Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I just realized that some more of my clothes are WAAYYYYY too big on me, and I'm going to have to donate them! A bunch of casual knit capris are in danger of falling down , and a shirt I really, really love, which fit nicely a couple of weeks ago, is now loose. I'm going to keep wearing it, because it doesn't look bad, it just doesn't show my losses as well as some newer tops that fit a little closer. Wow, I just can't believe I'm getting this much smaller. My head needs to catch up!
Well we can believe it LCG, Good work, enjoy the new clothes.

Adi, love your baggy size 8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post
I had an NSV today that really made me smile. I met a client (who is also a friend) and we said our hellos, then he hugged me, and then he exclaimed, "YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT!!!" Not the wishy washy "Have you been losing weight?" question. It was really nice to be able to answer back, "Yes, thank you, I have!".

Kimmie
Seriously cool, and well earned.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
We should have a sewing 101 webinar for all the JUDDers who need to "take in" their too big favorite clothing!
Omg, I'd totally sign up. Though... shopping is pretty fun too
Old 04-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #963
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
What a great bunch of losers we are!!! Deb & soren, even those shirts will be too small before long! In the mean time, enjoy them as they "grow" on you as you shrink!!

LCG, you said, " My head needs to catch up!". I so agree with you! I put on a favorite tshirt this morning(I had to go to the dentist to have a tooth pulled!! ) and I went & when I got home, I told my DH why hadn't he told me how baggy this shirt looked on me? He said"I've tried, you won't listen!" What can I say? I've gotta finally "see" it for myself IYKWIM!?

Friday, our little grocery store re-opened. It had been closed for a month from storm damage. Anyway, one of the cashiers is a friend of mine & she walked up behind me & whispered in my ear" Shari, you've lost a LOT of weight! Yes?". I was so happy that she asked me that. Not many people have. My mother thought I looked sick when she saw me at Christmas! I was only tired from getting dinner ready for 40 people that day!!

So, those are my NSV's lately! Now, I need to go to a bigger city & find some size 8 clothes!! Can't find any around here!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #964
Major LCF Poster!

Tofucheez, I am a seamstress by trade & I can't stand to alter clothing!! LOL!! I'd just as soon buy new ones! Although, as hard a time as I'm having finding new ones, I may have to get over my dislike of alterations!!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #965
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Tofucheez, I am a seamstress by trade & I can't stand to alter clothing!! LOL!! I'd just as soon buy new ones! Although, as hard a time as I'm having finding new ones, I may have to get over my dislike of alterations!!
Amen Shari. I majored in home economics and I can sew anything but I HATE. HATE. HATE. to do alterations on women's clothes. I would rather make something new from scratch.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #966
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
That cake recipe sounds wonderful. Is the coconut sweetened?
Yes, it is a very sweet frosting. I think it's better with only half the sugar then the recipe calls for.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #967
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Wow, great NSVs. Here's to unflatteringly baggy pants and shirts - and getting rid of them!

I already have a bag full of overlarge pants waiting to go to the charity shop - I'm with you on the aversion to alterations! Fortunately, I'm a t-shirt and jeggings kinda gal, so it's not a big deal.

A friend of mine, with much more extravagant taste, hired a professional to rescue her expensive items. Cheaper than buying replacements!

I just did a wardrobe check and the “skinny” jeggings I bought last October - when I'd lost 6 lbs and thought I was looking good - are now big and baggy and look dreadful. I have been wearing a size smaller but hadn't realised how very different it looks!!!

So, maybe as well as keeping the size smaller goal-item, we should keep one of a previous size, just to remind us how far we've come.

My new, smaller-cup bras are now getting concertina pleats. So new bras to buy again. I can't remember when I last was only a c cup!

However, here's my main NSV. I realised that, for the last week or so, I've been sleeping right through the night and not waking up to go for a pee. I'm guessing that loss of visceral fat has given my bladder more storage room!

So, once again, while the scales having been playing silly beggars, my body has been quietly getting on with the good work.

Isn't JUDDD amazing?!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #968

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Pretty sure I just got hit on at the bagel place by a pretty attractive guy in his forties. He didn't ask for my number, but I think he would have if I had given him some encouragement. I'm so used to being "invisible" that this feels very weird.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #969
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Pretty sure I just got hit on at the bagel place by a pretty attractive guy in his forties. He didn't ask for my number, but I think he would have if I had given him some encouragement. I'm so used to being "invisible" that this feels very weird.
How YOU doin?

I have been noticing the same thing. We went to the golf course this weekend, and men were definitely "checking me out". It's been a long time, but I still recognize the "look".
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #970
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Yay!!!! It must feel so wonderful to not be "invisible"! Dawn, you are amazing!

Old 04-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #971
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, getting "the look". Awesome!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You go girls!!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #973
Major LCF Poster!

OMG! OMG!!

I went shopping today for jeans & shirts for a trip I'm taking this weekend. I prefer jeans with elastic in the waist; so, I found some stretch type jeans that had skinny legs & tried on an 8-10. They were baggy on me. So, knowing full well that I was crazy!, I tried on a 4-6 & holy cow!!!!!!!!! They fit!! And they made me look slim, not like my butt & legs had "moved out" of my pants!! LOL! I've always had thin legs; but, the last few years I just said I had gained "muscle" in them! Yeah, right!! I was so thrilled by the jeans that I bought 3 shirts size M & L. Also, bought a new purse & drawers & a bra that fits!! I tried everything on for my DH & he was as thrilled as I was! He asked me how it felt to finally be able to see my weight loss in clothing size. I felt so happy I thought I might pop!! I haven't been in clothes this size since 1994!! Who would have ever thought that JUDDD would give me so much freedom to eat & lose weight at the same time. It is so easy to do! Since I hit goal I'm maintaining every week at 141-147!! I love this...........have I said that before!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #974
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, of course, he was hitting on you!! Have you looked at yourself in the mirror, girl??! I understand feeling "invisible". I didn't want people to look at me! I still don't. But, DH, is trying hard to help me feel better about my appearance. Aren't supportive spouses awesome??
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #975

Shari I am so glad that you are getting the compliments you deserve, and now that you've been shopping and have those tiny new clothes you can be rid if the baggy ones. I agree that altering is deadly, I lose the will to live.

The best thing about your lovely NSVs though is how truly thrilled your DH clearly is. And so he should be.

Flossy, although I am thrilled about your smaller sizes it is the sleeping NSVs I especially delighted to read. Rest is so important for our health.

We'll need to shut Dawn and Cindy away if they are going to keep picking up men. Invisible no more you charmers.

Keep the NSVs coming.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 04-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #976
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Way to Go, all you lovely ladies...I have enjoyed reading this thread so early in the morning..starts my day off with a smile....another thing that's making me smile lately is that my inflammation Must be going down because my pain level has diminished...I can't tell you what that means to me..it helps me so much..I can't do a lot of the things I used to do, but, at least I have hope of being able to enjoy life a lot more..I think what has made it happen was the alternate day fasting..reseveratrol..and the inspiration I get from reading the posts here on the board...Thank you all, for all that you do to help others.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #977
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I am ao excited for everyone and their NSV's Greatly deserved!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:09 AM   #978
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
I went shopping today for jeans & shirts for a trip I'm taking this weekend. I prefer jeans with elastic in the waist; so, I found some stretch type jeans that had skinny legs & tried on an 8-10. They were baggy on me. So, knowing full well that I was crazy!, I tried on a 4-6 & holy cow!!!!!!!!! They fit!! And they made me look slim, not like my butt & legs had "moved out" of my pants!! LOL! I've always had thin legs; but, the last few years I just said I had gained "muscle" in them! Yeah, right!! I was so thrilled by the jeans that I bought 3 shirts size M & L. Also, bought a new purse & drawers & a bra that fits!! I tried everything on for my DH & he was as thrilled as I was! He asked me how it felt to finally be able to see my weight loss in clothing size. I felt so happy I thought I might pop!! I haven't been in clothes this size since 1994!! Who would have ever thought that JUDDD would give me so much freedom to eat & lose weight at the same time. It is so easy to do! Since I hit goal I'm maintaining every week at 141-147!! I love this...........have I said that before!!
Shari, I can hear the excitement and thrill in your voice!!! That is sooooo wonderful!! Your enthusiasm and joy is contagious, and it makes my JUDDD journey that much more enjoyable. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #979
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 203/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Shari, now THERE'S some inspiration! Can't wait til I can buy some new 'drawers' that ain't...granny-panties!

Even your purse size changed! That's awesome!

ya made my morning!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Way to Go, all you lovely ladies...I have enjoyed reading this thread so early in the morning..starts my day off with a smile....another thing that's making me smile lately is that my inflammation Must be going down because my pain level has diminished...I can't tell you what that means to me..it helps me so much..I can't do a lot of the things I used to do, but, at least I have hope of being able to enjoy life a lot more..I think what has made it happen was the alternate day fasting..reseveratrol..and the inspiration I get from reading the posts here on the board...Thank you all, for all that you do to help others.
That is one of the best NSV's ever! Pain and inflammation reduction!!! I am so very happy that is happening for you, Jaymar! Isn't it amazing how many things IF works on?

Kimmie

Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #981
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Shari I am so glad that you are getting the compliments you deserve, and now that you've been shopping and have those tiny new clothes you can be rid if the baggy ones. I agree that altering is deadly, I lose the will to live.

The best thing about your lovely NSVs though is how truly thrilled your DH clearly is. And so he should be.

Flossy, although I am thrilled about your smaller sizes it is the sleeping NSVs I especially delighted to read. Rest is so important for our health.

We'll need to shut Dawn and Cindy away if they are going to keep picking up men. Invisible no more you charmers.

Keep the NSVs coming.

My sentiments exactly!!! Very well said!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #982

Jaymar, your posts are always so lovely.

Whether you are posting a wonderful NSV like this or giving me (and others) your kind, wise support.

I am constantly amazed at how much JUDDD genuinely appears to help us with our inflammation levels. I know Dr Johnson and Dr Mosely say it, but there is nothing like hearing it from the 'horse's mouth' so to speak.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #983

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Love this one! We are so very lucky to have supportive spouses, and I can just see you rocking those 4-6s!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #984
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
Start Date: July 2014
Everyone has been doing so well. I am happy for each and every one of you! I look forward to the day I have my first clothing/appearance NSV. Keep up the great work, everyone!! You are inspiring!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #985

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I just get so much joy reading this thread! You guys are GREAT!

Adi, you perfect size 6 you! I'm just fascinated that even when maintaining, you guys are still losing sizes and shifting stuff around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
We should have a sewing 101 webinar for all the JUDDers who need to "take in" their too big favorite clothing!
I love the idea, but hate sewing. In fact, I don't really know how. HS Freshman year Home Ec - loved the cooking and hated the sewing (go figure!!) Mom tried to show me how as a young woman, I got mad and gave up. In fact, I'm 46, Mom is 79 and she's still altering my clothes! I want her to try and show me how again. Maybe I won't throw a tantrum this time (no promises).

Kimmie, what a lovely compliment! Bask in it!

Shari, isn't it so weird how we don't "see" ourselves? That's so awesome that your husband is so thrilled for you. And you're so tiny! Woohoo!

Flossyliz, sleeping through the night is HUGE! It affects our lives on so many different levels. Fantastic!

Dawn, you're getting checked out left and right! Your beauty AND your new confidence are shining through, and those guys are noticing! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
How YOU doin?
Love it! Cindy, getting the looks from the fellas! I hope you and BF are working out your "stuff", but it sure doesn't hurt to see other guys taking an interest. Great for the ego! (wolf whistle).

Jaymar, you couldn't make me any happier than to hear your pain is lessening!

Wow, these NSVs are piling up, and I love it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #986
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
This is GREAT and awful all at the same time.Suddenly NONE(like 90%) of my clothes dont fit.Not even belted. I havent been much of a shopper in awhile and cant begin to imagine what this is going to cost me...but I NEED to go shopping!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #987

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
That is GREAT Kim! I know, it's awful too, from a $$ point of view. Try Goodwill, thrift shops. I'd never set foot in a Goodwill until a few months ago and I got some nice things at smokin' hot prices. I need to make another run there soon. You have to keep going regularly to get really good stuff, and I need to make a point to do that.

Congratulations!! You're shrinking!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
This is GREAT and awful all at the same time.Suddenly NONE(like 90%) of my clothes dont fit.Not even belted. I havent been much of a shopper in awhile and cant begin to imagine what this is going to cost me...but I NEED to go shopping!
Don't buy too much, you will need smaller sizes again soothe way you've been going!

Shari, so thrilled for you!!!!!

Jay, yippeeeee!!!!! I bet you feel so much better now!!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #989
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Keep the NSVs coming.
Thank you, Cindy!! I may need to ignore my distaste of alterations & just DO it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Decrease in pain is wonderful!!! I am so happy that you're feeling hope that one day, it will be gone!! Keep up what you're doing! You'll get there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I am ao excited for everyone and their NSV's Greatly deserved!
Thanks, Lili!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Shari, I can hear the excitement and thrill in your voice!!! That is sooooo wonderful!! Your enthusiasm and joy is contagious, and it makes my JUDDD journey that much more enjoyable. Thank you!
Thank you!! I woke up this morning thinking about what I was going to wear! (as usual) Only there was no dread in that thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
Shari, now THERE'S some inspiration! Can't wait til I can buy some new 'drawers' that ain't...granny-panties!

Even your purse size changed! That's awesome!

ya made my morning!
Even your purse size changed! Yes it did!! I bought a bigger one!!! LOL!! Go figure!! And as for the drawers? I got thigh highs!! OMG!!! Thank you granny for your words! I love the smiles & laughter you've given me!!

Quote:
Love this one! We are so very lucky to have supportive spouses, and I can just see you rocking those 4-6s!
Yes, Dawn!! Supportive spouses make all the difference!! I'll let you know whether I "rock" those jeans after I wear them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
Everyone has been doing so well. I am happy for each and every one of you! I look forward to the day I have my first clothing/appearance NSV. Keep up the great work, everyone!! You are inspiring!
Thank you, rain!! I can't wait to hear about your first clothing/appearance NSV!! There will be many!!

Quote:
I just get so much joy reading this thread! You guys are GREAT!

I love the idea, but hate sewing. In fact, I don't really know how. HS Freshman year Home Ec - loved the cooking and hated the sewing (go figure!!) Mom tried to show me how as a young woman, I got mad and gave up. In fact, I'm 46, Mom is 79 and she's still altering my clothes! I want her to try and show me how again. Maybe I won't throw a tantrum this time (no promises).

Shari, isn't it so weird how we don't "see" ourselves? That's so awesome that your husband is so thrilled for you. And you're so tiny! Woohoo!

Wow, these NSVs are piling up, and I love it!
Thanks LCG!! My mom is 82 & would alter mine if I asked her to! But, then she wouldn't understand why I didn't do it myself!!
And you know, when I was 98 pounds & deep into my anorexia, I still thought I had a huge belly! At that weight NOTHING is huge!! Thank the Lord I'm not in that place anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
Go slow at first! Goodwill, Thrift Shops etc, are a good idea! I would do that if I had any close to me! If you're careful, you can find some great buys!! Good luck! And for baggy clothes!

Quote:
That is GREAT Kim! I know, it's awful too, from a $$ point of view. Try Goodwill, thrift shops. I'd never set foot in a Goodwill until a few months ago and I got some nice things at smokin' hot prices. I need to make another run there soon. You have to keep going regularly to get really good stuff, and I need to make a point to do that.

Congratulations!! You're shrinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Don't buy too much, you will need smaller sizes again soothe way you've been going!

Shari, so thrilled for you!!!!!

Jay, yippeeeee!!!!! I bet you feel so much better now!!!!!
Thank you Flutter!! You are such a good cheerleader for us all!!!

A couple of hours ago, DH & I were in town & a friend asked me why I'm losing all of this weight!! LOL! I joked back that it was just something fun to do!! NOT!!! Anyway, he wanted to know how I did it & said his DW may call to get the info. He needs to lose about 50lbs. & is having some health issues. Of course, he will check with his doctor first!
Also, I spoke with one of the cashiers at the store I shopped at yesterday & she told me she'd lost 40lbs! I congratulated her & shared my loss. She says I still have that much more to lose......how did you do it??
I'm telling ya.......people are curious! And I am happy to tell them & point them to JUDDD!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

Jaymar, how wonderful that your pain is lessening!

Shari, how exciting for you!!!!!

Kim, I think you're going to get to enjoy clothes shopping
Closed Thread