Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #1111
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,297
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
^^^^ that is fabulous! It takes quite a few inches for people to notice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Gtreat Lou, he pants don't lie! Abs are an area I always need to work on too.

Love the healthier skin, I am sure mine is better too, though I put it down to DE as well.

Beverly, I think we like your Farrier.

I have an NSV. Today, prior to my holiday in Turkey I dragged out the swimsuits. I hat that moment every year. But they looked pretty good considering the age of the today.

I was able to get into one that hasn't been worn for 6 years. Just need a suntan now. Out with fake tan tomorrow.
Thanks guys! Great job on your NSV's. I think I spelled ferrier incorrectly Cindy. Couldn't remember if it was with an "A" or "E". I guess if he was putting shoes on them while taking them across the river by boat then I spelled it correctly. It usually highlights words when they aren't spelled correctly. Idk what happend. I just don't have time to look up everything, but it does drive me crazy!
JMBM is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #1112
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,695
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I think it is your autocorrect, cos it's done it again. LOL
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,412
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Baggy pants, low-rise designer jeans, noticeable shrinking, looking good in swimsuits glowing skin ....

Awesome NSVs - and vicariously very enjoyable!

Last edited by Flossyliz; 04-24-2013 at 11:20 AM..
Flossyliz is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #1114
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,297
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I think it is your autocorrect, cos it's done it again. LOL
Ha, ha, ha too funny! I'll just stick to words I know.
JMBM is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #1115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,183
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Wonderful JM!!!

Kissa, how lovely to actually have a nice swimsuit experience! I loathe doing that every year.
Flutter is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #1116
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,427
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I got seriously "checked out" by a very cute guy in the parking lot this morning as I was parking my car. He stopped while he was walking and watched me in a dead stare with a smile for a full 30 secs. I tried to wink at him, but I guess I'm out of practice and I think it looked like a tic.
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #1117
Senior LCF Member
 
Silverrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 207
Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 208.6/191.1/145 5'4" 33 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 2013
Librarygirl, that is an amazing NSV! I highly doubt it looked like you had a tic.
Silverrain is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #1118
Junior LCF Member
 
Shelly_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 49
Gallery: Shelly_S
Stats: 225/174/155 5'2" 45yr
WOE: 2/1/13 Shangri La (225lb); 3/13/13 JUDDD (215 lbs)
Start Date: 3/13/13 - 28 weeks on JUDDD - 41 lbs gone/51 total
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I got seriously "checked out" by a very cute guy in the parking lot this morning as I was parking my car. He stopped while he was walking and watched me in a dead stare with a smile for a full 30 secs. I tried to wink at him, but I guess I'm out of practice and I think it looked like a tic.
OMG! I laughed so hard!!! How awesome to get "checked out". Nice!

These posts are soooo inspiring. And I finally have one of my own to share:

I've been on JUDDD for 6 weeks now and yesterday I had a DD where I had to be at work at 7am for my catering job (this is unusual because we mostly have parties in the evening). I had my BP coffee at 6 am and made a big pot of miracle noodles (15 oz pkg) with bell pepper, collards, tomato sauce and LC and brought it with me to eat during my shift.

Well, I had a few bites of it here and there until 3 when I got back to the catering shop. But then my boss asked if I could stay and work the next party because they were desperate and I said YES. And I ate only a few bites during THAT shift, which ended at 11:30 pm.

I didn't even eat half of my container of noodles and probably had less than 160 cals for the entire day. I just wasn't hungry!!! And this was a 17 hour work day where I lifted, pulled, walked, carried heavy trays and got a ton of exercise and WAS AROUND DELICIOUS FOOD ALL DAY THAT I DIDN'T EVEN WANT! Wow! In the past before JUDDD, I would have snacked off the trays PLUS had my free meals and yesterday I didn't want any of it.

That is a major NSV. Yes, the scale rewarded me today too, but not being obsessed about food or when I was going to be able to get a snack or eat during my work day was the big win for the week. JUDDD just keeps getting easier! Yay!!
Shelly_S is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #1119
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,695
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well CindyLG, get you! That chap at home had better pull his socks up...

Shelly I love that the 'magic' is really kicking in for you. Both the energy to work a 17 day and the JUDDD calm around food. That is 2 NSVs really.
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #1120
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,427
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I've been hoping to spot him again as I've gone back and forth to my car today (um, no unnecessary trips either ). Hee hee

Shel, that is amazing that you could be around all that delicious food and not be tempted!!! Like Kissa said, that's really 2 NSVs...staying on plan, with energy to spare.
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #1121
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,427
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I have another one. This afternoon I went to a collegue's office and crossed my legs at the knees. It worked on both sides.
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #1122
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,740
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
WTG Librarygirl - nice to be noticed! What an awesome day Shelly - looks like the JUDDD magic has found you.
TryingJudd is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #1123
Senior LCF Member
 
phoenix17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 131
Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
I just love reading all these NSVs!!! Congratulations everyone!

