Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   if you had to choose.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/791761-if-you-had-choose.html)

krow134 12-20-2012 06:50 AM

if you had to choose....

friends and i were talking on facebook about 12/21/12. its already that date in other parts of the world...so...lol...pretty sure its a no go..lol.. but if it were true, what would you choose as your last meal? i would want a huge rib eye steak, baked sweet potatoe with marshmellows, lobster and a ton of butter and a giant cheesecake..just for me! it wouldnt matter that tomorrow is suppose to be a down day either!!!

mom23kids 12-20-2012 07:04 AM

Steak dinner at Logans, with extra rolls, and then a whole cheesecake :love: :laugh:

Crazy side note-there are dozens of schools in my state that are closed today/tomorrow do to the Mayan prediction, which is somehow being tied into the CT shootings :confused:

from a local news station-
The Connecticut school massacre and doomsday scenarios based on the Mayan calendar have prompted the closing of dozens of Michigan schools for the rest of the year.....Friday is supposedly when ancient Mayans prophesized the end of the world. Stepped-up police patrols are planned at some Detroit-area schools.

Craziness :stars:

LuckyLou 12-20-2012 07:09 AM

Mmmmmmm... Squid, mussels, oysters, salmon, tuna, seabass ... Some raw, some breaded & fried, some in sauce, with a side of good, twice-fried fries :) And a glass of Guinness and a glass of red wine. Followed by some chocolate truffles and berries. Yummmmmmm (& maybe a glass of fizzzzzzzz) And some cheese!

Yes, it is a DD here :)

deedee 12-20-2012 07:12 AM

I'm glad this thread came about on an UD, because reading everyone's last meals is making me hungry!

I think I'd have chicken parm with a side of fettucine alfredo, some really good garlic knots, mozzarella en carozza, and a tiramsu for dessert. With some Moscato wine. Ooh and a cheese plate with good bread to go with it!

Quote:

from a local news station-
The Connecticut school massacre and doomsday scenarios based on the Mayan calendar have prompted the closing of dozens of Michigan schools for the rest of the year.....Friday is supposedly when ancient Mayans prophesized the end of the world. Stepped-up police patrols are planned at some Detroit-area schools.
Sara that's crazy! Are they worried about more shootings by people influenced by the Mayan prediction? I feel like there's an "end of the world" prediction every year!

mom23kids 12-20-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16145455)
I'm glad this thread came about on an UD, because reading everyone's last meals is making me hungry!

I think I'd have chicken parm with a side of fettucine alfredo, some really good garlic knots, mozzarella en carozza, and a tiramsu for dessert. With some Moscato wine. Ooh and a cheese plate with good bread to go with it!

Sara that's crazy! Are they worried about more shootings by people influenced by the Mayan prediction? I feel like there's an "end of the world" prediction every year!

It sounds like a lot of rumors/threats have been circling, to happen today/tomorrow, due to the Mayan calendar thing. Schools are already on edge from the CT event, and it sounds like some of the threats tied the two events together, so a bunch of school are now closed until after Christmas break. Haven't heard anything with my girl's school, but we're also supposed to get some nasty weather tonight/tomorrow, so we might have a snow day tomorrow :aprayer:

krow134 12-20-2012 07:25 AM

my kids have scheduled half day before xmas break. i told hubby, luckily we have nasty weather coming too, that between that and the idea of craziness with the date that i am going to work then comng straight home and do nothing!

Saxy1971 12-20-2012 07:28 AM

Yummy thread! :) I'd have:

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits
grilled New York Strip, medium-rare
a loaded baked potato with extra bacon and sour cream
...finished off with a brandy alexander ice cream drink. Or two. :)

krow134 12-20-2012 07:37 AM

this reminds me of joke i heard the other day....one mayan says to another "come lets go get a beer." the other mayan says "sure, if i dont finish this calendar it wont be the end of the world." made me chuckle! people around here are having end of the world parties ending at midnight tomorrow, then start of a new era parties starting at 12:01am. told hubby almost scared to watch the news on 12/22!

Eieio 12-20-2012 07:40 AM

Well my first thoughts are, a choc malt and fries!
To cold here for eating ice cream today.
2. Loaded baked potato thick medium rare steak, garlic toast. Yikes
Im also glad its my UD.
I plan to have hAmburger steak and tater-toast tonight!

jem51 12-20-2012 07:55 AM

I'd just get drunk!!

Maybe on something like Margaritas!!

LoCarbGal 12-20-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jem51 (Post 16145548)
I'd just get drunk!!

Maybe on something like Margaritas!!

My kinda girl Jem!

I have no idea what I'd want to eat. I love so many different things, and I crave different things at different times. Lasagne, chicken enchiladas, roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy (Mom's, of course!), steak, a fried sampler plate from Pappadeaux, ice cream, fudge, the list goes on and on!

sterlinggirl 12-20-2012 08:06 AM

Well i am here in Michigan and yes its crazy with the school closings.. My Sister is a teacher Around the Flint area and she is thrilled they are closed.. now back to the question of the day... Humm..
ONION RINGS... A WHOLE LOAF OF HOMEMADE FRENCH BREAD WITH BUTTER AND SALT!.. tThen for desert a huge Grilled cheese sandwich with garlic and pickles~
With CHOCCOLATE MILK. Wow so hungry now~~ :hyst:

KeirasMom 12-20-2012 08:17 AM

Teppanyaki! :yummy:

Keira's real birthday is this Saturday (a DD for me) and she wants to go to her favorite sushi place. Looks like the closest I'll come is some sashimi and miso, if we make it to Saturday. :hyst:

Joyjoy 12-20-2012 09:03 AM

Teppanyaki? I'll have to look that one up.
First, I want something, some drug or surgery or magic spell that means I won't get uncomfortably full on all of this:
An excellent beer, yam fries, the best BLT ever, on good ciabatta (holy roadhouse, Batman! I'm surprised at my own choices), an arugula-walnut-pear salad with a strong cheese and some amarone, lemon meringue pie (my filling, someone else's crust), mincemeat pie, excellent vanilla ice cream, a cappuccino with spicy chocolate on the side.

Maybe some shortbread cookies, a few ginger-molasses cookies on a plate, and some hot apple crisp in a bowl with more of that vanilla ice cream melting on it, just to look at, in order to contemplate my next life with eagerness. Okay, a pizza with carmelized onion, blue cheese and fig, too. (God, I used to make this one. I'd forgotten all about it.)
That's it. :):heart:
(Today is a DD)

krow134 12-20-2012 09:18 AM

oh joy....can i come to dinner with you??? now off to wipe drool from my chin!! hmmmmm.....

Joyjoy 12-20-2012 09:22 AM

Katie, absolutely. Bring your steak, your sweet potatoes with marshmallow (I have NEVER tried that!) and your cheesecake. Holy moly, this sounds like a feast. :):heart:

krow134 12-20-2012 09:54 AM

you never ever ever had one? i got hooked on them at the texas roadhouse. it comes with melted cinnamon butter and marshmellows(bake til crusty yum!). when we go there alway make sure i get one!!!

Yam-Yam 12-20-2012 09:58 AM

What a fun question!

For me....a big bottle of the best Chardonnay I can find (Toasted Head would do) and a bag of Lay's potato chips. :hyst::hyst:

Joyjoy 12-20-2012 10:05 AM

I have to add S&V chips, warm brownies, and fruit salad. And Katie's marshmallow-cinnamon stuff. Okay. That's it. :):heart:

sungoddess 12-20-2012 10:07 AM

Well maybe I will pretend that I think the world is going to end to justify a last meal or justify one whole day of eating. If you don't stop, it is considered one meal, right? Anyone remember the Y2K scare in 2000?

I would have the biggest juiciest cheeseburger on a delicious buttered toasted bun (complete with seeds on top), with a huge pile of onion rings and sweet potato fries all washed down by a chocolate malted milk shake.

