Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #1291
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
A couple NSVs this morning...

I had to search all over the house this morning for my brown belt. My pants were falling down!

A co-worker caught up to me in the lunchroom and gave me a high-five. When I asked “what’s up” – what’s the high-five for? He said “You’re looking good!”
Yay! It's nice to get that feedback from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
I had a NSV this morning. Got a phone call from my doctor with the results of my latest A1C. It's a 4.8, which is lower than it's ever been even when I was very low carb. JUDDD magic really IS magic
That is awesome! Mine still isn't THAT low!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Two NSV's that were exciting for me were that I went to the gym after working 13 hours yesterday and all I wanted to do was head home. I get to the gym and I see that I accidentally packed a pair of workout pants that didn't fit yet. I figured just deal with it, you're already here. I put them on and they actually fit. I even had a little room to breathe. Woo hoo!
I wanted to tell you yesterday that you looked like you really lost more weight, but didn't want to say anything in front of Mara since I didn't know if you would feel awkward Heck... I just shoulda said it- cause you look great!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #1292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

I wanted to tell you yesterday that you looked like you really lost more weight, but didn't want to say anything in front of Mara since I didn't know if you would feel awkward Heck... I just shoulda said it- cause you look great!
Thanks so much Carly! I'be been fighting with the same 5 pounds for two weeks and i haven't felt great about that so hearing that is awesome.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #1293
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I haven't been doing rotations for a little while, but had a good compliment today from the mail lady. She said you've really lost some weight, haven't you? I said that I had lost about 30 lbs but that it was a struggle because I had a lot left to lose. She said, You look great and even if you don't lose another lb and maintain where you are, you did great. That made me feel good.

Congrats Lili on looking slimmer, getting noticed, and wearing tight work-out clothes that fit!!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #1294
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I haven't been doing rotations for a little while, but had a good compliment today from the mail lady. She said you've really lost some weight, haven't you? I said that I had lost about 30 lbs but that it was a struggle because I had a lot left to lose. She said, You look great and even if you don't lose another lb and maintain where you are, you did great. That made me feel good.
Yay! Let that keep you motivated!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #1295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Well Ladies - it must be something in the air, or maybe we are all just wearing less clothes in warmer weather? But I was also told today "you look great! you've lost weight!" - the first time anyone has said it to me since I started . I've been afraid to step on the scale because I basically have not been doing rotations (until today) since Friday because of illness, work travel, events but now I just might be brave enough to look . tomorrow...
Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #1296
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats Lili on looking slimmer, getting noticed, and wearing tight work-out clothes that fit!!!!
Now there's a reason to feel motivated. Your mail lady rocks and so do you. 30 pounds is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Well Ladies - it must be something in the air, or maybe we are all just wearing less clothes in warmer weather? But I was also told today "you look great! you've lost weight!" - the first time anyone has said it to me since I started . I've been afraid to step on the scale because I basically have not been doing rotations (until today) since Friday because of illness, work travel, events but now I just might be brave enough to look . tomorrow...
I feel ya! It's always nice to hear the compliment when you're feeling kind of blah. Kudos to you!

Last edited by LiLi914; 05-22-2013 at 06:58 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #1297
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
When I did my last craft show, my neighbor vendor (male) made a comment that I had lost a lot of weight since our last show (December). He stammered around a bit and then asked if it was intentional. Guess he was afraid I was sick or something.

I am losing a tiny bit each month but I am shape shifting again. I wore some pants that I wore a month ago and they were a tad snug in the hipbone area and today they are very loose and the waist is about 2 inches too big. Hallelujah. My waist is FINALLY starting to shrink.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 05-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #1298
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
When I did my last craft show, my neighbor vendor (male) made a comment that I had lost a lot of weight since our last show (December). He stammered around a bit and then asked if it was intentional. Guess he was afraid I was sick or something.

I am losing a tiny bit each month but I am shape shifting again. I wore some pants that I wore a month ago and they were a tad snug in the hipbone area and today they are very loose and the waist is about 2 inches too big. Hallelujah. My waist is FINALLY starting to shrink.
That is awesome! Nancy calls it cellular rearrangement I think.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #1299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Scarlett, DeeDee, Lil, Adi, Phoenix and LibraryGirl! Congrats to all of you wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs. It is so nice when others notice our losses and comment on them, and when we can wear clothes that we didn't think that we were able to wear. It is especially nice when it happens as we are sometimes struggling with whether this is actually working for us as we want it to....juggling the same few pounds back and forth, or just seeing the scale on park. It is such a good reminder to us that there is much more going on here than just simply weight loss. Hearty congratulations on doing a great job, friends!!!

Kimmie
Old 05-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #1300
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:

WTG! This gives me hope, too!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #1301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
Hey everybody! Congrats on all your NSVs!!

Today, I was doubly blessed with both an NSV and a scale victory. It was a long time coming. I finally got the scale to go below my lowest low this morning!! I have been waiting NOT. SO. PATIENTLY. since before the dreaded Easter Weekend Gain. Then, I decided I would try on my summer inspiration pants...a pair of jean capris new with tags that would barely budge over my hips last fall. Today, they buttoned and zipped. I will not be wearing them out of the house just yet because they still look a little painted on...but, they zipped. Yay!!

I am claiming both victories even though part of me is aware that yesterdays unexpected DD sickness contributed to today's good number. I lost my lunch and got a bonus unexpected colon cleanse after something I ate did a number on me. Don't. Care. TOM is tomorrow-ish. Don't care. The scale moved. It happened. I saw it with my own eyes. LOL
Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #1302
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiiifit View Post
Today, I was doubly blessed with both an NSV and a scale victory. It was a long time coming. I finally got the scale to go below my lowest low this morning!! I have been waiting NOT. SO. PATIENTLY. since before the dreaded Easter Weekend Gain. Then, I decided I would try on my summer inspiration pants...a pair of jean capris new with tags that would barely budge over my hips last fall. Today, they buttoned and zipped. I will not be wearing them out of the house just yet because they still look a little painted on...but, they zipped. Yay!!
A zip is a zip. That is an awesome victory and I know this because it's mine. Today, I was able to zip up a hoody that hasn't fit in two years. I was finally down a pound this AM, but I was still feeling blah. I felt that I was working so hard without the payoff. Now that I've started losing inches and things are starting to fit again I'm trying to actually notice and be grateful for my NSVs.

Congrats to everyone who is pushing forward and seeing a victory no matter how small it may be.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
Old 05-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #1303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/132/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I never used to zip up my hoodies because they were too tight and you could see my rolls Now, I zip them right up and I look like a regular person (rolls, what rolls? The only rolls I see are at the bakery!!!!) Hahahahhahahha Oh, yeah, there is that slight muffin top but only when I sit!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #1304
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I am claiming both victories even though part of me is aware that yesterdays unexpected DD sickness contributed to today's good number. I lost my lunch and got a bonus unexpected colon cleanse after something I ate did a number on me. Don't. Care. TOM is tomorrow-ish. Don't care. The scale moved. It happened. I saw it with my own eyes. LOL
Definitely claim them !

Quote:
A zip is a zip. That is an awesome victory and I know this because it's mine. Today, I was able to zip up a hoody that hasn't fit in two years. I was finally down a pound this AM, but I was still feeling blah. I felt that I was working so hard without the payoff. Now that I've started losing inches and things are starting to fit again I'm trying to actually notice and be grateful for my NSVs.

Congrats to everyone who is pushing forward and seeing a victory no matter how small it may be.
You are doing great! I'm so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
I never used to zip up my hoodies because they were too tight and you could see my rolls Now, I zip them right up and I look like a regular person (rolls, what rolls? The only rolls I see are at the bakery!!!!) Hahahahhahahha Oh, yeah, there is that slight muffin top but only when I sit!
Yup! You will need to go to the bakery from here on in if you want to see rolls! awesome!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #1305
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Sorry you were sick, but awesome NSVs!! New low and pants that zip!!!

Quote:

Wonderful!!! I'm still eyeing a pair of jeans that I bought and can't wear yet (misses size 14), so congrats to you!!!

Quote:
I like bakery rolls. Aren't you glad they're not on you anymore!!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #1306
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Wow, so many wonderful NSVs here! Love it!

Quote:
This is somewhat scale related but more emotionally related. Well, I can't believe it but I told a few people at work what I weigh. They were saying what they weigh and so I blurted my weight out too I am actually a few pounds less than one girl and a few pounds more than the other. I never thought I'd be able to TELL PEOPLE HOW MUCH I WEIGH!
Brave! I don't tell anyone my weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
I bought a hula hoop last night and can actually keep it going for more than a few seconds (a few minutes at least. Ha!) I used to never be able to do anything physical without feeling like I was dying.
YAY! Isn't it a blast? I'm loving mine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I watched my 9yo DD & a few friends this morning at the bus stop. The poor kids were miserable with allergies flaring. I am allergic to just about every possible seasonal allergy there is. I have a hard time finding anything that ever helps. Guess who is not plagued with symptoms yet?

Hmmmm...my fingers & toes are crossed this is a fab NSV!
Oh yes, that's a good one! I've noticed this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
  • I've been into the grocery store on two DDs this week and didn't get tempted even a tiny bit by chocolate (a big achievement for me).
  • My jeans are noticeably more comfortable.
  • Yesterday i had bit of a shock when i looked down and thought, heck my boobs have shrunk! My bra is definitely not as tight as it was.

JUDDD is starting to work it's magic
Great, great, great!

Quote:
Mine for this week: I could zip up a skirt I haven't been able to zip in a while.. and I also didn't feel so much of a need to pull my sweater closed over my belly - my muffin top is decreasing!!! woohoo!

I am also loving my new feelings of being in better shape. I can hike up those hills and get up those stairs without feeling like I need oxygen at the top!
Back in that skirt! And the feelings of being able to do things again is fantastic!

Quote:
My NSV: I measured today and finally saw an improvement. 33.8. Hee he, it's not much over 34, but a few months of seeing the same measurement, you take what you can get!
Claim every improvement, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
A couple NSVs this morning...

I had to search all over the house this morning for my brown belt. My pants were falling down!

A co-worker caught up to me in the lunchroom and gave me a high-five. When I asked “what’s up” – what’s the high-five for? He said “You’re looking good!”
Pants on the ground! You remind me, I need to buy a belt. And getting comments is sooooooo gratifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
I had a NSV this morning. Got a phone call from my doctor with the results of my latest A1C. It's a 4.8, which is lower than it's ever been even when I was very low carb. JUDDD magic really IS magic
That IS magic! I love hearing this!

Quote:
Two NSV's that were exciting for me were that I went to the gym after working 13 hours yesterday and all I wanted to do was head home. I get to the gym and I see that I accidentally packed a pair of workout pants that didn't fit yet. I figured just deal with it, you're already here. I put them on and they actually fit. I even had a little room to breathe. Woo hoo!
on going to the gym. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have! And the pants fitting was a perfect reward!

Quote:
I just love people who are brave enough to make nice comments like that. I think a lot of people notice but don't want to say anything. And you know what? You ARE doing great!

Quote:
Wonderful! And whether the scale shows it or not, you know that your body is showing it!

Quote:

Well, I'm certainly glad you've lost because you WANTED to and not because your sick. I love hearing about the shape shifting!

Quote:

SVs and NSVs all bundled into one fabulous package! Hooray!

Quote:
Inches lost and zipping up! You're doing it! And yes, definitely notice those changes in yourself.

Quote:
Jackets are supposed to button and hoodies are supposed to zip? Really? Hmmm, interesting. Love it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #1307
Major LCF Poster!

Nah, I zip up my jackets too hahahhaha
Old 05-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #1308
Big Yapper!!!!

My NSV is Hope, and what I did today is the very definition of Hope: Buying a skirt 3 sizes smaller than you are now, and confident you will be able to wear it in the future. (It was on sale for $3.00 at the flea market and I couldn't resist it. Black and white toile pattern, a-line, simple and perfect)
Old 05-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #1309
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My NSV is Hope, and what I did today is the very definition of Hope: Buying a skirt 3 sizes smaller than you are now, and confident you will be able to wear it in the future. (It was on sale for $3.00 at the flea market and I couldn't resist it. Black and white toile pattern, a-line, simple and perfect)
Hope is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't forget to try it on often lest you shrink out of it and never get to wear it (I speak from experience here!)
Old 05-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #1310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Woohoo, go LG!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #1311
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to a bbq tomorrow and was going to wear my black pants from last spring. They are light weight and very comfortable. Well, I just washed them and tried them on they fall off of me now...I don't know what to wear tomorrow LOL I hate when that happens
Old 05-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #1312
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am going to a bbq tomorrow and was going to wear my black pants from last spring. They are light weight and very comfortable. Well, I just washed them and tried them on they fall off of me now...I don't know what to wear tomorrow LOL I hate when that happens
I know that feeling is love and hate at the same time!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #1313
Major LCF Poster!

Old 05-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #1314
Big Yapper!!!!

Wonderful NSV, Kismet!! You get to go on a quick shopping trip tomorrow!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #1315
Major LCF Poster!

No time before the BBQ! I'll just wear jeans. Probably wont' have time to go shopping until next weekend
Old 05-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #1316
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm going to a wedding next weekend, and needed a new dress. I do NOT wear dresses. I found a maxi dress that I like, on sale, in a size Medium! Who is this person I've become? Still need shoes and a shrug (it's sleeveless and I cover my tattoos for dressy occasions).
Old 05-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #1317
Big Yapper!!!!

Nice, Dawn!! I found a maxi dress I like too at the flea market for 8.00. It's an XL and unfortunately not terribly flattering and a little tight lol. Might wear it in a month or so. Medium, WOW!!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #1318
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm going to a wedding next weekend, and needed a new dress. I do NOT wear dresses. I found a maxi dress that I like, on sale, in a size Medium! Who is this person I've become? Still need shoes and a shrug (it's sleeveless and I cover my tattoos for dressy occasions).
A Medium
Kohls had some cute shrugs, I wear them with everything sleeveless so I need an assortment.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #1319
Major LCF Poster!

I need to check out Kohl's!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #1320
Senior LCF Member

Kohls & Burlington Coat Factory if you have one local are great for shrugs and inexpensive Spring/Summer wear.
Closed Thread