Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #1351
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Good health benefits can't be beat!
I just realized that my knees have not hurt in ages! I get twinges now and then but I can bounce out of bed in the morning with no problem (although I still hit the snooze button quite a bit LOL).
Yay for bouncing more easily out of bed!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #1352
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I remember the first time I did that. What a fantastic feeling! DH is noticing things like that now, and it's so fun to relive them with him.
Congratulations to DH! Sounds like he is doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartbubby View Post
This has always been my dream, but at 220 lbs it was only a dream.

But last week my DREAM CAME TRUE......

Doesnt get any better than this for me and it doesnt allow me to gain weight...lol
Just beautiful! Drool.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post
I have another health related NSV. I have had circulation issues with my lower legs for decades-- water retention, cellulitis, varicosities, venous ulcers and stasis dermatitis. I had ablation of my saphenous veins done about 5 years ago, which afforded me some relief. JUDDD is getting rid of the stasis dermatitis!!!!! (blotchy red/ brown legs). Folks, this is nothing short of amazing. I have had this for 20 years, whether I weighed 195 or 350! I have been told there was nothing that could be done about it! If this is going on on the outside, I can only imagine the internal improvements that are happening, too. I'm thinking that we have quite literally stumbled upon the fountain of youth while pursuing our weight loss goals! All I can think is ...WOW...WOW....WOW...how fortunate we are to have discovered this WOE/WOL. These dramatic health changes are keeping me motivated through stalls and plateaus because I know that eventually the scale will move and in the meantime JUDDD is busy using the Sirtuins to clean me up and rejuvenate me!

Better watch.....Kimmie's on the loose!
This is just wonderful Kimmie! The health benefits are hard to beat, you're right. YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Kimmie this is amazing and may I say, wonderful.

I really do think I look younger than a year ago. I may be fooling myself but I honestly think my skin is in amazing condition. And if I have a little blemish it heals in record time.
Younger than a year ago - that's amazing! I want some of that too!

Quote:
Good health benefits can't be beat!
I just realized that my knees have not hurt in ages! I get twinges now and then but I can bounce out of bed in the morning with no problem (although I still hit the snooze button quite a bit LOL).
No knee pain - WOW. That really is life-changing!

Do let me know when JUDDD gets rid of that pesky alarm clock business.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #1353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeltaBigBoy
Stats: 342/263.4/?160?
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
I used to have a lot of problems with my rotator cuffs. It would hurt if I tried sleeping with my arm folded up under my head. Since I've been intermittent fasting I no longer have the pain!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #1354

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nice news Scott. My knee pain at night was horrid, keeping me awake and forcing me to take pain killers. It is now history.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #1355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Cindy and Scott, that is just fantastic!!! Isn't it amazing??

Kimmie
Old 06-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #1356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

No knee pain - WOW. That really is life-changing!

Do let me know when JUDDD gets rid of that pesky alarm clock business.

Haha I guess I will have to deal with the alarm clock on my own!

Hubby and I went to the movies last night and I brought some veggie chips and bought a diet coke. I did not have ANY of his popcorn! I'm sure I would have been up 2lbs today if I had any
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #1357
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy View Post
I used to have a lot of problems with my rotator cuffs. It would hurt if I tried sleeping with my arm folded up under my head. Since I've been intermittent fasting I no longer have the pain!
Quote:
Nice news Scott. My knee pain at night was horrid, keeping me awake and forcing me to take pain killers. It is now history.
Yay for both of you!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #1358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
My NSV is really a SV. It's a victory over the scale. I've finally broken my obscession with it! Yesterday was an UUAD and I'm in no form of panic. (I think I'm still testing the waters to see what I can get away with.) I'm planning to weigh this week either Friday or Sunday, and it doesn't even matter. I know if I keep to my rotations and respect my DDs, I'll do fine. It's very freeing!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #1359
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
My NSV is really a SV. It's a victory over the scale. I've finally broken my obscession with it! Yesterday was an UUAD and I'm in no form of panic. (I think I'm still testing the waters to see what I can get away with.) I'm planning to weigh this week either Friday or Sunday, and it doesn't even matter. I know if I keep to my rotations and respect my DDs, I'll do fine. It's very freeing!
It is wonderful when that metal monster starts to lose some of it's power!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #1360
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
I've just caught up on three weeks of this thread. Thanks for sharing your exciting discoveries.

Health, mental attitude, co-operative knees, zips ....... What awesome NSVs!!!!!

Rhonda, I especially like your incentive for not regaining weight. Much more practical than a dress!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #1361
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Wonderful NSVs JBs!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #1362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
I'm encouraged by reading many of these NSVs! Thank you one and all for posting.

This week I noticed that my arthritic thumb is not hurting and it feels strong, where it had felt weak when I tried to lift things. I even pulled up my pants today by hooking my thumb in the waistband - something I have avoided doing for a few months due to weakness and pain.

I also fit into a pair of slacks yesterday that I have not worn in over a year! And am noticing when I put on clothing that I feel I have "room" rather than constantly pulling them back into place when they stick to a roll or two!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #1363

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy View Post
Quote:
I just love hearing about pain fading away!

Quote:

Haha I guess I will have to deal with the alarm clock on my own!

Hubby and I went to the movies last night and I brought some veggie chips and bought a diet coke. I did not have ANY of his popcorn! I'm sure I would have been up 2lbs today if I had any
Way to go at the movies! That's real control and you should be proud. BTW, I love that smiley!

Quote:
Wonderful to hear CC! I still haven't quite gotten there, so I admire that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
This week I noticed that my arthritic thumb is not hurting and it feels strong, where it had felt weak when I tried to lift things. I even pulled up my pants today by hooking my thumb in the waistband - something I have avoided doing for a few months due to weakness and pain.

I also fit into a pair of slacks yesterday that I have not worn in over a year! And am noticing when I put on clothing that I feel I have "room" rather than constantly pulling them back into place when they stick to a roll or two!
Wonderful news about your thumb, and great job on the slacks! Room feels great!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #1364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I had some things to take back to the store today so did my "every so often try your old small sized things on" intake of my closet. I am in my beloved old size 8 skinny jeans today!!!!!!! I wore them shopping and everything. Truly I'm in shock. I wore these when I was in the mid 130s last time so I'm not sure what's going on, but who am I to complain?

I'm ignoring the muffin top, btw. (love the tummy hiding tops out there nowadays!)

Gosh, I'm happy. I'm also ignoring the miserable meanie voice in my head that says I do not look like I remember looking when I wore these last. Oh well...onward we go!

Old 06-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #1365

Melinda, I bet you do look as good as you did. Size 8 is great.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #1366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
This morning in bed I felt thin and yesterday was an UD. Then I knew I'd probably see even more progress today. My immediate thought was, "I love down days." Then my next thought was, "And I really enjoy my up days." But then the very next thought was, "I love my life!" Then it came to me that those would have never been my thoughts before Juddd. I was always either feeling fat or knowing I had to get off a few pounds, or hating the way I looked in my clothes or feeling deprived. Not anymore! It's the best!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #1367
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I had some things to take back to the store today so did my "every so often try your old small sized things on" intake of my closet. I am in my beloved old size 8 skinny jeans today!!!!!!! I wore them shopping and everything. Truly I'm in shock. I wore these when I was in the mid 130s last time so I'm not sure what's going on, but who am I to complain?

I'm ignoring the muffin top, btw. (love the tummy hiding tops out there nowadays!)

Gosh, I'm happy. I'm also ignoring the miserable meanie voice in my head that says I do not look like I remember looking when I wore these last. Oh well...onward we go!
Size 8 skinny jeans!!! I bet you look amazing in them, GF!!

Quote:
This morning in bed I felt thin and yesterday was an UD. Then I knew I'd probably see even more progress today. My immediate thought was, "I love down days." Then my next thought was, "And I really enjoy my up days." But then the very next thought was, "I love my life!" Then it came to me that those would have never been my thoughts before Juddd. I was always either feeling fat or knowing I had to get off a few pounds, or hating the way I looked in my clothes or feeling deprived. Not anymore! It's the best!
That is such a blessed feeling to have, isn't it? So happy for you (and me) and all the JBs!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #1368

Quote:

Fantastic Melinda! Oh, that's so exciting!

Quote:
I love that feeling that things are smaller, tighter, lighter! How wonderful that you're feeling so good with JUDDD!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #1369
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What a lovely statement! It is very easy for me to also think positively no matter the day - if it's an UD I'm in love and if it's a DD I remember that an UD is only a day away and the DD is the opportunity to get healthier and slimmer! It IS the best!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #1370
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

HOW exciting for you! Size 8 and they fit - rejoice!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #1371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That is such a blessed feeling to have, isn't it? So happy for you (and me) and all the JBs!!!
Lovely!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #1372
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
I'm encouraged by reading many of these NSVs! Thank you one and all for posting.

love those kind of NSVs!

Quote:

I bet you look fabulous in those 8s!

Quote:
I could not agree more. All that and the juddd buddds!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #1373
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Well, yesterday was an UD...and coincidentally...National Donut day! I passed by a Dunkin Donuts after the gym last night and did NOT go in to get my free donut!
(Please tell me I'm not the only one who actually KNEW it was donut day LOL).
Old 06-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #1374

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Well, yesterday was an UD...and coincidentally...National Donut day! I passed by a Dunkin Donuts after the gym last night and did NOT go in to get my free donut!
We knew! Great NSV. I wanted a donut really badly yesterday, with first day of TOM as well, and abstained, too. We are amazing pillars of strength and virtue.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #1375
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We knew! Great NSV. I wanted a donut really badly yesterday, with first day of TOM as well, and abstained, too. We are amazing pillars of strength and virtue.
You two did great! I had 3 munchkins...
Old 06-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #1376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Love this!!!!!

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #1377
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I have been waking up fairly early every day with TONS of energy (except for when I take ibuproffen pm the night before because of being sore, then I sleep forever and have a hard time getting up). This morning I woke up excited because I am going to ride my bike to work instead of driving. Last week I decided to walk to work one day on the spur of the moment. In the before times, I never would have even dreamed of doing either and if the thought would have crossed my mind, I would have quickly talked myself out of it.

Yay for tons of energy and early(ish) rising!!
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Old 06-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #1378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

D, that is fabulous!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #1379
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
I have been waking up fairly early every day with TONS of energy (except for when I take ibuproffen pm the night before because of being sore, then I sleep forever and have a hard time getting up). This morning I woke up excited because I am going to ride my bike to work instead of driving. Last week I decided to walk to work one day on the spur of the moment. In the before times, I never would have even dreamed of doing either and if the thought would have crossed my mind, I would have quickly talked myself out of it.

Yay for tons of energy and early(ish) rising!!
That's awesome!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #1380

Good for you, hope it was a good ride.
Closed Thread