After all that was digested, I would have a giant slab of my mom's cheesy, melty lasagne with buttery garlic bread on the side. Or maybe pizza and beer... hmmmm so many decisions and so little time to plan!

For dessert, I would like my favorite pastries from Paris flown in.

Yum! Getting pretty hungry.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6743/mayanjoke.jpg

JayLynn 12-20-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungoddess (Post 16145835)

I LOVE this cartoon!!! I have sent it to everyone I know who even considered the idea that anyone KNOWS when the world is ending. :hyst::rofl::hyst:

I would have posted it here myself if I could figure out how to do it. lol

gotsomeold 12-20-2012 10:59 AM

Oh wow

PEI mussels steamed in a pernod/cream sauce... Crusty bread (the kind that hurts if you bite it wrong) to sop up the sauce... A Caesar salad with dressing like they made before 'they' decided eggs would kill you (after all, at this point who cares?)... Delicata squash baked fries made with the best extra virgin olive oil and pink sea salt... Wagyu beef raised in Kobe (Porterhouse and it had better be rare)... Barely steamed brocolli... Varsity onion rings straight out of the grease... Dessert would be a variety of creme brulee (like every kind ever made) ... followed by carefully paired cheeses and chocolates and Port/Sherry... I'll let my friends chose the wines - they really care about these things and have never steered me wrong... The coffee I accidentally made when I ran low and, in desperation, combined Kona and Arabica years ago ... with an unlimited supply of hwc.

That'll do. I'll time my final sip to the BANG!

krow134 12-20-2012 11:09 AM

i cant even begin to tell you all how hungry i am now...........

adillenal 12-20-2012 11:10 AM

1/2 gallon of Blue Belle Gold Rim ice cream (any flavor)

deedee 12-20-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Okay, a pizza with carmelized onion, blue cheese and fig, too. (God, I used to make this one. I'd forgotten all about it.)
Oh my, that sounds incredible. I am going to need to try that, and soon.

KeirasMom 12-20-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 16145715)
Teppanyaki? I'll have to look that one up.
First, I want something, some drug or surgery or magic spell that means I won't get uncomfortably full on all of this:
An excellent beer, yam fries, the best BLT ever, on good ciabatta (holy roadhouse, Batman! I'm surprised at my own choices), an arugula-walnut-pear salad with a strong cheese and some amarone, lemon meringue pie (my filling, someone else's crust), mincemeat pie, excellent vanilla ice cream, a cappuccino with spicy chocolate on the side.

Maybe some shortbread cookies, a few ginger-molasses cookies on a plate, and some hot apple crisp in a bowl with more of that vanilla ice cream melting on it, just to look at, in order to contemplate my next life with eagerness. Okay, a pizza with carmelized onion, blue cheese and fig, too. (God, I used to make this one. I'd forgotten all about it.)
That's it. :):heart:
(Today is a DD)

Positive I spelled it wrong. You know, like Beni Hana's (we don't have one and I probably spelled that wrong too, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now)! ;) Your menu sounds divine!

gotsomeold 12-20-2012 11:26 AM

a pizza with carmelized onion, blue cheese and fig

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16145988)
Oh my, that sounds incredible. I am going to need to try that, and soon.

Count me in!!!! Looking up recipes now! Tomorrow may be too late!

sunday 12-20-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16145455)

^ This!!! :love::love::love:

and this ....;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxy1971 (Post 16145494)
Yummy thread! :) I'd have:

grilled New York Strip, medium-rare
a loaded baked potato with extra bacon and sour cream

)

And for double certain this....;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jem51 (Post 16145548)

Margaritas!!

With lots of my fav salsa & hot tortilla chips! :heart:

Wow, the school closings are really bizarre. I pray that we aren't really going to have madness ! :aprayer:

Librarygirl 12-20-2012 12:38 PM

Fried oysters, homemade fries, garlic bread, cheesecake...Wait, this is what I'm having tomorrow!!! hahahahah! I don't have to wait for doomsday!:jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 12-20-2012 12:47 PM

:goodpost: