Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Post Holiday Eating DD Thursday! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/792063-post-holiday-eating-dd-thursday.html)

mom23kids 12-26-2012 04:52 AM

Post Holiday Eating DD Wednesday

We got through the holiday eating and now it's time to get back on track :D I put my scale in the closet on Saturday and didn't weigh myself over the the past few days, but I had 5 UD/free for all days in a row :stars: I was expecting to see a huge bounce this morning, but the scale was only up 3.5lbs. After everything I ate, I'll definitely take that :laugh:

We're totally done with holiday eating (no NYE plans), so I'm getting back on my JUDDD rotations today with a solid DD planned for today.

veggie soup x2
chicken broth
rice cake
hb egg
diet hot cocoa x2

290 calories (might add another serving of chicken broth too)

Gobs of water!!!

JayLynn 12-26-2012 05:15 AM

I'm back on rotations after taking a week off because things got so busy that it was just too hard to focus on what I was eating. I kind of went into auto pilot and only ate when I was hungry. For the most part I ate healthy food and small portions...if I wanted something carby I had only a few bites. We had our family xmas dinner on sunday and i was so busy cooking and visiting and enjoying the day I didn't overeat like I usually would have.

I'm still at last friday's weight hoping to drop a little by this friday, my official weigh in day.

So today is my first DD and I'm having:

B - tomato juice and coffee

L - 1/2 OMM and my SF mocha

D - chicken broth and other 1/2 OMM

I'll have a HB egg in there somewhere if I need it, and some SF jello

About 480 cal if I have the egg.

There is still a refrigerator full of leftovers so I'm looking forward to some more turkey and pumpkin pie tomorrow.... :yummy:

mom23kids 12-26-2012 05:24 AM

Oops, lost track of my days-meant Wednesday, not Thursday :laugh:

adillenal 12-26-2012 06:25 AM

DD
B - coffee with HWC
L- Broth, celery
D - broth, celery
I have chicken soup in the frig if needed

wildflower 12-26-2012 06:28 AM

My dd will be quiet and better be thoughtful. I bounced around alot this first week and a half of JUDDDING - guess that is part of learning how to do it!!!

Trying to decide if my body likes waiting later to eat or wants a bit now and then. Had mixed last week and felt funny each DD - I supposed my body has to figure out what it's doing! Will check in later!

Arlene

zagnut 12-26-2012 06:32 AM

Strict DD today to try and get rid of the 2 pound gain from yesterday before the last event we have planned around New Year's. That one won't be anything like yesterday, though.
I didn't really overeat yesterday, I just ate a bunch of carbs that I normally don't, so mostly water I hope.
Today is a near 0 carb day, beef, broth, or tuna tonight after fasting all day.

mom23kids 12-26-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagnut (Post 16153168)
Strict DD today to try and get rid of the 2 pound gain from yesterday before the last event we have planned around New Year's. That one won't be anything like yesterday, though.
I didn't really overeat yesterday, I just ate a bunch of carbs that I normally don't, so mostly water I hope.
Today is a near 0 carb day, beef, broth, or tuna tonight after fasting all day.

I ate pizza and mac n cheese every day, for the past four days-carbs, carbs and more carbs :stars:

cici52 12-26-2012 06:48 AM

I have already eaten the bulk of my calories for a HFLC breakfast and plan turkey bone broth the rest of the day. Did not think to weigh today.

Librarygirl 12-26-2012 08:07 AM

I'm doing a DD also. As far as how strict or low calorie, I will take it as it comes. I don't intend to go over 600-700 cals, but won't stress if I don't do 500 or under. So far, I've had 30 cals in coffee. I will have one more cup. :) Plan on a couple of lean shakes and a red potato with a few oz of baked chicken for din din. :D

ETA: coffee pot was empty, so no more of that. :)

KeirasMom 12-26-2012 08:27 AM

First DD after several UUADs. We had a huge late lunch yesterday, so I didn't have a proper dinner, and I'm already hungry. I plan to just play today by ear--will eat something extra if I get really hungry, but will shoot for 500 or less (I usually have 250-350 calorie DDs).

sungoddess 12-26-2012 08:42 AM

After several UD's in a row, this is a DD. I am already feeling hungry at 8:30 AM:sad: This always happens after eating too many carbs for me. So I am making some broth right now to cut the edge. Not sure what I am going to plan for the rest of the day at this point. I NEED a down day so much. I hate that uncomfortable feeling I have from having eaten too much.

Eieio 12-26-2012 08:55 AM

Yes! Back to real eating or me!
Two UUUUD's I'm left with scratchy throat, head connection.
But feel its mostly the perfume's I've breathed last few days.
My mother told me of a perfume that my sister was wanting for Xmas. And mother, would like some as well.
Called my Santa which was in town still at second shopping, relayed the message. Extra gift for my mother. santa also got the perfume. So we've had the overdoes of the smelliest around. If I get to use it I think I will only my socks!
Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.
This is a truly happy dd....fingers crossed!

mykidsteacher 12-26-2012 08:56 AM

Somehow managed to get through the holiday eating without gaining. I'll take it! Santa left me a scratchy throat and stuffy head (actually it was more likely a gift from my second son, who felt like this a couple days ago). Thankfully don't feel too horrible.

DD today to get rid of the puffy feeling and achy hands (too much wheat and sugar).

b--smoothie with almond milk, strawberries, wild blueberries, and sun warrior blend protein powder. 168
l--salad with ff dressing and some sort of protein
s--baked chicken and stir fry veggies

Lots of lemon water too.

Will probably come in around 600-700

Eieio 12-26-2012 08:57 AM

Ha---head connection! I hope so.
Head congestion. Yikes

garnet10 12-26-2012 10:37 AM

Re-re-re-re-re-starting JUDDD today!!!! After holiday eating/splurging, I am right back up to my 141.7 weight. The 4 pounds lost with JUDDD are unfortunately gone, so I'm restarting JUDDD today with a DD.

Still trying to recover from a week-long illness, but thankfully today I am not that hungry (ate a dessert and some home made cookies last night).

Today's plan:

Decaf coffee with 2 Tbsp HC (100)

Egg with 1 Tbsp mayo (150)
1 sl Udi's Millet Chia bread (80)

Chicken broth with celery (20)

Protein shake w/unsweetened vanilla almond milk (120)

Good luck everyone! I really hope I can get this thing started again. Not sure if I'm setting myself up for failure by including the slice of bread. I think grains work against me, but I keep trying!

SlimNana 12-26-2012 10:42 AM

10:00 Coffee
2:00 Chicken & Veg. Soup
6:00 Chicken & Veg. Soup

250 CAL MAX @ 152 lbs.
Snowed in today and freezing cold, so it'll be soup instead of shakes for me.

Happy Holidays!

TryingJudd 12-26-2012 10:50 AM

DD for me today but at 600 cals

so far: one HB egg, 2 magic pops, 1 light laughing cow and 12 slices of cucumber - 150 cals

I have a 100 cal yogurt and another egg with me at work if I get hungry and some ratatouille defrosting for dinner. Should come in between 500 and 600.

brewstate 12-26-2012 11:27 AM

I've been maintaining very well since about October with good dd's and unlimited UD's. After a couple bad UUAD's in a row, I'm ready to get back on track and lose some more weight. lately I've been doing around 300 calorie DD's but I may need to go up to 500 to control the carb monster I've created today.

So far:

1 cup of broth and 18 mini rice cakes... so around 250. Hopefully my body will just slide back into a lovely DD :aprayer:

Flossyliz 12-26-2012 11:35 AM

Here's wishing good luck to an intrepid bunch of Christmas losers. :high5:

Great DD so far - but it isn't over yet!
Had a bullet-proof cocoa at 3pm and I've just had some magic noodles with skinny soup and fat-free Greek yogurt at 7pm. That with 2 cups of tea comes to about 265.

Hopefully I'll just have a bit of cheese with a Ryvita later and will manage not to make it cheese + Dundee cake instead! :)

Flutter 12-26-2012 11:55 AM

Yep, hungry monster here checking in!! Coffee this morning, then some leftover boiled shrimp a bit ago. Still hungry. I had already gotten used to non-hungry DDs, think I will make some hot cocoa in a bit!

JayLynn 12-26-2012 12:35 PM

So many of us are getting back on track after xmas. Isn't this plan wonderful allowing us to do that?

I feel good so far today with my DD. I can feel my body saying...yes! thank you so much for giving me a digestive rest! :jumpjoy:

We can do this, ladies! I know we can! Think positive and keep coming back here for support and encouragement. Thats the plan!

:hugs::high5::hugs::high5::hugs:

ouizoid 12-26-2012 12:50 PM

b: lemon water

L: lemon water

dinner: 450 calories potatoes

tobelowcarber 12-26-2012 01:00 PM

B: 6 oz baked halibut
L: skipped
D: beet soup, salad w/lettuce, cucumber, turkey breast, 1 Tbl EVOO

total 668 cal/20 gr carbs

svenskamae 12-26-2012 01:07 PM

I am really happy to be back to a down day :) after two unavoidable up days with social dinners--where I avoided sugar and grains but ate more calories and carbs than usual.

Today:
B: Coffee with 2 T. half and half
L: 4 oz roasted chicken breast, 1 mini bonabel light cheese
D: Homemade chicken bone broth, 2 hard-boiled eggs
Lots of water
Total: 475 calories, less if I can get by without the eggs

Before I started JUDDD, I would never have guessed that I'd be happy to be having a down day.

gotsomeold 12-26-2012 01:13 PM

Up two pounds. DH needs Thursday to be DD, so in support I am MD today and DD tomorrow. MD for me is 900 calories. I am at 225 now, so dinner is going to be satisfying.

Flossyliz 12-26-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16153689)
Hopefully I'll just have a bit of cheese with a Ryvita later and will manage not to make it cheese + Dundee cake instead! :)

Well I had the cheese and Ryvita - no cake. Unfortunately, I also had half a bottle of wine. :o

620 cals for the day - but still a DD! :cool:

grammyw/kitties 12-26-2012 05:05 PM

I really feel good after a DD . My body feels to full if I eat all the calories that are alloted.I really do not like that stuffed feeling so I will eat until I am comfortable andtry to still keep my calories up. This is hard to get my head around but it will come. I can't wait till my book gets here. Maybe more will soak in..lol

SlimNana 12-26-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16154193)
Unfortunately, I also had half a bottle of wine. :o
620 cals for the day - but still a DD! :cool:

:notwrthy: Instead of my planned soup, dinner at 6:00 wound up being a glass of red wine & a few pieces of chocolate pecan toffee.

:o

garnet10 12-26-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svenskamae (Post 16153836)
I am really happy to be back to a down day :) after two unavoidable up days with social dinners--where I avoided sugar and grains but ate more calories and carbs than usual.

Before I started JUDDD, I would never have guessed that I'd be happy to be having a down day.

I feel the same way today. I've had too many (not just two!) UUAAD's (love that--Up, Up, and Away Days!--thank you to whoever came up with that!) and I really woke up this morning not hungry at all.

Almost done with this day. And for those who are still struggling, hugs to all of you as I struggle as well.:hugs:

Flutter 12-26-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlimNana (Post 16154210)
:notwrthy: Instead of my planned soup, dinner at 6:00 wound up being a glass of red wine & a few pieces of chocolate pecan toffee.

:o

Sounds like the best kind of DD to me! :love: