Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Non-Scale Victories (Part 2) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/791633-non-scale-victories-part-2-a.html)

Kathy 12-18-2012 07:36 AM

Non-Scale Victories (Part 2)

The previous thread titled "Non-Scale Victories" has been closed due to its size. Please continue your discussion here.

Carly 12-18-2012 07:47 AM

Wow... we are so full of NSVs we need a new thread!!!!!!

Kissa 12-18-2012 07:50 AM

Yay, we are indeed victorious!

LoCarbGal 12-18-2012 07:56 AM

Woo hoo! Isn't it great?!?!?

Shari4 12-18-2012 09:06 AM

And the NSV's continue!!! Just the short time I've been here, I expect this new thread to grow as big as the last!! Way to go everyone!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

svenskamae 12-18-2012 02:40 PM

I can wear size medium pants!!! I'm still a "large" uptop (in stomach and breasts) but it's great to be medium-sized in my hips, at last.

Luv2Eat 12-18-2012 05:50 PM

:kicking:

Babsbabs 12-18-2012 06:26 PM

Wonderful that we have so many NSV'S that we needed a part 2:clap:
I have had so many non-scale victories with JUDDD, better health, better skin, binge control and I don't have to have 3 sizes of clothing in my closet of which only the largest size ever gets worn out! The one that stands out for me right now is that last week I went into a store I never thought I would. I shopped at Zara. I am a large there but things fit:).

Shari4 12-18-2012 06:39 PM

Hooray :jumpjoy: for medium hips & size large clothes at Zara!! Way to go svenskamae & Babsbabs!!! Y'all are :sing: !!

Luv2Eat 12-18-2012 07:13 PM

:sing:

I have another NSV - since I got older and frumpy, people looked over my head or through me. After I lost weight with JUDDD, they make eye contact and smile more often. Maybe it's the JUDDD Magic shining through :hiya:

SavLexiMom 12-18-2012 07:57 PM

I finally found a pair of jeans I LOVE and don't cause saggy butt syndrome after an hour! I've had them a week and they're too big!! :jumpjoy: I hate jean shopping, so it kinda makes me mad, but I'm happy to be shrinking!

LoCarbGal 12-18-2012 10:40 PM

Great NSVs everyone! This is so exciting!

Kissa 12-19-2012 03:23 AM

Medium hips, shopping in Zara (I love Zara!), improved health and no binges, wearing our smallest closet clothes, being noticed and admired and, oh dear, growing out of new and loved jeans after just a week!.

What a nice way to start my day. Love this thread x 2. :)

brehede 12-19-2012 03:37 AM

I have a new NSV - I just had a set of blood tests done because I wanted to check my Thyroid. My results were excellent, normal cholesterol, low Triglycerides etc. Also have normal blood pressure - really challenged my doctors assumptions given I am still very over weight!

I am taking part in an exercise & diet study for diabetes prevention. I tried to suggest to the researcher that they consider looking at LC (which works well for me with JUDDD) but she was completely closed to the idea. Assured me that fats were converted to glucose anyway! Explained to me that high fibre and low fat had been "proven" to best diet!

Dee

LoCarbGal 12-19-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brehede (Post 16143300)
I have a new NSV - I just had a set of blood tests done because I wanted to check my Thyroid. My results were excellent, normal cholesterol, low Triglycerides etc. Also have normal blood pressure - really challenged my doctors assumptions given I am still very over weight!

I am taking part in an exercise & diet study for diabetes prevention. I tried to suggest to the researcher that they consider looking at LC (which works well for me with JUDDD) but she was completely closed to the idea. Assured me that fats were converted to glucose anyway! Explained to me that high fibre and low fat had been "proven" to best diet!

Dee

Ach! Makes me crazy! If it was the best diet, then how come so many of us can't stay on it for any length of time. For me, the low fat/high carb diet meant nothing but deprivation, and slooooowwwww losses, if any. I think the people who tout that diet don't enjoy food, and don't understand those of us who do.....AT ALL!

sungoddess 12-19-2012 07:39 AM

Wow I am so excited. I never had a thread I started continue for so long. I absolutely love reading about the NSV's so very much.When I read them, I laugh, I cry, I rejoice, and sustain my hope. It is just so positive. Keep 'em coming for part 2 as I need these reports to keep me going.

Congrats to everyone!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

cici52 12-19-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungoddess (Post 16143716)
Wow I am so excited. I never had a thread I started continue for so long. I absolutely love reading about the NSV's so very much.When I read them, I laugh, I cry, I rejoice, and sustain my hope. It is just so positive. Keep 'em coming for part 2 as I need these reports to keep me going.

Congrats to everyone!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Ditto. Love reading all the good and uplifting moments in your lives.

svenskamae 12-19-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brehede (Post 16143300)

Dee

Congratulations on your excellent healthy results, Dee!

How frustrating that the researcher was so close-minded and ill-informed! Sheesh, we know that lowcarb diets were used successfully for diabetes treatment for decades, prior to the development of insulin, and there are lots of studies, personal testimonies, and evidence from blood glucose testing that low carb is an excellent approach to preventing and treating/reversing Type 2 diabetes. So sad that a supposed "expert" is blind to all that information.

deedee 12-19-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

I'd love to see the scientific research she has that fats are converted to glucose. Good for you for trying to spread information anyway.

sorenkkg 12-19-2012 11:13 AM

Love that we're in a new thread! :D

Well done all you NSVers!

I'm back from my last business trip of 2012, and I did pretty well-- maybe not as well as I liked (a student from Japan gave me some yummy mini chocolates and they were different and interesting-- but I brought most of them home! )

My latest NSV is that I had my birthday brunch this past Sunday, and while I *know for a fact* that I'm up on the scale and not down, TWO people pulled me aside to comment that I look great and I look like i"ve lost weight since I last saw them.

:D I'll take that any day!

onward and downward :)
S.

Luv2Eat 12-19-2012 11:43 AM

Yeah, Soren! :kicking:

svenskamae 12-19-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16144026)
I'd love to see the scientific research she has that fats are converted to glucose. Good for you for trying to spread information anyway.

This probably comes down to a mis-interpretation of the fact that our brains run fine on ketones as well as on glucose, so she assumes that fat ketones are actually "converted to glucose." I assume the director of a study like that would have an advanced degree, and it's pretty shocking that someone with such training would be so misinformed.

Carly 12-19-2012 04:45 PM

Cici- I love the new avi you look great, but... BRRRRRRRRR- it looks colder where you are than where I am! I don't think I could smile while being cold :o :hyst:

Zib 12-21-2012 08:32 AM

NSV for me is a continuation, as my main reason for doing this was my cholesterol was at 300 and would not go lower. So I started this WOE and dropped it immediately. Than while proudly showing my doctor at my annual that it was going down (I dontate platelets every month so get a non-fasting test so could show her the progress from those monthly tests), my official blood test showed I was down to 249 and my ratios were good. She also found my TSH was elevated so adjusted by thyroid med.

So my last blood bank cholesterol test result? 229. 20 more points!

I have to say that as I'd dropped 50 points before my meds were changed the bulk of the improvement seems to be coming from my WOE, even if the TSH level was definitely contributing to my problem.

YAY JUDDD!

Kismet311 12-21-2012 08:39 AM

NSV for me yesterday...stayed away from potluck at work. A bunch of people kept telling me to go try stuff but I just picked up my secret santa gift that was next to the buffet table and left! I was saving my calories for the TOPS party I was going to later. Also there, I did NOT overeat. Many yummy things but I only tasted a few. Took a bit of dessert put passed on most of it (it was all being passed around and I just kept passing it without gobbling everything). That is totally unheard of for me LOL
The best thing last week was I had been kind of bummed that I was not losing weight too quickly...but this woman at work stopped me and said that lately I have been looking really good and was I dieting?? I was stunned...someone actually noticed! She wasn't just being nice either because I really don't even know her. It really made me feel good. Even though I don't lose quickly it all adds up in the end!

Eieio 12-21-2012 09:16 AM

ZIP and Kismet... U are v strong very happy for u.
We know what we want to save our calories for at party times.
Way toooo much food to eat, we have to pick our battles, so to speak.
You both won yesterday! Nice.
And the applause begins!!!

svenskamae 12-21-2012 09:18 AM

Great news, Zib and Kismet! :clap: That's really a dramatic improvement, Zib, and I'm hoping my blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels are down at my next biometric assessment. I can do one, under my insurance plan, multiple times per year, so I'm planning my next one for 6 months into JUDDD, which would be sometime after April 25.

Good for you for avoiding food and not overeating at two events in one day, Kismet. It seems odd that a TOPS party would have food, since I would think the organization wouldn't necessarily want to encourage people to eat desserts as a way to socialize--but I've never participated in the organization, so what do I know? :dunno: Congratulations on the great compliment, too. :high5:

Kissa 12-21-2012 09:44 AM

Zibb that is just so encouraging, I love the health benefits of JUDDD.

Kismet I thing that is a really lovely NSV, we are creating a normal relationship with food, something most of us have seldom enjoyed in our lives.

Babsbabs 12-21-2012 10:09 AM

Yeah Zib! That is wonderful to read how much progress you have made on improving your cholesterol!
Wonderful Kismet that you could pick your treats and keep passing on the ones that weren't a priority! I find that so easy when I am alone now thanks to JUDDD but still in social situations it can be more difficult. It sounds like you handled it perfectly!

sungoddess 12-21-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zib (Post 16147372)
NSV for me is a continuation, as my main reason for doing this was my cholesterol was at 300 and would not go lower. So I started this WOE and dropped it immediately. Than while proudly showing my doctor at my annual that it was going down (I dontate platelets every month so get a non-fasting test so could show her the progress from those monthly tests), my official blood test showed I was down to 249 and my ratios were good. She also found my TSH was elevated so adjusted by thyroid med.

So my last blood bank cholesterol test result? 229. 20 more points!

I have to say that as I'd dropped 50 points before my meds were changed the bulk of the improvement seems to be coming from my WOE, even if the TSH level was definitely contributing to my problem.

YAY JUDDD!

This is so exciting!!! I want some of that mojo too!I am dancing a big happy dance for you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16147381)
NSV for me yesterday...stayed away from potluck at work. A bunch of people kept telling me to go try stuff but I just picked up my secret santa gift that was next to the buffet table and left! I was saving my calories for the TOPS party I was going to later. Also there, I did NOT overeat. Many yummy things but I only tasted a few. Took a bit of dessert put passed on most of it (it was all being passed around and I just kept passing it without gobbling everything). That is totally unheard of for me LOL
The best thing last week was I had been kind of bummed that I was not losing weight too quickly...but this woman at work stopped me and said that lately I have been looking really good and was I dieting?? I was stunned...someone actually noticed! She wasn't just being nice either because I really don't even know her. It really made me feel good. Even though I don't lose quickly it all adds up in the end!

Nice NSV!! Feeling in control is a wonderful feeling! It is just lovely to have people stop and compliment you and tell you that you are looking really good. You deserve it!:D