Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Anyone else really looking forward to the new year?

I'm so happy that January 1st is around the corner! I'm really looking forward to moving past all the holiday craziness that's been going on since Thanksgiving and having a few months of calm, so I can finally establish my JUDDD rotations. I started JUDDD in November, right before all the holiday eating began I don't really feel like I've had a good start and my rotations have been all over the place, ugh. New year and a fresh start

And I'm soooo happy to start a new year and have our HSA reset We had so much medical junk hit us this year from my daughter's CT scan, my blood clot, my husband getting his 'guy surgery' to a crazy amount dental work that all hit this fall (10 fillings between my husband and two kids ). Plus all the little stuff that added up so quickly Really hoping 2013 is much calmer on the medical front!

And my mil got breast cancer this fall-we've been dealing with this since Labor Day weekend. But, she's officially done now except for frequent mammograms and an estrogen rx, so 2013 should be a cancer free year for our family

Anyone else really happy to see this year end and looking forward to 2013?

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-28-2012 at 09:02 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Oh yes, Sara! I'm with you! The only reason I'm not wishing and hoping for it is that I love Christmas and the season so much, I hate for it to be over. Not the eating part, but the spirit, the decorations, the family, the music. Our family doesn't let go until after New Year's and I love it that way.

But as far as the eating/food goes, I'm so ready for a new start with few interruptions. I'm really excited about 2013, and to see what kind of progress I can make.

It does sound like you had a really rough year! I'm glad everyone is on the mend and with sound teeth. I know how scary the MIL's breast cancer was. My mom had the same. Found it in June, lumpectomy in August, 5 days of brachytherapy radiation, and now, same as you guys, regular mammograms, doctor checks and anti-estrogen meds. She's 79 and feels great, and I hope that MIL does too.

2013, here we come!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Count me in! Bring it on!

Hope your family has an awesome & healthy 2013, Sara! (and you, too, LCG!!)
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #4

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm definitely ready for the new year, with the new me!

May this be a happy, healthy, prosperous year for us all!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
YES
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Definitely ready for the new year! I'm super excited to have time to devote to my health and weight loss for awhile while not having to worry about school or anything accept being "mom"... I am so motivated to see what changes I can bring and see where I stand at the end of '13.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
Oh my yes! Bring on 2013!!! In my mind it is already 2013 actually, lol. I'm soooooo excited for a new year and lots of weight loss. I don't plan on getting pregnant this year...so I have no reason to gain 50 lbs again!
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I'm so looking forward to spending most of 2013 being no longer obese. I'm 13 pounds away from being in the "overweight" BMI category instead, and I know I'm going to get there via JUDDD (with help from the lovely people on this board).

I hope we all have a happy, healthy 2013, full of relaxing, rotating, and rejoicing.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
I am so excited for 2013. I plan to lose the 20 or so lbs that I want to lose to be at the correct weight that is my 2013 goal right for me but mostly to be healthy. I quit smoking in 2011 in Feb and gained 30 lbs..lost 35 and gained 20 back. I need to be comfortable in my skin I like me now for my body..Happy New Year!!
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Yes!!! This month has been wonderful with family, celebrations and joy. But the foood .....eeek I really want to get back to rotations and lose this weight gain plus 20 more with JUDDD! woohoo - lets go 2013!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I'm excited, happy and apprehensive! The last part is because DH just retired! It's been stressing me out for quite a while now. I mean knowing it was coming. But now that the holidays are almost over, it's really hitting me.

We are in limbo about whether or not we are going to move. DH really wants to and I do not. He has been pushing about it lately.

Also, he is what you might call an "enabler" when it comes to food.

Every time I turn around, he is bringing home a pizza or wanting to go to a movie and getting a big bucket of buttered popcorn and sodas.

Seems like it's worse if I tell him I'm back on my plan and don't want to be de-railed. If he wants to go out to dinner and I say no, he acts like a hurt puppy and makes me feel bad.

Gosh, now that I'll have him around every single day, all the time, I'm afraid my nice calm DDs will be messed up.

One thing for sure. I'm going to tell him he needs to learn to cook and fix meals for himself!! That's something I've never done before. When he's home it's always "what's for breakfast?" "What's for lunch?" "What's for dinner?" But from now on I'm going to answer: "You tell me!!!"

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/185/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
[QUOTE=Flutter;16156787]Count me in! Bring it on!

Ditto!!
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm excited, happy and apprehensive! The last part is because DH just retired! It's been stressing me out for quite a while now. I mean knowing it was coming. But now that the holidays are almost over, it's really hitting me.

We are in limbo about whether or not we are going to move. DH really wants to and I do not. He has been pushing about it lately.

Every time I turn around, he is bringing home a pizza or wanting to go to a movie and getting a big bucket of buttered popcorn and sodas.

Seems like it's worse if I tell him I'm back on my plan and don't want to be de-railed. If he wants to go out to dinner and I say no, he acts like a hurt puppy and makes me feel bad.

Gosh, now that I'll have him around every single day, all the time, I'm afraid my nice calm DDs will be messed up...
Gosh, Yam-Yam, are you married to my DH?

Actually, mine retires at the end of January. And he can and does cook...which is a huge help to me keeping on track.

Maybe we can start a separate 'Adjusting to having better half hanging around all the time' thread? Maybe there is a 'surviving spousal retirement' forum out there somewhere!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Gosh, now that I'll have him around every single day, all the time, I'm afraid my nice calm DDs will be messed up.

One thing for sure. I'm going to tell him he needs to learn to cook and fix meals for himself!! That's something I've never done before. When he's home it's always "what's for breakfast?" "What's for lunch?" "What's for dinner?" But from now on I'm going to answer: "You tell me!!!"
Sounds like DH is a man who is going to need a hobby, and learning to cook for HIMSELF would be great. If he is willing to cook things that you can also enjoy on your up days, so much the better. Too bad some people don't seem to get that it takes just one person's participate to eat, and that it doesn't have to always be done as a couple. Good luck in coping with these challenges, and hold your ground!

My sister and I have finally gotten my brother-in-law to start cooking, by my copying out recipes and sending them, family members giving him nice cooking-related gifts (like a Le Crueset Dutch over, new knife set, cutting board, and colorful measuring cups and spoons) and lots of positive reinforcement. He seems to enjoy it now, and it's only fair, since he is retired and my sister is still working. I hope you have great success training your DH.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Am filled with both anticipation and apprehension for the coming year. Unemployment will be cut off 12/29 barring an act of congress. Even if they extend it, there may be a delay in reactivating it and my benefit year runs out in January. I am 60 y/o, single and have not been able to find a job since our store closed last January. At this point my back up plan is to do something on my own and try to get some temp jobs while building the business. Things could get pretty dicey for a while but if it works, it could be a new beginning and something I can continue for years to come. So, looking forward is not exactly where I am at the moment. Hopeful, prayerful, trying to beat down the scary thoughts would be more accurate.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
I

. When he's home it's always "what's for breakfast?" "What's for lunch?" "What's for dinner?" But from now on I'm going to answer: "You tell me!!!"
Sounds just like mine! He retired a couple of years ago. He is 10 years older. Yes, he can cook and YES, mine can clean. I still work, (love my time away, believe it or not) AND I love to cook BUT only when I want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Maybe we can start a separate 'Adjusting to having better half hanging around all the time' thread? Maybe there is a 'surviving spousal retirement' forum out there somewhere!
I will join this support group.

Wouldn't you know it, I get some time off and it snows and we are both cabin bound!?!? I can't wait till the temp rises and he is back to his outdoor man hobbies.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cici, Wishing you much success in the new year! I know how you feel and I worry about some of my family members who are also "unemployed" right now. Big hugs and I am hopeful for you.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Am filled with both anticipation and apprehension for the coming year. Unemployment will be cut off 12/29 barring an act of congress. Even if they extend it, there may be a delay in reactivating it and my benefit year runs out in January. I am 60 y/o, single and have not been able to find a job since our store closed last January. At this point my back up plan is to do something on my own and try to get some temp jobs while building the business. Things could get pretty dicey for a while but if it works, it could be a new beginning and something I can continue for years to come. So, looking forward is not exactly where I am at the moment. Hopeful, prayerful, trying to beat down the scary thoughts would be more accurate.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #19

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Cici, I'm so sorry you're facing a scary time like that! I think your attitude and idea of doing something on your own is fantastic. Good luck to you! May 2013 be a new, exciting, and lucrative new opportunity for you!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm giggling and feeling for Yam-Yam and Nancy. My father is retiring this year and my mother is beside herself! We need to find my father a hobbie ASAP!!!!! I think his cooking would be really bad... I don't think he knows how to make tuna....

If the 2 of you start a support thread you'll need to let my mother join. They already bought a house in Florida, but it's being built so they won't move for a bit.

For me I'm looking forward to the holdays being over and life being back to normal. I can't wait to see goal early on in the year and enjoy maintenance after that. My goal for 2013 is to "live life like it is a loose garment."

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm giggling and feeling for Yam-Yam and Nancy. My father is retiring this year and my mother is beside herself! We need to find my father a hobbie ASAP!!!!! I think his cooking would be really bad... I don't think he knows how to make tuna....

If the 2 of you start a support thread you'll need to let my mother join. They already bought a house in Florida, but it's being built so they won't move for a bit.

For me I'm looking forward to the holdays being over and life being back to normal. I can't wait to see goal early on in the year and enjoy maintenance after that. My goal for 2013 is to "live life like it is a loose garment."
I haven't even thought about maintaining, but I should also be hitting that point early in 2013-that's a bit overwhelming to think about
Old 12-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
My goal for 2013 is to "live life like it is a loose garment."
Really like the analagy.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Love that the new year will have a bunch of new "maintainers"! Woo woo!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
I am so ready for 2013 and to get on with it.

Cici -- I wish Washington would quit playing with people's lives. They really don't care of anything as long as they have theirs. Too bad as it hits so many people. Take care.
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carly, Love your saying and your new avi! You look stunning!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Love that the new year will have a bunch of new "maintainers"! Woo woo!!!!!
I don't know if I will be part of the "maintainers" in 2013 since I have just started and have a lot to lose, but you are absolutely right, I love seeing so many people maintaining their weight loss with JUDDD. It is incredibly inspiring
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Cici, I hope that 2013 turns out to be a great year for you. Sending you hugs and good wishes for the future.

Carly, you look gorgeous in your new Avi.

I would love to be someone who moves into maintenance in 2013, but given how slowly I lose, that may not happen. But I'm sure that I will get closer to goal and will try to enjoy the journey and that lovely JUDDD calm and the wisdom and support of all of you.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Count me in. The holidays totally shake me up (good food...even better cookies ) so on Jan 1, i'm cleaning house and only keeping good stuff in house. I have to establish some sort of 'routine' and get used to it -and isn't it 'it takes six weeks to break a habit' thing? Anyway, I have my quarterly fitness evaluation at the gym in March - had mine a couple of months ago - only lost 4 lbs and 2% body fat since Sept. No good!

I guess it's time to get and do this. Oh and the 30 by 30 still stands, but now it's more like 25 to go! It's a start

Add me as a friend! Facebook
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #29

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Cici, we're in the same boat. And I was at the grocery store earlier and saw that milk is now nearly $4 a gallon. $$$$ spendy. Hope the goofuses in Washington get their nonsense together and act like grownups for once. It would be if it wasn't people's lives they're fooling with.

Enough on that subject from me.

Financially not looking forward to the new year, but otherwise am hopeful for some new directions that I am beginning to explore. I am finding JUDDD so easy to do in maintenance and am having almost zero problems staying within my maintenance range and so I really foresee that this next year is going to be more of the same in that regard. I'm picking up the exercise again, I really want to re-join the gym because I miss the elliptical (yes, I'm weird), but that's a no-go...see paragraph 1. It is what it is.

Personally I think 2012 was pretty hard to beat in terms of successes and life events, but I'm willing to let 2013 take it's shot as being the best year ever.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:

I can relate, YamYam! I swear my hubby LIKES ME FAT. Even after I've explained several times that I only eat every other day, which of course he absolutely does not understand, he will want to go to breakfast, or brings home junk food "to share" with me. I have learned to just expect it and ignore it from him. I honestly don't think he is TRYING to sabotage me, I really think that after being married forever, he truly loves me like I am and sees no reason for change. When I've explained that my health depends on changing the way I eat, he is good for a few days than lapses back...
He is normal weight, always has been, no matter what he eats. He doesn't eat a lot though, he's a pretty average eater. So I figure thats why he just doesn't get it.
He fends for himself whenever I don't cook. He is good about that and doesn't expect me to rustle up a meal whenever I don't feel like cooking or having a DD.
Anyway, I've learned to live with the fact that he's clueless and accepts me as I am, fat or not. I saves me from going crazy...lol.

And YES I am very much looking forward to the new year. I will reach my goal of ONEDERLAND in 2013. I will pursue some new avenues of making some $$$ (maybe my spa?? lol) and will travel as much as possible. I will return to Europe hopefully for a month or two. I have a dear cousin in Munich.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!

Last edited by JayLynn; 12-28-2012 at 05:27 PM..
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote