Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Merry Christmas!!!

I hope all my JB's get all they wished for this Christmas!!! You've given me so much!! Happy Holidays Everyone!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-24-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Wishing the same for you Cindy and for all my JB!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Merry Merry!!!!

Everyone consider yourselves hugged!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Nancy, I just realized you live in Asheville. My sister lives there about a mile from Biltmore. I wonder if you know her, lol. Stella and Hal (her husband).
Old 12-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Merry Christmas!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Merry Christmas! DH is watching Moonshiners and I am getting ready to read my PHD book. We are hunkered down & prepped for the mighty blizzard that will hit us in the morn. My big ol' chocolate Lab is beggin me for some attention. So, I will sign off.

Big ol' Okie hugs to my Juddd budds.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Chloe the Goat sends her Christmas Wishes. This is our Christmas Banner down by the road since our house is set back too far to be able to read it if we put it on the door.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Love it, Adi!! Our xmas flag blew away to god knows where, lol. Hope everyone has a good night, and dreams of sugar plums. You can have them tomorrow, every holiday is a UD!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Merry Christmas!
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL

Off to see the grandkids - have a nice day!

Arlene
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Merry Christmas to the nices group of people in the world..hope you're enjoying your day, your families, and all the special things you like..we've had a good day and are hoping to get in a movie later..since the grandson has broken his helicopter things have quieted down a bit.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Merry Christmas to each one! (((hugs)))

Enjoyed seeing the new winter avatars from Cici and LibraryGirl!

Enjoyed seeing the banner from adi and Chloe.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Merry Christmas Everyone. We are having a White Christmas here in Eastern Washington. Been snowing all day.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Expecting bad storms tomorrow and possible tornadoes!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Expecting bad storms tomorrow and possible tornadoes!
Texas had those today. And the wind is still blwoing really bad.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm glad it missed you Adi, as it seems it did. Things are calm now, but storms supposed to start again at daylight.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
We had xmas on Sunday and its a good thing because my daughter, who was here from L.A., was in the hospital Monday and part of Tuesday. She had an appendectomy in Oct and they think she had an intestinal blockage caused from possible scar tissue at the surgery site, which made her horribly sick, vomiting and terrible stomach cramps. We brought her to e.r. Monday morning, they admitted her and put a tube down into her tummy hoping that would "unblock things". and it did, thank goodness! or she maybe would have had to have another surgery. As soon as things were moving again (they asked her a hundred times if she could pass gas lol) and we all cheered with joy when she could! hahaha
Anyway, she and her boyfriend are off this morning back to L.A. It was amazing how quickly she recovered after she became "unplugged". So its been an interesting week, we had a wonderful family celebration on Sunday, two days in the hospital, and now I'm back to my first DD in a little over a week and very happy to be back "to normal" (????) whatever that is.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Jaylynn, I'm so glad dd was able to get relief!! I'm sure she is very thankful that it won't require another surgery. Glad you were able to celebrate xmas too.

I am trying a DD...seems like my body wants to rebel and say, enough of this torture, lol.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Thanks LG, another surgery would have sucked big time for sure!

I'm sending you love and hugs, positive vibes....You can do this! Believe me, if I can anyone can. Try to focus on the wonderful benefits of JUDDD. Go back and read about them again, if that helps. I was over 300 lbs for far longer than I care to remember. I LC'd my way to 270 and then got frustrated and stuck again. JUDDD has been the answer I was looking for. When you want to eat, or feel tortured, make your mantra "I can have it tomorrow I can have it tomorrow...." And always having something you like that is low cal on hand for when you have to eat. Mine is tomato juice, chicken broth, or celery.

I can tell you want so bad for this to work for you. Keep wanting it! Don't give up! One of these magical days it will happen and you will relax into the wonderful way of JUDDD.

YES YOU CAN!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

That's so encouraging and sweet, Jaylynn it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's so encouraging and sweet, Jaylynn it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.
You are very welcome!

I tell everyone...don't be like me and wait until the numbers on your blood tests start heading up to borderline. My health is what made me wake up and understand this isn't only about losing weight, for me it is also about being healthy.

I know for most of you it isn't an issue. (high blood pressure, blood sugar etc) it wasn't for me either until I got into my 50's. Then my body started to rebel against being so overweight. Menopause didn't help either.

LCing helped bring the numbers down, avoided meds, but when the weight loss stalled I knew there had to be a missing piece of the success puzzle for me and I am so happy I found JUDDD and all of you WONDERFUL JUDDD BUDDDs that help me know I can do this!

And so can you, LG I mean it when I say if I can, so can you. I saw the JUDDD letters on here often while I was doing just LC and when I read it had to do with fasting every other day, I thought that is crazy! No way in hell can I not eat (very much) every other day! I was used to eating as much as I wanted as long as it was LC and I lost weight. So not eating sounded very impossible for me. But I needed something different so I read a lot and read everyone's posts here and thought....hmmmmm......maybe i can!

And the rest is history. Sorry I've babbled on here. I guess after no DD's for a week and this is my first one back, I'm renewed with enthusiasm and want to spread the positive vibes I feel today!

Last edited by JayLynn; 12-26-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
We had xmas on Sunday and its a good thing because my daughter, who was here from L.A., was in the hospital Monday and part of Tuesday. She had an appendectomy in Oct and they think she had an intestinal blockage caused from possible scar tissue at the surgery site, which made her horribly sick, vomiting and terrible stomach cramps. We brought her to e.r. Monday morning, they admitted her and put a tube down into her tummy hoping that would "unblock things". and it did, thank goodness! or she maybe would have had to have another surgery. As soon as things were moving again (they asked her a hundred times if she could pass gas lol) and we all cheered with joy when she could! hahaha
Anyway, she and her boyfriend are off this morning back to L.A. It was amazing how quickly she recovered after she became "unplugged". So its been an interesting week, we had a wonderful family celebration on Sunday, two days in the hospital, and now I'm back to my first DD in a little over a week and very happy to be back "to normal" (????) whatever that is.
Mercy! I'm so glad your DD is ok now! Wonderful that you had wonderful family time despite the hospital stuff.. I'm anxious to get back to normal myself..never in a zillion years would I think I'd be tired of food.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

LOL Danielle, isn't it nuts how our relationship with food changes?

Don't get me wrong...there are definitely times I could pig out and eat any and everything I wanted. But the thing is, when I have, afterwards it just did not feel worth it. The good feelings of staying with it are far more worth it than the big guilt trip I would place on myself after overeating.

I think a big difference with me is that I have a true sense of hope now. Before JUDDD I always wanted to lose weight but was not sure that I ever would reach my goal. I feel now that I will. Who knows what lies ahead. But each day brings me closer, and in the mean time I am experiencing a much better relationship with food which is in turn making me be much kinder to my body.

Last edited by JayLynn; 12-26-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Jan, what an ordeal! I'm so glad DD has recovered so well.

Danielle, I can't say I'm tired of food. I'm a little bummed that I can't enjoy leftovers today, but I'm dealing with it fairly easily all things considered. This really is too good to be true. I say that not knowing what the scale damage actually is until tomorrow morning!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
I guess for me I'm finding disappointment in the things I used to think were sooooo delicious and must have's are now just meh.. I haven't found a whole lot of food that was "off limits" before low carbing that I just *have* to have now..it's so weird to me!! Well, except Beer! Love my Blue Moon...

Like when I went to Vegas this past week....gave myself permission to eat whatever and whenever and it just didn't taste as good as it always has in the past.. that was a total first experience and kinda liberating!

Of course, the scale is probably going to cry for me when I get on it at some point in the next week.. I haven't deluded myself enough to not know that I *did* do some damage the last day or so... The beautiful part? JUDDD is right there waiting..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

I think, Danielle, that food loses it's "power" that it had over us when we are "allowed" to eat whatever we choose EOD. At first I wanted to eat everything I had denied myself while LCing, and also the things that I had always felt were "bad". I'm still doing a little of that, lol, but finding that it's not as exciting (or tasty) as I expected. I'm still searching though. Soon, very soon, I want to start trying to get more healthy, balanced meals on UD's as well as DD's.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
So sorry your family had to go through that, but at least she was with you, that must have been reassuring.

Quote:
I think, Danielle, that food loses it's "power" that it had over us when we are "allowed" to eat whatever we choose EOD. At first I wanted to eat everything I had denied myself while LCing, and also the things that I had always felt were "bad". I'm still doing a little of that, lol, but finding that it's not as exciting (or tasty) as I expected. I'm still searching though. Soon, very soon, I want to start trying to get more healthy, balanced meals on UD's as well as DD's.
First of all, a very late Merry Christmas to you too Cindy. Secondly the healthy balanced meals happen more for some that others

But we are so lucky to be JUDDDing our way to a happier and healthier 2013.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Kissa;16155325]So sorry your family had to go through that, but at least she was with you, that must have been reassuring.
/QUOTE]

Yes we are so thankful it happened while she was still home.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday!