Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #1021
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
Oh my, that name change sounds absolutely demeaning. Ever wonder what *they* are thinking?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #1022
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
I think I'll do my "before" photo in my swimsuit...might as well 'put it out there'! Maybe this weekend...

am i the only one who was annoyed when Lane Bryant changed their name to "Woman Within"? Makes it sound like i swallowed a real (thin) woman...i never buy from them anyway, their quality has really gone downhill.
OMGoodness that's hysterical!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #1023
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I was invited to a tea last weekend, so went shopping in my closet for a suitable dress and lo and behold, found one that still had the label on it...never worn. Was so glad I found it as I'll undergrow it the next time I'm invited to such a fete. So adding it to the women's shelter box...only problem is I've got to get it drycleaned now that I've worn it....drat. I never buy dryclean only things. I must have got it at a drastic reduction.

BTW, I know we've written about this before, but I love this woe...I plan my meals, then can't eat all of the plan as I'm full long before I get there. I love JUDDD!!!

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #1024
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Quote:

am i the only one who was annoyed when Lane Bryant changed their name to "Woman Within"? Makes it sound like i swallowed a real (thin) woman...i never buy from them anyway, their quality has really gone downhill.
Are you sure that's the same store, I've never heard of that name? I shop Lane Bryant all the time, and as far as I know they are still Lane Bryant (I should know, I get a BIG FAT credit card bill from them every month!!! ) I think the quality has gone up from years ago, but unfortunately so have their prices. I just bought a sundress, albeit very cute sundress, but a sundress none the less. For $85.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #1025
Senior LCF Member

Ok, so here is my first official NSV. I fit in seats. I noticed this first a couple of months ago. We were at the stadium for Rodeo sitting in the same seats we have our Texans Season tickets. All last season, I had to wedge myself in the seat. I was squeezed in, I had red lines (and once even a bruise) from the metal sides of the stadium seats. During Rodeo, I found I just slid right into the seat!

Tonight, I noticed something similar on the airplane. I travel frequently for work, and I HATE plane travel. I just do not fit in the seat very well (in fact one of my lifetime weightloss goals has to do with an airplane seatbelt. I will literally cry when the day comes that I don't have to shlep my seatbelt extender on the plane with me. I can't even imagine the feeling of hearing that little "click" but when that day comes, I'm hyjacking this entire thread!!!) Anyways, I sat very comfortably in the seat tonight, and this was my usual economy tiny seat.

It's funny, I am down about 22lbs since starting dieting in January. Which, for someone my size, isn't quite that much. I never measure myself, but now I wish I had. I know I have lost inches. Lots of inches especially in my hips. There is no way 4 months ago I could fit into these seats this comfortably. It feels great (literally!)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #1026
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
I just noticed that about mine, too! It feels awesome! Keep it up!
You just gave me a badly needed laugh!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #1027
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Did another wardrobe clearout yesterday. The charity shops are going to do very well, when I finally remember to put the bags in the car!
Many of the clothes I wore last summer are huge on me now.
I bought a lovely but clingy top three years ago in a moment of optimism - and ever since have wondered why, because it accentuated every bulge.
Well now it looks great and I'm glad I kept it!!
Great balls of fire, girl, you're not going to have any clothes left! Wonderful that your beautiful top fits you beautifully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Here's one I would not have predicted for me since my legs are definitely a prime problem zone. I ordered knit, white shorts online -eeek. Not only do they fit but they look good. Skim the body and fall straight - no bumps or lumps. Kind of long - would look great with a flowy cardigan and the right sandals to go out to a casual dinner in the hot summer weather. Now I can't wait for the heat. I hope I grow too small for them before I wear them but I can return them for a smaller size then and enjoy them even more!
Sounds like a lovely summer outfit TJ. You'll look cool and slim in that!

Quote:
I think I'll do my "before" photo in my swimsuit...might as well 'put it out there'! Maybe this weekend...

I didn't know they changed the name! Where have I been? I get the WW catalog but didn't make the connection to LB. I admit, I haven't been to a LB in quite some time. There's a Catherine's right near me, so I have been going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
I was invited to a tea last weekend, so went shopping in my closet for a suitable dress and lo and behold, found one that still had the label on it...never worn. Was so glad I found it as I'll undergrow it the next time I'm invited to such a fete. So adding it to the women's shelter box...only problem is I've got to get it drycleaned now that I've worn it....drat. I never buy dryclean only things. I must have got it at a drastic reduction.

BTW, I know we've written about this before, but I love this woe...I plan my meals, then can't eat all of the plan as I'm full long before I get there. I love JUDDD!!!
How wonderful to have that perfect dress, Mary! I'll bet you were lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
Ok, so here is my first official NSV. I fit in seats. I noticed this first a couple of months ago. We were at the stadium for Rodeo sitting in the same seats we have our Texans Season tickets. All last season, I had to wedge myself in the seat. I was squeezed in, I had red lines (and once even a bruise) from the metal sides of the stadium seats. During Rodeo, I found I just slid right into the seat!

Tonight, I noticed something similar on the airplane. I travel frequently for work, and I HATE plane travel. I just do not fit in the seat very well (in fact one of my lifetime weightloss goals has to do with an airplane seatbelt. I will literally cry when the day comes that I don't have to shlep my seatbelt extender on the plane with me. I can't even imagine the feeling of hearing that little "click" but when that day comes, I'm hyjacking this entire thread!!!) Anyways, I sat very comfortably in the seat tonight, and this was my usual economy tiny seat.

It's funny, I am down about 22lbs since starting dieting in January. Which, for someone my size, isn't quite that much. I never measure myself, but now I wish I had. I know I have lost inches. Lots of inches especially in my hips. There is no way 4 months ago I could fit into these seats this comfortably. It feels great (literally!)
Yes, the seats! That is such a big deal! You have obviously been losing inches, and that's just so fantastic!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #1028
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Andy, I had one period where the scale did not move ... and I lost eleven inches. Ain't life grand? When that seat belt clicks unextended, I will cry for joy with you!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #1029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:

Words cannot describe how elated I am for you! I imagine you must be so tickled (and relieved!) to be sitting more comfortably in those seats...and when that plane seatbelt clicks for you, we will all fill up the thread with you!!! It won't be long!!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #1030
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepheka View Post
You just gave me a badly needed laugh!
Well, glad I could make you laugh! Ha! I hope people realize I was talking about smaller bras, and how I've noticed I may need one soon. I'm worrying that somehow I quoted wrong? Glad I could help anyway, though!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #1031
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Quote:
Are you sure that's the same store, I've never heard of that name? I shop Lane Bryant all the time, and as far as I know they are still Lane Bryant (I should know, I get a BIG FAT credit card bill from them every month!!! ) I think the quality has gone up from years ago, but unfortunately so have their prices. I just bought a sundress, albeit very cute sundress, but a sundress none the less. For $85.
Hmmm....I had to go look...I found this: "Our mission has always been to satisfy the fashion needs of the full-figure woman…from casual sportswear to dressy separates…lingerie to outerwear…even shoes and plus-calf boots. And we are famous for providing a fit that's as comfortable as it is becoming.Woman Within has the expertise to make it happen for women who wear sizes 12W & up. What began in 1901 as a humble dress shop called Lane Bryant® has grown into the world's leader in plus size apparel, sensitive to your comfort, style and budget."

So maybe WW is the cheapo division of Lane Bryant? And they put me on the cheapo list...accurate enough, cause I don't spend much on clothes! That doesn't make it any less insulting...
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

And as long as I'm complaining...if there's a size 12 model in their catalogs, i'll eat my scale!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #1033
Senior LCF Member

Hijack away, Andy! Just don't say that in the TSA line, you might get...detained!

any excuse to use that smiley...it makes me laugh

Hurray for getting smaller victories!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #1034
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wonderful victories.

Mary, UNDERGROW is my second favourite JUDDD word, after Grumblefrosting, from Stephdray.

Andy, yay, we are with you all the way, toss that seat belt extender away real soon!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #1035
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I (nervously) ordered 2 pair of size 9/10 jeans the other day. From a new store I've never tried before. Sight unseen or ever tried on before. Size 9/10 JEANS (you know how hard it is to find jeans that fit plus sized gals, right?). Both pair just arrived. Different styles even...and they both fit. Seriously, I could cry. Wow.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #1036
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Lynn, I'm with you on the size 12 model. Come on! If I was a size 12, would I be shopping/ordering from you guys???

Mel, 9/10 jeans is fabulous! And you are calling yourself the "fat" friend in your group? You are NOT fat my dear!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #1037
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I (nervously) ordered 2 pair of size 9/10 jeans the other day. From a new store I've never tried before. Sight unseen or ever tried on before. Size 9/10 JEANS (you know how hard it is to find jeans that fit plus sized gals, right?). Both pair just arrived. Different styles even...and they both fit. Seriously, I could cry. Wow.
Wowwwwwwwwww!!!! Good job, Flutter!!! I bet you look smokin! Have you had the dinner w/your friends yet?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #1038
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

EXcellent!!!! A few years ago the faculty meeting was held in the science auditorium/classroom and the little seats have pull-up desks...I was jammed into mine and felt so embarrassed! I know how wonderful it must feel to finally fit!

Quote:
And as long as I'm complaining...if there's a size 12 model in their catalogs, i'll eat my scale!
YEARS ago when I wasn't plus-sized, I went into LB at the mall looking for a sheer white shirt I had seen on a co-worker. I thought I could probably wear it, with a shirt underneath. One of the customers said to me, "You KNOW you have to be at least a size 12 to shop in here!" I wish someone would say that to me now, LOL.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 04-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #1039
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
that's so funny! i had to look that store up online when you mentioned it. Its definitely not the store sucking up all of my paychecks but maybe it is their cheaper cousin. But, one thing INFURIATED me about their website. All the women in the clothes are more like a size 6 but wearing these ridiculously oversized t-shirts and clothing you KNOW they would never wear. At least the real LB uses somewhat plus sized women (or what the fashion industry thinks is plus sized which is likely that big HUGE size 12!).
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #1040

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
this one!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #1041
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Go ahead & cry!! We'll cry with you!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #1042
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:

I see a belt toss in your future!!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:23 AM   #1043

Whoo hoo Flutter, pretty new 9/10 jeans. You rock!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #1044
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's awesome!! Congratulations to you!!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #1045
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I think I've had/am having an NSV! I just noticed while going up the stairs here at work, I had no knee pain!! (As I am severely knock-kneed, I have always had pain in my knees everyday doing simple tasks, and it has gotten much worse over the past few years.)

I think because of my small weight loss coupled with doing Callanetics, I might be erasing that pain. This is really exciting for me because knee pain kept me from participating in certain activities, such as running, climbing, etc. Maybe in the near future I can actually do some of that stuff! Yay!!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #1046

Silverrain, now that is a huge NSV.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #1047
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
Start Date: April 10/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
Oh, I think I've had/am having an NSV! I just noticed while going up the stairs here at work, I had no knee pain!! (As I am severely knock-kneed, I have always had pain in my knees everyday doing simple tasks, and it has gotten much worse over the past few years.)

I think because of my small weight loss coupled with doing Callanetics, I might be erasing that pain. This is really exciting for me because knee pain kept me from participating in certain activities, such as running, climbing, etc. Maybe in the near future I can actually do some of that stuff! Yay!!
That's wonderful!
It's not nice when you can't participate in activities and be left out while others are having all the fun.

It's also encouraging to hear as I have terrible pain in my left knee, some times more severe than others. I hope it disappears for me, too.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #1048

Karen, I suffered from painful knees, mostly my right knee, for years. It was diagnosed as arthritis a couple of years ago.

About 9 months ago I started to take megadoses of Glucosamine after reading someone here say it had taken their pain away. I take 2 1,500 mg tablets at night and 1 1,500 tablet each morning. The difference is extraordinary. I am in heaven

This is only my own own experience, but I though it worth sharing again.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
Start Date: April 10/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Karen, I suffered from painful knees, mostly my right knee, for years. It was diagnosed as arthritis a couple of years ago.

About 9 months ago I started to take megadoses of Glucosamine after reading someone here say it had taken their pain away. I take 2 1,500 mg tablets at night and 1 1,500 tablet each morning. The difference is extraordinary. I am in heaven

This is only my own own experience, but I though it worth sharing again.
Thank you, Cindy.
I'm heading out to Costco this morning and I'll pick up a bottle and see if I can get the same results.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #1050

Takes a little time of course, maybe 3 months, but it is worth a try
Closed Thread