Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
spin off: what do you want to become?

Another post got me thinking--I have become such a different person since I lost all the weight. I am more outgoing, I have lost my fear of people treating me badly since I was fat.

I have changed my way of dressing--tighter clothes and paying more attention to style, instead of what would best cover up all the fat (like I could hide it with clothes).

I have become more willing to take risks. DH and I were talking about this last night. There's no way the 300-pound woman I used to be would have taken off for South Africa, there's no way she would be living the lifestyle I'm living right now. Too scared and too timid for any of that.

I am more willing to let people love me, to let them be close to me. I used to push people away. I still struggle with that, but I think I love myself better now (and take care of myself like I love myself now) and so it's easier to let other people love me too.

Thinking about it, it's sad that it took so long to find these things in my life. I believe it took what it took, and for me, losing the weight was the key to unlock these gifts into my life.

So, what do you want to become? Or what are you already becoming? Does it have to wait for you to reach goal or can you start becoming those things today?

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Luna I could have written your words. The funny thing is I have been the last to see a lot of this, but those closets to me have said how much happier I seem. How much more self confident I appear. I have been told that my presence is "lighter" and not pound wise. I feel more out going and not as much like hiding or blending in to the background. I feel freer and seem to be "myself" more- the best me I guess. I am more energetic so that helps. I think feeling more confident at work has really helped me gain a good deal of respect over the last 6 mos or so.

Thank you for this post Luna!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #3

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Carly: confidence. Yes, that's the word I was stumbling around trying to say. I am more confident these days. A lot more.

Isn't it wonderful? I'm so appreciative of these changes, every day. I never want to go back to being how I was.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

I totally agree. I never, never want to return to that place- not physically, mentally or spiritally!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Hm this is always an interesting one for me because I'm a pretty confident/happy person - it took some years to get there, but I don't think i could be MORE confident - so the inside stuff doesn't need work. Just really the outside stuff - this summer, I'd like to be able to wear a 2 piece at the beach and not look like a busted can of biscuits. Oh and I'd like to look fresh out of a fitness magazine. Baby steps....
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Losing weight has given me a big confidence boost! I hated feeling so frumpy all the time, but now I feel much more comfortable in my skin again
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I've got a long way to go before I feel like wearing tight clothes (because they are supposed to be tight, not because they are too small, lol), or showing off my shape, but I now have hope. I too want to come out from the shadows and stop hiding. It's put a new light in my eyes, and in my heart.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Hm this is always an interesting one for me because I'm a pretty confident/happy person - it took some years to get there, but I don't think i could be MORE confident - so the inside stuff doesn't need work. Just really the outside stuff - this summer, I'd like to be able to wear a 2 piece at the beach and not look like a busted can of biscuits. Oh and I'd like to look fresh out of a fitness magazine. Baby steps....
LOL!! THIS made me laugh. I know what you mean, and you will get there. What is your WOE, if you don't mind sharing?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #9

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great thread! I have a long ways to go to goal, but I know I'm feeling more confident already. I think my face looks prettier, chubby but less puffy and bloated that before. When I lost before, I felt great in my skin and really confident.

Right now there are things I avoid doing/places I avoid going, because I'm embarrassed. I can't wait for that to change!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
LOL!! THIS made me laugh. I know what you mean, and you will get there. What is your WOE, if you don't mind sharing?
Gonna start JUDDD'ing in the New Year. Probably with a low-er carb approach. Sugar & I just aren't friends anymore!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
I agree with the confidence, energy and being the "best" version of yourself.

When I had gained about 40 pounds two years ago, I was miserable, depressed and didn't want to see anybody because I was so embarrassed from the weight gain. It really shook me up. I went from being outgoing party girl who loved to go out and meet new people to locking myself in my room, depressed and not wanting to see anyone.

Its very psychological. But I really find that when I am at a healthy weight -- I truly feel great both on the inside and outside, and I accept compliments and want to live my life to the fullest. THIS is what I keep reminded myself when I slip back into old habits (ahem Christmas feasts lol)
Old 12-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am one of the older JUDDDers (agewise), but I realized last year at this time, that I just want to be "healthy".

Weight loss is the natural side effect of good health. Carrying around the extra weight was hurting my heart, joints, posture, and mental well-being. I don't want to turn 55 and be anxious about my next physical. I think about my mom and how much I worry about her, but in reality she is not in bad health and may be much healthier than I! She was restricting calories long before she reached her senior years. I don't think she even knew that she was doing this, which I find remarkable.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
I agree with LadyKT.I have only recently decieded that sugar is a poison to me the more I eat the more I want. I must bid adew to the delious sweetness and find something that works to satisify me. It will take me a week to withdraw..wish me luck it starts tomorrow on a potato day.I will keep all posted.
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
This is a good thread...for the first time in a long time I thought,,what is there that I'd really like to do?..and one thing that came to mind was..volunteer work.
I can't do a lot of physical things because of my bad back..but..I don't have to have a good back in order to help someone learn to read, or..visit people in the nursing home...now things like that would make me feel useful again..thanks for starting this because it's so good to set some goals and have some hope again.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I want to become as healthy as I can possibly be in 2013. I am well on my way after losing 75 lbs over the last couple years.

I want the energy and stamina for all the activities I love. I want to stay young and young at heart.

I agree that health is the main focus as I get older. I feel confident and love myself just the way I am. For me that has come with age. Losing weight is the icing on the cake.

I am in love with JUDDD!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Slim, healthy, fit, flexible, firm and feeling fabulous.

Last edited by SlimNana; 12-29-2012 at 05:55 PM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyw/kitties View Post
I agree with LadyKT.I have only recently decieded that sugar is a poison to me the more I eat the more I want. I must bid adew to the delious sweetness and find something that works to satisify me. It will take me a week to withdraw..wish me luck it starts tomorrow on a potato day.I will keep all posted.
Good luck! I have quite a few 'trigger foods' and unfortunately, ANYTHING with sugar in it is one of them. I literally can eat an entire gallon of ice cream in a sitting, a big bag of M&Ms, cheesecakes, brownies, etc. Bags of chips are bad too. It's not "oh i'll have just one" with me. So buhbye it goes. Pizza I can do - but I have to be careful as my eyes can be bigger than my stomach with that. Not that I can eat an entire pizza in a sitting. So it may not be 'carbs' per se, but sugar. We shall see.

Add me as a friend! Facebook
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Jaylynn, I'm in love with JUDDD too .I've only been doing it about a month..but wow...as I see it work for me , and so many others, I am just so encouraged.
I want to say, also...congratulations, you have had major success..I heard somewhere on a video about IMF that this is the coming thing, and it's going to be hugely successful...I can believe that for sure...right now I am trying to come up with a system of fasting hours that my daughter could do..I am pretty sure she would not do the very low down days because of her family life..her husband is a great cook, and dinner is something she probably would not want to give up...anyway, if I can figure a way of getting her to have her regular evening meals with her family, she would do the IMF..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Jaylynn, I'm in love with JUDDD too .I've only been doing it about a month..but wow...as I see it work for me , and so many others, I am just so encouraged.
I want to say, also...congratulations, you have had major success..I heard somewhere on a video about IMF that this is the coming thing, and it's going to be hugely successful...I can believe that for sure...right now I am trying to come up with a system of fasting hours that my daughter could do..I am pretty sure she would not do the very low down days because of her family life..her husband is a great cook, and dinner is something she probably would not want to give up...anyway, if I can figure a way of getting her to have her regular evening meals with her family, she would do the IMF..
She could do Fast 5 and her window could be 4pm-9pm.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
Slim, healthy, fit, flexible, firm and feeling fabulous.

Well, put, SlimNana! That's what I want, too. And I am sooooo much closer to those goals than I was a year ago. I think JUDDD will get me the rest of the way there.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacci48
Stats: 242/237/140
WOE: Judd
Start Date: August 23rd 2012
I am in love with judd too and I feel much much happier since Ive been doing it, I dont mind having my photo taken so much now as I compare photos now with my before pics and I do look better!!
For the first time in all my 52 years I know Im going to lose this weight and in an enjoyable way as well...if I could bottle these feelings I would become a multi millionaire!!
jacci48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Gonna start JUDDD'ing in the New Year. Probably with a low-er carb approach. Sugar & I just aren't friends anymore!
I look forward to you joining us!

P.S. Are you certain that your sugar/carb issues aren't related to deprivation? I thought I would go crazy with the carbs on JUDDD and I did a little bit, but now that I can have them eod (I tend to do mostly low carb on DD), it's not so dangerous, if you know what I mean.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacci48 View Post
I am in love with judd too and I feel much much happier since Ive been doing it, I dont mind having my photo taken so much now as I compare photos now with my before pics and I do look better!!
For the first time in all my 52 years I know Im going to lose this weight and in an enjoyable way as well...if I could bottle these feelings I would become a multi millionaire!!
Me too, Jacci! For the first time ever, after years and years of struggling with my weight, this time I KNOW I will lose weight and be the healthiest I can be. I decided to try JUDDD because I read about all the wonderful benefits it gives in addition to weight loss. One of them being this peace of mind that allows me to live TODAY and not struggle and know I am doing wonderful things for my body...and my mind too!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I look forward to you joining us!

