Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #1441
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Yes, maybe i should try to fatten up other people so i have the 5s all to myself

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #1442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Aww Shari, that is fabulous!!! Not TMI at all!!!!

Scarlett, awesome news!!!!

I bought a casual sleeveless dress today...in a medium! Still hate my arms, but I could not resist it. ( probably just because it fit! lol)
Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #1443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I rode all the way up what I call my "nemesis hill" today without stopping!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #1444
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Hooray for loose rings!!! But, like Scarlett said, watch out waving your hands around!

And, I've done the same thing when folding or hanging some of my new clothes!! I can't believe they're mine!! Yesterday, I bought a new pair of sexy panties & bra to wear with a dress to the Captain's dinner on board the ship when we go on our cruise. When I went to try them on at home, I realized that I bought a size smaller than I've been wearing.......and they fit!!! It's the size I've worn most of my life until I got fat!!! I did a "fashion show" of sorts for my DH last night! (TMI??)

I also bought a new swim suit last week! DH didn't like the top.....he said it made my tummy look bigger. So, yesterday, I bought a different top and a 1 piece swimsuit. He loved the new top & didn't like the 1 piece! So, I get to wear a 2 piece(not a bikini!) on vacation for the first time...in like.....forever!!!!
You go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
The jeans I bought a few months ago slide off my hips without unbuttoning them!
I remember that feeling well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Well, I went to go buy new undies today. I was at a very low priced store so i figured id get a good deal. The rack did NOT have any size 5s. Thats the size i wear now but they only had bigger sizes...being smaller did not pay off today lol
I find 5 and 6 are often out of stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I bought a casual sleeveless dress today...in a medium! Still hate my arms, but I could not resist it. ( probably just because it fit! lol)
I bet you are rocking that dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #1445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

I bet you are rocking that dress!
:
I may never actually wear it, but *I could* and that is the fun of it! thanks sweet buddd!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #1446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That is awesome!!! Bet you felt great being able to conquer it like that!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #1447
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
My NSV is being able to enjoy our 6 year old boy/girl twins grandchildren visit! They are here for a week and yesterday, we spent the day at the zoo here in Atlanta. My husband said to me last night after we got home: "I am so proud of you. Six months ago you would not have been able to do that. You didn't complain, you kept up, you seemed to really be enjoying yourself. You are doing great!" It was very exciting to be able to enjoy a very active day and feel well! I did enjoy it very much. These twins are a handful. They are very active children! What a wonderful way to spend the day!

Kimmie
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #1448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kimmie, I am bursting with happiness for you!!! LOVE that you were able to enjoy a busy day with the grands!!! <sniff> Congrats girl!!! LOVE the new profile pic, btw!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #1449
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Love it!!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #1450
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
My gosh, so many new NSVs, I can hardly keep up! I love it!

Quote:
I was rinsing dishes in the sink after dinner last night, and almost lost my wedding ring(s) down the garbage disposal!!!

These are my "fat" rings... DH and I bought a less expensive set for both of us when we gained too much weight to wear our original wedding rings. I think my original is still too small at this point, but I'm getting closer!!! In the meantime, I better be careful about waving my hands around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Woohoo! Watch out for those rings. Last winter I had to find smaller 'dress' rings to wear over my good rings, to keep them from slipping off.
Quote:
YES Scarlett!!! Do be careful with the rings!!! I had been wearing my diamond anniversary band alone because it was bigger than my engagement ring. Now I often try to wear my engagement ring on top of the anni ring just to keep the anni ring on my finger! Woohooo for you gf!!!!
Quote:
I did exactly what Cindy did. I got a smaller ring to hold down my engagement ring and wedding band. I had way too many close calls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Nothing like being able to wear your rings again!!! I couldn't even stand to have rings on my fingers 30 lbs ago. My fingers would sweat and swell and it was uncomfortable. A very good NSV, Scarlett!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilahstrait View Post
It's a good feeling Scarlett. I had to get my wedding ring and other special rings resized last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
DH and I were going to get our rings tattooed in April, but we didn't get around to it. We're still trying to decide what we want. Neither of us can wear our "real" rings anymore and have no idea when we'll be done losing, so we don't want to resize them just yet.
Yikes! That's a great NSV for sure, but the thought of rings going down the drain is so scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Hooray for loose rings!!! But, like Scarlett said, watch out waving your hands around!

