Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Do you have 2012 weight goal? How are you doing with it? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/791715-do-you-have-2012-weight-goal-how-you-doing.html)

mom23kids 12-19-2012 10:48 AM

Do you have 2012 weight goal? How are you doing with it?

It just hit me that we're almost at the end of 2012-wow, this year has flown by! Did you have a 2012 weight goal that you wanted to hit before January 1st, 2013? If so, how's it going? We still have 12 days left in 2012, but there's also all that holiday eating coming up :stars:

When I started losing weight in October I set a lofty goal to get into the 140s. Since I weighed 170.5 at the time, I didn't think it would actually be possible. But I'm down to 151.5 today, my lowest weight so far since starting :D My scale only does .5 increments, so to officially get into the 140s at 149.5lbs, I need to still lose 2lbs yet this year. Normally I'd say that's doable, but there's a lot of UDs in my near future :o :laugh: So we'll see how it goes!

How about you? Did you have a weight you wanted to reach by the year's end? If so, hows your progress going?

adillenal 12-19-2012 10:55 AM

My original goal was 144 and I have reached it and I am busily trying to maintain that through the eating season. I started January 8, 2012. Would love to be 140 by January 8, 2013 but we shall see.

LoCarbGal 12-19-2012 10:59 AM

I would love to see 235 before the end of the year. It's a pretty optimistic goal, considering I'm at 237.5 this morning, plus, as you say, all the holiday eating coming up. But I have 3 DDs including today before the eating, and then 3 more after, so just maybe I can do it!

deedee 12-19-2012 10:59 AM

When I re-started low carb in August, my goal was to be anywhere in the 180's by 2013. As things started to stall I sort of gave up on that goal.

But with JUDDD I've hit 195.5 so I am not actually all that far off, which is nice.

Rayne_W 12-19-2012 11:06 AM

When I started Atkins in October, I figured I'd hit 227 by Dec 31st with no problem.

Scratch that plan! I'm to the point now that I have no predictions or expectations. I'm planning UDs for the 25th, 26th, and 31st/1st without strict counting...and a January of good rotations.

TryingJudd 12-19-2012 11:08 AM

I had a goal of 174 (overweight BMI/ not obese) but am at 182 this morning and I lose sooooooo slowly that it is highly unlikely that I could attain that. I will be very, very, very (did I say very?) happy to be at 178 or lower by New Year's eve.

Luv2Eat 12-19-2012 11:10 AM

What a fun thread, Sara!

I reached my stated goal a few weeks ago - was very conservative with the estimate because I've never been able to lose weight before, so I didn't really think I'd lose, and honestly, would have been happy with a cessation of the slow, steady slide upward. But, with JUDDD, I did lose weight!! Once I hit goal, I actually made another mini goal to get below that - mostly as an exercise to see if I could do it, and dropped another four pounds, easy peasy. This is even with a few UUAD's where I ate half a bag of my favorite candy bars (you know the kind - those little mini bars at Halloween) Butterfinger - mmmm, love the way my teeth sink into the buttery goodness and how the flavor spreads out over my mouth. Then there is the chocolate to melt over it - If this is wrong, I don't want to be right, lol!!

I've been on JUDDD since the end of August (almost 4 months) - never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed I could lose as much weight as I have and also get to eat food that makes my heart sing. 2012 has been good in this respect, here's to a successful 2013 WLM for all our JUDDD BUDDD's!!

KeirasMom 12-19-2012 12:46 PM

When I started JUDDD last December, I was hoping against hope to be in Onederland by my birthday in September. On my birthday, I was 188.4! Then I thought, I'd love to lose 100 pounds total between Atkins and JUDDD. I hit that 11/11/12. Then, I wanted to be 175 pounds. Hit that mark on 11/28/12. Now, I'd LOVE to be 168 point anything by New Year's Day. That will put me into the "normal" BMI category. I'm one to two pounds away from that goal depending on UD or DD bounce, so I think I might make it! :D

SavLexiMom 12-19-2012 01:10 PM

I wanted to be under 200 this year, and if I had started the year with JUDDD, I bet I'd be way past that, lol! But alas, I didn't, and still have a few pounds to go. For once in my life, I'm not depressed about that because I know I'll get there!! I'm optimistic that January will mean Onederland for me, and I can't wait!!! :jumpjoy:

Carly 12-19-2012 02:22 PM

I wanted to be "normal" with a BMI of 25 or less by the new year which for me was 136lb. I did that a few weeks ago and have done a maintenance break starting 12/5. My bounce has been between 134.7- 137.6
On Jan. 2nd I will jump into WLM once again with both feet and head toward goal.

Librarygirl 12-19-2012 03:37 PM

I started trying halfheartedly to lose weight on my own last summer, but joined LCF and started doing LC in Sept. I didn't have a particular goal except to lose, lose, and lose some more, as I had about 70 lbs I wanted off. In Nov. I started JUDDD and my goal for the end of Dec. was/is to be in the 80's, if it's 189.5 that's ok. :D And if I bounce back into the 90s, which I surely will, that's ok too. I just want to SEE it, lol. I have 3ish lbs to go to get there. Fingers crossed. :)

angie1 12-19-2012 03:41 PM

I really wanted to be out of the 160s for December, but thats not really going to happen in December lol . Definitely my January goal!! :D

Lumina 12-19-2012 04:28 PM

Well, I started in December so my December goal is the same as my 2012!

So 179 is my goal. I'm verrrrrry close (as low as 180 last DD... Today is another DD and hoping it smidges down to 179) so I may make it!

svenskamae 12-19-2012 04:51 PM

I would have loved to be in the 170s (such as 179.9) by 2013, but it's not likely to happen, since I have some holiday social events built around dinners happening soon (at friends' houses). If I get there in 2013, that's okay. My next goal was to hit the "overweight" but not "obese" BMI; it would be nice to be there by my birthday in late February, but so long as I'm making downward progress, it's okay if it takes me longer than that. I'm coming to accept that I can control what and how much I eat, but not how fast my body drops weight in response, so my main goals are to stay on plan (primal, lowcarb/moderateprotein/highfat) and keep to my JUDDD rotations every day--up to 2013 and well beyond.

LuckyLou 12-20-2012 01:46 PM

I didn't have a weight loss goal for 2012 because pre-JUDDD, I had totally given up on diets. I had stopped sugar @ the beginning of summer in an effort to stop bouts of bingeing and that inadvertently took me from 210 to 205.

Then I came across an article about IF, watched the Horizon documentary & with a lovely but slightly tight dress to wear for a sept wedding had an incentive to give it a go.I put no pressure on myself, just tried it out to see how I'd cope and found it easier than I expected.

So now I find myself around 25lbs lighter than I was and on a WOE that I have found easy at times, hard at times but ultimately right for me. And I'm ready to jump back in to WLM in January. And I trust it enough to actually set a goal weight. I am one happy accidental JUDDDer :)

sterlinggirl 12-20-2012 01:56 PM

My goal when i started in March was to be at 190. a number i thought i would never get to, due to diet failurs and age being a problem and once i hit that number i just did not feel done,, today i am at a happy 166 with one pound to reach by Jan .. i want to say,, 60 pounds gone not, 59 lol:)

gotsomeold 12-20-2012 03:15 PM

I never set goals that involve things that are not within my control. How quickly my body loses weight is one of those things. So, I started JUDDD on 1/1/12 with a goal to weight much less and know more about how my body works by the end of the year. Success! I definitely made my goal :clap:

Librarygirl 12-20-2012 03:26 PM

:goodpost::goodpost: Wise and inspiring. :)

Librarygirl 12-20-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16146217)
My goal when i started in March was to be at 190. a number i thought i would never get to, due to diet failurs and age being a problem and once i hit that number i just did not feel done,, today i am at a happy 166 with one pound to reach by Jan .. i want to say,, 60 pounds gone not, 59 lol:)

:congrats::clap:

WantToBeSlim 12-20-2012 06:31 PM

I started dieting in late March this year and had planned to be at goal by around Oct or Nov, that did not happen though because I quit after losing nearly 40 lb and in my 2 months off plan I regained almost 20 of those pounds ... and that's when I started JUDDD 1st October. By about week 3 or 4 on JUDDD I had hoped (in my mind I had actually set it as a goal) to lose between 21 and 28 lb by christmas, but I am not going to meet that target... I knew that by about week 8ish so scrapped my christmas goal because it was starting to upset me that I wouldn't make it.

My overall goal is to get to 147 lb but I am NOT setting a date because if I don't make it by then I know it will get to me, sounds stupid but that's just how I am. I constantly knock myself down. Nothing I do is ever good enough. I have come to accept these thoughts having had them for over 12 years now.

sorenkkg 12-20-2012 08:42 PM

I started 2012 with renewed passion for LC (which brought me back to this board), knowing I wouldn't exercise till I lost some weight and not feeling bad about that, and a plan to be at 200 by November.

Like Nancy said above :goodpost: is that most of my goals were not in my control (except not beating myself up about exercise).

So, looking back on the year, I can say the following:
  • I lost a good 20+ pounds that stayed off (I probably lost a ton more, but went up/down all year...)
  • I traveled way more for work than I had planned to, and to waaaay different places than usual (chalk that up to "out of my control")
  • I finished my therapy sessions this year(started a few years ago)-- originally it was grief therapy, but we covered all sorts of topics-- and I learned a LOT about myself in all different areas. I learned that being mean to myself gets me nowhere. I'm much nicer in my "inner voice" now :heart:
  • I learned about JUDDD and I really like it. I can enjoy food, and don't villainize it. DH and I can enjoy our holidays for the first time in 8yrs without tremendous guilt over "blowing it", which is huge.

My plan for 2013-- after my Jan 1st dim sum brunch :D I plan for good rotations, lower carb eating, and working on maintaining good rotations even when I travel (b/c that IS in my control).
I have an idea of what weight I'd like to lose, but I think that I may have finally learned that lesson (we make plans, the universe laughs) so I'll just say I'd like to wear smaller clothes at the end of 2013 than I do at the beginning.
;)

S.

LuckyLou 12-21-2012 12:14 AM

Interesting thoughts about non-number-related goals, ladies. I've found in the past that having specific deadlines puts me under too much pressure so much as I believe in the power of JUDDD, I might reconsider a 2013 specific number goal. We're all wired differently, I guess :)

Sammyann 12-21-2012 03:29 AM

When I started in March my goal was 140. I made it to 143.5 and fell off the wagon. I gained some back and then lost some due to a medication. I just started back this Dec 6.5lbs above goal. I now have 2.5lbs to goal. If the holidays don't mess me up too bad I think I will make it.

mom23kids 12-21-2012 03:46 AM

Well, never thought I'd be reporting back with this, but I hit my end of year goal this week, actually the day after I started this thread :eek: :jumpjoy: I've been doing the meat/egg fast this week and that got things moving-as of this morning I'm down to 149lbs :jumpjoy: Today is my last day on the fast and then I'm going right into all the holiday craziness we have planned. My 2012 goal was to get into the 140's and I'm there, at least until tomorrow's UUAD :laugh:

gotsomeold 12-21-2012 05:27 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Sara :jumpjoy:

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Everybody!!!

Eieio 12-21-2012 05:34 AM

GOOD MORNING
Looks like we all made it!
Sun coming up!
MY wish/work/ to do list?
TO get as far below 150 as I could by DeC. restarted Nov. 26th, at 150 me thinks.
I've done what the book says.
Im happy.
I'm very proud of us all.
Several of us nailed it within a few lbs. HOW COOL IT IS!
Some dropped below their goal. I LOVE IT!

Carly 12-21-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16147024)
:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Sara :jumpjoy:

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Everybody!!!

:jumpjoy::clap::jumpjoy:

AsmallerME 12-21-2012 05:57 AM

My goal for this year was 199. I started at 277 and I will probably end the year somewhere near 240. I didn't make it, but there were a lot of changes this year and I will probably end the year down a solid 35+ pounds.

LoCarbGal 12-21-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16146918)
Well, never thought I'd be reporting back with this, but I hit my end of year goal this week, actually the day after I started this thread :eek: :jumpjoy: I've been doing the meat/egg fast this week and that got things moving-as of this morning I'm down to 149lbs :jumpjoy: Today is my last day on the fast and then I'm going right into all the holiday craziness we have planned. My 2012 goal was to get into the 140's and I'm there, at least until tomorrow's UUAD :laugh:

Fantastic Sara! Doesn't that feel good? Your meat/egg fast inspired me to go back to my protein/fat only DDs, and it's resulted in getting my December losses really going, so THANK YOU! I'll need this head start going into serious holiday eating, and looking forward to using it to get going in January!

deedee 12-21-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Well, never thought I'd be reporting back with this, but I hit my end of year goal this week, actually the day after I started this thread
Amazing!!! Congratulations on ending 2012 off right!