P.S. Are you certain that your sugar/carb issues aren't related to deprivation? I thought I would go crazy with the carbs on JUDDD and I did a little bit, but now that I can have them eod (I tend to do mostly low carb on DD), it's not so dangerous, if you know what I mean.
Thanks! No, i don't think it's deprivation because I certainly don't deprive myself. Carbs themselves aren't the issue - i know it's a sugar (and probably caffeine too) issue. I get shaky, gross feeling after eating sugar. I just don't trust myself with certain foods. It's like a drug addict - or an alcoholic (I should mention I was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, so i have addiction issues as is) - they just can't have one or two. Sad, but its what I have to do. I think there's been studies on former alcoholics and sugar addiction. It makes sense. I think if you googled it you could find info on it.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Back to the what do you want to become ? A skinny old fart like Hugh Hefner who is
supposed to marry a woman young enough to be his grand daughter today

All kidding aside I would like to get my stuttering under control and in ME my obesity
makes it and my sleep apnia much much worse. Funny thing I haven't heard of any other
people who stutter noticing a change when they lose or gain weight.
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Interesting discussion...and a question I am struggling with these days. I retired from a successful career, opened then closed a successful business, spend a lot of time monitoring and helping my aging parents, and I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up...I just know 60 feels way too young to stop growing.

Hmmm...I think I was born with enough self-confidence to fuel a mid-sized city. But, when my weight was up, I did dress kind of hide-it sloppy and lose interest in a lot of things. Losing weight has reawakened my interest in how I look...which translates to fascination with clothing. Hmmm...addicted to Project Runway...just discovered altered/upcycled clothing...it may be time to get the old sewing machine out and see what kind of havoc I can create on my thrift store purchases. hmmmmmm
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #27

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Back to the what do you want to become ? A skinny old fart like Hugh Hefner who is

All kidding aside I would like to get my stuttering under control and in ME my obesity
makes it and my sleep apnia much much worse. Funny thing I haven't heard of any other
That's really interesting E.W. I hadn't thought of a correlation between weight and stuttering. Keep us posted. DH has sleep apnia, and recently had WLS. I'm also interested to see if he can come off his CPAP machine at some point.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post

There may be a connection emotionally more than physically. Maybe when you are heavier you are shy or self consious and that makes the stuttering worse. Perhaps when your weight is lower you feel more self confident and the stuttering decreases. People tend to stutter more if stressed or anxoius- so maybe it's how you feel about yourself at your given weight
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Hmmm. Looks like I'm the oldest that is responding. Turning 65 this month. WOW!!!

Health is the most important for me at this point in my life. My entire family history is heart disease, diabetes and cancer and all were mostly obese - so gaining my health is the most important.

Energy and stamina will come in second. I have three wonderful grandkids that live close to me. A granddaughter(7) and 2 grandson twins(5). They always want me to play with them, and their play is running, jumping and moving - all the time. Last year, I couldn't do it(too fat and heart issues). They couldn't understand why their other grandma played with them and I didn't. Well, now I can, at least more, and they and I love it!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful question and I do appreciate having to think about it this morning.

Happy New Year 2013!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Braver. Although I think I'm reasonably courageous already, I'd like to more than reasonable. I'll be miffed if, on my death bed, I say, yeah, I gave that a reasonable go.
I'm in a significantly different career than I was a few years ago, and I'm not sure I'm applying the full oomph of my essential self to it yet. Still a wee bit afraid of exposing myself, trying my best, and failing. I'm not sure I completely, 100%, trust that I have a place in this benevolent universe. I trust the universe, but don't always have the same full faith in my talents, abilities, and my worth. And oh, oh, oh, I am so much better at this than ever before, but life is short and I want to give it everything.
Besides this, I just want to be grateful for my health, my kids, my lovely man, and Rosie the dog.
At the risk of continuing to sound like a flaky hippy chick, I really do believe that life unfolds perfectly and that my job is to choose to see that, both when it's easy and when it's hard, as far as I'm able.
Thanks for this thread, Lovely Luna.