Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #991
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Don't buy too much, you will need smaller sizes again soothe way you've been going!

Shari, so thrilled for you!!!!!

Jay, yippeeeee!!!!! I bet you feel so much better now!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Jaymar, how wonderful that your pain is lessening!

Shari, how exciting for you!!!!!

Kim, I think you're going to get to enjoy clothes shopping
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
That is GREAT Kim! I know, it's awful too, from a $$ point of view. Try Goodwill, thrift shops. I'd never set foot in a Goodwill until a few months ago and I got some nice things at smokin' hot prices. I need to make another run there soon. You have to keep going regularly to get really good stuff, and I need to make a point to do that.

Congratulations!! You're shrinking!
I did some shopping online yesterday and hit the JACKPOT.Gorgeous Maxi Dress I been ogling at $89.99 forever and w/ promo codes(was able to stack a coupon) I got it for $25.99.Bought a few other things too,even a new red designer handbag because mine didnt fit me anymore...lol

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #992
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
I did some shopping online yesterday and hit the JACKPOT.Gorgeous Maxi Dress I been ogling at $89.99 forever and w/ promo codes(was able to stack a coupon) I got it for $25.99.Bought a few other things too,even a new red designer handbag because mine didnt fit me anymore...lol
I got some cute Coach tennis shoes (for my vow renewal) and have almost convinced DH I need a matching bag. Mine don't fit anymore either!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Just consigned a couple more pairs of pants to the charity bag. My wardrobe has lost quite a bit of weight too of late!

What a pity we can't have a communal JUDDD outgrown clothes box between us. We could lucky dip in there as necessary - while sipping our BPCs. Would save us a fortune!

Noticed today that my naturally round face has finally caught up with the rest of my body and no longer looks like the moon on a stick.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #994
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Ooooh! I just had a NSV!

I present at this work conference every year... this year, I'm also doing 2 days of pre-conference training, as part of the Training team. Looks like they are considering ordering team polo/collared style t-shirts.

The organizer wanted to know what size we'd wear

normally, I'd order a 2x and hope it wasn't tight (these are supposedly "unisex", or maybe even a 3x b/c I hate to be uncomfortable.

Today, I answered her with 2x... because I'm confident that no matter how it's made, it will fit! It'll probably be a bit big even

S.
Whoo hoo! You'll be rocking a 1x before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I just realized that some more of my clothes are WAAYYYYY too big on me, and I'm going to have to donate them! A bunch of casual knit capris are in danger of falling down , and a shirt I really, really love, which fit nicely a couple of weeks ago, is now loose. I'm going to keep wearing it, because it doesn't look bad, it just doesn't show my losses as well as some newer tops that fit a little closer. Wow, I just can't believe I'm getting this much smaller. My head needs to catch up!
I think the biggest part of this NSV is the donating part
I can't lie... I have a box of all my 2x and 3x stuff packed up... too scared to donate them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Congratulations on all of the shrinking JUDDD'ers. Isn't it wonderful to be going down down down in sizes? I haven't lost pounds but the size 8 pants and top I wore yesterday was getting a tad loose. Especially the top. It kind of just hung there. So I am waiting for another drop on the scale soon since that usually follows.
I am wearing size 6 jeans so it stands to reason all of my closets full of 8's are going to be getting too large. I went hog wild years ago when I lost a bunch of weight and bought a very large wardrobe that I will never get around to wearing but I am trying. Something different most everyday except for a few favorite things before they are too big to wear and must go.
My smallest knit summer pullover is too big. I wore it last Saturday anyway and I have to put it away. I will have to pick up a few of those for summer regardless.
Don't you just love shrinking in maintenance???!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post
I had an NSV today that really made me smile. I met a client (who is also a friend) and we said our hellos, then he hugged me, and then he exclaimed, "YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT!!!" Not the wishy washy "Have you been losing weight?" question. It was really nice to be able to answer back, "Yes, thank you, I have!".

Kimmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
What a great bunch of losers we are!!! Deb & soren, even those shirts will be too small before long! In the mean time, enjoy them as they "grow" on you as you shrink!!

LCG, you said, " My head needs to catch up!". I so agree with you! I put on a favorite tshirt this morning(I had to go to the dentist to have a tooth pulled!! ) and I went & when I got home, I told my DH why hadn't he told me how baggy this shirt looked on me? He said"I've tried, you won't listen!" What can I say? I've gotta finally "see" it for myself IYKWIM!?

