Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Gotta stop eating now

OMGosh!

All I kept thinking Mon-Tues-Wed is: I.Can't.Stop.Eating.

Food, food everywhere, delicious food. I'm a mess!

Our house full of kids, kids-in-law, grand kids, pets, toys, happy clutter and some of the food left yesterday afternoon. It's going to take me forever to put things back in order.

Told DH yesterday that it would be my last day of mindless eating.

So far today I've only had coffee.

I put the scale away last Thursday before everyone arrived. Got it out this morning and let me tell you it is NOT pretty.

I so wanted to watch the Horizon video to get re-motivated, but darn, it's been taken off the Net, I guess. If anyone knows where I can find it, please let me know?

I'm scheduled to have my annual blood panel done next Wednesday and then my regular check up the following Monday. I'm afraid I have messed up everything with all the yummy, fattening foods I've been eating and drinking. And, I don't want to weigh more at the doctor's office than I did at my last check up but not sure I can fix what I've done in a week and a half.

OK, just popped in to vent and read some inspiring posts to get me back on track.

I am feeling very fat. But I did it to myself and I chose to do it. I had such a wonderful time and I'm not going to waste a minute regretting it. Just have to get motivated and serious and stay on track -- like I mean perfectly on track! Seriously!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sillykimmie
Stats: 223/192/140
WOE: Atkins induction!!!
Start Date: Re restart date 8-14-12
Wow, do I know how you feel!! I could have totally written this post. I have been so out of control...
I am looking forward to getting back to a normal routine, including exercise. Happy, healthy 2013!
sillykimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Yam-Yam, well today you are doing fine and that is a fine start. I have been having
food problems the last 8 months or so with today being my best day at being on a
my plan in those 8 months. My target for today is 700 calories or less and as of 2 pm
I have only had about 350. And don't you just feel like saying " gee Doc I didn't know
I gained 20 lbs but of course not being a Dr I am not qualified to read a scale "
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
But here's the question Yam-Yam - Did you have a good time? If so, then no beating yourself up!

I had 4 UD in the last 5 days so I am feeling it as well (and the scale reading this morning was scary ). Today I can say that I am truly happy it is a DD!
sdjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
You are off to a good start, today, Yam-Yam. Your blood panel is going to reflect mostly how you have been eating and what you have weighed in the recent past, but not just as recent as the Christmas holidays. If your blood glucose level is high, then consider asking for an HbA1c test, since that tracks blood glucose levels over several weeks (3 months or so, if I recall correctly.) And the folks at the doctor's office are going to be seeing lots of people who gained weight over the holidays. Be ready to report that you are on-track to take off the holiday weight gain and have already made progress on that, and I'll bet they won't hassle you.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Excellent points, Sven!

Yam-Yam, you have done and are doing great! This was a celebration that not only you deserved, but your family deserved to have you with them fully in the celebration. We're all gonna do so great come January.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I could have written your post too Yam-Yam except I had apple pie for breakfast! I have family staying with us until tomorrow and it is difficult to do a DD right now. I am rather relaxed about the whole thing which is different for me. I know that I have a WOEing that will work to get rid of the extra weight once I am back on my routine again. I am also trying to limit things a lot today so I am not too far up in pounds but so far I am not having a lot of success with that. January is going to be so much easier!!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yam, we all indulged! I did a lot of merry christmas drinks. Paying for it now!
Have you looked into the tater hack? It may not be for you, but for me, it is quite the fix.

Warning it is boring, but then DD can be as well...
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I think I know how you feel...I haven't been crazy out of control like I always was at Christmas..but...I had a lot of company and cooked more, ate out more, than I had been doing...One thing I am just starting to miss is that great Juddd feeling...and for me, I think that comes from the DD...not sure..but I think so.
I knew it would be a little bit of a setback and had decided to accept that and not get really upset about it...tomorrow will be a dd, and maybe, a potato day ..
I know that coming here and facing reality will get me back to feeling good again....let's not forget all of the great success people are having here.. I know that I need to be showing some success also, and I'm going to do my best.... thank you all for sharing what's going on with you..it helps me a lot.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
With all that was planned staring around the 24th clear through the 1st the best I could committ to was fasting till dinner most days. It will be a relief to get back to life as normal as possible, but like others said... If you had fun and enjoyed being with family and friends- have no regrets!
You, more so, than many know the slogans we live by like:
No panicking on JUDDD
Hunger is not an emegency
and the fact the 2-3 good down days shed most of the "holiday" or "vacation" weight.

Cindy's signature always makes me feel better with the statement about- It doesn't really matter what you eat between Christmas and New Year, but what you eat between New Year and Christmas! And of course her relax, rotate, rejoice!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Oh, thank god someone is posting their woes besides me! I will tell you what I've been told over and over: JUDDD forgives. Like Nancy said once, "You've eaten everything in the pantry and started on the fridge? No problem." Gotta LOVE JUDDD!!! A few DD's and everything's back on track.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #12

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Yam-Yam, you've gotten some good advice here. I'll add my voice to the chorus--relax and just jump back into JUDDD. It will be what it will be at the doctor's office, you have no control over what they think. Besides, the vast majority of Americans are up in weight right after the holidays, they must practically expect it.

