Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Joedi,

It is so nice to ''see'' you. It looks as if maintenance has agreed with you!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
I get a massage every other week and have for the last 12 years - so while small then large then small again. I'm a big believer in stress being almost as bad as food for weight issues. I'm sure others disagree but I really believe the stress relieving aspect of the massages aided in weight loss. If nothing else they're great for purging out the toxins.

Over the 12 years I've used 4 different therapists or locations and there were people (clients AND therapists) of all shapes and sizes at all of them. I've never once felt judged or like the therapists are going to talk about me.

If you're going to a day spa type salon they probably have so many people in and out in day anyway. They're probably more concerned with keeping on time than with what anyone looks like.

Facials and pedicures are nice too though so enjoy yourself no matter which you decide to have.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: seaofsand
Stats: 236/215/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 2014
Wow, I'm touched. I sat and read every response to my post. Thank you all so much for the support and wise words.

I talked to my friend on the phone the other night, and I think she could tell in my voice that I was nervous about it. She later e-mailed me and said that she decided just to get us a day pass to the steam room, sauna, and hot tub. I felt relieved. At least in the hot tub, I can submerge myself and stay covered. Also, the hot tub at this place is so neat and I have always wanted to visit it. My husband actually helped to build this spa years ago. He's in construction. If you go to this link, there's a picture of the hot tub area at the top of the page. I love the sprinklers above it. It looks relaxing.

The Spa at Hard Rock Albuquerque

I have really taken all of your words to heart, though. I have a huge amount of body image issues to work through. They have been the bane of my existence for all of my adult life. They have affected every party or event I've attended (or didn't attend), and even hurt my marriage at times. This is just another example.

What Joyjoy and divinemsm54 said really hit me hardest. What you feel about yourself comes back to you from other people. It's so true. It's just so hard to change your own feelings.

But all of the posts here were so encouraging, especially from those of you who either have performed massages or received them, that I'm considering getting myself that scrub after all. I'll let you know if I do it.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I've had a zillion massages and seriously, you will love it.

I used to be so body conscious about those things and still am, to a certain extent, but once I ended up with chronic migraines/tension headaches and back pain, all that flew out the window. A good massage is heavenly. Focus on how it feels rather than your body. They truly can be so therapeutic...they help stimulate lymphatic drainage and blood flow along with soothing muscles. I haven't gotten one for months (massage therapist moved away), and I MISS IT terribly.

GO! HAVE FUN! Let go and enjoy yourself!!! Honestly, why deprive yourself of something wonderful because you are worried what another person (who you will probably never see again) thinks about you? You are only hurting yourself.

Last edited by DD80; 12-20-2012 at 07:02 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
[QUOTE=seaofsand;16145102]Wow, I'm touched. I sat and read every response to my post. Thank you all so much for the support and wise words.

I talked to my friend on the phone the other night, and I think she could tell in my voice that I was nervous about it. She later e-mailed me and said that she decided just to get us a day pass to the steam room, sauna, and hot tub. I felt relieved. At least in the hot tub, I can submerge myself and stay covered. Also, the hot tub at this place is so neat and I have always wanted to visit it. My husband actually helped to build this spa years ago. He's in construction. If you go to this link, there's a picture of the hot tub area at the top of the page. I love the sprinklers above it. It looks relaxing.

The Spa at Hard Rock Albuquerque
Sea, the hot tub sounds gorgeous, gorgeous.
I just want to add one more thing. I was a chiropractor for a long time and retired two years ago. The thing I really miss - it makes my eyes well up, still, to think about it - is getting to know people by having my hands on their beautiful flesh - It's such an incredible way to get to know someone. It's as though all the biases and judgements we all carry disappear during hands-on contact. I love flesh, and I suspect that my love of flesh helped patients feel better about theirs while making me feel better about mine.

Anyway, blah, blah. I just can't help feeling that Love wants to play a bigger role in this equation, somehow.
And you're letting it happen by participating in whatever way feels best.
Hope that hot tub is Fabulous. You deserve it.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Love, love, love that hot tub! Enjoy and let us know how it was!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I am so happy you found the perfect solution for you! Hot tubs are such a wonderful invention. And the steam room and sauna will be so nice. Your friend is a good friend to have intuited your discomfort and make a change.

Now you can stop stressing and anticipate the event with joy. Jumping for joy for you.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I don't have time right now to read all the replies to your first post, Sweetie, but wanted to pop in with my two cents comments anyway.

First big and you know I totally understand how you feel. Before I started losing weight, I didn't even want to show up at our local gym because it's small and only skinny women were there whenever I went.

When I read that this spa day is a gift from your BFF it made me think about my BFF and how I would feel if I got us what I thought was a great gift and she rejected it.

Just think about what a wonderful person your friend is and enjoy the day with her.

I'm sure the body scrub person is a non-judgemental professional and you might be surprised to strike up a conversation and find you have things in common.

You are beautiful just the way you are. Go look in the mirror right now and pick out something you love about you. Your beautiful eyes? Your lovely hair? Nice ankles? Toes? You ARE getting smaller and you are working on getting healthier.

I'm proud of you for every pound you have lost and just for the wonderful person you are.

Start focusing on the things you love about you and we love about you. Think about all those things and close your eyes and relax at the spa!

We love you, JUDD BUDD!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
Sea - I think that you will love the spa day pass. I have been to a lot of spas and it a great place to unwind and get relaxed. Sometimes I get self conscious when I first arrive, but by the end I'm so relaxed that I don't think twice about what other people are thinking about me. I have found most spas to be non-judgmental and therapists to be extremely nice and respectful.

One thing I purchased that helps me feel more comfortable is a towel wrap that I take with me and use in lieu of the postage stamp towels that most places provide. That way I can go into the steam room without exposing myself. Some women are perfectly comfortable stripping down in there, but I'm not one of them!

Maybe this day pass will be your first step into the spa world. Next time you'll be asking for all of the services!