Friday, our little grocery store re-opened. It had been closed for a month from storm damage. Anyway, one of the cashiers is a friend of mine & she walked up behind me & whispered in my ear" Shari, you've lost a LOT of weight! Yes?". I was so happy that she asked me that. Not many people have. My mother thought I looked sick when she saw me at Christmas! I was only tired from getting dinner ready for 40 people that day!!

So, those are my NSV's lately! Now, I need to go to a bigger city & find some size 8 clothes!! Can't find any around here!
Yay for others as well as ourselves recognizing our losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Pretty sure I just got hit on at the bagel place by a pretty attractive guy in his forties. He didn't ask for my number, but I think he would have if I had given him some encouragement. I'm so used to being "invisible" that this feels very weird.
Dawn- you know you are smokin' girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
I went shopping today for jeans & shirts for a trip I'm taking this weekend. I prefer jeans with elastic in the waist; so, I found some stretch type jeans that had skinny legs & tried on an 8-10. They were baggy on me. So, knowing full well that I was crazy!, I tried on a 4-6 & holy cow!!!!!!!!! They fit!! And they made me look slim, not like my butt & legs had "moved out" of my pants!! LOL! I've always had thin legs; but, the last few years I just said I had gained "muscle" in them! Yeah, right!! I was so thrilled by the jeans that I bought 3 shirts size M & L. Also, bought a new purse & drawers & a bra that fits!! I tried everything on for my DH & he was as thrilled as I was! He asked me how it felt to finally be able to see my weight loss in clothing size. I felt so happy I thought I might pop!! I haven't been in clothes this size since 1994!! Who would have ever thought that JUDDD would give me so much freedom to eat & lose weight at the same time. It is so easy to do! Since I hit goal I'm maintaining every week at 141-147!! I love this...........have I said that before!!
Rock those skinny jeans!
(A town with no 8's? What size do they have???? Only bigger or only smaller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Way to Go, all you lovely ladies...I have enjoyed reading this thread so early in the morning..starts my day off with a smile....another thing that's making me smile lately is that my inflammation Must be going down because my pain level has diminished...I can't tell you what that means to me..it helps me so much..I can't do a lot of the things I used to do, but, at least I have hope of being able to enjoy life a lot more..I think what has made it happen was the alternate day fasting..reseveratrol..and the inspiration I get from reading the posts here on the board...Thank you all, for all that you do to help others.
Less pain!!!! That is huge!!!

Quote:
This is GREAT and awful all at the same time.Suddenly NONE(like 90%) of my clothes dont fit.Not even belted. I havent been much of a shopper in awhile and cant begin to imagine what this is going to cost me...but I NEED to go shopping!
All I can say is "clearence". That stuff will soon be too large as well.

Quote:
Just consigned a couple more pairs of pants to the charity bag. My wardrobe has lost quite a bit of weight too of late!

What a pity we can't have a communal JUDDD outgrown clothes box between us. We could lucky dip in there as necessary - while sipping our BPCs. Would save us a fortune!

Noticed today that my naturally round face has finally caught up with the rest of my body and no longer looks like the moon on a stick.
I just seemed to notice that about my face not so long ago. For so many years it looked so round and bloated. I almost don't recognize my reflection at times.
(Some times I see my reflection quickly and say- what's my mom doing here?
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 04-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #995
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivatedMomma4
Stats: 180/147/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 19 2013
I was so excited about my NSV today :-) I had bought a pair of Silver jeans In a size 29 Right before I got pregnat with my last baby that I never got to wear. I tried them on just to see how much longer I had until they fit up over my thighs, and to my suprize they not only went up but I could button them with ease I was actually jumping up and down and ran out to show my husband..hahaha!! He says hes happy for me and all but its a bad thing though because if I am fitting into all my clothes already then when I get to my goal weight I am going to need to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe
“just because you fail once, it doesn't mean you're going to fail at everything. keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself because if you don't, then who will? so keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”
― Marilyn Monroe

Crystal
Old 04-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #996
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Smokin' deal girl! Yes, those handbags do stop fitting after awhile, don't they?

Quote:

To wardrobes losing weight, and faces getting slimmer! I agree about the communal JUDDD exchange box. If only we could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I just seemed to notice that about my face not so long ago. For so many years it looked so round and bloated. I almost don't recognize my reflection at times. (Some times I see my reflection quickly and say- what's my mom doing here?
Your mom must be a beautiful lady then, Carly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivatedMomma4 View Post
I was so excited about my NSV today :-) I had bought a pair of Silver jeans In a size 29 Right before I got pregnat with my last baby that I never got to wear. I tried them on just to see how much longer I had until they fit up over my thighs, and to my suprize they not only went up but I could button them with ease I was actually jumping up and down and ran out to show my husband..hahaha!! He says hes happy for me and all but its a bad thing though because if I am fitting into all my clothes already then when I get to my goal weight I am going to need to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe
Those jeans sound great! And great for you slipping into them so easily!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Rock those skinny jeans!
(A town with no 8's? What size do they have???? Only bigger or only smaller?
Carly, our little town doesn't even have a grocery store! But, it has 3 feed stores! I drive 12 miles to the next town for groceries & the only store that sales clothing deals with much larger sizes. That worked well for me at one time. But, not anymore. Although, they are advertising they are bringing in a newer selection of clothing for the younger people. That will probably leave me out, too!! This is what comes of living in the country; but, I wouldn't change it.

Quote:
Yea for you Momma!!! I feel your excitement!! It's so fun to realize that something you thought wouldn't fit, now does!!!! Isn't it great to have supportive DH's?? When he see's you in all of your new clothes.........he'll be happy cause you will be happy!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #998
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
What great NSV's everyone is having. Such fun to read about them!

Congratulations to everyone
Old 04-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #999
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
Start Date: April 10/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
What great NSV's everyone is having. Such fun to read about them!

Congratulations to everyone
I second this. It's wonderful reading all of this great news from everyone.

I hope there's plenty more for us all!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #1000
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Not only button them,but w/ easethat had to feel wonderful!!I only have 1 pr. of jeans that fit now...need to go in and try some on..dont know my sz. anymore and am not about to guess.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #1001
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #1002
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Well my bras are all now officially on the middle or smallest hook, as opposed to the largest & digging.
This is relatively new. I had to go into a bathroom yesterday at Disneyland and fix my bra. It was moving too much on the largest setting. Yay!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Go Yennie on smaller bra sizes! Hope you are having fun in Disney! All that walking is great exercise.

DD talked me into a shopping trip and as I absentmindedly scooped up some tops to try on she said "What are you doing with all those larges?". She was right. I scored a bunch of medium tops, a few junior sizes and a couple of larges for those styles that I prefer roomy. Now I didn't try on any pants so will wait for the next shopping trip to see if my bottom heavy body has changed much there but it is nice to get to smaller sizes even when the scale is stuck.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #1004

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yay to adjusting the bra...in the right direction.

TJ your daughter know you are getting smaller, so that is an additional NSV along with those great new tops.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Yay TJ!!!!!

Yennie, joining the shrinking bra club .....
Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #1006
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Well my bras are all now officially on the middle or smallest hook, as opposed to the largest & digging.
This is relatively new. I had to go into a bathroom yesterday at Disneyland and fix my bra. It was moving too much on the largest setting. Yay!!!
it feels good, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
DD talked me into a shopping trip and as I absentmindedly scooped up some tops to try on she said "What are you doing with all those larges?". She was right. I scored a bunch of medium tops, a few junior sizes and a couple of larges for those styles that I prefer roomy. Now I didn't try on any pants so will wait for the next shopping trip to see if my bottom heavy body has changed much there but it is nice to get to smaller sizes even when the scale is stuck.
Awesome! Enjoy the new clothes!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #1007
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Love this thread.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #1008
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I don't know if this is a victory per se, but since I have been JUDDDing my menses have regulated. I thought I was on the verge of being completely done with them, as I only had 2 for a year before I started JUDDD. Now it's every month...again. I can only attribute it to ADF, as nothing else significant has changed.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #1009
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I don't know if this is a victory per se, but since I have been JUDDDing my menses have regulated. I thought I was on the verge of being completely done with them, as I only had 2 for a year before I started JUDDD. Now it's every month...again. I can only attribute it to ADF, as nothing else significant has changed.
That is awesome!
I have had the total opposite reaction
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #1010
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
I just noticed that about mine, too! It feels awesome! Keep it up!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #1011
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's fantastic! Time for new bra shopping!

Quote:
DD is right! What a wonderful "surprise" for you to realize it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
I just noticed that about mine, too! It feels awesome! Keep it up!
Well, it's definitely not fun to have them more often again, but I'd say it means your body has done a lot of internal cleanup and has you back on a regular schedule. And that's a good, healthy sign!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #1012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
These NSVs are fabulous! Getting checked out by the men, smaller sizes than expected, people noticing weight loss ... I love it!

I have a strange one. I went swimming for the first time since last summer, and I noticed that when I got out of the pool, I didn't feel so heavy on solid ground. Know what I mean? Last year, after feeling weightless in the pool, when getting out I felt like I was made of some kind of heavy metal, just so HEAVY. Now I just feel ... regular, which is nice. And I need a new swimsuit!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #1013
Big Yapper!!!!

Christina, that's a good one! It's been AGES since I've been in a pool, much less a swimsuit, but I do know the feeling you're talking about. Wonderful to feel normal!

I like to wear knit pull on capris around the house, and mine were/are all WAY too big. So when a sale came a month or so ago, I ordered a whole bunch of different colors (and 2 pair of shorts - eek!) in size Large. I figured they'd be a bit too small right away, but through the summer they'd be fine. Tried a pair on last week and it was still too snug. Tried them on this morning, and they're fine! I have a whole new casual wardrobe now! Wheeeeee!

I also realized last night, going through my mail and some of the myriad of catalogs I get, that my "big girl" catalogs won't be of much use to me for much longer. The stuff in them is boxy and soon will be too big!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
LG, a more regular cycle is definitely a good thing!

Christina, feeling lighter and needing new swimsuits, woohoo! It's great to feel better about yourself, isn't it? Yay!

LCG how awesome the smaller sizes are working now! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

WTG everyone!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #1015

Loving these NSVs.

LCG I love this, so happy for you.x
Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #1016
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome NSVs!
Healthier hormones, no need for big girl catalogues and feeling lighter.

Did another wardrobe clearout yesterday. The charity shops are going to do very well, when I finally remember to put the bags in the car!
Many of the clothes I wore last summer are huge on me now.
I bought a lovely but clingy top three years ago in a moment of optimism - and ever since have wondered why, because it accentuated every bulge.
Well now it looks great and I'm glad I kept it!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #1017
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Here's one I would not have predicted for me since my legs are definitely a prime problem zone. I ordered knit, white shorts online -eeek. Not only do they fit but they look good. Skim the body and fall straight - no bumps or lumps. Kind of long - would look great with a flowy cardigan and the right sandals to go out to a casual dinner in the hot summer weather. Now I can't wait for the heat. I hope I grow too small for them before I wear them but I can return them for a smaller size then and enjoy them even more!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #1018

I love the sound of those shorts TJ. I don't wear shorts cos my legs, though slim are kind of 'old' looking. Those sound great.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #1019
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
I think I'll do my "before" photo in my swimsuit...might as well 'put it out there'! Maybe this weekend...

am i the only one who was annoyed when Lane Bryant changed their name to "Woman Within"? Makes it sound like i swallowed a real (thin) woman...i never buy from them anyway, their quality has really gone downhill.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #1020
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Here's one I would not have predicted for me since my legs are definitely a prime problem zone. I ordered knit, white shorts online -eeek. Not only do they fit but they look good. Skim the body and fall straight - no bumps or lumps. Kind of long - would look great with a flowy cardigan and the right sandals to go out to a casual dinner in the hot summer weather. Now I can't wait for the heat. I hope I grow too small for them before I wear them but I can return them for a smaller size then and enjoy them even more!
Not only knit, but WHITE!!!! You should be very proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
I think I'll do my "before" photo in my swimsuit...might as well 'put it out there'! Maybe this weekend...

am i the only one who was annoyed when Lane Bryant changed their name to "Woman Within"? Makes it sound like i swallowed a real (thin) woman...i never buy from them anyway, their quality has really gone downhill.
No, I don't like it either. It sounds like, "You're pretty on the inside"
Closed Thread