Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Was Hacked (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/791937-dd-hacked.html)

Librarygirl 12-23-2012 08:30 AM

DD Was Hacked

By high calorie food!! Not a good hack either. I managed to lose .6 lbs after turning DD into UD, but probably had it coming anyway and would have seen a greater loss if I had stuck to plan. I got depressed last night and thought I just might not be cut out for this WOE. Despite all my BIG talk and gunghoness(:D), I am not losing worth a damn and it's all my fault. I have trouble fasting properly, and I have trouble eating within restrictions on UD's sometimes. I feel like I will never be able to diet successfully and get this weight off. I have decided to go ahead and have another UD today, despite not sticking to DD plans yesterday because Xmas is a UD (as it's now rotating). I am considering just not doing DD's until I go back to work on Jan. 2. It's too difficult to be home all week long, and visiting with friends/family, etc.

I wanted to confess. Seriously considered looking into other WOE last night. If I can't stick to DD, I will just get fatter.:cry: Hope I can rein it in and start over fresh in the New Year. I feel so silly for my preachy attitude when I am far from successful at dieting. Forgive me?:hugs:

calichris 12-23-2012 09:00 AM

Oh Cindy,

I've been JUDDDing since July, and it's been a great plan for me, but right now ... I'm struggling. I think I'd be putting on pounds right and left without JUDDD, but it's just a tough season. To lose .6 right now? I'd be thrilled. It's only two days until Christmas. I agree that it would be good to keep your up day today, try to be moderate tomorrow, and enjoy the heck out of Christmas. Then, give JUDDD another trial after this terribly tempting season is over and see if it goes better. I know it goes much better for me when it's NOT Christmas. :D

GrannyPants 12-23-2012 09:13 AM

TIS THE SEASON, GIRLFRIEND:console::heart:....

(I think it is the evil diet industry behind it somehow:annoyed:.)

angie1 12-23-2012 09:20 AM

Yes December is a veryyy difficult time to lose/maintain weight. I think trying to go on any weight loss plan during the christmas season is difficult, unless you are one of the people who don't have parties, events, potlucks to attend during this month.

I lost 20 pounds total in October/November with JUDDD and plan to maintain for December. -- since there are so many delicious foods and staying at home makes it difficult.

Don't give up! Be mindful and enjoy the holiday season, and just do the best you can. If you can fit in a few DDs, GREAT, if not, don't stress about it :)

I think its a great idea to start strict rotations in January --> a long with a lot of us !!!

sunday 12-23-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16150057)
Oh Cindy,

I've been JUDDDing since July, and it's been a great plan for me, but right now ... I'm struggling. I think I'd be putting on pounds right and left without JUDDD, but it's just a tough season. To lose .6 right now? I'd be thrilled. It's only two days until Christmas. I agree that it would be good to keep your up day today, try to be moderate tomorrow, and enjoy the heck out of Christmas. Then, give JUDDD another trial after this terribly tempting season is over and see if it goes better. I know it goes much better for me when it's NOT Christmas. :D

:goodpost: :agree:

:console: LG, I know exactly of what you speak! :console:
This is why I began maintenance on Thur and I can say that it is the best gift to myself. :love: I still have managed to do 700 or less DD and my UD haven't reached the UUAD yet. I think it is a blessing to have JUDDD this year, because last Christmas through the NY, I fumbled my way through the whole 8 days of debauchery. :cry:

deedee 12-23-2012 09:22 AM

Librarygirl, I know I'm newer than you are, but I really think you're doing so well on this WOE! Reading back through older threads of people who are now vets, the first couple of months for almost everyone seemed like a giant learning experience, on how to control themselves on UDs without going calorie crazy, on how to learn to eat healthier food when nothing is banned, and how to get through DD's without giving in to emotional eating. It seems really common for everyone to go through that. But most especially right around the holidays!

And if, after a DD that turned UD, didn't cause you to gain, then it seems like JUDDD agrees with you even more?

sunday 12-23-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16150113)
Librarygirl, I know I'm newer than you are, but I really think you're doing so well on this WOE! Reading back through older threads of people who are now vets, the first couple of months for almost everyone seemed like a giant learning experience, on how to control themselves on UDs without going calorie crazy, on how to learn to eat healthier food when nothing is banned, and how to get through DD's without giving in to emotional eating. It seems really common for everyone to go through that. But most especially right around the holidays!

And if, after a DD that turned UD, didn't cause you to gain, then it seems like JUDDD agrees with you even more?

:agree: I can't stress this enough! JUDDD forgives more than any plan I have done. :)

LuckyLou 12-23-2012 09:32 AM

Awh Cindy, I could have written your post last week. My OH went out one Frisay night DD, there were Christmas cookies & chocolate in the house and that was it, I was off. And the next UD became super indulgent and the next DD had me with my hand in the cookies (again)! As did the next UD!!!

I was afraid the next DD but there was nothing much left in the house and I got on with a regular DD. So far, everytime there's been a holiday or a family event, I've slipped up but I'm still down 25 since the summer. Wow! Christmas will hopefully be the hardest time we have to face... It's relentless... But there'll be some great wooshes come Jan.

Hang in there, a DD will come when you'll surprise yourself and you'll be back on the wagon. JUDDD forgives, big time.

You are such a positive presence here, don't want to lose you!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Librarygirl 12-23-2012 09:44 AM

It's so helpful and encouraging to hear this from all of you. I love my JB's! Even more so than JUDDD, JB's are the most forgiving and understanding of any diet group I've been a part of.:hugs::love:

I'm trying not to let it get me down, and just know that things will "right themselves" come January. I know I will never be a perfect JUDDDer, or anything else, but hopefully it will still work for me.:aprayer:

GrannyPants 12-23-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLou (Post 16150137)
Awh Cindy, I could have written your post last week. My OH went out one Frisay night DD, there were Christmas cookies & chocolate in the house and that was it, I was off. And the next UD became super indulgent and the next DD had me with my hand in the cookies (again)! As did the next UD!!!

You are such a positive presence here, don't want to lose you!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:agree: I agree.

Last week I ate a cup of semi-sweet chocolate bits on a rampage day. I don't know who I was trying to kid in thinking I could dip chocolate this year without going off the deep end.:stars:

Librarygirl 12-23-2012 09:50 AM

GP, that sounds like a successful day to me.:hyst: Try having cheesecake, nutter butter cookies, pizza and a chocolate bar in the same day. And that was with some restraint.:stars::D

Carly 12-23-2012 10:05 AM

:hugs: This is a really challenging time of year if you are trying to lose weight. It can also be a challenge time on so many other levels as well. I gave myself the gift of a maintenance break. It just took the pressure off. My plan was to have UDs on Sat and Sun during December, but today has been a fast so far... I have no idea why, but if in an hour I feel like I'm hungry... I'll eat. Be gentle with yourself and make a plan for the new year. Don't give up JUDDDing based on this time of year:console:

Librarygirl 12-23-2012 10:10 AM

I haven't eaten today yet either. I've had HWC (not measured) and splenda with coffee only. It would be nice if those calories didn't count as some have maintained on here. :D :D I think the last thing I had to eat was around 11 pm. I will stick with JUDDD because I've tried everything else, and if this doesn't work, nothing will.

Debrat3 12-23-2012 10:40 AM

YOU are so NOT alone in this ( I speak of myself) in this one!!!:hugs:

gotsomeold 12-23-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16150113)

Yes

From birth most of us were trained to over-indulge this time of year. Enjoy the season and don't beat up on yourself if the next few DDs are not perfect. Life does settle down. And the psychology of the crowd veers from 'live it up' to New Year's Resolutions.

Librarygirl 12-23-2012 12:14 PM

One thing that may help me start downward trending now is the fact that (TMI) the prunes are working!! I am not promising anything to you guys or myself for the days that follow up to 1/2/13, but I do hope to have some MD's in there, if not DD's. :)

LoCarbGal 12-23-2012 02:10 PM

Oh, I sure hope you won't give up on JUDDD! It's just too hard a time to be relatively new to it, this holiday season. Give yourself a break until after New Years, and then you may feel really ready to give it all you've got. I agree, we don't want to lose you!

Low Carb Librarian 12-23-2012 02:45 PM

I am in that boat too!

I actually gave up about a week ago. I am planning on going back to my rotations with the new year... I just hope my pants still fit!

I am also going to try to do LC with JUDDD... Every since I started JUDDD (and added carbs) I have been depressed. I stayed home two days last week just due to being stressed and depressed... I think my emotions are more even when I don't eat carbs...

Good luck in the new year!

jaymar 12-23-2012 03:12 PM

Oh, Librarygirl, I wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself...you , along with the others have been a great encouragement to me...I knew that starting at the time of the year was going to be present a major problem for me...but I tell you, after those weeks with the lbs. melting away..I was so overjoyed..I haven't been able to keep the calories down to where I wanted the last couple of days, and two more to deal with..But...listen to this..I keep remembering how good I felt when I was losing that I am so looking forward to getting back on track...We have been eating out..traveling around everyday, and I can only do the best I can with the circumstances..I am gonna accept that, and when Christmas is over...it's back to a potato day or maybe even two...eating the potatoes seemed to help curb my appetite...I keep remembering that the time is gonna pass anyway..so ..I'm gonna try, anyway..we can do this...and we can do it anyway we have to, to get it done..

SICCHI 12-23-2012 03:57 PM

ME TOO! :down:

December is a TOTAL write-off unfortunatly (for me). Its just been too hard with swapping rotations, and suprise drop ins, and drinking, aghhhh!!!!! I felt that way a few days ago too... It IS just the season, and when the fridge is empty or chocolates, fruit cake, biscuits and beer, it will be much much easier to get back on plan. Right now, I have no self control at all.. its EVERYWHERE!! :sick:

Just enjoy it, as they say...... sometimes life just gets in the way. :cool:

SICCHI 12-23-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16150370)
One thing that may help me start downward trending now is the fact that (TMI) the prunes are working!! I am not promising anything to you guys or myself for the days that follow up to 1/2/13, but I do hope to have some MD's in there, if not DD's. :)

Great news about the prunes! One less 'issue' to worry about! :hyst:

Librarygirl 12-23-2012 05:56 PM

And I'm so thankful too! :D

Thank you dear friends. I love that I can come here and talk about my food/diet issues with impunity and always get the most wonderful input.:hugs:

KeirasMom 12-26-2012 07:38 AM

I've been out of town, so I'm just catching up and I'm sorry I missed this. I am known to be very strict with my calories and rotations. I almost never change rotations or do anything that's not "by the book." That being said, I just did 3 (yes that's THREE) UUADs in a row. It happens to all of us, and we just get back on track when we're able. JUDDD makes it possible, along with the support of the lovely BUDDDs. I'm up 5 pounds this morning, but I am positive it will go back down with a few good rotations. I think you should just be gentle with yourself until the new year and then give it all you've got. :hugs:

Carly 12-26-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16153267)
I've been out of town, so I'm just catching up and I'm sorry I missed this. I am known to be very strict with my calories and rotations. I almost never change rotations or do anything that's not "by the book." That being said, I just did 3 (yes that's THREE) UUADs in a row. It happens to all of us, and we just get back on track when we're able. JUDDD makes it possible, along with the support of the lovely BUDDDs. I'm up 5 pounds this morning, but I am positive it will go back down with a few good rotations. I think you should just be gentle with yourself until the new year and then give it all you've got. :hugs:

:goodpost:
Glad you had fun w/ Keira!

Librarygirl 12-26-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16153267)

Thanks Dawn:hugs:. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. Did you go to Disney?

KeirasMom 12-26-2012 08:23 AM

Yep, we renewed our annual passes, so there will be several Disney trips over the next year. :faint:

Librarygirl 12-26-2012 01:05 PM

I think you should make a point of meeting up with skinny friend every time with skimpier and skimpier cute outfits!!:hyst::cool:

Carly 12-27-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16153830)
I think you should make a point of meeting up with skinny friend every time with skimpier and skimpier cute outfits!!:hyst::cool:

Yes and then posting pictures for us, so we can enjoy your success with you ;)

KeirasMom 12-27-2012 01:46 PM

;) There's a picture on my FB that shows the sweater I wore, but I didn't see any full body shots in the camera or the phones. I will have to wear the outfit again this weekend (haven't done laundry yet, so it'll probably be Sunday before I get it clean), and ask DH to take a picture. :o

Carly 12-27-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16155668)
;) There's a picture on my FB that shows the sweater I wore, but I didn't see any full body shots in the camera or the phones. I will have to wear the outfit again this weekend (haven't done laundry yet, so it'll probably be Sunday before I get it clean), and ask DH to take a picture. :o

I'll check out FB, but will also wait patiently for a photo when the laundy is all done. I love going away, but I hate coming home with laundry :mad: