Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #1081
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I have a NSV and boo hoo both on the same day. I took 3 lovely suits that have been hanging in my closet for years over to get the sleeves and pants hemmed (always - I am short!). They still had the tags on and they finally fit, still in style, feeling pretty good about myself when I stopped at the store afterwards to pick up some performance athletic shirts (you know- the sweat wicking, synthetic material kind) and I couldn't find them so I asked a sales person. She asked me if I needed plus size. Boo hoo. I bought large in this style but I am more of a medium top than anything else. Harumph. Stupid sales woman was a total buzz kill and a bad salesperson to boot!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #1082
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I have a NSV and boo hoo both on the same day. I took 3 lovely suits that have been hanging in my closet for years over to get the sleeves and pants hemmed (always - I am short!). They still had the tags on and they finally fit, still in style, feeling pretty good about myself when I stopped at the store afterwards to pick up some performance athletic shirts (you know- the sweat wicking, synthetic material kind) and I couldn't find them so I asked a sales person. She asked me if I needed plus size. Boo hoo. I bought large in this style but I am more of a medium top than anything else. Harumph. Stupid sales woman was a total buzz kill and a bad salesperson to boot!
Why wouldn't she just ask, "What size do you need?" and why would she even worry about size if you're just trying to find a particular item! Seriously bad saleswoman...feh!

Congratulations anyway, on getting into your nice new suits!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #1083
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
I stopped at the store afterwards to pick up some performance athletic shirts (you know- the sweat wicking, synthetic material kind) and I couldn't find them so I asked a sales person. She asked me if I needed plus size. Boo hoo. I bought large in this style but I am more of a medium top than anything else. Harumph. Stupid sales woman was a total buzz kill and a bad salesperson to boot!
This just happened to me too - was in a sporting goods store picking up a new PFD for my new kayak -was so excited for my kayak... and this male associate who was helping me pick the PFD looked at me and said "lets just go for the plus size" !!!!! I said to him "you know, you are not supposed to say that sort of thing to a woman, you should have at least pretended..." Harumph.

But congratulations to all the happy NSVs!!! I'll think of those instead.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #1084
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Yay for the first part and we can wish diarrhea on the sales lady!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #1085
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
TJ, That happened to me many years ago as a student. I spotted some Levi cords for 50p (about $1) in a shop window - it was a long time ago but a fraction of the normal price nevertheless! They only had the smallest size (which I'd have no chance of getting into nowadays!). The assistant looked me up and down and assured me I'd find them too small. I took two pairs!!

I hope you flaunted your large - which I assume is NOT a plus size?! - in front of that stupid saleswoman.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #1086
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Sorry about that Phoenix. We can only hope they work on commission!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #1087
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
I hope you STILL feel pretty good about yourself! It's nice to be able to shop in your own closet for new clothes, eh?

I had a salesperson ask me, "Senior's discount today?". I was in my late 40s at the time. I never went back.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #1088
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
yeah, like when you are browsing a make up counter and they immediately pull out all the stuff for "mature" skin.....gee, thanks.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #1089
Senior LCF Member

Oops I didn't mean to hijack the good stuff by repeating boohoo parts! (Except Carly's comment about wishing diarrhea on TryingJudd's saleslady was damn funny).

let's change gears again....

I bought brand new sneakers today and when trying them out on my treadmill was happy to see that my running time just keeps getting easier and I could go longer than ever!! (I'm doing those run/walk intervals with the Couch to 5K program)
Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #1090
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
This just happened to me too - was in a sporting goods store picking up a new PFD for my new kayak -was so excited for my kayak
I adore kayaking and (in general) being on the water. I wish I could do it so much more frequently than once a week (plus interruptions for snow etc.)
Old 04-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #1091
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I adore kayaking and (in general) being on the water. I wish I could do it so much more frequently than once a week (plus interruptions for snow etc.)
I was trying to decide if I should count kayaking in my total activity count for the week I doubt I am going to be paddling so hard (on flat water) that I can call it a workout!! It's more like somewhat active meditation time for me. I suppose assembling and disassembling it could count! (It's a folding kayak).

I can't wait to have a NSV to fit back in to my summer pants. I plan to work my butt off (literally - ) to get back in those pants by the end of May!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #1092
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I wasn't sure where to post this but I just had to share the relief - and joy - I'm feeling. I guess that's probably an NSV, so here goes:

I'm getting to the point where I need to decide what to do in future. I've been over my cals most days this week - 1460 isn't much for a UD! However, I'm holding at goal.

I have to be brave and decide whether to keep on ADF with higher DDs - someone said last week that after very low DDs, having a couple of hundred extra calories feels very decadent and I've been having a taste of that. Or, I could try 5:2 with stricter DDs and hope the freedom doesn't encourage me to become complacent on UDs.

It's great to know that, as long as I keep the sirts flowing, it won't matter which I choose because I can revert any time I want, no induction necessary!

It's such an enormous relief to know that I need never watch helplessly, while I look as if I'm being inflated and everything I do to try to reverse it just seems to make it worse.

That was me last August and I know I need never go there again - ever!!

It's beautiful to see the personal growth that accompanies JUDDD. To watch those who were struggling and almost gave up, as they now confidently help those struggling behind them. To witness the improved self-esteem that is shared on these pages is a special privilege.

Once again, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for the wise and generous JBs, who've shared their knowledge and experience and made this wonderful journey so easy for me. Thank you all.
Just had to go back to this and say We are so lucky to have found the answer!

TJ love that you suits are going t be in use now. As foe sales people like those mentioned, one simply has to wonder why they are employed at all.

I am behind on my posting so please forgive me if I haven't mentioned all your wonderful NSVs.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #1093
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I bought brand new sneakers today and when trying them out on my treadmill was happy to see that my running time just keeps getting easier and I could go longer than ever!! (I'm doing those run/walk intervals with the Couch to 5K program)
That's awesome! I would love to be able to run, but surgeon said no impact, so I will stick with my elliptical.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #1094
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Gosh in wish I lived somewhere that kayaking was even possible. Would be great!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #1095
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Time to donate??

I have a pair of jeans, size 12 Old Navy, that are pretty old and stretched. I think they're mostly stretched out from stuffing myself into them when they didn't really fit.
Anyway, I suppose when I can pull them on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them, its time to put them in the donate pile.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #1096
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I have a pair of jeans, size 12 Old Navy, that are pretty old and stretched. I think they're mostly stretched out from stuffing myself into them when they didn't really fit.
Anyway, I suppose when I can pull them on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them, its time to put them in the donate pile.
That's awesome!!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #1097
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yup, they are officially too big!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #1098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Gosh in wish I lived somewhere that kayaking was even possible. Would be great!
I'm so fortunate that I live within walking distance of an Outdoor Centre with a quay near a canal lock. They have Paddle Club every Saturday and kayak/equipment hire is part of the very modest weekly fee so we don't even have storage problems.

Quote:
I was trying to decide if I should count kayaking in my total activity count for the week ... It's more like somewhat active meditation time for me.
It really is a meditation-like feeling. Whether it's the feeling of grace of cutting through the water or just the still times when you can be carried by the drifts and observe the plants on the banks and the wildlife (lots of mating ducks and swans on Saturday).

I'm thankful for kayaking every time that I do it. If only all exercise could be as pleasurable.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 AM   #1099
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
I can pull them on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them.
That's fantastic!!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #1100
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I have one too. It's kind of silly but...
I can get out of the shower now and wrap a towel around myself and wear it while I do my make-up, etc. This is a little thing but a happy thing . Until a little while ago I couldn't do it without it coming unwrapped or being open where it's supposed to meet together at the legs.
NOT silly Sher! The mark of a truly thin person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I wasn't sure where to post this but I just had to share the relief - and joy - I'm feeling. I guess that's probably an NSV, so here goes:

I'm getting to the point where I need to decide what to do in future. I've been over my cals most days this week - 1460 isn't much for a UD! However, I'm holding at goal.

I have to be brave and decide whether to keep on ADF with higher DDs - someone said last week that after very low DDs, having a couple of hundred extra calories feels very decadent and I've been having a taste of that. Or, I could try 5:2 with stricter DDs and hope the freedom doesn't encourage me to become complacent on UDs.

It's great to know that, as long as I keep the sirts flowing, it won't matter which I choose because I can revert any time I want, no induction necessary!

It's such an enormous relief to know that I need never watch helplessly, while I look as if I'm being inflated and everything I do to try to reverse it just seems to make it worse.

That was me last August and I know I need never go there again - ever!!

It's beautiful to see the personal growth that accompanies JUDDD. To watch those who were struggling and almost gave up, as they now confidently help those struggling behind them. To witness the improved self-esteem that is shared on these pages is a special privilege.

Once again, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for the wise and generous JBs, who've shared their knowledge and experience and made this wonderful journey so easy for me. Thank you all.
Such a beautiful post! I am so happy for you and so glad we've all found this wonderful place. Thankful.

Quote:
Quote:
This just happened to me too - was in a sporting goods store picking up a new PFD for my new kayak -was so excited for my kayak... and this male associate who was helping me pick the PFD looked at me and said "lets just go for the plus size" !!!!! I said to him "you know, you are not supposed to say that sort of thing to a woman, you should have at least pretended..." Harumph.

But congratulations to all the happy NSVs!!! I'll think of those instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yay for the first part and we can wish diarrhea on the sales lady!
WTG TJ on the suits! Great to have new clothes to wear! And phooey to all those dumb salespeople. Actually, we should just call them clerks, because they obviously aren't good with the "sales" part! And Carly, you had me rolling on the floor with your comment - so perfect!

Quote:
Oops I didn't mean to hijack the good stuff by repeating boohoo parts! (Except Carly's comment about wishing diarrhea on TryingJudd's saleslady was damn funny).

let's change gears again....

Great! New shoes and better performance!

Quote:
They're history! Cut 'em loose! WTG!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #1101

Yup Jen, the pants do't lie, get rid!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #1102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Loving all the inspiration here! I'm celebrating vicarious victories with you all!

I haven't lost much scaleweight in two weeks, but i can see things happening...one change i haven't seen mentioned here is that my post-menopausal dry skin is looking better, especially on my sun-damaged arms. I actually had to change my industrial-strength facial moisturizer because i started breaking out...and realized that I have oil in my skin again !

Never thought I'd be celebrating THAT!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #1103
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
Loving all the inspiration here! I'm celebrating vicarious victories with you all!

I haven't lost much scaleweight in two weeks, but i can see things happening...one change i haven't seen mentioned here is that my post-menopausal dry skin is looking better, especially on my sun-damaged arms. I actually had to change my industrial-strength facial moisturizer because i started breaking out...and realized that I have oil in my skin again !

Lynn! Absolutely, oil in the skin is younger, so you're getting younger doing JUDDD! Wahoooooo!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 AM   #1104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Wow, yennie, time for some 10s for you!!!! That's amazing!!

LOL Lynn, the things we end up grateful for, hmmm?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #1105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post

Awesome news!! I hate having dry skin, so I know how it must feel to be getting rid of it! Yay for you!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #1106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I can wear the size 10 calvin klein low straight no stretch jeans my much younger sister passed on to me "because she is too small for her fat pants now".

That was pretty miraculous when I put them on and didn't have trouble buttoning them.

My tummy needs firming up, the skin is so flabby and loose. So it bulges enough at the top that I won't wear them out without a top that won't cling at all, but soon! extra abs this week.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #1107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I can wear the size 10 calvin klein low straight no stretch jeans my much younger sister passed on to me "because she is too small for her fat pants now".

That was pretty miraculous when I put them on and didn't have trouble buttoning them.

My tummy needs firming up, the skin is so flabby and loose. So it bulges enough at the top that I won't wear them out without a top that won't cling at all, but soon! extra abs this week.
Awesome!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #1108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Yesterday the Ferrier came to shoe the horses and said I had shrunk since he'd seen me last. Which would've been about 6 to 8 weeks ago!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #1109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
^^^^ that is fabulous! It takes quite a few inches for people to notice
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #1110

Gtreat Lou, he pants don't lie! Abs are an area I always need to work on too.

Love the healthier skin, I am sure mine is better too, though I put it down to DE as well.

Beverly, I think we like your Farrier.

I have an NSV. Today, prior to my holiday in Turkey I dragged out the swimsuits. I hat that moment every year. But they looked pretty good considering the age of the today.

I was able to get into one that hasn't been worn for 6 years. Just need a suntan now. Out with fake tan tomorrow.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Closed Thread