Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #1801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ah, nobody makes a size for moi. I have a hideous gut and no boobs. Dawn is talking about needing small band size with larger cup size and I am in the very unenviable position of needing a large band size and pre pubescent cup size. LOLOL!!! (seriously, I need a 38 nearly B, I think...or even better, one B & one A! <snort>) To use Dawn's analogy, if your cup size is teenie, your band size should be, too. (I wish!!!)

Last edited by Flutter; 09-16-2013 at 11:14 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #1802
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I met some friends for lunch, and then later another friend for coffee today. Two of them hadn't seen me since about 100 pounds ago and the reactions I got were sooooooo much fun! These are people who have never seen me thin, or even close to it. One said "you're like a whole new person!" And that's how I feel.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #1803
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I met some friends for lunch, and then later another friend for coffee today. Two of them hadn't seen me since about 100 pounds ago and the reactions I got were sooooooo much fun! These are people who have never seen me thin, or even close to it. One said "you're like a whole new person!" And that's how I feel.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #1804
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Don't get me started on bra shopping. Ugh.

My band size is 32-34 now, and I'm wearing 36DD on the tightest clasp. I've tried 34D bras and I spill over the top, but the DD is a little big. I think they need to make an in-between size for those of us who have to roll them up and stuff them in. Plus I'm having a really hard time finding 32 or 34 DD. It seems if your band size is smaller it's assumed your cup size will be smaller too.
Yes, it's a mess! My bras look like some type of weapon grade sling shot, but the cute ones with thin straps and bands just won't cut it.

Quote:
My closest friend says I'm like a whole different person too. When we talk on the phone she says she hears a difference in my voice.

I hope you enjoy every moment of your "new" self.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #1805
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Ah, nobody makes a size for moi. I have a hideous gut and no boobs. Dawn is talking about needing small band size with larger cup size and I am in the very unenviable position of needing a large band size and pre pubescent cup size. LOLOL!!! (seriously, I need a 38 nearly B, I think...or even better, one B & one A! <snort>) To use Dawn's analogy, if your cup size is teenie, your band size should be, too. (I wish!!!)
Your band size is not 38!! You are 128 lbs, and I bet you are smaller than that. I was a size A too all my adult life, until I had enhancements. It's been over 10 years ago now...the rest of me got so big, it didn't matter lol.

Quote:
Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

My closest friend says I'm like a whole different person too. When we talk on the phone she says she hears a difference in my voice.
You certainly look like a whole different person!!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #1806
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Aww so excited for you Carol.

So today I was feeling awful and I let one of my groups go early because I just couldn't focus. One of my more filter free clients says to me "Maybe you're losing weight too quickly." So I said "I'm fat! There's no quick weight loss when you're fat." So she then says, "Well I think you look fantastic. Are those new pants?"

It was an interesting conversation and a great feeling because a couple of clients pointed out the weight loss today so even though I'm still feeling crappy my client's truly made my day.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
Old 09-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #1807
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Aww so excited for you Carol.

So today I was feeling awful and I let one of my groups go early because I just couldn't focus. One of my more filter free clients says to me "Maybe you're losing weight too quickly." So I said "I'm fat! There's no quick weight loss when you're fat." So she then says, "Well I think you look fantastic. Are those new pants?"

It was an interesting conversation and a great feeling because a couple of clients pointed out the weight loss today so even though I'm still feeling crappy my client's truly made my day.
Love this! Sometimes they do as much for us a we do for them!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #1808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Your band size is not 38!! You are 128 lbs, and I bet you are smaller than that.
You may be right! I am getting desperate for bras that actually fit. I've been searching bra measurement sites and they are telling me I need a 34D. Besides almost falling out of my chair (and watching my DH laugh insanely after hearing the number), I started reading how many ladies said the measurement site was accurate. Good gravy, I was always a lovely 36B before kids. A D cup seems absolutely out of the question. LOL!!!

Quote:
You must have felt so wonderful! GOOD FOR YOU girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post

Your clients love you & that speaks volumes. I'm so glad they were able to cheer you up!!!

Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #1809
Blabbermouth!!!

Regarding bra sizing, I've just recently become a convert of keeping the band size as small as you can. I saw something on TV and online too maybe (I forget now ) about how the band should stay low and below your shoulder blades and not ride up, allowing the girls to sag lower in front. I always thought a tighter band would cause the back fat to bulge out too much, but when it sits in the right spot it actually contains the back fat pretty well. And keeps the girls up nicely.

I tried going tighter than I thought I could on the band, and it worked! Everything looks smoother in back, girls are riding nice and high in front, and I look slimmer overall! The band did feel too tight at first, but it looked so good I decided to "suffer" with it, and turns out I just needed to get used to how it felt.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #1810

Carol, I've found that to be true, too. Thanks for sharing that. One thing I noticed when I was much bigger and before I got properly fitted, (may be TMI), but I would get horrible heat rashes under the girls. It would burn and be an ugly red. Once I went to a tighter band, I realized the girls were just hanging too low and couldn't breath where they rested on my upper abdomen. I never have that problem anymore, even when I exercise and sweat.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #1811
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yeah, the heat rash was AWFUL! I haven't thought about that since last summer. YUCK! I used to get it in the creases of my upper thighs/abdomen too. Not missing that AT ALL.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #1812

Funny NSV here. On my calorie counting site, there was a thread posted asking if the new Wendy's girl was hot or not. You all know I LIVE on Wendy's chili, so I had to throw my two cents' worth in (BTW, I do think she's hot in a quirky, cute sort of way). So anyway, I replied, and some random dude replied later that he thinks I'm hotter than the Wendy's girl. A bit creepy, but still fun!

ETA: I forgot to add what DH told me yesterday too. He was hanging out with a friend who I haven't seen for about a year and a half. They were talking about who's hot, and DH's friend said he thinks Jamie Lee Curtis is hot. DH said, have you seen my wife lately? Since I cut my hair short and let it go gray (just dyed it back recently though), people often said I looked like Jamie Lee Curtis. I personally don't see it, and think it's just the hair, but whatever. She's kinda cute. DH said his friend's jaw dropped and he told him how lucky DH is to be married to me.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD

Last edited by KeirasMom; 09-17-2013 at 08:57 AM..
Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #1813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/150/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Whatever gets me to goal...
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Funny NSV here. On my calorie counting site, there was a thread posted asking if the new Wendy's girl was hot or not. You all know I LIVE on Wendy's chili, so I had to throw my two cents' worth in (BTW, I do think she's hot in a quirky, cute sort of way). So anyway, I replied, and some random dude replied later that he thinks I'm hotter than the Wendy's girl. A bit creepy, but still fun!
Some of the threads on that site get WILD. I had to stop - it was just too much!!!! Some of them really do push the limits though. And then there's the trolls. ugh....some people have nothing else better to do, don't they?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #1814
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
A little creepy, but also must feel good!

Quote:
ETA: I forgot to add what DH told me yesterday too. He was hanging out with a friend who I haven't seen for about a year and a half. They were talking about who's hot, and DH's friend said he thinks Jamie Lee Curtis is hot. DH said, have you seen my wife lately? Since I cut my hair short and let it go gray (just dyed it back recently though), people often said I looked like Jamie Lee Curtis. I personally don't see it, and think it's just the hair, but whatever. She's kinda cute. DH said his friend's jaw dropped and he told him how lucky DH is to be married to me.
Aw how sweet, and fun! And you are much prettier than Jamie Lee Curtis!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #1815

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yup!

On the bra front, (lol), I went from 36DD to 30G in one measuring session. I say measuring, no tape, she just eyed me up, tugged on the elastic at the back, then produced a lovely bra which felt tight round the band and did the job without cutting into my shoulders! It was a miracle.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #1816
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, dumb question coming up....

I just measured around my rib cage, right under the girls. I'm exactly 31". Is a size 36 bra band 36 inches? Because I would never consider trying on a 32, but I measure 31"... I must sound like a really "slow" 37 year old...

I'm confused, seriously. Cindy, I've never even seen a 30. I see 32A and 32AA, but size C and bigger is hard to find even 34. I think I need to go for a fitting, too.

I know Nordstrom and Bloomingdales does it. Maybe one of these weekends I'll walk over to either place and get a proper fitting.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #1817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn, that is so cute!! Love it!!! Always wonderful when your DH loves the way you look. <melt>

Kissa, wow, that's incredible!

Carly, what is your chest measurement? I can check the site I found last night for you.

On that note, I spent a few hours trying a bunch of sizes on today. I guess the 34D is fine, but I like to breathe. Seriously, I just was miserable and so used on of the "sister" sizes and came home with some 36Cs. I dunno. My measurements were 32 ribcage, 37 over, which measures at 34D on the sites, but I just couldn't do it! Not to mention, I have issues with refllux & tight stuff on my rib cage is not fun!

ETA, the lady I bought the bras from was telling me how they were her favorites when she did bra fittings for people. I told her great, b/c I needed some good ones for once. When I told her I was wearing 38B's she eyeballed me like Kissa's lady must have and said, "uh, I don't think so". LOL! I dunno why, though, that's a sister size of 34D as well!~ It's all so confusing!

Last edited by Flutter; 09-17-2013 at 04:16 PM..
Old 09-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #1818
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Dawn, that is so cute!! Love it!!! Always wonderful when your DH loves the way you look. <melt>

Kissa, wow, that's incredible!

Carly, what is your chest measurement? I can check the site I found last night for you.

On that note, I spent a few hours trying a bunch of sizes on today. I guess the 34D is fine, but I like to breathe. Seriously, I just was miserable and so used on of the "sister" sizes and came home with some 36Cs. I dunno. My measurements were 32 ribcage, 37 over, which measures at 34D on the sites, but I just couldn't do it! Not to mention, I have issues with refllux & tight stuff on my rib cage is not fun!

ETA, the lady I bought the bras from was telling me how they were her favorites when she did bra fittings for people. I told her great, b/c I needed some good ones for once. When I told her I was wearing 38B's she eyeballed me like Kissa's lady must have and said, "uh, I don't think so". LOL! I dunno why, though, that's a sister size of 34D as well!~ It's all so confusing!
31 rib cage 37 over... There are websites to help figure this out
Old 09-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #1819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hehe, I'm getting 32DDD for you, Carly!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #1820
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
hehe, I'm getting 32DDD for you, Carly!!!
37 was no bra (saggy) with bra 40
Old 09-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #1821
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm getting 41 chest, and 34.5 ribcage. Check mine, Flutter!

I bought a very expensive bra at a place that measured me (when I was heavier), and they put me in a 42 B.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 09-17-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #1822

You ladies are cracking me up! Seriously, I can't remember right now, I need to check my measurements again. I kinda feel like they're close to yours Melinda, and that would not qualify as small to me! Get some support girl, and they'll pop.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #1823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
31 rib cage 37 over... There are websites to help figure this out
Ooh, I am getting 32I now!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm getting 41 chest, and 34.5 ribcage. Check mine, Flutter!

I bought a very expensive bra at a place that measured me (when I was heavier), and they put me in a 42 B.
36DDD LG!!!!!

Quote:
You ladies are cracking me up! Seriously, I can't remember right now, I need to check my measurements again. I kinda feel like they're close to yours Melinda, and that would not qualify as small to me! Get some support girl, and they'll pop.
I am hoping I finally have, Dawn! I thought I needed an A cup or training bras the way the old measurement things worked! (You know, the add 4" to your band size then subtract from chest size thing) so now I have gone from nothing to c or d cups. Hahaha!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #1824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can I post a link to the bra size here? I don't think it links to anything being sold? If not, feel free to delete, I guess? Just thought it might help us girls.

***ELEKTRONICZNY BRA-FITTER***
Old 09-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #1825
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Flutter! I think Carly's girls are larger than mine, but I'll take a triple D LOL. I was a 34C when I was 125 lbs. Let me check out these bras!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:39 AM   #1826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
My girls are huge and the one thing I'm always sad about losing when I lose weight. I've been measured several times because of all those weddings and I'm a 44G. I order my bras online and they're just so freaking expensive for a good bra.

Thanks for the site Melinda. I've been moving the clip for the last few weeks so I'm sure it's time to resize
Old 09-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #1827
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ooh, I am getting 32I now!!!!!
Hummmm, I highly doubt the I part- the 32 part is feasible.

I'm sitting here in my 36D and I'm pretty comfy

The NSV is I'm wearing a dress that fits the oversized girls and undersized bum!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #1828

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Try Figleaves I think it is a US site. The one I use does over the phone advice too and is brilliant.

You hardly ever see 30 in store, would you believe they do 28s in large cup sizes too?

Now Carly that sounds like a great dress, bet you look a million dollars in it.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #1829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/150/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Whatever gets me to goal...
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

You hardly ever see 30 in store, would you believe they do 28s in large cup sizes too?
All I can picture right now is Barbie. Or....someone with some big old fake ones and extremely tiny bones.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #1830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woohoo, Carly, you must feel amazing!!!
Closed Thread