ShellyS- yours really struck me because the first time I realized I had more self control... that just gave me the big WOW factor and convinced me this is my new WOE for life.

YAY US!!!
phoenix17 is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #1124
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,938
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I can wear the size 10 calvin klein low straight no stretch jeans my much younger sister passed on to me "because she is too small for her fat pants now".

That was pretty miraculous when I put them on and didn't have trouble buttoning them.

My tummy needs firming up, the skin is so flabby and loose. So it bulges enough at the top that I won't wear them out without a top that won't cling at all, but soon! extra abs this week.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Yesterday the Ferrier came to shoe the horses and said I had shrunk since he'd seen me last. Which would've been about 6 to 8 weeks ago!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I have an NSV. Today, prior to my holiday in Turkey I dragged out the swimsuits. I hat that moment every year. But they looked pretty good considering the age of the today.

I was able to get into one that hasn't been worn for 6 years. Just need a suntan now. Out with fake tan tomorrow.
I hope you rock that bathing suit in Turkey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I got seriously "checked out" by a very cute guy in the parking lot this morning as I was parking my car. He stopped while he was walking and watched me in a dead stare with a smile for a full 30 secs. I tried to wink at him, but I guess I'm out of practice and I think it looked like a tic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly_S View Post

I've been on JUDDD for 6 weeks now and yesterday I had a DD where I had to be at work at 7am for my catering job (this is unusual because we mostly have parties in the evening). I had my BP coffee at 6 am and made a big pot of miracle noodles (15 oz pkg) with bell pepper, collards, tomato sauce and LC and brought it with me to eat during my shift.

Well, I had a few bites of it here and there until 3 when I got back to the catering shop. But then my boss asked if I could stay and work the next party because they were desperate and I said YES. And I ate only a few bites during THAT shift, which ended at 11:30 pm.

I didn't even eat half of my container of noodles and probably had less than 160 cals for the entire day. I just wasn't hungry!!! And this was a 17 hour work day where I lifted, pulled, walked, carried heavy trays and got a ton of exercise and WAS AROUND DELICIOUS FOOD ALL DAY THAT I DIDN'T EVEN WANT! Wow! In the past before JUDDD, I would have snacked off the trays PLUS had my free meals and yesterday I didn't want any of it.

That is a major NSV. Yes, the scale rewarded me today too, but not being obsessed about food or when I was going to be able to get a snack or eat during my work day was the big win for the week. JUDDD just keeps getting easier! Yay!!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I have another one. This afternoon I went to a collegue's office and crossed my legs at the knees. It worked on both sides.
That is a great NSV!
Carly is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #1125
Blabbermouth!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,218
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I can wear the size 10 calvin klein low straight no stretch jeans my much younger sister passed on to me "because she is too small for her fat pants now".

That was pretty miraculous when I put them on and didn't have trouble buttoning them.

My tummy needs firming up, the skin is so flabby and loose. So it bulges enough at the top that I won't wear them out without a top that won't cling at all, but soon! extra abs this week.
Fat pants? She must be a stick! But you, my dear, are a woman with beautiful curves. 10 is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Yesterday the Ferrier came to shoe the horses and said I had shrunk since he'd seen me last. Which would've been about 6 to 8 weeks ago!
And to get a guy to say something like that out loud to you - that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Gtreat Lou, he pants don't lie! Abs are an area I always need to work on too.

Love the healthier skin, I am sure mine is better too, though I put it down to DE as well.

Beverly, I think we like your Farrier.

I have an NSV. Today, prior to my holiday in Turkey I dragged out the swimsuits. I hat that moment every year. But they looked pretty good considering the age of the today.

I was able to get into one that hasn't been worn for 6 years. Just need a suntan now. Out with fake tan tomorrow.
You'll look beautiful in that swimsuit and tan Cindy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I got seriously "checked out" by a very cute guy in the parking lot this morning as I was parking my car. He stopped while he was walking and watched me in a dead stare with a smile for a full 30 secs. I tried to wink at him, but I guess I'm out of practice and I think it looked like a tic.
Woo girl! Time to practice that wink in the mirror so you can shoot it at him the next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly_S View Post
OMG! I laughed so hard!!! How awesome to get "checked out". Nice!

These posts are soooo inspiring. And I finally have one of my own to share:

I've been on JUDDD for 6 weeks now and yesterday I had a DD where I had to be at work at 7am for my catering job (this is unusual because we mostly have parties in the evening). I had my BP coffee at 6 am and made a big pot of miracle noodles (15 oz pkg) with bell pepper, collards, tomato sauce and LC and brought it with me to eat during my shift.

Well, I had a few bites of it here and there until 3 when I got back to the catering shop. But then my boss asked if I could stay and work the next party because they were desperate and I said YES. And I ate only a few bites during THAT shift, which ended at 11:30 pm.

I didn't even eat half of my container of noodles and probably had less than 160 cals for the entire day. I just wasn't hungry!!! And this was a 17 hour work day where I lifted, pulled, walked, carried heavy trays and got a ton of exercise and WAS AROUND DELICIOUS FOOD ALL DAY THAT I DIDN'T EVEN WANT! Wow! In the past before JUDDD, I would have snacked off the trays PLUS had my free meals and yesterday I didn't want any of it.

That is a major NSV. Yes, the scale rewarded me today too, but not being obsessed about food or when I was going to be able to get a snack or eat during my work day was the big win for the week. JUDDD just keeps getting easier! Yay!!
Beautiful control! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I have another one. This afternoon I went to a collegue's office and crossed my legs at the knees. It worked on both sides.
Cindy, are we on parallel universes or something? I got checked out at Walmart yesterday, and just this evening I realized I was crossing my legs comfortably. I had to try it on the other leg just to be sure and yes, it worked. When I signed on and saw your comment "It worked on both sides" it just cracked me up! YAY!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #1126
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,695
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Here's to accomplished leg crossers everywhere!
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #1127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,106
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/116/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Here's to accomplished leg crossers everywhere!
Oh that's just reminded me, - were you taught how to cross your legs at school so that there was no chance that your skirt could ride up? (I had a scholarship to this school and the things they fretted about there were like living in a parallel universe to the rest of my life. )

We had to lower ourselves down at such an angle that we could be sure that our skirt length was lower than the chair seat, then we had to make a sliding backwards motion from just behind the front of the chair seat to the back of it as we sat down to make sure that the skirt material didn't ruch up.

Once we'd sat down, if we crossed our legs, it had to be at an absurd angle that I'm sure would weaken your knee and hip ligaments for life. Basically, we had to put the leg that was on the floor at a very acute angle, and the leg on top, the knee and ankle had to line up above the lower one, as much as possible. All conducted under the decorum of your skirt and ensuring that there wouldn't be a gap, and, if there were, it would reveal a whole extra inch of the reverse of your thigh.
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 03:36 AM   #1128
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,695
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dignity and decorum at all time gels!
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #1129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,183
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
That's funny, slow! (although it sounds a bit painful, too!)

WTG LG & LCG! Those guys don't stand a chance!

Shelly, wonderful that you were able to notice such a huge change in your attitude towards food and still able to work so HARD on so little. Yay you!!!
Flutter is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:19 AM   #1130
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,427
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thanks, guys. It's the little things that matter right now, since I'm not losing weight by the bucket full.

LCG, I was talking to the lady and I crossed my leg without thinking, then realized it and switched just to see. Of course, I didn't say a small miracle had just happened.

Cindy, I just read that you are wearing a swimsuit!!!! THAT is spectacular! I can see you on the beach now.
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #1131
Senior LCF Member
 
grannysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N.IN
Posts: 283
Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
The good, the bad and the unattainable

The weight is the primary good, and that is going fine... but on the NSV front, I'm off two of three B/P meds in a rather preciptitous way! I bottomed out at work Wed night, suddenly the lights got brighter and the head felt lighter, just made it to a chair before the knees gave way...I checked my B/P...80/50...I've been fighting for months to get the diastolic below 90, it had been consistently over 100 at one point. IOW, dangerously high.

Checked the ol' blood sugar while I was sitting there, too, just in case. Nope...120. Yesterday I felt lower than snake snot, made myself some chicken stock, and slept for 12 hours. Probably had too many cals for a DD, but not that much, and didn't really care.

This morning, B/P is holding steady at 134/81, the second day on a single dose of propranolol, within normal levels, and danged good for me! But fasting blood glucose was 139, and that was after 12 hrs of fasting. That is NOT good.

I guess it's back to at least fairly low-carb for me, for now. Goodbye dear bread, I hardly knew ye...Oh well, can't have it all and eat it too...not at the moment at least!!

So I'm especially lovin a good laugh at winkin/blinkin, and a nod to ladylike leg-crossing, invincible appetite control, and suddenly being "NOT INVISIBLE" !!! Cheers!

And Cheers!
__________________
Out of the muck and growing towards the light
grannysmith is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #1132
Senior LCF Member
 
grannysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N.IN
Posts: 283
Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Sorry, i got a tit in my precipitous...not sure how I missed that, normally that would...stand out?
grannysmith is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #1133
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,695
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well Cindy, I will be wearing the swimsuits, and the overall impression will undoubtedly turn heads, though sadly for all the wrong reasons. Our eyesight deteriorates for good reasons as we age.

The body nowadays is a sad, wrinkly, thing but hey, I am closer to 70 than 60 (though only just). As a rule it will only my DH who will suffer, but as he as seen me looking a heck of a lot worse than this he is thankful for small mercies.

Oh Lynn you had me there with "lower than snake snot". Seriously I am sorry you felt so low, but that is is new one on me, I love it.

Well, as you say, not all good news but I am delighted that the BP is doing so well. In time you may be able to get back to 'nodding' terms with bread too. I hope so.

Clever.
__________________
Cindy

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #1134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mssarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 3,035
Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
My goodness...all these great things happening to and for our JB's...I love it. Whenever I feeling down and like I can't do any more, I check out this site and get my resolve back. Thanks so much for your inspiration and support. I wouldn't be where I am today without it.

Sad news in my house, tho', today...one of my very favorite blouses makes me look preggers and at my age who needs it. Adding it to the undergrown stack and wishing it well. tee hee!
Mssarge is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #1135
Blabbermouth!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,218
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Lynn, this is such great news about the medications and BP issues! Health benefits are some of the most moving NSVs in my mind. And convincing. I'm not just doing this to lose weight, I'm doing it to get and stay healthy. WTG lady!

Mary, my condolences on your "late" blouse...NOT! That's fantastic! I do understand, though, about a favorite piece all of a sudden being not so fitting. Sad, and awesome all at the same time!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #1136
Senior LCF Member
 
Mamatomany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 258
Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
It is just wonderful to read all the non-scale victories you all are having so inspiring..as usual. You know the longer you are on this board the more proud you are to be a part of such a community. I'm proud of all you all for what you do and who you are and the sacrifices you make! Truly inspiring!
Mamatomany is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #1137
Major LCF Poster!
 
Alcestis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 2,567
Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 16/10/8 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD 1850/600
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Love, love, love all the fabulous NSVs!

I'm just checking in to add one. I've been maintaining for almost a year now (although I'd ultimately like to lose another 10-20lbs) and I occasionally berate myself for not making more progress. However, I was transferring spring / summer clothes into my closet today and trying things on as I did. It eventually occurred to me that everything from last year..fits this year! That means I've kept the weight off for a whole freakin' year! I mean, I know I have because of what I see on the scale every day, but it really hit home how cool and special that is when I was slipping into clothes that I was so excited to buy last year.

I wanted to share this because sometimes we take for granted how far we've come, especially when the losses stop or sloooooow down, but maintaining is pretty darned amazing stuff too. I need to remind myself of that too
Alcestis is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #1138
Senior LCF Member
 
krissakris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 345
Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I finally wore a top that I brought months ago and was too tight. It fit perfectly, it's short sleeved and my arms look excellent thanks to my workouts. I felt so awesome in my clothes yesterday. It's such a great feeling. I've actually haven't been on the scale since I got back on track w diet and exercise this year-so nsv are huge for me
krissakris is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #1139
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,427
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
That's a wonderful NSV, Krissa!!! I would be proud too!!!

Are you a JUDDDer?
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #1140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,183
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Love, love, love all the fabulous NSVs!

I'm just checking in to add one. I've been maintaining for almost a year now (although I'd ultimately like to lose another 10-20lbs) and I occasionally berate myself for not making more progress. However, I was transferring spring / summer clothes into my closet today and trying things on as I did. It eventually occurred to me that everything from last year..fits this year! That means I've kept the weight off for a whole freakin' year! I mean, I know I have because of what I see on the scale every day, but it really hit home how cool and special that is when I was slipping into clothes that I was so excited to buy last year.

I wanted to share this because sometimes we take for granted how far we've come, especially when the losses stop or sloooooow down, but maintaining is pretty darned amazing stuff too. I need to remind myself of that too
This is HUGE!!!! Being able to actually maintain the weight loss is THE reason I joined over here. I am elated for you!!!!!!! GREAT job girl!!!!!!!!! You must feel fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I finally wore a top that I brought months ago and was too tight. It fit perfectly, it's short sleeved and my arms look excellent thanks to my workouts. I felt so awesome in my clothes yesterday. It's such a great feeling. I've actually haven't been on the scale since I got back on track w diet and exercise this year-so nsv are huge for me
Not sure where to start here! A top that now fits, your arms look great (wow!!) and you feel great in your clothes! HUGE woohoos to you!!!!!!!! PS: your progress avi picture is awesome!
Flutter is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.