Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Angie, THAT is huge! Seriously, I get what you're saying 110% b/c I have gone off plan before, regained everything, and then got back on. (way before JUDDD, on SB, but still...) It is such a HUGE thing to be able to get back on...especially wanting to! I couldn't bring myself to do SB one more time. So glad I found everyone here.

LCG, oh how fun to get in to a smaller pant size! WOOHOOOO! Ignore the stupid scales, they don't know anything. Eventually, they'll have to come around.

Shari, so happy for your DH! I hope he's excited!!!

Texas, yes, calorie counting really is key! Crazy how much we can consume unchecked, huh?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1 View Post
So after gaining most of my weight back from an "Extended holiday" of eating everything in sight and quitting any weight loss attempt.

This morning I woke up and truly missed JBs and this WOE!! Its a huge victory for me to be back here (usually I just give up from being to embarrassed to admit I haven't been on plan) .

All thanks to my JUDDD budds!! Thank youuu for being so supportive
Welcome back Angie!! Failure is only temporary, if you don't quit trying.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
So many awesome NSVs... Bright eyes, smaller clothes, a JB coming back since it's harder to stay away, increased self knowledge!
LCG- try clothes on frequently- sadly I missed wearing things I had since the scale wasn't moving much I didn't realize the inches were disappearing.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Hi Sheryl ! Nice to meet you ..I hope you are loving this WOE!

So happy to be back here looks like everyone is doing wonderfully!!

Thank you for the warm "welcome backs" - I knew you guys would understand!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #245
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
This is probably an odd one, but definitely a victory for me and non-scale.

I now look at the magazines at the check stand and never pick one up. In the past I would read about some new Atkins variation, or a quick loss plan, or a miracle supplement and even tho I knew it wasn't anything new in a WOE and that the supplement wouldn't be as great as advertised, or would be prohibitively expensive, I'd pick up the magazine.

Now I glance at the cover headlines and am not tempted. I'm thinking this WOE is saving me a small fortune.
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos
Old 01-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zib View Post

I now look at the magazines at the check stand and never pick one up. In the past I would read about some new Atkins variation, or a quick loss plan, or a miracle supplement and even tho I knew it wasn't anything new in a WOE and that the supplement wouldn't be as great as advertised, or would be prohibitively expensive, I'd pick up the magazine.

Now I glance at the cover headlines and am not tempted. I'm thinking this WOE is saving me a small fortune.
Oh, I love that one!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Wonderful heart warming NSV guys!
A few weeks ago I touched up my gray(blonde roots actually) ... Not.
My coloring went well, looked fine. plus it didn't cost $100!
When hubby got home I was Anxious to see if he noticed no ugly roots...
Of course I had to ask, prime it out of him if he noticed anything different about me, looking at him close in the face!
Ended up had to tell him. He said He didn't care about my hair turning gray!
I just fall in love with him all over again with stuff like this happens.
Question please.
Is there a study that shows JUDDD helps/prevents gray hair?
Follow Gotsome will know!?!?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zib View Post

Awesome!!!! This is the best WOE ever!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #249
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wonderful NSV, saving money because we know we already have the answer...

And Ei, we are definitely going blonde, not grey. It is ash blonde, hold that thought.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #250

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I have a weird one. Today I was at . . . Wendy's! and there was a small line. When the manager saw me (not even my normal cashier) she smiled and got my order ready, then had me go to the front of the line. I didn't want to as there were two people still in front of me, but they said since all I was getting was chili and I had my money out, it was okay. I felt very weird about it all, but who knew JUDDD gives you front of the line priveleges?!

** I will NOT take advantage of this newfound ability! **

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Zib, that's a great NSV! Not only are you saving money, you have the peace that comes with having the solution, and don't have to look further!

Ei, what a wonderful DH! Hang onto that one!

Cindy, "ash blonde" - love that!

Dawn, VIP treatment. Gotta love it! I used to go to a place where the gal always knew what I wanted and around when I'd be in. That was fun. I felt like Norm at Cheers!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #252
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
Eieio, I used to have my hair returned to its "natural blonde color", too. Then I let it go grey and was shocked at how great it looks. It's not the dark aging grey I expected, but very light with a few well-placed white streaks. OH loves it and every time I go in to get my hair cut my stylist says something like, "I can't believe how great this looks." She was certain I'd be in 2 months into the grow-out to have my "natural blonde color" returned.

I remember an episode on "Facts of Life" where Blair complained to her colorist about sun spots or something causing her hair color to change from its natural blonde.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

And Ei, we are definitely going blonde, not grey. It is ash blonde, hold that thought.
So, I'm going ash brown then?

EI, I don't think JUDDD has any impact on hair color, I'm sorry to say. But with our leftover money from magazines and only eating 1/2 the food from before, we can afford REALLY GOOD professional colorists!

re: magazines and JUDDD... now that I can eat *anything*, I'm actually buying MORE food magazines than before. I even picked up a Cooking Light, and am considering a subscription.

b/c what I needed was to be even more of a foodie than I was before! LOL thanks JUDDD

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
my victory this morning was picking a healthier choice for breakfast than I ever would have. Even though I was totally ravenous. And even though it wasn't THAT healthy and included a tortilla, it was less calories and included protein, unlike the 300 calorie bagel and cream cheese I normally would have picked.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay for healthy choices Tex! That's a great one.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
my victory this morning was picking a healthier choice for breakfast than I ever would have. Even though I was totally ravenous. And even though it wasn't THAT healthy and included a tortilla, it was less calories and included protein, unlike the 300 calorie bagel and cream cheese I normally would have picked.
Congrats on making better choices, Tex! I used to be such a bagel addict. I went from the high carb high cal ones to whole wheat thinking I was solving the problem. That was before my LC days. Now I make flax muffins when I need a "bread" fix. A bagel just isn't worth the calories and carbs for me anymore.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #257
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carlye
Stats: 120kg/108kg/TBA
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2013
I have a double sided NSV. My denim Capri pants are way too big for me!
But all my other pants are still too small

And I saw two friends for coffee today and both said 'hi, how are you. You've lost weight'. Which made me very happy. I'm just finishing week two of JUDDD, but not sure of any weight loss yet, cos I can't get on the scales at this time of month :/
Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewSize4Me
Stats: 175.8/165.2/135
Start Date: January 7, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have a weird one. Today I was at . . . Wendy's! and there was a small line. When the manager saw me (not even my normal cashier) she smiled and got my order ready, then had me go to the front of the line. I didn't want to as there were two people still in front of me, but they said since all I was getting was chili and I had my money out, it was okay. I felt very weird about it all, but who knew JUDDD gives you front of the line priveleges?!

** I will NOT take advantage of this newfound ability! **
"With great power comes great responsibility."

Love your NSV.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlye View Post
I have a double sided NSV. My denim Capri pants are way too big for me!
But all my other pants are still too small

And I saw two friends for coffee today and both said 'hi, how are you. You've lost weight'. Which made me very happy. I'm just finishing week two of JUDDD, but not sure of any weight loss yet, cos I can't get on the scales at this time of month :/
Isn't that a wonderful feeling, to have people notice? And it's proof positive that you're getting smaller!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
We got a last minute invitation to a white tie charity ball for next week so I had to pull out my formal gowns and do the try on. Most of them were too big but DH said what about that green one? The green one is a sexy halter top thing that I wore many years ago when I had lost weight for about a minute and a half. I told him no way would that fit but he convinced me to try it on and guess what - zipped right up with room to spare! Not sure if I will wear that one or the more conservative and covered up (but beautiful) black one. It's a confidence issue. Do I want to stand out in a room full of black dresses in a daring, colorful dress?? Not sure. We'll see.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
We got a last minute invitation to a white tie charity ball for next week so I had to pull out my formal gowns and do the try on. Most of them were too big but DH said what about that green one? The green one is a sexy halter top thing that I wore many years ago when I had lost weight for about a minute and a half. I told him no way would that fit but he convinced me to try it on and guess what - zipped right up with room to spare! Not sure if I will wear that one or the more conservative and covered up (but beautiful) black one. It's a confidence issue. Do I want to stand out in a room full of black dresses in a daring, colorful dress?? Not sure. We'll see.
YES! (But I understand your concern, I'd probably feel the same, but would let my JB convince me otherwise- and post a pic before you go out!)
Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Oooh, congrats to you, TJ! That has to feel fabulous!!!!!!!!!! (yes, wear the green! I bet it's a gorgeous color!!)
Old 01-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Post pics of you in both dresses and I'll tell you which one to wear.

Excellent NSV!!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Well I say the green one. It fits with room to spare, how wonderful!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #265

TJ, just do it lady! He knows you will look good and so do we....
Old 01-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
TJ - Go for it. Wear the green. Black is depressing in winter.

I have a backwards NSV. I "used" to have a never ending supply of T-shirts that I would get from DH. He is a coach and they give them T-shirts for EVERYTHING. But they always give him an XL, maybe a L in a blue moon. They are soooooo big on me I can't wear them anywhere but to feed the goats. I love to be able to throw a T-shirt on with jeans to do errands or stuff like that. But I am down to swiping M ones from my DS' supply in his closet. Hopefully he won't miss them since he has zillions and doesn't even live here anymore.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #267

Adi, you'll never be an L again, never mind an XL. Yay.....
Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!

TJ, that's great! How exciting and you didn't even know you had gotten that small! I would love pics too!

Adi, that' a bummer and a yahoo at the same time! I would miss the never ending supply of t-shirts, but hey, I'm sure you'll take it!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #269

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Adi, I know what you mean. I went to an event not long ago where they give you t-shirts, and was given a size large, even though a medium would have fit better. It came down past my butt, so I wore leggings and tall boots with it.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

That is a NSV and a Yahoo mixed together. I have some random 3x tops hanging around and every once in a while I throw one on and say "OMG! This used to fit! Now it could fit 3 of me!!!!!" It's fun and depressing all at once.
Closed Thread