And, I've done the same thing when folding or hanging some of my new clothes!! I can't believe they're mine!! Yesterday, I bought a new pair of sexy panties & bra to wear with a dress to the Captain's dinner on board the ship when we go on our cruise. When I went to try them on at home, I realized that I bought a size smaller than I've been wearing.......and they fit!!! It's the size I've worn most of my life until I got fat!!! I did a "fashion show" of sorts for my DH last night! (TMI??)

I also bought a new swim suit last week! DH didn't like the top.....he said it made my tummy look bigger. So, yesterday, I bought a different top and a 1 piece swimsuit. He loved the new top & didn't like the 1 piece! So, I get to wear a 2 piece(not a bikini!) on vacation for the first time...in like.....forever!!!!
YAY for sexy undies and a two piece swimsuit!

Quote:
The jeans I bought a few months ago slide off my hips without unbuttoning them!
Woohoooo!

Quote:
You have to wear it! I'll bet you're adorable in it.

Quote:
WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post
My NSV is being able to enjoy our 6 year old boy/girl twins grandchildren visit! They are here for a week and yesterday, we spent the day at the zoo here in Atlanta. My husband said to me last night after we got home: "I am so proud of you. Six months ago you would not have been able to do that. You didn't complain, you kept up, you seemed to really be enjoying yourself. You are doing great!" It was very exciting to be able to enjoy a very active day and feel well! I did enjoy it very much. These twins are a handful. They are very active children! What a wonderful way to spend the day!

Kimmie
Wonderful! Being able to keep up with the kids and the visit to the zoo is great. But the best part is having your husband be so proud of you! WOW!

I haven't been noticing many NSVs lately. I think I need to be looking for them or paying closer attention. The best one I can think of is that while I've noticed for awhile my front view getting slimmer looking, my profile still is not so good because of the big butt off the back and stomach off the front. Well, finally, although still not great, it seems to be getting flatter, especially the butt. Now to get that stomach flattened!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

I haven't been noticing many NSVs lately. I think I need to be looking for them or paying closer attention. The best one I can think of is that while I've noticed for awhile my front view getting slimmer looking, my profile still is not so good because of the big butt off the back and stomach off the front. Well, finally, although still not great, it seems to be getting flatter, especially the butt. Now to get that stomach flattened!
My stomach STILL isn't flat. Grrr.

Keira's with her grandmother this week and DH and I are planning a date night for tomorrow night. I bought a new dress. It's SHORT!! and tight!! And size 6!! If I find some shoes to go with it, I'll post pictures. Otherwise, date night will involve jeans and a t-shirt.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #1452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
You are gonna ROCK that dress!!!

Quote:
Hooray for uphill rides!!

Quote:
My NSV is being able to enjoy our 6 year old boy/girl twins grandchildren visit! They are here for a week and yesterday, we spent the day at the zoo here in Atlanta. My husband said to me last night after we got home: "I am so proud of you. Six months ago you would not have been able to do that. You didn't complain, you kept up, you seemed to really be enjoying yourself. You are doing great!" It was very exciting to be able to enjoy a very active day and feel well! I did enjoy it very much. These twins are a handful. They are very active children! What a wonderful way to spend the day!Kimmie
Kimmie, I know where you're coming from! I have 13yo twin grandsons! When they were young & I was so heavy, I could not keep up with them! They were here during christmas break last year for 8 days & we had a blast! I wasn't ready for them to leave; but, they had to go back to school! Congrats on new stamina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I also have issues with my tummy not being flat! But, if we're honest with ourselves.......our tummies ARE flatter than they were. At my age, I finally realize that my tummy may never be flat again; BUT, it's flatTER!! Hang in there! Hooray for the flatter butt! My problem has always been just the opposite! I don't have one!!!!

Quote:
Keira's with her grandmother this week and DH and I are planning a date night for tomorrow night. I bought a new dress. It's SHORT!! and tight!! And size 6!! If I find some shoes to go with it, I'll post pictures. Otherwise, date night will involve jeans and a t-shirt.
I would LOVE to see some pictures!!

I'm loving all of the NSV's! Keep 'em coming!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #1453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Love this thread! I didn't want to read it the last while, since I was waaaay off the wagon, but I feel motivated here on my DD to do the hard work on DDs, slight less hard work on UDs, and hopefully, maybe before my trip to UK (for work, just 1 week, and I get to see Cindy!) I'll have a NSV to report!

meanwhile, KEEP IT UP YOU GUYS!!! I'm so happy for all of you!

(and as long as the disposal isn't *ON*, you could reach in and get your ring... so just check before you garborate!)
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
Old 06-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #1454
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Kimmie
this!

Quote:

Yes, pictures! Shoes are the easiest (and most fun) part. You will be rocking that hot little size six dress!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #1455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ITA, we need PICTURES Dawn!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #1456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
The shoes always make the outfit Dawn. Hope you find something great. DSW is having a fantastic sale if you're looking to buy something new.

So happy for everyone and their awesome NSV's.

I had an NSV this AM. I took a selfie pic for my instagram and for the first time I actually noticed the difference in my face. I could see the change that 31 pounds has done. Felt great to start my day that way.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #1457
Major LCF Poster!

Don't worry about the shoes! You will look so good in your dress nobody will worry about your feet LOL
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #1458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
The shoes always make the outfit Dawn. Hope you find something great. DSW is having a fantastic sale if you're looking to buy something new.

I had an NSV this AM. I took a selfie pic for my instagram and for the first time I actually noticed the difference in my face. I could see the change that 31 pounds has done. Felt great to start my day that way.
LOVE!!!! I have a fatty face that doesn't seem to reduce much regardless of weight loss. I totally get how good you must feel! WTG!!!! I am so tickled for you!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #1459
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hooray for short dresses and new shoes (to buy!), slimmer faces!, and cute sleeveless dresses...sounds like a summer full of NSVs!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #1460
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:

Hot mama! Both of you are going to look so smokin' hot together. Have a great time!

Quote:

Fantastic! Seeing it in your face is one of the things that really drives it home sometimes. I think a lot of us can avoid looking at our bodies in the mirror, but you really do have to look at your face every day, at least a little.

Quote:
LOVE!!!! I have a fatty face that doesn't seem to reduce much regardless of weight loss. I totally get how good you must feel! WTG!!!! I am so tickled for you!!!!!!
You do NOT have a fatty face! Look at that new avi. You may have round cheeks but not fat!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #1461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, LCG, but I still have my double chin and I HATE it. I wish it'd go away & never return again! I am at peace with my thigh cellulite & even a bit with my flabby arms, but NOT with the twin chins! They need to GO & pronto! Unfortunately, they are the first to come back, and the last to leave. Evil little monsters...along with their triplet, THE SCALE!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #1462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Once again, I'm thread jacking!! Back to your regularly scheduled program of NSVs! I really need to get more sleep tonight!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #1463

Quote:

I picked up a pair of 5" black patent stilettos at lunch. I tried them on in the store, but didn't really walk around, so when I got back to work, I put them on for a few minutes. Um, yeah, I don't know how long I'll have them on tonight. I'm definitely bringing a pair of flatter shoes along in the car. I have some 4" boots which are no problem, so I didn't think that extra inch would make much difference. Holy heck!!

Carly! I don't know how you do it!

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
Old 06-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #1464
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Once again, I'm thread jacking!! Back to your regularly scheduled program of NSVs! I really need to get more sleep tonight!
You're too cute gf! Double chin, my a$$! I see nothing but lovely skinniness.

Quote:
I picked up a pair of 5" black patent stilettos at lunch. I tried them on in the store, but didn't really walk around, so when I got back to work, I put them on for a few minutes. Um, yeah, I don't know how long I'll have them on tonight. I'm definitely bringing a pair of flatter shoes along in the car. I have some 4" boots which are no problem, so I didn't think that extra inch would make much difference. Holy heck!!

5" stillettos!!!! DH might not let you wear them for more than a few minutes.

My entire workforce went to a potluck upstairs at lunch today, and I didn't. It was kinda sad, but it was the first time I can remember not participating in a food fest lol.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 06-27-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Old 06-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #1465
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The shoes always make the outfit Dawn.

Quote:

Every day. I love my stilettos! You must be 6 feet tall in them! Sometimes I take them off at work and people look at me, like was she always that short or was she that short 10 minutes ago

Quote:
5" stillettos!!!! DH might not let you wear them for more than a few minutes.

My entire workforce went to a potluck upstairs at lunch today, and I didn't. It was kinda sad, but it was the first time I can remember not participating in a food fest lol.
I skip the daily lunch food fest. Even if it's an UD I usually rather have my own food.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #1466
Major LCF Poster!

They have food fests all the time at my job. Someone left a chocolate cake in the lounge last week with a sign on it that said FREE...it looked so good...but I just kept on walking!

I was just out on the porch letting my doggy go wee wee...well, the bugs are out so I was scratching my shoulder where I got bit...I felt something weird...umm..It was bone LOL guess I'm not used to feeling it! Much more used to scratching fat I guess
Old 06-28-2013, 03:05 AM   #1467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Ugh, I can't do the daily food fest at work. I bring my own food because honestly if I'm going to waste calories I'd rather it be on something that I actually want to eat. I don't know how people afford that every single day.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #1468
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
They have food fests all the time at my job. Someone left a chocolate cake in the lounge last week with a sign on it that said FREE...it looked so good...but I just kept on walking!

I was just out on the porch letting my doggy go wee wee...well, the bugs are out so I was scratching my shoulder where I got bit...I felt something weird...umm..It was bone LOL guess I'm not used to feeling it! Much more used to scratching fat I guess
Those bones will just keep popping up in the darned places!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #1469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
I skip the daily lunch food fest. Even if it's an UD I usually rather have my own food.
Quote:
Ugh, I can't do the daily food fest at work. I bring my own food because honestly if I'm going to waste calories I'd rather it be on something that I actually want to eat. I don't know how people afford that every single day.
This. Both posts.

I was brought up to accept hospitality even if I knew that it would make me ill (and we endured some spectacular episodes of food poisoning during my childhood because of this dictum).

Even as an adult, I've done this (and ended up seriously ill). It's worse when the food is OK but I just feel obliged to eat it, for various reasons.

But now, it's hard to eat something that I not only don't want, but fills me with a seething resentment that it's a spectacular waste of my few, precious calories (even on an UD).

Depending on the circumstances, I'll nearly always eat something that (say) a child or vulnerable adult offers me, if it represents something that they're sharing, or is a social action that they're practising in the 'real world' (so to speak) or an act of empathy. But, I only do that on UD and I'm trying to come up with a way of doing that without needing to eat beyond 100kcal amount.

DH brings stuff into work to contribute to occasional food events but he's surrounded by so many dieters that they like his contributions and some of them now buy their own dehydrated kale, shiritaki noodles, dried fruit or vegetable crisps (chips) etc. Because they've eaten some of our dehydrated food, some of his colleagues have purchased their own dehydrators. I suppose that's an NSV for him He's inadvertently promoting the sales of these items.

DH is trying to work out if he can bring a watermelon cake to the next celebration in the office.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #1470
Big Yapper!!!!

It was a special occasion, and one we do about twice a summer. I had changed my rotations the week before (last week) to accomodate a lunch out with my (retiring) boss, and I haven't really lost anything this month, so I couldn't see participating on my DD and setting myself back once again. I was kinda proud of myself.
Closed Thread