Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Merry Christmas!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/792024-merry-christmas.html)

Librarygirl 12-24-2012 05:05 PM

Merry Christmas!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/at...ristmasps3.jpg

I hope all my JB's get all they wished for this Christmas!!! You've given me so much!! Happy Holidays Everyone! :)

Carly 12-24-2012 05:25 PM

Wishing the same for you Cindy and for all my JB!

gotsomeold 12-24-2012 05:31 PM

:D Merry Merry!!!! :D

Everyone consider yourselves hugged!

Librarygirl 12-24-2012 05:36 PM

Nancy, I just realized you live in Asheville. My sister lives there about a mile from Biltmore. I wonder if you know her, lol. Stella and Hal (her husband).

Jbinme 12-24-2012 05:39 PM

Merry Christmas!

sunday 12-24-2012 06:43 PM

Merry Christmas! DH is watching Moonshiners :lol: :laugh: and I am getting ready to read my PHD book. We are hunkered down & prepped for the mighty blizzard that will hit us in the morn. My big ol' chocolate Lab is beggin me for some attention. So, I will sign off.

Big ol' Okie hugs to my Juddd budds. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

adillenal 12-24-2012 06:48 PM

Chloe the Goat sends her Christmas Wishes. This is our Christmas Banner down by the road since our house is set back too far to be able to read it if we put it on the door.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...psc80ac310.jpg

Librarygirl 12-24-2012 08:19 PM

Love it, Adi!! Our xmas flag blew away to god knows where, lol. Hope everyone has a good night, and dreams of sugar plums. :) You can have them tomorrow, every holiday is a UD!!!! :)

cici52 12-25-2012 06:38 AM

Merry Christmas!

wildflower 12-25-2012 07:26 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL

Off to see the grandkids - have a nice day!

Arlene

jaymar 12-25-2012 11:06 AM

Merry Christmas to the nices group of people in the world..hope you're enjoying your day, your families, and all the special things you like..we've had a good day and are hoping to get in a movie later..since the grandson has broken his helicopter things have quieted down a bit.:hyst:

Whitlin' 12-25-2012 01:25 PM

Merry Christmas to each one! (((hugs)))

Enjoyed seeing the new winter avatars from Cici and LibraryGirl!

Enjoyed seeing the banner from adi and Chloe.

Debrat3 12-25-2012 05:22 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone. We are having a White Christmas here in Eastern Washington. Been snowing all day.:eek:

Librarygirl 12-25-2012 05:59 PM

Expecting bad storms tomorrow and possible tornadoes!:eek:

adillenal 12-25-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16152900)
Expecting bad storms tomorrow and possible tornadoes!:eek:

Texas had those today. And the wind is still blwoing really bad.

Librarygirl 12-25-2012 10:08 PM

I'm glad it missed you Adi, as it seems it did. :) Things are calm now, but storms supposed to start again at daylight.

JayLynn 12-26-2012 05:24 AM

We had xmas on Sunday and its a good thing because my daughter, who was here from L.A., was in the hospital Monday and part of Tuesday. She had an appendectomy in Oct and they think she had an intestinal blockage caused from possible scar tissue at the surgery site, which made her horribly sick, vomiting and terrible stomach cramps. We brought her to e.r. Monday morning, they admitted her and put a tube down into her tummy hoping that would "unblock things". and it did, thank goodness! or she maybe would have had to have another surgery. As soon as things were moving again (they asked her a hundred times if she could pass gas lol) and we all cheered with joy when she could! hahaha
Anyway, she and her boyfriend are off this morning back to L.A. It was amazing how quickly she recovered after she became "unplugged". So its been an interesting week, we had a wonderful family celebration on Sunday, two days in the hospital, and now I'm back to my first DD in a little over a week and very happy to be back "to normal" (????) whatever that is.

Librarygirl 12-26-2012 06:28 AM

Jaylynn, I'm so glad dd was able to get relief!! I'm sure she is very thankful that it won't require another surgery. Glad you were able to celebrate xmas too.

I am trying a DD...seems like my body wants to rebel and say, enough of this torture, lol. :D

JayLynn 12-26-2012 12:40 PM

Thanks LG, another surgery would have sucked big time for sure!

I'm sending you love and hugs, positive vibes....You can do this! Believe me, if I can anyone can. Try to focus on the wonderful benefits of JUDDD. Go back and read about them again, if that helps. I was over 300 lbs for far longer than I care to remember. I LC'd my way to 270 and then got frustrated and stuck again. JUDDD has been the answer I was looking for. When you want to eat, or feel tortured, make your mantra "I can have it tomorrow I can have it tomorrow...." And always having something you like that is low cal on hand for when you have to eat. Mine is tomato juice, chicken broth, or celery.

I can tell you want so bad for this to work for you. Keep wanting it! Don't give up! One of these magical days it will happen and you will relax into the wonderful way of JUDDD.

YES YOU CAN! :shake::hugs::shake:

Librarygirl 12-26-2012 12:56 PM

That's so encouraging and sweet, Jaylynn it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.:hugs:

JayLynn 12-26-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16153809)
That's so encouraging and sweet, Jaylynn it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.:hugs:

You are very welcome!

I tell everyone...don't be like me and wait until the numbers on your blood tests start heading up to borderline. My health is what made me wake up and understand this isn't only about losing weight, for me it is also about being healthy.

I know for most of you it isn't an issue. (high blood pressure, blood sugar etc) it wasn't for me either until I got into my 50's. Then my body started to rebel against being so overweight. Menopause didn't help either.

LCing helped bring the numbers down, avoided meds, but when the weight loss stalled I knew there had to be a missing piece of the success puzzle for me and I am so happy I found JUDDD and all of you WONDERFUL JUDDD BUDDDs that help me know I can do this!

And so can you, LG :up: I mean it when I say if I can, so can you. I saw the JUDDD letters on here often while I was doing just LC and when I read it had to do with fasting every other day, I thought that is crazy! No way in hell can I not eat (very much) every other day! I was used to eating as much as I wanted as long as it was LC and I lost weight. So not eating sounded very impossible for me. But I needed something different so I read a lot and read everyone's posts here and thought....hmmmmm......maybe i can!

And the rest is history. Sorry I've babbled on here. I guess after no DD's for a week and this is my first one back, I'm renewed with enthusiasm and want to spread the positive vibes I feel today! :jumpjoy:

DesertGurl 12-26-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16153122)
We had xmas on Sunday and its a good thing because my daughter, who was here from L.A., was in the hospital Monday and part of Tuesday. She had an appendectomy in Oct and they think she had an intestinal blockage caused from possible scar tissue at the surgery site, which made her horribly sick, vomiting and terrible stomach cramps. We brought her to e.r. Monday morning, they admitted her and put a tube down into her tummy hoping that would "unblock things". and it did, thank goodness! or she maybe would have had to have another surgery. As soon as things were moving again (they asked her a hundred times if she could pass gas lol) and we all cheered with joy when she could! hahaha
Anyway, she and her boyfriend are off this morning back to L.A. It was amazing how quickly she recovered after she became "unplugged". So its been an interesting week, we had a wonderful family celebration on Sunday, two days in the hospital, and now I'm back to my first DD in a little over a week and very happy to be back "to normal" (????) whatever that is.

Mercy! I'm so glad your DD is ok now! :) Wonderful that you had wonderful family time despite the hospital stuff.. I'm anxious to get back to normal myself..never in a zillion years would I think I'd be tired of food. :laugh:

JayLynn 12-26-2012 02:58 PM

LOL Danielle, isn't it nuts how our relationship with food changes?

Don't get me wrong...there are definitely times I could pig out and eat any and everything I wanted. But the thing is, when I have, afterwards it just did not feel worth it. The good feelings of staying with it are far more worth it than the big guilt trip I would place on myself after overeating.

I think a big difference with me is that I have a true sense of hope now. Before JUDDD I always wanted to lose weight but was not sure that I ever would reach my goal. I feel now that I will. Who knows what lies ahead. But each day brings me closer, and in the mean time I am experiencing a much better relationship with food which is in turn making me be much kinder to my body.

LoCarbGal 12-26-2012 02:58 PM

Jan, what an ordeal! I'm so glad DD has recovered so well.

Danielle, I can't say I'm tired of food. I'm a little bummed that I can't enjoy leftovers today, but I'm dealing with it fairly easily all things considered. This really is too good to be true. I say that not knowing what the scale damage actually is until tomorrow morning! :D

DesertGurl 12-26-2012 03:46 PM

I guess for me I'm finding disappointment in the things I used to think were sooooo delicious and must have's are now just meh.. I haven't found a whole lot of food that was "off limits" before low carbing that I just *have* to have now..it's so weird to me!! Well, except Beer! :cool: Love my Blue Moon... :rolleyes:

Like when I went to Vegas this past week....gave myself permission to eat whatever and whenever and it just didn't taste as good as it always has in the past.. that was a total first experience and kinda liberating!

Of course, the scale is probably going to cry for me when I get on it at some point in the next week.. :laugh: I haven't deluded myself enough to not know that I *did* do some damage the last day or so... :p The beautiful part? JUDDD is right there waiting.. :love:

Librarygirl 12-26-2012 06:41 PM

I think, Danielle, that food loses it's "power" that it had over us when we are "allowed" to eat whatever we choose EOD. At first I wanted to eat everything I had denied myself while LCing, and also the things that I had always felt were "bad". I'm still doing a little of that, lol, but finding that it's not as exciting (or tasty) as I expected. I'm still searching though. :D Soon, very soon, I want to start trying to get more healthy, balanced meals on UD's as well as DD's. :)

Kissa 12-27-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16153122)

So sorry your family had to go through that, but at least she was with you, that must have been reassuring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16154355)
I think, Danielle, that food loses it's "power" that it had over us when we are "allowed" to eat whatever we choose EOD. At first I wanted to eat everything I had denied myself while LCing, and also the things that I had always felt were "bad". I'm still doing a little of that, lol, but finding that it's not as exciting (or tasty) as I expected. I'm still searching though. :D Soon, very soon, I want to start trying to get more healthy, balanced meals on UD's as well as DD's. :)

First of all, a very late Merry Christmas to you too Cindy. Secondly the healthy balanced meals happen more for some that others :o

But we are so lucky to be JUDDDing our way to a happier and healthier 2013.:jumpjoy:

JayLynn 12-27-2012 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=Kissa;16155325]So sorry your family had to go through that, but at least she was with you, that must have been reassuring.
/QUOTE]

Yes we are so thankful it happened while she was still home.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday! :high5: