to this thread!

I have 25 more pounds to lose. I've just been maintaining since March.

Goals:

1) Appetite under control by eating more veggies, less bread and sugar. I'm on the right track now. I'd love to go completely off bread, but we'll see how livable that is. Maybe it'll just be a special occasion thing. I need this so I can get back to JUDDD and not be miserable at 500 cal DDs. Right now, it's just unbearable.

2) Figure out why my body just stays at this weight. I can gain, but lose it pretty easily, but once I get to 168ish, I just stick. I've been down to 164 - ONCE in 2012 and it bounced back up within 2 days. (1) is helping with cravings and carb bloat (which I think is a HUGE problem), so I'm on the right track (I hope) .

3) Finally, I want to get down to ultimate goal of 145. I'm scared to set a 3 or even 6 month deadline...what do you guys think? I've just been so stuck at 168 that I feel like it'll never happen. Maybe I just need to *believe* - isn't that "The Secret"? Focus on it, Believe in it, and it will come true....

Last edited by DD80; 01-03-2013 at 06:42 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Jumping in to this thread!

I have 25 more pounds to lose. I've just been maintaining since March.

Goals:

1) Appetite under control by eating more veggies, less bread and sugar. I'm on the right track now. I'd love to go completely off bread, but we'll see how livable that is. Maybe it'll just be a special occasion thing. I need this so I can get back to JUDDD and not be miserable at 500 cal DDs. Right now, it's just unbearable.

2) Figure out why my body just stays at this weight. I can gain, but lose it pretty easily, but once I get to 168ish, I just stick. I've been down to 164 - ONCE in 2012 and it bounced back up within 2 days. (1) is helping with cravings and carb bloat (which I think is a HUGE problem), so I'm on the right track (I hope) .

3) Finally, I want to get down to ultimate goal of 145. I'm scared to set a 3 or even 6 month deadline...what do you guys think? I've just been so stuck at 168 that I feel like it'll never happen. Maybe I just need to *believe* - isn't that "The Secret"? Focus on it, Believe in it, and it will come true....
I think there is a great deal of merit to that. What ever we focus on gets bigger. If we are problem focused the problem tends to grow. If we are focused on the solution or on the goal that gets "bigger". I think there is a lot of proof that this mind set works and is certainly one of the main stays of Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

About Solution-Focused Brief Therapy

What is Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)?

As the name suggests, it is about being brief and focusing on solutions, rather than on problems. We learned a long time ago that when there is a problem, many professionals spend a great deal of time thinking, talking, and analyzing the problems, while the suffering goes on. It occurred to a team of mental health professionals at the Brief Family Therapy Center that so much time and energy, as well as many resources, are spent on talking about problems, rather than thinking about what might help us to get to solutions that would bring on realistic, reasonable relief as quickly as possible.

We discovered that problems do not happen all the time. Even the most chronic problems have periods or times when the difficulties do not occur or are less intense. By studying these times when problems are less severe or even absent, we discovered that people do many positive things that they are not fully aware of. By bringing these small successes into their awareness and repeating the successful things they do when the problem is less severe, people improve their lives and become more confident about themselves.

And, of course, there is nothing like experiencing small successes to help a person become more hopeful about themselves and their life. When they are more hopeful, they become more interested in creating a better life for themselves and their families. They become more hopeful about their future and want to achieve more.

Because these solutions appear occasionally and are already within the person, repeating these successful behaviors is easier than learning a whole new set of solutions that may have worked for someone else. Thus, the brief part was born. Since it takes less effort, people can readily become more eager to repeat the successful behaviors and make further changes.

Solution-Focused Brief Therapy has taken almost 30 years to develop into what it is today. It is simple to learn, but difficult to practice because our old learning gets in the way. The model continues to evolve and change. It is increasingly taken out of the therapy or counseling room and applied in a wide variety of settings where people want to get along or work together.

Insoo Kim Berg

Insoo is 1 of the founders of SFBT. It is a great way to live life- in the solution not in the problem.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Carly-thank you for sharing that. So interesting and makes a lot of sense.
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #50

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Well, I dug up this thread because I've decided to do it. I'm goin' in. I haven't truly been in weight loss mode since at maybe as far back as May, I can't really remember. I've maintained beautifully, even through my trip to South Africa, being without a scale since the end of August (I step surreptitiously on scales whenever I see them, to keep an eye on my weight).

After discussions with my husband and a lot of soul-searching, I've decided to set a new weight loss goal and see where it takes me. For right now, I'm setting it at 159, to get a taste of the 150's. This will be challenging without a scale, but since when have challenges stopped me?

Now I'm going to have to figure out how to count my up days again. Hmmm...

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Well, I dug up this thread because I've decided to do it. I'm goin' in. I haven't truly been in weight loss mode since at maybe as far back as May, I can't really remember. I've maintained beautifully, even through my trip to South Africa, being without a scale since the end of August (I step surreptitiously on scales whenever I see them, to keep an eye on my weight).

After discussions with my husband and a lot of soul-searching, I've decided to set a new weight loss goal and see where it takes me. For right now, I'm setting it at 159, to get a taste of the 150's. This will be challenging without a scale, but since when have challenges stopped me?

Now I'm going to have to figure out how to count my up days again. Hmmm...
You can do it! You've lost so much previously- this will seem like a walk in the park!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #52

Carly, I hope so! It's a mindset I have to crank my mind back into time to re-attain. We'll see if I remember how!

I wonder if I should recalculate my calories. I've still been running with the original numbers, back from when I weighed 198.

Last edited by Luna Loca; 01-12-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #53

Great Luna, if you feel you'd like to lose a little more then I am sure you will do it. My guess is the DH has now become accustomed to your new smaller self and is comfortable with you losing a little more.

Is there a scale in a local drugstore? In the UK there are sometimes Pay to Weigh scales in public places. Or you could ask your Dr if you could use their scales once a week?

Just thought, perhaps you meant a food scale.... doh!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

If it's a food scale you need I have the OXO scale that is digital, runs on a battery and weighs less than a pound. I would imagine that it's quite portable.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lychee
Stats: 140/119/95
Start Date: January 2013
I want to get to goal by June 30 at the latest. I want to get comfortable in healthy eating habits and get away from binging. Last year I was binging fifty percent of the time pretty much, when I tracked it for a few months. It's a shocker I'm not heavier. Want to fit in my sorta skinny pants by march as an interim goal.
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #56

No, I was meaning an actual scale, like to weigh myself! I'm just going to have to go on faith for a while, until I find one. My friend I'm staying with is just naturally thin, she has no scale. I'm not in the same city as my doctor right now, so that won't work. I haven't seen any pay to weigh type places, I will look as I'm out and about.

I'll just count my up days and down days as best I can and wait until I am near a scale to use to weigh myself. I'll have to use my clothes as a guide until then. Watch my muffin top shrink.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
I want to get to goal by June 30 at the latest. I want to get comfortable in healthy eating habits and get away from binging. Last year I was binging fifty percent of the time pretty much, when I tracked it for a few months. It's a shocker I'm not heavier. Want to fit in my sorta skinny pants by march as an interim goal.
Stick with JUDDD, I'll bet you'll be there...it really works!