Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #1531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Scarlett ... great news on your uniform pants fitting!

I am giving away a bunch of way too big clothing right now, and I was thinking about the NSV that I am so confident in JUDDD at this point that I now buy my clothes with room to shrink. (so buying clothes that fit, but just barely ... if I gain 5 pounds I could be in trouble, but I can lose 10 and be fine).

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #1532
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post

I am giving away a bunch of way too big clothing right now, and I was thinking about the NSV that I am so confident in JUDDD at this point that I now buy my clothes with room to shrink. (so buying clothes that fit, but just barely ... if I gain 5 pounds I could be in trouble, but I can lose 10 and be fine).
That is an awesome feeling. Just knowing that it works is so empowering.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #1533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.4/183.8/125
WOE: Stillmans.Yeah, its a D-I-E-T!
In addition to getting my waist back, my legs are showing definition due to all the running I've been doing. I've always been told that I've had nice legs, but I'm amazed how much better they look after only 3 weeks of running! It keeps me motivated through my weight bounce that I'm pretty sure is due to starting a new exercise program.

My clothes are fitting so much better! I was in the mall the other day and my underwear fell down. Thank goodness I had pants on and not a skirt, lol. That would have been embarrassing!

But now that I have a waist, my tummy feels bigger! Almost as if my waist fat just migrated south. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #1534
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Well, I did a stupid thing and went to the grocery store, on a DD, after walking at the park for an hour!! Boy was I starving...luckily I kept on walking past the yummy food displays and only got the items on my list. Everything looked good today LOL
Old 07-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #1535
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I am down to ONE back fat roll (instead of THREE)!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #1536
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I have a weird one. I was trying on shorts today (in and of itself, an NSV), and I spent quite a while trying to figure out how they were supposed to go back on the hanger. I'm still, in my mind, used to having to fold the waist in at one or two points to get pants/shorts to fit on a regular store hanger (the kind with the clips). It took me a while to realize that size 6 and 8 shorts don't have enough of a waist to need to be folded. They just "fit" on the clips.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #1537
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
LOL Not enough material on those teeny shorts!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #1538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kismet - I agree, so many things look delicious on down days sometimes!!!

Sirtain - one back roll vs. three is definitely an NSV!

Anonymousity: It is so fun to see muscles appear!

Dawn: that's a good one! No more folding for you.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #1539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
So I had to buy new clothes again! Went from a 36 to a 34 in pants/shorts! The 36's were bunching up way to much with the belt and I could pull them off when still zipped and buttoned. I would have never bet that I would have to go to a 34. The last time I wore a size 34 I was 20 pounds lighter than now and they just barely fit, and now they are lose.

Nice to be smaller, pain in the a$$ to have to buy new clothes so soon.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #1540
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

That is fantastic!!! I've been doing the same thing. I've bought some clothes that don't fit at all, knowing I will be able to wear them eventually. I might lose slowly, but I won't be gaining.

Excellent NSV, Mike. You are a great example of how lean muscle mass makes you leaner, even at a higher weight.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 07-14-2013 at 06:45 AM..
Old 07-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #1541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You all are doing fantastic!!! Love reading all these amazing NSVs, keep it up JBs!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #1542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That is fantastic!!! I've been doing the same thing. I've bought some clothes that don't fit at all, knowing I will be able to wear them eventually. I might lose slowly, but I won't be gaining.
OMG! Guys, I did/am doing the same! But, I may have bitten more than I can chew Now I have a closet full of very loose and very snug clothes! I had gone on a big shopping spree in March and then went on an "indulgent" vacation in April/May; put on 7-8 pounds So now, I am weathering that "in trouble" bit but confident that sooner or later I'll be wearing those!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #1543
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
So many great NSV! This thread brings me so much joy! It's an instant boost of happiness!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #1544

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I agree Carly - I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Quote:
Room to shrink! I love this! I must admit I have done the same lately. There's a couple of cute tops from Goodwill in my closet that will be worn soon, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
In addition to getting my waist back, my legs are showing definition due to all the running I've been doing. I've always been told that I've had nice legs, but I'm amazed how much better they look after only 3 weeks of running! It keeps me motivated through my weight bounce that I'm pretty sure is due to starting a new exercise program.

My clothes are fitting so much better! I was in the mall the other day and my underwear fell down. Thank goodness I had pants on and not a skirt, lol. That would have been embarrassing!

But now that I have a waist, my tummy feels bigger! Almost as if my waist fat just migrated south. Has anyone else experienced this?
A small waist and buff, toned legs! Well done! Yes, my main frustration right now is my tummy too. It's definitely getting smaller, but there's a wad of fat sitting there that I DO NOT LIKE! I guess we need to be patient and hope it migrates its way on out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Well, I did a stupid thing and went to the grocery store, on a DD, after walking at the park for an hour!! Boy was I starving...luckily I kept on walking past the yummy food displays and only got the items on my list. Everything looked good today LOL
Good going Kismet! That's always a major victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
I am down to ONE back fat roll (instead of THREE)!
Woo hoo! Soon to be zero rolls of back fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have a weird one. I was trying on shorts today (in and of itself, an NSV), and I spent quite a while trying to figure out how they were supposed to go back on the hanger. I'm still, in my mind, used to having to fold the waist in at one or two points to get pants/shorts to fit on a regular store hanger (the kind with the clips). It took me a while to realize that size 6 and 8 shorts don't have enough of a waist to need to be folded. They just "fit" on the clips.
I can just see you in the dressing room with this look on your face? That's awesome you tiny thing you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
So I had to buy new clothes again! Went from a 36 to a 34 in pants/shorts! The 36's were bunching up way to much with the belt and I could pull them off when still zipped and buttoned. I would have never bet that I would have to go to a 34. The last time I wore a size 34 I was 20 pounds lighter than now and they just barely fit, and now they are lose.

Nice to be smaller, pain in the a$$ to have to buy new clothes so soon.
Fantastic Mike! You're so lean and fit now, it must feel so great! Pain in the a$$ yes, but gratifying too, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
OMG! Guys, I did/am doing the same! But, I may have bitten more than I can chew Now I have a closet full of very loose and very snug clothes! I had gone on a big shopping spree in March and then went on an "indulgent" vacation in April/May; put on 7-8 pounds So now, I am weathering that "in trouble" bit but confident that sooner or later I'll be wearing those!
You'll be in those smaller clothes before you know it JD!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #1545

This one happened to me earlier in the week, and I forgot to post about it.

I was walking down the aisle in Walgreens and happened to look up at the back of the store where they have that huge security mirror thing at the top of the wall. I hate those things and avoid looking at them like the plague. But I saw this woman with a nice curvy hourglass figure walking along. And it was me! I had a waist, and my hips didn't look humongous. I was walking confidently and there was no visible double chin. What a weird feeling! Made me very happy!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #1546

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I love, love, love that one Carol. I swear, it's the most amazing feeling when you catch your own reflection and it takes a minute to realize you're looking at YOU!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #1547

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So many great NSVs, love them all.

Carol, it i the word 'confidently' that I love the most about your NSV.

My NSV is that I am still happier doing JUDDD than I have ever been doing any other 'diet'. I started in Oct 2011 and it constantly amazes me how easy it is most of the time.

Yes, sometimes I let things slip but a couple of good DDs and all is right with the world.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #1548
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
I had two weeks of this lovely thread to catch up on. You had me laughing out loud reading all your antics when disrobing from impractical garments in public bathrooms.

Bonnie, I remember the pants with the tight thighs and exaggerated bell bottoms. In the UK we called them loons. I had two pairs, one bright yellow and one pale grey and I loved them.
I never had a problem when I washed them at home in Mum's big Hotpoint "with the no-tangle action", complete with wringer. Then I went to uni and the first time I put them in the Hoover twin tub, they emerged as a perfect replica of the Gordion knot.

In the 80s I loved the way stirrup pants stayed tucked neatly into my boots - but hated the way the crotch always ended up creeping halfway down my thighs!
Oh and culottes. Now there's instant nemesis in a public loo - especially if there isn't a hook on the back of the door.

Anymousity, thanks to JUDDD, I'm proudly sporting a waist for the first time in 20 years. My tum first goes squidgy and then reduces some more, so hopefully yours is very temporary.

Woohoo - the pants don't lie! Great NSV Scarlett.

Belts as decoration? Now there's a novel idea!

Yay, Christina, CindyLG and JD. Buying clothes with room to shrink is a great NSV!

Sirtain, here's a drumroll for your lost rolls!!

Dawn, here's to shorts too tiny to fold!!

Mike, here's to needing to invest in a smaller wardrobe - though it's not surprising, going by your latest avi.

Well done Kismet. Three cheers for shopping lists and here's to your determination to stick to yours!

Carol. Congratulations on recognising you have a nice curvy hourglass figure.

CindyK, I'm very happy to have found JUDDD and it's wonderful to know people are still happy with it way down the road.

Great NSVs all of you. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #1549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
This one happened to me earlier in the week, and I forgot to post about it.

I was walking down the aisle in Walgreens and happened to look up at the back of the store where they have that huge security mirror thing at the top of the wall. I hate those things and avoid looking at them like the plague. But I saw this woman with a nice curvy hourglass figure walking along. And it was me! I had a waist, and my hips didn't look humongous. I was walking confidently and there was no visible double chin. What a weird feeling! Made me very happy!
this. Is. FABULOUS!!!!!! What a huge NSV!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
So many great NSVs, love them all.

Carol, it i the word 'confidently' that I love the most about your NSV.

My NSV is that I am still happier doing JUDDD than I have ever been doing any other 'diet'. I started in Oct 2011 and it constantly amazes me how easy it is most of the time.

Yes, sometimes I let things slip but a couple of good DDs and all is right with the world.
This, again, is what got me to try JUDDD, and what keeps me motivated. I sure love all of you wonderful maintainers!!!! good for you, Kissa!!!!! I am still in awe of people maintaining losses this long! Incredible job!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #1550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH, and Dawn trying to fold size 6 pants on the hanger!! Lolol!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #1551
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Absolutely amazing NSV's. So proud of all of you. KUTGW!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #1552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
I love the sharing here - always a great motivator. Here's my NSV. I was thinking ahead and planning a goal for August, to help keep me motivated. I remembered a very old pair of capris that I wore at least 10 years ago, at my lowest weight. They are a size 10. I swear I wore a size 10 for about 5 minutes and then gained the weight back, so saved them since they were so new and my only size 10. This morning I dug them out of storage to see how far I would have to go to fit into them for an August goal.

AND..... They FIT! Granted they will look a tad better with another 1/2 inch off my waist (about 2-3 pounds hopefully). But I could NOT believe it. My weight is very different with JUDDD as to where it is coming off first and how I look at my present weight as to before - as I know when those capris fit me last time I was a lower weight.

Another funny NSV I noted last week. I took my belt out to wear that I have been wearing while JUDDDing and noted I needed to move IN a notch and there were NO MORE notches left. I was confused at first as I've never moved down a belt size, or noted such as I lost weight. I thought the belt had a problem. Nope - it was me.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #1553
Major LCF Poster!

Fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
AND..... They FIT! ... My weight is very different with JUDDD as to where it is coming off first and how I look at my present weight as to before - as I know when those capris fit me last time I was a lower weight.
I have been wondering how losing the weight slowly, is affecting my body SHAPE. Any weight loss I have had before, came off more quickly, and I would get comments sooner, I think because it was really showing up in my face.

It took longer for people to comment this time, but I have had to buy new pants, and they are already getting loose again. I may need to go down another size in a month.

And I notice my face will look thin for a day or two, then plump back up. This has happened several times over the past few months. I like that my fat seems to be leaving mostly from my BODY.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #1554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am loving these NSVs! And also noticing a "confused and disoriented slimmer person" theme ..

- Wait, how do you fold these size 6 shorts so they fit on the hanger?

- What do you do when you run out of belt notches? what's wrong with this belt?

- Look at that nice-looking person in the mirror. Hey, that's me!

Love it! Thanks Cindy too for your lovely maintenance NSV.

p.s. JD you'll be back in those smaller clothes very soon! I've been seeing those great trends in the daily weight thread.

Last edited by calichris; 07-18-2013 at 10:12 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #1555

Christine, no need to thank me, I am just so lucky to be here with all my great JBs.

Quote:
I love the sharing here - always a great motivator. Here's my NSV. I was thinking ahead and planning a goal for August, to help keep me motivated. I remembered a very old pair of capris that I wore at least 10 years ago, at my lowest weight. They are a size 10. I swear I wore a size 10 for about 5 minutes and then gained the weight back, so saved them since they were so new and my only size 10. This morning I dug them out of storage to see how far I would have to go to fit into them for an August goal.

AND..... They FIT! Granted they will look a tad better with another 1/2 inch off my waist (about 2-3 pounds hopefully). But I could NOT believe it. My weight is very different with JUDDD as to where it is coming off first and how I look at my present weight as to before - as I know when those capris fit me last time I was a lower weight.

Another funny NSV I noted last week. I took my belt out to wear that I have been wearing while JUDDDing and noted I needed to move IN a notch and there were NO MORE notches left. I was confused at first as I've never moved down a belt size, or noted such as I lost weight. I thought the belt had a problem. Nope - it was me.
I love this NSV, Goner. It says so much about this great plan. Here's to more tiny capris before the summers out.

Quote:
I have been wondering how losing the weight slowly, is affecting my body SHAPE. Any weight loss I have had before, came off more quickly, and I would get comments sooner, I think because it was really showing up in my face.

It took longer for people to comment this time, but I have had to buy new pants, and they are already getting loose again. I may need to go down another size in a month.

And I notice my face will look thin for a day or two, then plump back up. This has happened several times over the past few months. I like that my fat seems to be leaving mostly from my BODY.
And yet again, Sirtain, we see nothing but good from this weight loss.

I don't pretend to understand why it works so well, but it does.

I had 2 gym friends almost calling me a liar this week when they heard I was 66. Boy did that make me work all the harder in class. So funny how our minds work..

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #1556
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Wow I just found this thread!!! Congrats everyone!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #1557
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
I
Quote:
don't pretend to understand why it works so well, but it does.

I had 2 gym friends almost calling me a liar this week when they heard I was 66. Boy did that make me work all the harder in class. So funny how our minds work.
I don't understand how it works either - but am so thankful it does!

And that is a great NSV - calling you a liar!! You do not look 60 anything in your avitar!! Definitely young and very pretty!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #1558
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I had 2 gym friends almost calling me a liar this week when they heard I was 66.
I completely understand this. Your avatar does NOT look like someone in their 60s! I call 'pants on fire'!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #1559

Quote:

It definitely is so funny how different sized some of us are at different weights than before. Congrats on those capris, and the belt! That's great! You now need one of those leather hole punchers! I got one last time I lost weight, but this time I actually got rid of all my belts. I don't even own one anymore (but I do still have that hole puncher! )

Quote:

Great news about smaller pants AGAIN!!!

Quote:
I had 2 gym friends almost calling me a liar this week when they heard I was 66. Boy did that make me work all the harder in class. So funny how our minds work..
I'm with your friends - no way you look anywhere near 60!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #1560

Thanks gang. Just lucky genes I guess.
Closed Thread