Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD challenge group? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/792094-juddd-challenge-group.html)

svenskamae 12-26-2012 02:56 PM

JUDDD challenge group?

Since the world didn't end (fortunately), maybe we could use a new JUDDD challenge over in the challenge area of the board, to continue the group doing the "End of the World" challenge started by Lynn2u and include other JUDDDers who find challenges useful. Are others interested? What time frame would people like to follow (say, until the first day of spring, or for 6 months, or a shorter time period)? I'm willing to start a new challenge thread or join another JUDDD-based challenge, but I'd like some feedback. Maybe there's another JUDDD-based challenge on-going that I'm overlooking, too, so please let me know.

mom23kids 12-26-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svenskamae (Post 16153926)
Since the world didn't end (fortunately), maybe we could use a new JUDDD challenge over in the challenge area of the board, to continue the group doing the "End of the World" challenge started by Lynn2u and include other JUDDDers who find challenges useful. Are others interested? What time frame would people like to follow (say, until the first day of spring, or for 6 months, or a shorter time period)? I'm willing to start a new challenge thread or join another JUDDD-based challenge, but I'd like some feedback. Maybe there's another JUDDD-based challenge on-going that I'm overlooking, too, so please let me know.

I haven't done any challenges-I'd be interested in doing some sort of JUDDD challenge :D

TryingJudd 12-26-2012 03:21 PM

I'm in. IMO the shorter challenges are better motivating. If something is too far off it can get blown off, but if it's not far enough off then it can't motivate significant change. What about a goal of rocking Valentine's Day? Starting on Jan 3???

LoCarbGal 12-26-2012 03:29 PM

I'm intrigued. I'll keep my eye on this and see what you guys come up with!

JayLynn 12-26-2012 03:38 PM

I agree with Trying.
Shorter is better :D
Going to V Day would be about six weeks. I haven't done a challenge for a long time but I need to make 2013 the best year ever and this might help.
I'll stay tuned to see what you come up with.:up:

DesertGurl 12-26-2012 03:40 PM

I'm in! :up: Up for what the group decides!

zagnut 12-26-2012 03:41 PM

I'm in sven! I think I can handle 2 challenges at a time if you keep after me :) It makes no difference to me on time frame, I just like to keep accountable!

sunday 12-26-2012 03:43 PM

I am trying to learn the PHD, but might be interested. I will come back and see what you all come up with. I have a lot of reading to do! :)

SlimNana 12-26-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 16153957)
I'm in. What about a goal of rocking Valentine's Day? Starting on Jan 3???

This six week challenge idea sounds like a great way to start off the New Year!

:up:

svenskamae 12-26-2012 04:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm going to go to the challenge area and start a "Rockin' Valentine's Day on JUDDD" :sing: challenge thread. Feel free to jump in any time--now, starting January 3, whenever works for you. :)I'm looking forward to checking in with you all regularly there, as well as on the JUDDD part of the board. :up:

wildflower 12-26-2012 05:28 PM

Great -- I'm sorta afraid of challenges, but now is a good time to get over it!

Arlene

KeirasMom 12-26-2012 05:31 PM

Um, I know I'm going to sound dumb, but that's okay. Won't be the first time, and won't be the last time, I'm sure! :hyst:

What are these challenges of which you speak? I have not been to that section of the board. Can someone link to the JUDDD challenge, so I don't have to get out my GPS to find it?

Are these exercise challenges, or weight loss challenges, or an altogether different kind of animal? :dunno:

melisa82 12-26-2012 05:34 PM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...day-juddd.html

KeirasMom 12-26-2012 05:49 PM

Thanks Melisa!

svenskamae 12-26-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16154148)
Um, I know I'm going to sound dumb, but that's okay. Won't be the first time, and won't be the last time, I'm sure! :hyst:

What are these challenges of which you speak? I have not been to that section of the board. Can someone link to the JUDDD challenge, so I don't have to get out my GPS to find it?

Are these exercise challenges, or weight loss challenges, or an altogether different kind of animal? :dunno:

Hi, Dawn. :hiya: I like challenges because I get to know a small group of people better that way. The only parameter I set for the challenge is that participants should be following JUDDD in whatever way they chose. I start to feel self-conscious posting too much about myself on a main section of a board,:o but I feel comfortable posting every day--or close to that--on a challenge, and it's a great way to get positive reinforcement or advice, and to give it, as well.

You can set any challenge you like for yourself, be it weight loss, maintenance, exercise, type of food eaten, or even other kinds of personal goals, like working on part of your house or taking up a new hobby. Most people have given weight loss/staying on plan/weight loss kinds of goals so far, but your goal is up to you. I see another person was nice enough to post a link, so I won't repeat it here.

Librarygirl 12-27-2012 09:21 AM

I'm in. I'll never be the biggest loser, but it will be something to motivate. :) I will stick to weight loss as my challenge until I've got that mastered. :D

Carly 12-27-2012 09:29 AM

Thanks Sven. I joined and will start on the 2nd!

svenskamae 12-27-2012 12:30 PM

Thanks, Librarygirl, Carly, and others here who are joining. I've so enjoyed reading your supportive and interesting posts, and it will be great to get to know you better through a challenge group. :clap:

I've been doing another "Thinner in 3" set of challenges (we are on round 3 of that) with another challenge group of people following a variety of plans, and I've really come to count on challenge groups to keep me accountable and encouraged. I'm sure the "Rockin' JUDDD to Valentine's Day" will be a great group! :D

Rayne_W 12-27-2012 03:10 PM

V Day is my anniversary AND a big motivator day for me, so this would be a perfect challenge!

svenskamae 12-27-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayne_W (Post 16155712)
V Day is my anniversary AND a big motivator day for me, so this would be a perfect challenge!

That does sound perfect for you, Rayne! I'm glad you'll be joining us. :hugs:

angie1 12-27-2012 09:01 PM

Awesome challenge! I will also be joining in January!! :)

jaymar 12-30-2012 10:58 PM

Sounds like a great idea to me..I've never done one before..I will have to seriously consider what a reasonable goal would be...

LadyKT 12-31-2012 07:24 AM

Count me in!