A couple of good down days and you'll be fine. Please don't set yourself up by insisting that you do this perfectly, though. For me at least, that's a recipe for failure and self-loathing. But maybe that's just me.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Oh boy, yes, what Luna said!!! There is no perfect, don't do that to yourself! Boy does that kick me in the behind and quickly! You are doing great...so what if you enjoyed your family & the holidays? You are back at it, and in my book, THAT is a huge, huge success to celebrate!!!!!! Besides, no doctor in their right mind could expect great numbers directly after the holidays!!!
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I've started tossing leftovers out-I've eaten way too much of the stuff and I've had my fun-now it's time to get back on track! I may have kept the leftover mac n cheese though
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
When do you quit feeling like you're never going to have another meal.. I may not be hungery at the meal..but if it is there ..I eat it..after a few DD you are so stuffed but I find myself overeating again. I find it very frusterating...over and over..lol I can't spell either
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
I hear you too! Great advice from many long time JUDDDERS. I'm going to take their advice and look for that JUDDD calm! Hope you can too!

ETA: correct spelling!!
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
I'm so with you! I'm just hoping what everyone is saying is true, and the pounds will come back off before long. Thanks for posting honestly!
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Yam-Yam, glad you had a great Christmas with your family. We had a lovely time here. Our close friends are coming from Chicago on Saturday to spend New Year's with us. These are the people we were traveling with when I was hit.

Once they go home I will get back to more normal eating for me.

Hubby wound up with a detached retina today so many hours spent in 2 doctor's offices while they tried to repair it. We shound know by the weekend if he has to go to the hospital for more surgery. We will be so glad when this year is over with!

Hugs
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Me too .... I have been lurking.... nervous to weigh in ...
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #20

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Seabreezes, yikes to DH's detached retina! I hope they can get it repaired w/o too much discomfort. That's really scary!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Seabreezes! How awful! Praying for your DH. And wondering if your friends suspect they bring you bad luck.

Yam-Yam, I am going to offer a minority opinion. Weight gain? NBD. You know how to handle that and, once this never-ending carnival you have been living calms down, you will be able to re-dedicate yourself to losing. I believe in you!

However, it is very likely your blood panels (BG, cholesterol, inflammation markers) are all out of whack - see never-ending carnival bit above. Unless there is some urgent and immediate need to have that physical next Wednesday, my minority opinion is: postpone it a month or two. This particular 'instant in time' snapshot is probably not going to look good.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Love all the encouraging posts and sympathy ones too! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Yam-Yam, well today you are doing fine and that is a fine start. I have been having
food problems the last 8 months or so with today being my best day at being on a
my plan in those 8 months. My target for today is 700 calories or less and as of 2 pm
I have only had about 350. And don't you just feel like saying " gee Doc I didn't know
I gained 20 lbs but of course not being a Dr I am not qualified to read a scale
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post
But here's the question Yam-Yam - Did you have a good time? If so, then no beating yourself up!

I had 4 UD in the last 5 days so I am feeling it as well (and the scale reading this morning was scary ). Today I can say that I am truly happy it is a DD!
I had an awesome time! I love DDs too. Especially after crazy never-ending feasts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillykimmie View Post
Wow, do I know how you feel!! I could have totally written this post. I have been so out of control...
I am looking forward to getting back to a normal routine, including exercise. Happy, healthy 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
You are off to a good start, today, Yam-Yam. Your blood panel is going to reflect mostly how you have been eating and what you have weighed in the recent past, but not just as recent as the Christmas holidays. If your blood glucose level is high, then consider asking for an HbA1c test, since that tracks blood glucose levels over several weeks (3 months or so, if I recall correctly.) And the folks at the doctor's office are going to be seeing lots of people who gained weight over the holidays. Be ready to report that you are on-track to take off the holiday weight gain and have already made progress on that, and I'll bet they won't hassle you.
Well, I've never had high glucose levels. Not even when I weighed in at my highest. (I actually don't know what the "highest" was because for a long time I wouldn't look at the doctor's scale when they weighed me! And, I told the nurse not to tell me!) Anyway, my triglycerides have always been really low. The only thing I worry about is that my cholesterol was a little bit elevated. Doc told me to take fish oil and niacin every day and I have been really bad about remembering to do it lately. Also worried about BP because before I lost over 40 pounds I was on BP meds. I don't want to go back on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Yam-Yam, you've gotten some good advice here. I'll add my voice to the chorus--relax and just jump back into JUDDD. It will be what it will be at the doctor's office, you have no control over what they think. Besides, the vast majority of Americans are up in weight right after the holidays, they must practically expect it.

A couple of good down days and you'll be fine. Please don't set yourself up by insisting that you do this perfectly, though. For me at least, that's a recipe for failure and self-loathing. But maybe that's just me.

Great post, Luna! Great to see you posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Yam-Yam, glad you had a great Christmas with your family. We had a lovely time here. Our close friends are coming from Chicago on Saturday to spend New Year's with us. These are the people we were traveling with when I was hit.

Hubby wound up with a detached retina today so many hours spent in 2 doctor's offices while they tried to repair it. We shound know by the weekend if he has to go to the hospital for more surgery. We will be so glad when this year is over with!

Hugs
Oh, so sorry about your DH's eye problem! Hope they were able to repair it. Tell him we are thinking of him and

Every time I watch CNN or NBC when the Prez is in Hawaii I think of Chucks and Dukes because their anchor stands on a balcony right above the blue umbrellas in front of Duke's. It's a great panoramic view of the ocean, the pink hotel (Royal Hawaiin, I think is the name?) with the pink umbrellas. It's fun to watch all the people frolicking in the waves and I'm right back there in my mind lounging under one of the blue umbrellas or sipping mai tais at Chuck's!

FOX usually has the anchor stand with Diamond Head in the back round and then I think of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Seabreezes! How awful! Praying for your DH. And wondering if your friends suspect they bring you bad luck.

Yam-Yam, I am going to offer a minority opinion. Weight gain? NBD. You know how to handle that and, once this never-ending carnival you have been living calms down, you will be able to re-dedicate yourself to losing. I believe in you!

However, it is very likely your blood panels (BG, cholesterol, inflammation markers) are all out of whack - see never-ending carnival bit above. Unless there is some urgent and immediate need to have that physical next Wednesday, my minority opinion is: postpone it a month or two. This particular 'instant in time' snapshot is probably not going to look good.
Nancy: You are probably right about inflammation being out of whack. I've gotten a bit of eczema goin' on around my elbows and that had totally disappeared.

My insurance company has been bugging me and they also sent a letter to the doctor's office saying it's been a year since I've had blood work. So they want me to do it asap. I think I have put it off as long as I should.

As someone mentioned, it is what it is. I'll just have to deal with it.

Our doc called the other day to give us DH's blood panel results and they were really good. We talked again about HER weight. She is really short and has gained quite a bit of weight this year and is soooooooo frustrated! I couldn't believe it the last time I saw her. She gained about as much as I lost and she said she has gone up FIVE sizes in clothing!

She has tried low carb, WW, NS, all kinds of stuff but nothing is working for her right now. I told her about ADF but she has not tried that yet. We will probably talk more about it on Jan. 7th when I go in for my check up and get the blood panel results.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
"My insurance company has been bugging me and they also sent a letter to the doctor's office saying it's been a year since I've had blood work. So they want me to do it asap. I think I have put it off as long as I should."

As is true of all things in life, it is what it is.

Gosh, I hope you can help your doctor though - going up five sizes so fast has to be putting a terrible strain on her health! (and on all the other parts of her soul and being, as we all know too well.)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #24

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yam-Yam, I too, have had an eating extravaganza over the Xmas season. I loved my DD yesterday and today I did a potato day which ended up being another DD. Like you, I never worry about a couple of DDs now and again. I will step on the scales tomorrow and look forward to a sensible UD.

You will be fine, looking forward to seeing you posting more often.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
A couple DD's in a row once in a while really helps me get back on track. Mindset, and hunger pains. I feel good when I do it. Once every 2 months or so.
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #26

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I know this was a good idea for me today, and it was just so easy.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyw/kitties View Post
When do you quit feeling like you're never going to have another meal.. I may not be hungery at the meal..but if it is there ..I eat it..after a few DD you are so stuffed but I find myself overeating again. I find it very frusterating...over and over..lol I can't spell either
I can relate. I think that humans evolved to see food and put it in our mouths, as hunter-gatherers in scarce times, and the environment has just changed more than our instincts.

I'm finding that eating set meals--big or small--and no "snacks" really helps me with that "I'm in the kitchen so I'll pop that XXX in my mouth" habit. Another phrase I run through my mind is something I read on the lowcarb friends board: "If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer," to help me avoid eating just out of boredom or habit or emotionally. And the longer I do JUDDD, the less I see hunger as a big, scary problem, so that helps, too. I hope you find this easier and easier over time, grannyw/kitties.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post

Hugs
I hope that the ordeal with DH's detached retina ends as quickly and painlessly as possible. My sister and my best friend both had this happen and managed to get a successful repair with a sort of "micro-welding" treatment, avoiding major surgery, and I hope that something like that is true for your DH. Good luck and good wishes.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I was going to fast till dinner and then eat whatever, but seriously, I need a DD. Bedtime snack will be here soon enough. Who would have thought that the idea of another dinner (like 5 in a row would evoke a sick feeling...)
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Yam Yam, if the Horizon video you wanted to watch is the BBC documentary "Eat, Fast and Live Longer", it's been deleted by the friggin' bbc everywhere except this one place, here's the link:

I re-watched it and got re-inspired!

--patty
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote